Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not sure how to proceed without the information from that lynch. The only other remote possibility besides yourself is The Fonz, and even you unvoted him...

I'm about ready to Increment Clone Counter, personally. *grumble* Where IS everybody???
Retired as of October 2014.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Peter, can you give us the name of the person you replaced? You made a fake name earlier in order to go with the flavor. Frankly, I don't even believe you received the same townie pm as everyone else. The name mechanics can be found in one of the links on the front page.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

To post in all games:

Sorry, I've got zero interest in mafia right now. Hopefully I'll be back soon to make good on this game. I really apologize for doing this, I'm just completely burnt out. I'll either be back in a few days or ask to be replaced.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Friend Computer, this Section needs to be nuked from orbit. It is obviously dysfunctional... :evil:
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Peter, can you give us the name of the person you replaced?
I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you are too lazy to look at the title page I'm not sure why I should do the work for you. Earlier I was signing my name based on my understanding of the naming conventions. Other than quoting my role PM directly I don't know how I can give you the information you are asking for. I've already provided it in various forms.
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not sure how to proceed without the information from that lynch. The only other remote possibility besides yourself is The Fonz, and even you unvoted him...
Yep. I think The Fonz is incredibly suspicious. My unvote was in response to my realization that I'm being bastard modded.

However, I'll give it another shot.

Right now, Killajay has the most votes and we are deadlined.

From this we can determine the following:
1) If the players voting on me think I am scum, they wouldn't be happy that Killajay is about to be lynched.
2) If Killajay is town, than from scum perspective it doesn't matter who scum are voting on.
3) If Killajay is scum, than the scum players would be more vocal after the deadline was announced.

Vote The Fonz

FoS Chaotic Diablo

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Peter wrote:I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you are too lazy to look at the title page I'm not sure why I should do the work for you. Earlier I was signing my name based on my understanding of the naming conventions. Other than quoting my role PM directly I don't know how I can give you the information you are asking for. I've already provided it in various forms.
I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. Please reveal Maz Media's code-name. That isn't a violation of the rules.

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

My sig from earlier used the exact same convention that one would use to get Maz's code-name. I feel there is a fine line here between what constitutes a quote from the role PM. Being that the ONLY place I could get Maz's information would be my Role PM, I feel it would be against the rules to tell you directly. Still, you shouldn't have much trouble replacing Maz's name into my own.

What do you think about the rest of my post? There is a deadline, and Killajay will be lynched. I assume from your vote you think I am the scummyest player. Why than would you sit back on the sideline with a parked vote and let another player get lynched? Why aren't you talking to the town and presenting your argument? Do you think it is okay to let a lynch happen with less than a majority?

-Peter
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Peter Venkman wrote:My sig from earlier used the exact same convention that one would use to get Maz's code-name. I feel there is a fine line here between what constitutes a quote from the role PM. Being that the ONLY place I could get Maz's information would be my Role PM, I feel it would be against the rules to tell you directly. Still, you shouldn't have much trouble replacing Maz's name into my own.

The Fonz already revealed his code name, DA-G-EN-2. Line is now nonexistant. Stop the stalling.
What I want to know is if you received the same townie pm as the rest of us. The front page does not give us a gurantee and insteads gives us a
should have
. If you have received the pm, then you should have Maz's code name. If not, then you have no choice but to fake one.

The reasons why I don't believe you is because of your excuse and earlier name convention. Your excuse for not receiving a win condition is because your role has some "special power". Now, let me summarize it: you're a power role that has no alignment. That's what you're telling us, and I don't buy it.
Your fake name earlier leads me to believe that you didn't receive Maz's code name and opted to make yourself one. While you may state that you found the naming conventions simply by looking at Maz's code name, it also holds true that the front page has information on how to understand the naming convention.
What do you think about the rest of my post?
I think the rest of your post is BS.
There is a deadline, and Killajay will be lynched. I assume from your vote you think I am the scummyest player. Why than would you sit back on the sideline with a parked vote and let another player get lynched? Why aren't you talking to the town and presenting your argument? Do you think it is okay to let a lynch happen with less than a majority?
What argument do you want me to present? That I find you suspicious for reasons already presented earlier? Its obvious that I have to find a new argument to work with. I found one, so I'm here. What's your argument?

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Chaotic wrote:Your excuse for not receiving a win condition is because your role has some "special power". Now, let me summarize it: you're a power role that has no alignment. That's what you're telling us, and I don't buy it.
Quote me making those claims. You are not being truthful.

To my knowledge I am vanilla town. I did not receive anything
after
the vanilla town PM, including a win condition. I know my role PM was missing information, as to how much I do not know. I have said so repeatedly.

I'm frustrated with this game, and I'm sure that is apparent. However, please do not put words in my mouth. You are mistaken, and an admittance would be appreciated.

-Peter
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Peter Venkman wrote:
Chaotic wrote:Your excuse for not receiving a win condition is because your role has some "special power". Now, let me summarize it: you're a power role that has no alignment. That's what you're telling us, and I don't buy it.
Quote me making those claims. You are not being truthful.

