Mini 455 - Mafia in Theoville - Game Over who won?

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:04 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

YogurtBandit wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:
vote Nekka-Lucifer
I just realized, that I had voted nekka-lucifer as well. This could have been a Bandwagoning act, because I think if the vote was random, he would have stated it. Of course, It could have just been Random, but I dont like to take chances, and having a random vote bugs me.

Unvote , Vote: ChaosOmega
That good enough for Proof?

yes Guardian, I meant E's vote on CO.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:54 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:YogurtBandit, by yours, do you mean ChaosOmega's? Or do you mean Ertomachia's vote on ChaosOmega?

Nanook, the logic "if you are random voting, then say so" can most definitely be applied to Streeflo, but I did mean for it to apply to ChaosOmega's posts at the time.
Unvote: Streeflo, Vote: Guardian
... Better?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:Then you said that the chance of this actually happening was slight. Being actively suspicious is great, but you are not giving me or anyone else much to go on.

I think voting without providing a reason is OK, but not providing a reason when one is asked for makes the vote seem quite arbitrary, especially when you say that you had a good reason for the vote.
To state my reasons would spoil it- it is too early. esp since you haven't done anything to convince me that I am wrong, and giving away the tell I'm looking at would result in you knowing to stop the action.

Why place a vote at all? To encourage postiness. Is this vote arbitrary? A little, just all all votes on page two are going to be a little arbitrary, there aren't that many facts at this point in the game.

I promise to reveal my reasons before post #100. Yes, that is an arbitrary number.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Streeflo »

Guardian wrote:Streeflo, the legitimate reasons are twofold. In your second post you made no indication that you were joking. Then, you accepted a random vote as "good content". I don't believe that a town member would, in seriousness, accept a random vote as good content at all. You then claimed later that that post was a joke... which it may well have been, but if it was not made with a joking intent and you saying it was a joke was merely a coverup later, accepting YB's rather insubstantial post as a reason to unvote him shows that you don't really care where your vote is. That being said... you may well have been joking. Just because this came up on the first page of the game doesn't mean that I am going to discard it completely, however - all posts a player makes are important.
You're way overthinking a random vote. How could I have suspicions in any possibly way on Day 1?
YogurtBandit wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:
vote Nekka-Lucifer
I just realized, that I had voted nekka-lucifer as well. This could have been a Bandwagoning act, because I think if the vote was random, he would have stated it. Of course, It could have just been Random, but
I dont like to take chances
, and having a random vote bugs me.

I don't understand, what exactly are you worried about? He's at Lynch-5.

@Adel: Hope to hear from you soon.
Unvote;
until further notice.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:24 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Streeflo wrote:
Guardian wrote:Streeflo, the legitimate reasons are twofold. In your second post you made no indication that you were joking. Then, you accepted a random vote as "good content". I don't believe that a town member would, in seriousness, accept a random vote as good content at all. You then claimed later that that post was a joke... which it may well have been, but if it was not made with a joking intent and you saying it was a joke was merely a coverup later, accepting YB's rather insubstantial post as a reason to unvote him shows that you don't really care where your vote is. That being said... you may well have been joking. Just because this came up on the first page of the game doesn't mean that I am going to discard it completely, however - all posts a player makes are important.
You're way overthinking a random vote. How could I have suspicions in any possibly way on Day 1?
YogurtBandit wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:
vote Nekka-Lucifer
I just realized, that I had voted nekka-lucifer as well. This could have been a Bandwagoning act, because I think if the vote was random, he would have stated it. Of course, It could have just been Random, but
I dont like to take chances
, and having a random vote bugs me.

I don't understand, what exactly are you worried about? He's at Lynch-5.

@Adel: Hope to hear from you soon.
Unvote;
until further notice.
Because, As Guardian stated, Voting without saying anything is a Scumtell. So a Bandwagon + a Scumtell = Vote.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Adel »

Nekka-Lucifer: Are you lurking or what?

Normally I would use red for votes and yellow for random votes, I really can't tell the difference in this game without a few judgment calls, and I wanted to keep the graphic as object as possible.

