Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:04 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Congratulations to the mafia, who got to win with no dead scum. Here are the roles of the players at the start of the game:

1. Albert B. Rampage: Doctor (Town)

2. Paradoxombie: Vig (Town): Can shoot once per night, as often as he likes.

3. darhken: Cop (Town): Sane, but when he investigates Godfather the result will be innocent.

4. DeathSauce: Townie

5. goombapatrol054: Townie

6. Miztef: Townie

7. HurriKaty: Townie

8. VanDamien: Townie

9. Snichkin: Townie

10. ryan: Godfather (mafia): Appears innocent to cop and cannot be killed by Vig.

11. vollkan: Mafia

12. StallingChamp: Mafia

If the mafia wants to, they can post the pms they sent to each other, but it is not needed.

Please tell me what you did and did not like about this game, and what could be improved; as it was my first game as a mod feedback is really appreciated.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:18 am

Post by vollkan »

Good game all and thanks Mod.
Please tell me what you did and did not like about this game, and what could be improved; as it was my first game as a mod feedback is really appreciated.
I think you did really well as mod. I particularly liked the fact that you had vote counts at the top of every page; it makes navigating the thread a lot easier. Also, I agree with you that having the VCs in players' posts differentiated with the blue text is a good way of doing it.

Likewise, you handled the rampant need for replacements very well also.

I can't really think of anything that you did which needs improving, sorry to disappoint you if you were hoping for some concrit.

Something unrelated to mod stuff, we (the scum) were able to work out today that Para was the vig and had attempted to NK Ryan (but failed since he was GF) based on the fact that Para voted with little reasoning and that he had said he was "VERY sure" Ryan was scum. I'm saying this because I think it is interesting as a learning point just how little information it can take to amount to (effectively) a role claim.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Brilliant! I can now IC :D

4 wins out of 4 as mafia...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:24 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

... although I will admit that I had to do absolutely nothing than hang in there to get this scumbag win... kuddos to Ryan and Vollkan.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:32 am

Post by ryan »

Sir Tornado wrote:... although I will admit that I had to do absolutely nothing than hang in there to get this scumbag win... kuddos to Ryan and
Vollkan
Easily the MVP goes to Vollkan in this one. I will admit I thought Para was a good play to nightkill awhile ago but making me seem like a OMGUS person was our main key to send the VIG after me and leave Vollkan and ST in the clear. Sir Tornado did an EXCELLENT job when he replaced in for StallingChamp (who I thought was going to cost us the win) Being this was my first game (and a long one) I'll take the W and be happy with it. Good game townies
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:47 am

Post by vollkan »

Easily the MVP goes to Vollkan in this one.
Thanks very much. What is "MVP" though?
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:12 am

Post by VanDamien »

Funny Story.

Part 3 of 3 was by far the most damning, and I think I might have just led to a ryan lynch. It's my fault it took me so long to get all of that done, but I actually did. I had just finished typing up the remaining observations, and summarizing it, when I hit submit. And the first line of that post asked for a deadline extension. I'm looking at the time on my computer, and there's still 7-8 hours until deadline, so I should be okay. Then the scrren comes up saying the thread was locked. I was confused at first and then I realized my mistake: GMT. Crap. Not the mods fault, I should have had it done the night before, but decided to watch a movie instead.

I feel pretty good I that I had 2 of 3 pegged when I was killed. I must admit, I would have contributed to Miztef's mislynch, as I thought he was the third by the time I was done analyzing ryan.

All in all, though, not taking anything away from the scum victory here, as it is probable they would have had it anyway - Albert made it really easy for you. In fact, I've been waiting for this game to end forever to talk about it elsewhere.
Fnord is the whole donut.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Most Valuable Player...

It's basically the Americanised version of "Man of the match"
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:15 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I think this game was heavily tilted in the side of the mafia, because:

1) GF was unNKable
2) Mafia were allowed to talk during the day time as well as during the night time.

The last point meant that me and Ryan could basically co-ordinate the quick lynch of Adam The Amazing. Tough on the town.
I'm back!
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:37 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Sir Tornado wrote:I think this game was heavily tilted in the side of the mafia, because:

1) GF was unNKable
2) Mafia were allowed to talk during the day time as well as during the night time.

