Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Guardian »

This is
a Government Notice
an NGR News Report!

Bzzzzzt! Pssssh. Bzzzz. Crackle.[/static]

Welcome, Citizens, to the first broadcast of the season here at National Government Radio! We at NGR are proud to serve you, the citizens of the FSOCL, by taking your tax dollars and turning them into commentary and updates on the yearly primaries. Our ratings have been slipping recently, due to an upstart new private radio station, that our associates in the government are trying to squash… But who cares really, as your taxes pay for everthing anyways – we have no incentive whatsoever to provide you with a useful service!

But enough of that! We maintain that we will bring you the most organized and meaningful overlay of the happenings throughout primary season. True to form, we applaud the pace at which national debate is occurring, and remind you of two important deadlines:

Deadline to Challenge: randomized moment between June 11th-12th
Deadline to Lynch: June 16th 23:59 EDT

Stay classy, FSOCL.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am

Post by mneme »

mneme wrote: unnom: spin
nom:
doh! Left this in, and neither removed it nor completed it.

unnom: spin
nom: dean winchester (challenger)

Nomination Count!
(and hopefully I won't cock it up this time).

dylan: 2 (Yosarian2)
Van Damien: 2 (mneme(2nd), Stoofer)
Mneme: 1 (Carrotcake)
Stoofer: 1 (Sparks)
Stewie: 1 (Dan Monkey)
DeanWinchester: 4 (Fonz,Stoofer, dylan, stewie)
Did I say too much?
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Sparks »

van damien and deanwinchester are towniest.

stoofer and stewie are scum/

why the hell must we be forced to cooperate with some plan that may be completely usefless twodays from now? stop trying to plan your scum strategy so far ahead stoofer.

irefuse to use nominates, im only using votes.

confirm vote stoofer

fos stewie
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um, care to explain any of that, Sparks?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:08 am

Post by mneme »

I'm pretty sure it means "please! Don't kill my buddies! They're whining at me in chat!" :) (I don't know, but I've surmised that since this game has no nights and the mod talked about needing to check with the scum to start early, that scum get to confer during the day outside the thread. It would certainly explain a certain sameness of thought coming from certain quarters).

I find it ironic that Sparks is claiming that our using bandwagon challenges rather than "mill around randomly" challenges is useless during later days -- whereas in fact us doing it (and specifically, having done it now) provides its greatest benefit later in the game.
Did I say too much?
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Sparks »

mod: please modkill mneme, he just admitted that he's been conferring with his scumbuddies outside the thread during day
THIS IS MY NOW !!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

Sparks wrote:
mod: please modkill mneme, he just admitted that he's been conferring with his scumbuddies outside the thread during day
What is this nonsense?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sparks wrote:
What?

Mneme was speculating that the scum might be allowed to talk during the day because there are no nights. How can you go from that to assuming that scum can't talk and assuming that mneme is scum and assuming that mneme is scum who broke the rules?
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:30 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Ahh, too many posts to read and such little time. So i'll just skim over most of them >_>;;

I think we should just choose one challenger, and let him choose whom to challenge. If we nominate both they would just bumble around with: "Well I know IM town, I dont know whats going on ". If we let one of them choose we could start with a reason on why that person was challenged, and not be so clueless once voting begins.
Fonz:
What is this nonsense?
Un-nominate

Nominate:Fonz
for being the first filler post I spotted today.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Carrotcake: Read the post Sparky made right before Fonz made that post. "What is this nonesense" is a pretty fair response to that, I think.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am

Post by pablito »

The mods will not publicly acknowledge any public requests at all unless I feel that it is something that should/would have been announced before the game began.
Sup, later.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Stewie »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Sparks wrote:
What?

Mneme was speculating that the scum might be allowed to talk during the day because there are no nights. How can you go from that to assuming that scum can't talk and assuming that mneme is scum and assuming that mneme is scum who broke the rules?
Maybe he didn't assume scum can't talk. Maybe he knows. I don't know where he gets that mneme is scum, or that mneme broke the rules, however. It's pretty clear that mneme implied that it was sparks and company the ones talking outside the thread.