Anyone notice anything? Mostly I just see a bunch of noise.
Nanosauromo
Nanosauromo
Goon
Nanosauromo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Nanosauromo »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Guardian wrote:YogurtBandit, by yours, do you mean ChaosOmega's? Or do you mean Ertomachia's vote on ChaosOmega?

Nanook, the logic "if you are random voting, then say so" can most definitely be applied to Streeflo, but I did mean for it to apply to ChaosOmega's posts at the time.
... Better?
Seems like you're getting a bit desperate.

I dunno about the rest of you, but so far Nanook seems like the scummiest player in the game.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:10 am

Post by YagamiLight »

Adel wrote:Anyone notice anything? Mostly I just see a bunch of noise.
I just notice that Nekka's the only one not to vote, so yeah, a bunch of noise.

I dunno about the rest of you, but so far Nanook seems like the scummiest player in the game.
I think we might want to get more talking out of everyone before we decide anything. I don't really think aynone looks much more or less scummy then anyone else (except me of course :D).
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Erotomachia »

That's a pretty neat picture nonetheless, Adel.

Anyway, YogurtBandit's vote for ChaosOmega still seems strange to me. It's nothing major, just a little weird.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by MeMe »

YogurtBandit wrote:Voting without saying anything is a Scumtell.
Really? Please back this up if you can.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanosauromo wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:

... Better?

I'm far from desperate Nano .. Don't have a worry in the world right now. The vote I've placed is possibly in the right place for right now .. I'd say more, but I'm not too sure now is the right time. I think some know what I'm talking about .. although maybe not .. I'm even a bit confused at all the logic of it myself, which is why I can't decide between streeflo or guardian, but for now guardian will keep my vote.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Guardian »

Some thoughts before I go to bed.
I still have no idea what I have done that is suspicious, but I am sure you will tell me in time... I don't like the vote of me, Nanook, obviously - does any player ever like being voted for? Someone posted in mafia about discussion about how as town you always know you are being lynched for BS reasons; I am near being lynched nor do I have great fear of being lynched today... But I am not being voted for bad reasons, I am being voted for reasons that afaik don't even exist.

MeMe, you are a legend and all and maybe you are just being all tricky by posting really short posts and helping the town... But while I do think voting without saying anything immediately is OK, posting without saying anything at all is a scum tell imo. I feel that content full posts are pro town because if every player makes content full posts then scum will eventually slip and be found out. By making short posts with one sentence, you are not really giving the town anything to go on in terms of discerning your allignment. I can't quite say this as articulately as I want to, but each townie enters into an understood agreement of posting at risk of being seen as scummy so that the scum will have to post and will be outed as being scummy. Your two posts without much content are very much lurkish and seem unhelpful to me.

Adel, I reiterate that if there is something to show that I am scum, it must be true now, not something you can invent sometime before 100 posts. Your map is very intersting and all (though not up to date), but you saying I have some scum tell when I am not scum and not even letting me respond to it is... not very pro town in my opinion.

It is more than a little fishy that YB has been patting me on the back so heavily... I like you, mate, but you have no reason at this point to be following me so closely ;).

Streeflo, I am willing to let the page one blip go... for now...
unvote

Adel, Streeflo, YB, and MeMe are all attractive targets at this point.
vote: YB
for the curious Omega push and for associating with me.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Guardian wrote:
C
oultn't sleep at all, so I thought I'd post.
O
ften, ChaosOmega, new scum will just vote without saying anything, like you did.
P
eople might get suspicious of you for that (I am a wee bit); I think it's better to just say that your vote is random in the future so people don't have a reason to jump on. My 1/50 of a dollar ;).
Originally, I thought to myself that Guardian was completely foolish for doing such a thing on the first page of this game .. I don't know why people think it's a great Idea to claim something so early on, especially the supposed 'cop'.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I tend to think it's more so a mafioso move to set them selves up later in case they get into a bind so that they have a defense later, like If you read my earlier game post you'll see that I claimed cop or something.

Again this could have been something obviously mistakened for all I know, and if you truly are the cop, well then I apologize.