The last point meant that me and Ryan could basically co-ordinate the quick lynch of Adam The Amazing. Tough on the town.
I agree that the mafia had an advantage, but if the town didn't lose a cop and a doc so soon, the advantage wouldn't be that big. Maybe I shouldn't have done point 2, then it would have been more fair.

I forgot to show the role pms, so here they are:

Role PMs

Doctor (Town)

You are a doctor. During the day you try to lynch the mafia. During the night you can choose someone to protect by sending a pm to the moderator. You may not protect yourself. You win when every non-town player is dead.

Vigilante (Town)

You are a vigilante. During the day you try to lynch the mafia. You are allowed to kill one person at night, just like the mafia, but you are on the town-side. Every night you send a pm to the moderator in which you say if you want to kill anyone, and who you want to kill. Be careful with your killing though; you don’t want to kill an innocent townie. You win when every non-town player is dead.

Cop (Town)

You are a cop. During the day you try to lynch the mafia. During the night you can investigate someone, to see if he’s on the town- or mafia-side. You win when every non-town player is dead.

Townie

You are a townie. During the day you try to lynch the mafia. You have no special powers, so you may not do anything at night, but you know that you’re not the only one on the town-side. Together you can defeat the mafia, you just have to find out who that is… You win when every non-town player is dead.

Mafia

Ryan, vollkan and StallingChamp,

the three of you are the mafia. Ryan is the godfather. You are the head of the family, and the most powerful one. You appear innocent to cops, and you cannot be killed at night. You are the one who decides who will be killed at night. When you are dead, vollkan and StallingChamp decide together who will be killed at night. You two have to keep the Godfather from getting lynched. During the day you can try to lynch anybody. You’re all allowed to discuss the game outside the thread, during day or night. The three of you win when at least one of you stays alive till the end.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:15 am

Post by =Confused= »

Well damn.

Nice game scum, I had a feeling about Sir T being scum but vollkan surprised me, he felt very pro town though a lot of it.

I kinda wish I was here from the start. Good game guys
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:44 am

Post by DeathSauce »

I thought his game would never end!

I've been following along now and then, I have to say that ryan did a great job in this game, very good work at deflecting suspicion.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:27 am

Post by d3sisted »

Bah, I feel like a total idiot.

I suspected a ryan/Miztef/Vollkan team, but as soon as I saw ST and ryan vote Miztef after me, I knew it was ryan/ST/Vollkan. Mainly because of:
Sir Tornado wrote:WTF? Why the hammer??? Shouldn't he have got a chance to claim first?

Dammit!
Haha get real, ST, you expect us to believe that was authentic?

Then there was post 785, where I defended ryan in hopes that he would act more boldly (subsequently slipping up) under the impression that he was not under suspicion.

Props to Lawrencelot for a game well modded. If we had a cop and doc, I'm pretty sure the game would've been very nicely balanced. Just curious though, did paradoxombie attempt to NK ryan N2, which attributes to the single death?
Vollkan wrote:I think you did really well as mod. I particularly liked the fact that you had vote counts at the top of every page; it makes navigating the thread a lot easier. Also, I agree with you that having the VCs in players' posts differentiated with the blue text is a good way of doing it.

Likewise, you handled the rampant need for replacements very well also.
QFT. Excellent job handling the inactives, and the vote counts helped immensely.

Props go out as well to Albert B. Rampage, who (in my opinion at least) played brilliantly with his little gambit. Whether he used it offensively or defensively I do not know; nonetheless, it greatly alarmed the Mafia and forced them to rapidly unvote Rampage. The reasoning is, if Rampage gets lynched, a scum risks three possibilities of getting NKed. Hence, anyone mafia would push for Rampage to get lynched D2 instead of D1 (just so that mafia could NK before he gets lynched... and sure enough, Albert got lynched N2). This is what I alluded to in the previous post.

