Mini 470 - Some Guys Are Trying To Kill You (done)

Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Niv »

soupfly wrote:its funny cause i'm among the only people who has been posting trying to get discussion going which is pro-town. if i were mafia i'd be laying low like most of the people on here.
I have a personal dislike of wifom arguements. i hate them even more if they are writen as though they are supposed to help. and this one includes metagaming, even worse metagaming youself. something i also hate. as for the moment, i firmly you are the best place to have a vote early game. soup, my vote remains on you.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Oman »

how many mafia are there in this game? My first mini :D
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by soupfly »

Niv wrote:
soupfly wrote:its funny cause i'm among the only people who has been posting trying to get discussion going which is pro-town. if i were mafia i'd be laying low like most of the people on here.
I have a personal dislike of wifom arguements. i hate them even more if they are writen as though they are supposed to help. and this one includes metagaming, even worse metagaming youself. something i also hate. as for the moment, i firmly you are the best place to have a vote early game. soup, my vote remains on you.
you seem fairly intent on lynching me. it seems that your argument is no better than the metagaming accusations you're throwing my way. either you're reaching for reasons to get people to lynch me or you're just over-over-over-meta-analyzing.

fact is that the only thing that i've done so far is to try and get a discussion going. i've neither tried to get a lynch mob going against anyone nor have i lurked like half the people in this game.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by soupfly »

Gatorguy91 wrote:My Defense is that Soupfly had no evidence to Go on and just decided to say i was
scum. I saw that as dumb, and stated as so, and that's scummy? Then Again, What's not scummy theese days?

A little bit of anaylasis:

Soupfly is obviously eager to point his finger at someone, however he seems to be playing not too well. I'll keep my FoS on him.
evidence? wrong game. whatever you post is interpretable and so far you've made no attempt to explain why you tried to get a 5-7 day leave of absence at the beginning of the game. people who don't post for 48 hours are usually replaced (if i'm not mistaken as i'm still new to this) yet you wanted to start off a game by taking a 120-168 hour leave of absence. you could have written to the mod directly or you could have posted that if you don't post in the next couple of days then to replace you.

i don't think that what you wrote is a definitive sign of guilt nor do i consider a non-random vote (legitimate vote as you call it) to be proof of intent to lead a lynching. however aside from calling me dumb you've done nothing to address the initial suspicion.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 pm

Post by Oman »

THIS is why I play this game :D

Soup is right, in this game there is no evidence, even a cop with a guilty could still be lying (both on cop and on guilty fronts).

Soupfly, I think you're giving yourself too much credit which is why you look scummy, you're trying to look "Too-Townie" either to discuise your scumminess or to make yourself look really good as a townie. This is prominent in the "meta-gaming yourself" issue and a few others about you not lurking when others are and about you trying to start discussion etc.

I've not yet lynched for being "Too-Townie" so I'll wait a while to see
FoS: Soupfly
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:24 am

Post by soupfly »

Oman wrote:
Soupfly wrote: if i were mafia
stupid phrase...really stupid. Aside from the whole WIFOM argument, it’s also pointless.
okay, just figured out what WIFOM means. guess i should stop doing that. bah, stupid newb.
Oman wrote:
Soupfly wrote:incidentally the cop investigated a bad guy but got killed before he could play
Did I miss this somewhere?
khelvaster posted that he'd investigated a godfather before he got killed. mod edited it out. hence you'll see jenter's question right after khelvaster's post.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Oman »

Right, well its a moot point, if he'd investigated a godfather he would've gotten innocent, same as townie, so
Soupfly wrote: incidentally the cop investigated a bad guy but got killed before he could play
wouldn't count there as a Godfather result = townie result.

WIFOM is a tactic, but its quite a stupid one. Its usually fine in a tight spot when all else fails, but its not a good idea to start with (like metagaming).
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am

Post by soupfly »

wish more people would post.

having a particularly boring day at work. the good news is that i've had a chance to troll through the forum and get some pointers on how game is played.

I still would like some clarification on metagaming...anybody got a good definition/examples?
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:55 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

I believe metagamig is using examples of how people have played a scum or town in other games in arguments about how they are playing now.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:24 am

Post by Niv »

but i hate self metagaming. every time i realise that one of soups moves is not too bad i spot something else. right now i am hating the " if i was scum i'd be laying back coment" which is wht my vote is still on soup. WIFOM and metagaming yourself. 2 of my least favoritie plays roled into one
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:43 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

Just because you don't like style doesn't mean it deserves a vote.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Streeflo
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Streeflo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Streeflo »

Sorry guys, my computer decided to die on me so I'll have very very limited access for a week or so. I'll try and go on when I can.

A too-townie lynch is bad. I just got a glimpse of that during a quick read.
And how would khelvaster know if he investigated a Godfather? Oo
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Oman wrote:how many mafia are there in this game? My first mini :D
I haven't played that many minis, but there are usually 3.