I voted streeflo originally b/c of guardian's not so random vote early on. I then changed my vote due to the confusion it seemed to cause. I had nothing more on Streeflo then that ..
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Guardian »

NanookTheWolf wrote:Again this could have been something obviously mistakened for all I know, and if you truly are the cop, well then I apologize.
Well, there goes my first attempt at breadcrumbing. The whole point of it is that if I ever have to claim later in the game, I can prove that I am really the cop and not just scum making it up. Thanks Nanook.............................................................................................................................................
If you were scum, you would not have pointed this out, just night killed me. I must conclude that you are town but OMGUS :(. Why, as a townie, would you give that information to the scum? Maybe it popped out to you, maybe someone else noticed it... but the whole town definitely did not. Seriously.... Also OMGIS if it was so easy to see :x. Sorry guys... Nanook, seriously, why though?......

ps... this is not just a coincidence... there are three other posts where cop appear like come on people, etc....

wow, what a bad note to go to bed on.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by MeMe »

Guardian, I do actually agree with you that short posts don't give a lot to go on as far as discerning alignment -- but that's not quite the same thing as a "scum tell" as town need not worry about going out of their way to appear townish any more than a duck needs to worry about appearing ducklike. Nor, for that matter, should short posts be automatically dismissed as lacking content as there can be a lot of strategy in holding back, regardless of alignment.

That said, though, I'll...

unvote: Guardian
vote: YogurtBandit

...as I find a blind echo of an unsupported idea more disturbing than the initial statement.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by MeMe »

Well,
that's
interesting (neither Nanook nor Guardian had posted when I started typing -- no, I'm not a slow typist, I'm just helping my son fill out job applications simultaneously).
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote: It is more than a little fishy that YB has been patting me on the back so heavily... I like you, mate, but you have no reason at this point to be following me so closely ;).
Have I really been Patting you on the back that much? I thought that through all the games Im in with you, I might have been doing it too much, but not so much this game...

Adel, Your Vote web looks intresting.So far no Omgus votes,Only some canceled. The most someone's ever been voted is 2 votes (-5 lynch). Looks like noise. If you throw in the votes after that, its still kind of noisy..
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Votecount 2

Guardian 2 - Adel, NanookTheWolf
ChaosOmega 2 - Erotomachia, YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit 2 - Guardian, MeMe
Nekka-Lucifer 1 - ChaosOmega
NanookTheWolf 1 - Nanosauromo
Adel 1 - DogMom

Not voting - Nekka-Lucifer, Streeflo, YagamiLight

Deadline will hit - In 12 days and some 16 hours.

Nekka has been prodded just incase he didn't realise we had started
Last edited by theopor_COD on Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Post by Adel »

Guardian wrote:Adel, I reiterate that if there is something to show that I am scum, it must be true now, not something you can invent sometime before 100 posts. Your map is very intersting and all (though not up to date), but you saying I have some scum tell when I am not scum and not even letting me respond to it is... not very pro town in my opinion
You convinced me with you first line. I was pretty torn on the tactic myself. I don't know how I missed NanookTheWolf's vote for you on the map. But it really bothers me that he is voting for you for no good given reason, and my non-explained vote gives him cover for it. He is doing exactly the same thing I did, but when
he
does it it seems like a scummy b.s. move to me.

I'll explain at greater length later, if necessary. I was focusing on making a mountain out of a molehill, expecting scum to overstate a case for someone else in an attempt to start a bandwagon. You seemed to be the most guilty of it. Announcing my vote without explaining it was a tactic designed to encourage you to continue overstating a case, and hopefully get defensive about it.

I don't like the non-disclosure tactic. It drew too much attention to itself, and gave Guardian something do be justly irritated with.

unvote: Guardian

I was wrong, the way I went about my vote and explaining my reasons for not stating my reason to vote
was bad for town
. I apologize.

FoS: NanookTheWolf
for doing the same scummy vote for Guardian in the same scummy manner that I did. I am a newbie, what is your excuse? Rusty?