To my knowledge I am vanilla town. I did not receive anything
after
the vanilla town PM, including a win condition. I know my role PM was missing information, as to how much I do not know. I have said so repeatedly.

I'm frustrated with this game, and I'm sure that is apparent. However, please do not put words in my mouth. You are mistaken, and an admittance would be appreciated.

-Peter
I've been led to believe you had a power.
peter wrote:That is an astute point. I agree with you and it explains a hell of a lot about my confusion.

For full discloser, all I really did receive was the very first part of the "townie" role PM. I didn't even get a win condition. I asked Thesp if part of my role information had not been sent to me, and the answer I received was yes, but no further information was given. I thought it was flavor of the game.
You attempted to confirm your claim by having someone who isn't playing the game to confirm it. If the mod knows you were missing information, then why doesn't he just give it to you? If it was due to flavor, then why did the other replacements have no such occurances? It's obvious the mod is withholding it because of role abilities that you claim to not know about.

This leads me to have doubts.
1. Why are you using the mod to confirm your defense?
2. Why would the mod tell if you were missing information. Couldn't he have told you as he pmed you your role?
3. Is this a piece of information he really intended you to have?
4. Why did you bring attention to yourself and state that you had no win condition? Why would you go through with the "extra mile"?

I have more, but I'll wait.
So Mas and I very well could have received different role PMs. I have no idea, and it makes my own defense meaningless. I'll learn my role with the rest of you when this game is over. What complete and utter garbage.
Your next paragraph states that you could have received a different role pm than Maz. If that's the case, then what assurance do we have that you really did receive the townie pm? Is this really a townie role? Are you sure you have no special abilities?

Peter, give us Maz's code name. Stop avoiding it. I want to know if you received the townie pm or not.

Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:07 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I've been telling the truth. I'm honestly really pissed that my role PM was screwed up in such a huge way. Sending a role PM is a pretty simple thing to do, and the uncertainty that has been cast on my part makes my involvement a complete waste of time. I have been maintaining my presence here simply out of respect for the rest of you who
have
been playing.

I'm not posturing or attempting to deceive you. I'm posting to a community that I was hoping to become a part of. I feel that I have been wronged, but instead of giving up I thought I'd suck it up and keep playing, it is just a game after all, and everyone here has put a lot of time and effort into it.

That respect has not been returned to me. I won't be posting to this thread anymore.

@Thesp, when you send out my replacement's role, try to get it right. I joined into this game as a favor to you, and you spat in my face.

-Peter
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

At this point, it's practically a mercy killing, and I need to know the truth here.

Unvote, Vote: Peter Venkman
- I believe that's L-1?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Thesp »

Daycycle 4 Indication of Democracy

killajay
- 2 (stark, The Central Scrutinizer)
Peter Venkman
- 3 (The Fonz, chaotic_diablo, Mr. Flay)
The Fonz
- 1 (Peter Venkman)

Not Voting
- 1 (killajay)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to brainscrub and present for summary execution.

Deadline approaching.

Prodding stark, The Fonz, & killajay.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
killajay
killajay
Townie
killajay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:32 am

Post by killajay »

Let's end this day

Vote: Peter Venkman
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Thesp »

Fulfilled Daycycle 4 Indication of Democracy

killajay
- 2 (stark, The Central Scrutinizer)
Peter Venkman
- 4 (The Fonz, chaotic_diablo, Mr. Flay, killajay)
The Fonz
- 1 (Peter Venkman)

Peter Venkman has been brainscrubbed and terminated. Congratulations, troubleshooters! A full fledged 50% of you are still alive! Surely it will be easier to find traitors like this!

It is now Nightcycle 4. Please submit all appropriate choices in the appropriately mandated manner.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

Daycycle 5 Begins!

stark has been killed.
Perhaps Friend Computer can honor his memory by adding little detail.

With 5 alive, it takes 50.0000000001%+ to lynch.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:12 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

killajay, that's two rapid lynches you've been party to. Any reason we shouldn't lynch you next?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 pm

killajay didn't kill stark.
possibly
comment."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Am I to take it you redirected any action KJ performed on Stark onto himself?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:15 am

Yes.
possibly
comment."
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

TCS, have you got any reason to believe your powers have ever actually worked? I'm not at all certain mine have (and yes I'm partially claiming, at this point we need all the information we can get).
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:47 am

It's possible that sarcastro killed himself night 2.

I have no role-pm related reason to believe my powers don't work. They aren't activated by anything.

You should claim, Flay, because you're near the top of my lynch candidates.
possibly
comment."
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I am on your lynch list? Since WHEN?

I'll claim if it seems useful (or if more people than just you want it), but I see no indication yet that any powers are definitely working. It would be entirely in-theme for Insane Friend Computer to screw with us in that manner.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Besides, killajay didn't kill stark =/= killajay isn't scum. It could be another scum group, or another member of his group. Think, man! Why are you defending him today?
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:33 am

Mr. Flay wrote:I am on your lynch list? Since WHEN?

I'll claim if it seems useful (or if more people than just you want it), but I see no indication yet that any powers are definitely working. It would be entirely in-theme for Insane Friend Computer to screw with us in that manner.
Since you woke up today gunning for a player I think is innocent.
possibly
comment."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”