The result of Albert's gambit:
Miztef unvotes Rampage in 154
TopHat unvotes Rampage in 156
vollkan unvotes Rampage in 194.
Ryan unvotes Rampage in 426 to BW Hurrikaty.
(hence my suspicion of a Miztef/Vollkan/ryan trio.)
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

D3sisted wrote: Props go out as well to Albert B. Rampage, who (in my opinion at least) played brilliantly with his little gambit. Whether he used it offensively or defensively I do not know; nonetheless, it greatly alarmed the Mafia and forced them to rapidly unvote Rampage. The reasoning is, if Rampage gets lynched, a scum risks three possibilities of getting NKed. Hence, anyone mafia would push for Rampage to get lynched D2 instead of D1 (just so that mafia could NK before he gets lynched... and sure enough, Albert got lynched N2). This is what I alluded to in the previous post.
Funnily enough, he was vigged...
D3sisted wrote: Haha get real, ST, you expect us to believe that was authentic?
Not exactly... but I have gotten out of bigger holes before... and everyone else would have been suspicious of you to some extent... or so I hoped.

My main concern was that there was a SK instead of a Vig and he was unNKable. That would have been a nightmare.
I'm back!
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:26 am

Post by ryan »

Sir Tornado wrote:My main concern was that there was a SK instead of a Vig and he was unNKable. That would have been a nightmare.
QFT. That was something we weren't going to have fun trying to lynch
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:24 am

Post by d3sisted »

Sir Tornado wrote:
D3sisted wrote: Not exactly... but I have gotten out of bigger holes before... and everyone else would have been suspicious of you to some extent... or so I hoped.

My main concern was that there was a SK instead of a Vig and he was unNKable. That would have been a nightmare.
Nah, just the way you said it with the "WTF!!" and the "dammit!"

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 am

Post by d3sisted »

EBWOP: woops, messed up there with the quote syntax.

Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

vollkan wrote: Something unrelated to mod stuff, we (the scum) were able to work out today that Para was the vig and had attempted to NK Ryan (but failed since he was GF) based on the fact that Para voted with little reasoning and that he had said he was "VERY sure" Ryan was scum. I'm saying this because I think it is interesting as a learning point just how little information it can take to amount to (effectively) a role claim.
Yeah, I really meant it as essentially a claim though. I meant to point out the obvious fact that ryan hadn't been quicklynched from my vote even with all active players. Along with the claim, I thought i really had it in the bag, but I got a little sidetracked. I feel really stupid though that I tried to vig ryan again on the last night, because even though I had assumed there was a mafia doctor, I should've realized they would've protected ryan again after my semiclaim. Even though was wrong, if I had taken like 10 more seconds thinking about it I might've gone for someone else and we might've had a chance to keep going even if I got NKd. Oh, well.

Sidenote on vollkan, his lack of scum tells made me suspect him quite a bit near the end. After 34 pages someone so protown seems likely to be playing extremely self-conciously(and therefore very likely scum).
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 am

Post by vollkan »

Sidenote on vollkan, his lack of scum tells made me suspect him quite a bit near the end. After 34 pages someone so protown seems likely to be playing extremely self-conciously(and therefore very likely scum).
How close to the end? I didn't think you suspected me until quite late because your semi-claim post about being "VERY sure" seemed to be directed at me, unless this is just me reading into it too far.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Paradoxzombie wrote: Even though was wrong, if I had taken like 10 more seconds thinking about it I might've gone for someone else and we might've had a chance to keep going even if I got NKd. Oh, well.
Not really. There was absolutely no way for you to win this game after ATA lynch... not even draw it because of Ryan's immunity. All you could have done is to hit me and Vollkan on 2 successive nights, and hoped you did not get hit on either of them, and gone to the endgame with Ryan... which is when you would have lost due to Ryan's immunity.
I'm back!
Adam The Amazing
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Adam The Amazing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Post by Adam The Amazing »

My new mafia strategy: LAST. Lynch Always, Sir Tornado.
I need to think of something clever to put here.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

ATA... if you (or anyone else) are going to follow that strategy for THAT reasoning, then I am simply going to /out from all your games.
I'm back!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:07 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”