Here is a question for everyone: If Nanook and Guardian were scum buddies and planned to start a scum fight, how would they go about doing it? If the result of their fight was a cop claim by one, then he openly clears his partner Day 2 , how impressive would that be? I looked over the opening post by our mod, and I don't see anything that allows or forbids mafia from PM'ing each other before the thread was unlocked. If they weren't allowed to PM each other I don't see how they could've set this up.

theopor_COD: were roles with PM rights allowed to PM each other before the game started?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by Adel »

YogurtBandit wrote:The most someone's ever been voted is 2 votes (-5 lynch). Looks like noise. If you throw in the votes after that, its still kind of noisy..
It should've shown 3 votes for Guardian, I missed NanookTheWolf's vote. Sorry about that.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Adel wrote:
theopor_COD: were roles with PM rights allowed to PM each other before the game started?
I didn't make a point of disallowing it, if thats what you mean.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Unvote: Guardian

What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I voted for Guardian, b/c I thought Meme saw the same thing I did, and possibly was counter-claiming Guardian for it. Hence why I said .. You take your route, and I'll take mine bit. At the time I whole heartedly believed Guardian's role claim and thought he was trying to finger Streeflo as scum, obviously I was wrong and before it started becoming even more confusion placed on myself I figured I'd state the facts.

As to Guardian, Posting hidden clues in posts like that will grasp my attention .. not always, but some of the time yes. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut on something like that, b/c I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who'd seen it which in this particular game is a bad thing. It's not a route that I personally would take for this reasoning. As you can see I totally blew your cover so to speak, yet at the same time if you are really the cop, then the doc knows whose best to protect tonight.

I went back on my theory regarding Meme's possible counter claim due to her just now unvoting.

Any of this making sense?

As for the rusty comment .. do you even know what it refers to Adel, or as to why Meme stated it. Please don't insult my playing skills, b/c I'll tell you now that, although usually fun, mafia is a game that practically anybody could get good at if the time is applied. I unfortunately play so as I have something else to do in my humbug life that is somewhat amusing.

I'm only defensive about your comments Adel b/c I'm not entirely sure why they were made or exactly what they prove. I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:56 pm

Post by Streeflo »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Unvote: Guardian

What's with the attack there Adel? First off just let me state that I don't care if you're a newbie or not .. It's not an excuse for ever being scummy as you put it. My vote was more out of confusion then it was tactful, and why do claim being scummy?

I voted for Guardian, b/c I thought Meme saw the same thing I did, and possibly was counter-claiming Guardian for it. Hence why I said .. You take your route, and I'll take mine bit.
At the time I whole heartedly believed Guardian's role claim and thought he was trying to finger Streeflo as scum
, obviously I was wrong and before it started becoming even more confusion placed on myself I figured I'd state the facts.

As to Guardian, Posting hidden clues in posts like that will grasp my attention .. not always, but some of the time yes. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut on something like that, b/c I get the feeling that I'm not the only one who'd seen it which in this particular game is a bad thing. It's not a route that I personally would take for this reasoning. As you can see I totally blew your cover so to speak, yet at the same time if you are really the cop, then the doc knows whose best to protect tonight.

I went back on my theory regarding Meme's possible counter claim due to her just now unvoting.

Any of this making sense?

As for the rusty comment .. do you even know what it refers to Adel, or as to why Meme stated it. Please don't insult my playing skills, b/c I'll tell you now that, although usually fun, mafia is a game that practically anybody could get good at if the time is applied. I unfortunately play so as I have something else to do in my humbug life that is somewhat amusing.

I'm only defensive about your comments Adel b/c I'm not entirely sure why they were made or exactly what they prove. I made a mistake by exposing the cop, but honestly it's not something that I would do as scum, but instead keep to myself until the night hit. Maybe you should blame Guardian for outing himself, I just happened to catch on to it is all.
Nice try for an excuse, scum. This game is day start.
Vote: NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Again .. confusion my part. I don't think that makes me so much as being scum as it does an idiot. That I will take insult of.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Oh and by the way Streeflo, since you've got me "fingered" and all. Don't you think I would know that there wasn't a night if I had a night choice to make?

Before returning to this site, the mass majority of games I played in that weren't newbie all started in the night, and for whatever reason I assumed that the same applied here, but obviously had forgotten that it didn't.

Again, me being an idiot.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”