Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm totally playing, just being contemplative as I haven't seen a good place to move my vote to as yet. I'll do a roundup tonight to try and keep things moving.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Niv »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:Of the active members, Gator does look rather bad, but since Streeflo, Erg0, Langley, and Zakk don't even seem to be playing, and Erotomachia isn't really posting enough, I'm at a loss as to a reasonable anaysis of all the players.
I dont even see gator as active. there is way too much lurking going on in this game overall to get proper reads on anyone. im still getting a weird read on jen, but for nothing other than my gut, so no vote or FoS, but IMGEOY. other than that nothing ore strikes me right now
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
zakk_status
zakk_status
Townie
zakk_status
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by zakk_status »

sorry ... i was having connection issues...
vote: Soupfly
~~(as made famouse by zakk)
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:28 pm

Post by ThaiBoxerShorts »

I really don't like Langley and Zakk's long absences followed by short, substance-lacking posts and (at least as far as I can tell) random votes.

My current vote stays on Langley, because he has the extra strike of being active in other threads while neglecting this one. A bit metagamey, perhaps, but it's suspicious.

And in the meantime,
IGMEOY Zakk
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Gatorguy91 »

IGMEOY Jenter. I forgot about this, but you were being extremely hypocritical.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by Oman »

Gatorguy Metagaming

Same:

Begins with a jokey Random vote.
Ergo: “It's interesting that Gatorguy just unvoted as soon as he came under a little bit of pressure.” Gator did that in the previous game too.

Different:

Lurked heavily on the other, like...didn’t post.
Had 0, seriously zero, content in his posts other game. Post 45 was rather heavy in content for him.
VisMajor said it well “he does what I call "nonissueposting and agreeposting" Basically he either posts only to say nothing, or to say how much he agrees with other people.”
Didn’t even attempt to defend himself, said he wasn’t interested in doing it.

Note:
This is metagaming, its soooo not definative.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by Oman »

EBWOP: That post wasn't erg0 it was Ero...sorry.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Streeflo »

Yay! I didn't get replaced.

I'll do a reread as soon as possible. I have internet access again now.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:56 am

Oman wrote:
Gatorguy Metagaming
I question the usefulness of metagaming Gatorguy to this extent. He's a relatively new player, so his play style is
almost certain
to change and evolve very quickly as he learns the game. There's really just not enough material there to metagame.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Oman »

I was asked to, and thats why I put the footnote.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

Hmm, I think the group has basically split in two, with some attacking soupfly and others attacking Gatorguy

Gatorguy: Soupfly, Jenter
Soupfly: Gatorguy, erg0, Niv, Streeflo, ThaiBoxer

I haven't voted for either; I've only weakly defended soupfly by saying that I "don't find soupfly that scummy."

It's hard to be suspicious of people when so few are active. And at the moment I'm having trouble distinguishing the different players.

I think we need a replacement for zakk_status, and probably Langley too. Thankfully Streeflo should start posting soon.

I'm going to
unvote
because my vote on Langley is pretty useless given that he's not even here.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by Oman »

I say we lynch some inactives (I agree if they're town, its a bad idea, but we're likely to mislynch day 1 anyway) Take out some useless baggage and get this down to the good stuff. What do we get, three mislynches before we're put at LyLo (assuming no doc saves or vig kills). I say we waste one on Day 1 removing an inactive, but not right now, discussion is vital.

Ero, you've put a good point there, but I don't think it will be that same side for the rest of the game. I'll be using this post as a reference point to see who always falls on the same side of debates (That is, say Erg0 and Niv are always together and close chronologically, thus they could be scum [hypothetical, not real] )
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Well Ero, I wouldn't say I was attacking SoupFly. I find him scummy, as you said, "not
that
scummy".
Oman wrote:I say we lynch some inactives (I agree if they're town, its a bad idea, but we're likely to mislynch day 1 anyway) Take out some useless baggage and get this down to the good stuff. What do we get, three mislynches before we're put at LyLo (assuming no doc saves or vig kills). I say we waste one on Day 1 removing an inactive, but not right now, discussion is vital.

Ero, you've put a good point there, but I don't think it will be that same side for the rest of the game. I'll be using this post as a reference point to see who always falls on the same side of debates (That is, say Erg0 and Niv are always together and close chronologically, thus they could be scum [hypothetical, not real] )
Now this I have no qualms about.
Unvote;
if I was, cause I honestly don't remember.
Vote: Oman
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by Oman »

You find me scummy beacuse I suggest if this goes nowhere we lose a lurker?