Care to explain this?

Furthermore, care to explain why you refuse to nominate but still vote? What's the purpose of that?

How is a system which enable us to know who everyone thinks is scummy so we can use this information later on the game not helpful later in the game? The whole point of the system is that we use it to get through the first couple of days
in a productive manner
. What do you suggest we do instead? A lot of criticism but 0 ideas as to how else we might proceed. Also, explain how the nomination system can be used as a scum plot.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Sparks »

go read lo2 i have no time for this nonsense we are on a strict deadline

we should challenge before we have two so we can get some more juicy debates between two people

i shouldnt challenge because im 99% going to be challeneed
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sparks wrote:go read lo2 i have no time for this nonsense we are on a strict deadline
So...we're on a strict deadline, and that means you have to say things that make absolutly no sense and then refuse to explain them? Does that somehow make the game go faster?
we should challenge before we have two so we can get some more juicy debates between two people

That dosn't make much sense either, Sparks...if you're 99% sure you would get challanged, then why wouldn't you rather challange a person of your choice first?

If you did have to challange, who would you challange, and why?
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by Stewie »

Sparks wrote:go read lo2 i have no time for this nonsense we are on a strict deadline

We have four whole days until the deadline. Please explain what we asked you to explain; surely it can't take you more than an hour.
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Post by Sparks »

stoofer or stewie def.

stoofer is distractin the town with his plans so he can plan scum strategy haead. i mean why the hell should we follow some plan of lettin mod do the deciding when X happens or let a person pick when Y happens or vote when Z happens? it is mainly to let stoofer avoid being hcallenged, we should do whatever one fits us best. i mean of course people should be listening to town but ido not see hwyh we need to be forced into a plan muchl ike some of the people in lo2 didnt see why they needed to be forced into a specific amount of people to be lynched. this plan is also distracting from actual scum hunting and lastly, a lot of it is letting mod decide the challenger, i think we should challenge B4 deadline especially aerly so we have the maximum amount of time to decide btween 2 peppz

stewie has been pretty hoppy incosistent and all over the place abnd asking pointless questions
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Sparks »

and i think im going to be challenged cuaz of my playstyle mossly.
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Sparks »

vandamien is town because hes not scared to catch flak for his actions

deanwinchester is town simply beacuse of the way everyone jusmped on him and how theres mass scum on his tail

meneme is dumb, but dumb =/= scum
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Sparks
Sparks
Townie
Sparks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by Sparks »

yos is probabl town cuz he played like he did in lo2 were he was town
THIS IS MY NOW !!
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:56 pm

Post by Stewie »

A quick prologue to my post: proofread your post. Seriously, "hwyh"? if that's an abbreviation for something, stop using it; this isn't AIM. If it's not, then you should probably read your post before you post it, and correct it as necessary. In short, make sure your post is readable before you post it. Also, next time make sure you make those four posts into one.

I'll break your argument in parts so that it's easier to respond to. I'll just add numbers.
Sparks wrote:stoofer or stewie def.

stoofer is distractin the town with his plans so he can plan scum strategy haead.
i mean why the hell should we follow some plan of lettin mod do the deciding when X happens or let a person pick when Y happens or vote when Z happens?
it is mainly to let stoofer avoid being hcallenged, we should do whatever one fits us best.
i mean of course people should be listening to town but ido not see hwyh we need to be forced into a plan muchl ike some of the people in lo2 didnt see why they needed to be forced into a specific amount of people to be lynched.
this plan is also distracting from actual scum hunting and lastly, a lot of it is letting mod decide the challenger,
i think we should challenge B4 deadline especially aerly so we have the maximum amount of time to decide btween 2 peppz