Okay Streeflo, give me you're idea, I'd like to see how you'd deal with a situation like this, many players away making it very hard to analyse anything.
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:33 pm

Erotomachia wrote:Hmm, I think the group has basically split in two, with some attacking soupfly and others attacking Gatorguy

Gatorguy: Soupfly, Jenter
Soupfly: Gatorguy, erg0, Niv, Streeflo, ThaiBoxer
I'd like to point out that I'm also not really in the anti-Soupfly camp. My initial vote for him was random, and has since been changed. I do strongly suspect that either Soup or Gator are scum, but I'm actually leaning more towards Gator at this point.

So if I'm in either camp, it's the anti-Gator camp, but even that's a stretch. I'm more interested in putting pressure on the lurkers.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Oman wrote:You find me scummy beacuse I suggest if this goes nowhere we lose a lurker?

Okay Streeflo, give me you're idea, I'd like to see how you'd deal with a situation like this, many players away making it very hard to analyse anything.
Okay, let's do what you said. We'll randomly lynch one of the lurkers and *hope* that s/he's scum.

Let's do as you say and "take out some useless baggage", so by the time we get to the "good stuff", we'll be at LyLo. Completely magnificent...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Oman »

Hey Streeflo, firstly we get three mislynches before we're even close to LyLo. Secondly, I don't want to lynch anyone yet, D1 discussion is important, and if you lynch we enter a large night phase which gives a) a halt to conversation b) scum a chance to talk.

Like I said, if this game goes nowhere. I'd like to look more at some of the early bandwagoning as a group and see what we can get from there.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Discussion is good, I don't advocate randomly lynching lurkers just because they are lurkers.
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Niv »

Streeflo wrote:Discussion is good, I don't advocate randomly lynching lurkers just because they are lurkers.
right now, anytalking is good, as i am finding it hard to find places too look. as far as i am concerned, lurkeres should be prodded, and if they still lurk removed and replaced. lurking is not a scum tell, it is a poor player tell or a busy player tell. people should be lynched for what they sat, not what they dont.
Unvote, Vote Oman
. the more we discuss, the less likley we are to lynch town D1
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Agreed. The soupfly thing has more or less petered out, based (I believe) n the fact that his behaviour has improved. Oman, on the other hand...

Vote: Oman

Zakk's vote was little oddly timed, too -
FoS: Zakk
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by Streeflo »

Niv wrote:people should be lynched for what they sat, not what they dont.
LOL! Interesting tactic you have here.

I did not see the zakk post earlier, but now that Erg0 pointed it out, it reeks of oppurtunistic scum.
Unvote; Vote: zakk_status

FoS: Oman
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by Oman »

Hold on, Niv and I have a different Idea on lurking. I'm talking about the type that just read and dont comment but as soon as their name is mentioned they jump in. I hate it, personally.

What am I at now 3? I do expect a chance to defend myself if i get put at -2.

Right now, I'm not worrying about your votes, you're against one of my theories and thats fine with me, what I am worried about is the scum. Erg0 bandwagoned onto me just then, but its the first even remotely scummy thing he's done all game, so right now I'm thinking town.

He was the second on the Soupfly wagon, but I don't think scum would jump a wagon that early.

I'd like to say Niv is attempting to start wagons on people, but I don't think I have enough to start that accusation either. His votes don't seem to be encouraging others at all, they seem to be looking at people individually.

Zakk and Langley are both on my list because of long absences followed by sentence long replies and votes. Erg0 comments that Zakk's vote was "oddly timed" I agree, also (as Erg0 said) the Soupfly thing has been and gone, and yet he still puts the vote down, a late jump on a dieing wagon.

Jenter is still high on my list, for the same reasons I said above (post 81)
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 pm

Post by soupfly »

ah, a fresh week at work! time to play some mafia.

seems to me that there aren't any really good candidates for lynching yet. some suspicion of gator (terrible posting) and oman (lynching inactives not a good idea at this point), but not enough to drop the hammer.

1) I think its way too early for a lynch. Even if its not going to be clear who to lynch in Day 1, the extended dialog will greatly help for later in the game.

2) We need way more posting by some of the players. If they can't/won't then replace them.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:51 pm

Post by Oman »

Soup is right, it is to early (which I'd said earlier in my defence) to lynch anyone. I'd like everyone to say who they think is scummy and why.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by soupfly »

the one thing i'm not liking is that suspicion seems to be falling on those who are most active in posting. i wasn't active during the weekend and suspicion seems to have died down on me. oman was active and is now feeling the heat. bottom line is the more you post the more likely you are going to be to write something that draws suspicion. i'd like to see some heat on the casual posters: those who post enough to not be considered lurkers, but not enough to draw suspicion. we seem to have a few who do nothing but jump on and off bandwagons as their only form of contribution.

regarding who is guilty, not really sure i can say yet. i'm finding it easier to form an opinion on who i think is townie at the moment.
i am sofa king!
stupid...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”