stewie has been pretty hoppy incosistent and all over the place abnd
asking pointless questions
1. You keep saying this, but how so? How is this distractin
g
the town? How does this, as scum, help him set himself up for later?
2. What? Stop being so freaking lazy. In other words, don't use X, Y, and Z, because nobody knows what you are talking about.
3. How does this help Stoofer avoid being challanged? You can nominate him, and if enough people do so he will be in the challange. This is mafia, and the more people get input on who is lynched, the better.
4. We need a plan. Most of us like Stoofer's. We pointed out potential problems, and fixed them as we went along. If you have a better plan, we are all ears. You will, however, need to explain why Stoofer's is a bad plan, and why yours is better. "Why should the town... blah blah blah, X, Y, Z, and 2πr²" is not enough. Explain why not.
5. How so? Also, you seem to have the misconception that this lets the mod decide who is the challanger. This is only if we can't decide in time, and that is no different from a situation in which we do not use the nomination system and we don't have a challanger by the deadline.
6. I think 3-4 days is more than enough time to choose between two people if we go at this pace. It is more important to choose the two people out of the 12 than it is to choose the one out of the two.
7. Show some inconsistencies then. Don't just say something, prove it.
8. You know, nobody in this game was born yesterday. Just because you call my questions pointless does not give you a free pass on them. You are free, of course, to quote my questions and explain how they are pointless.
Sparks wrote:
vandamien is town because hes not scared to catch flak for his actions

deanwinchester is town simply beacuse of the way everyone jusmped on him and how theres mass scum on his tail

meneme is dumb, but dumb =/= scum
9. What? How does that follow?
10. How do you know it was scum "on his tail"?
11. Ironically, that's the dumbest thing I've heard... today.
Sparks wrote:yos is probabl town cuz he played like he did in lo2 were he was town
I'm not going to read the game, and I'm not going to take your word for it. Although Yosarian didn't do anything scummy, that doesn't mean he's probably town, particularly since he only posted a few times.
Sparks wrote:and i think im going to be challenged cuaz of my playstyle mossly.
No, you are going to be challanged because your logic makes no sense, when you are asked to explain it you resort to red herrings, and you are against a strategy which will give us the most information about everyone, while you promote nothing in its place.
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:08 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Yosarian2 wrote:If you did have to challange, who would you challange, and why?
I believe everyone answering this question would provide as much, if perhaps not more inormation that this silly nominating plan.

For me, it is curently a tie. One is mneme for adopting the atitude that information must be put forth in his way alone, and that no other opinions on the matter have any validity. The other is Sparks for acting so unbelieveable scummy and attempting to cast a cloud on me with his flat statements that I must be town.

Seriously, if you have something to say, an opinion to give, a viewpoint to share, than do so.
Fnord is the whole donut.
SpinWizard
SpinWizard
Townie
SpinWizard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Post by SpinWizard »

So whth this nomination thing i am still confused, we nominate someone and then they challange someone...then we have a vote off between them???
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:06 am

Post by Stewie »

That's the gist of it, yes. However, we each have two nominations (which must go to different people). First person to 7 is the challenger, second person is the challengee. If the challenger refuses to challenge (or challenges the wrong person), then someone else does it and we lynch him.

The whole point is that we don't change the system too much from a regular game, such that the town as a whole is still in control of who is lynched. There are many other benefits to the system, such as gathering information about people's suspicions (same as when we vote in a regular game) which is useful later on in the game, and preventing people (particularly townies) to go on their own and challenge some without the town's consent.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

I still think we're better off letting the challenger challenge who they like. Both town and scum have an incentive to try to challenge scum, and we'll get a more informative debate between two people who suspect one another than between two who may agree broadly, but both have annoyed enough other people to get nommed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rather then specifically saying "first to 7", Stewie, I'd say we just select a specific point at which the person with the most nominations has to challange someone, and reccomend (although we can't, and probably don't want to, make it manditory) that he challange the person with the #2 number of nominations.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”