Khelvaster said that he investigated the godfather probably because of the flavour in his death scene. But the mod has already told us it doesn't matter. I think we should ignore it. The fact of the matter is simply that our cop is dead.

Personally, I don't find soupfly that scummy. True, he was a little overeager...but for now, that's about it.
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Erotomachia »

unvote

vote: Langley

He posted in another game on July 10, but has ignored this one since we started.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Oman »

Ohhh. i like that Ero.
Vote Langley
Ve HAve Vays of Making You Talk
ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
ThaiBoxerShorts
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by ThaiBoxerShorts »

I don't know if that's enough to get me to vote for Langley (I'd like to actually
see
him post before casting a vote), but can we get a prod on him and Zakk?

An early-game -2 situation has come and gone, and we have two players who haven't even posted yet. There's something not quite right about that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by Oman »

Well...I'd say putting him at -3 wouldn't be terrible, but I like your cautiousness. Hopefully two votes out of six will be enough to make him talk some.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by soupfly »

in the spirit of Sherlock Holmes sleuthing
Erotomachia-style

i'm similarly curious how gatorguy is posting in other threads today (friday), but has made only feeble attempts to respond to accusations against him in this game:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=225
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=50

also, if he posts here on sunday that he'll be gone for the next 5-7 days then why does he sign up for another mafia game on the same day?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1625

care to answer these gatorguy?

@niv, after looking through the site yesterday, i understand your suspicion of me vis-a-vis my argumentation style (WIFOM/metagaming). in my defense this is my second game so i'm still learning.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Post by Oman »

Soup, most games don't start for 5-7 days (well over that for Newbie games) Its almost a week in line, wait for mod, random votes, a good 1.5-2 weeks before a game starts.

Anyway, I don't think he made feeble attempts, I think they were feeble accusations (questioning his absence is strange). You're a little too eager to get Gator in trouble.

Unvote: whoever the hell it was. Vote: Soupfly
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by soupfly »

are you sure that what you see is eagerness to lynch? i'm not sure he's guilty but what i do want is some some satisfactory answers from him.

regarding how games start, on my first game i got kicked after not responding for 24 hours after receiving PM from mod to confirm. so what you wrote is not always the case.

btw, do you always change your votes so quickly? seems like your votes are only meant to get people to respond cause you constantly change em. good tactic but if you do it too much it loses its value.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:22 am

Post by Oman »

I did watch my words there, I didn't say eager to lynch, I said eager to GET IN TROUBLE, I.e. you want the heat on him.

My votes are designed to put pressure on people for the first 2-3 pages, then it gets serious. It works extremely well the smaller the game is (one vote in a normal matters not). Also, if one vote goes on someone they can shrug it off, a scum member will get overly defensive.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:48 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

soupfly wrote:in the spirit of Sherlock Holmes sleuthing
Erotomachia-style

i'm similarly curious how gatorguy is posting in other threads today (friday), but has made only feeble attempts to respond to accusations against him in this game:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=225
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3&start=50

also, if he posts here on sunday that he'll be gone for the next 5-7 days then why does he sign up for another mafia game on the same day?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1625

care to answer these gatorguy?

@niv, after looking through the site yesterday, i understand your suspicion of me vis-a-vis my argumentation style (WIFOM/metagaming). in my defense this is my second game so i'm still learning.
1. I didn't know i would have access here, and i didn't expect that game to start for 5 days anyway.
2. Here's a post. I wanted to post after lots of activity so I wouldn't have nothing to say, really.

I'm upgrading my FoS to a vote.

Vote Soupfly
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:44 am

Post by Erotomachia »

Mod
, could we get a votecount and some prods? Thanks.
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:54 am

Post by soupfly »

four votes against me: niv, ergo, oman, gatorguy.

didn't realize we were in such a hurry.

@oman, why you defending him? i thought you were for putting pressure on people and seeing how they respond. why not just let him answer my accusations (even if they are feeble as you claim) and take it from there. town has nothing to lose by getting people to post. and what exactly do you mean by me trying to
"get Gator in trouble...i.e. you want the heat on him"?
isn't that the whole point of what we're doing here? on the one hand you say that you like to put pressure on people on pages 2-3 and then you come out and vote against me for doing the same to gator. not really sure I follow you reasoning here.

@gator, still not convinced by your posts. what exactly does
"i wanted to post after lots of activity so i wouldn't have nothing to say, really"
mean? its almost like you can't be bothered to participate which is not very town friendly in my opinion. also, talking me to L-2 for an OMGUS vote isn't very good play for town. if you think i'm guilty then come out and say why. i've certainly posted enough on here for you to be able to construct an argument.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Erotomachia »

You're right...I had completely forgotten that it's only 6 to lynch. I'm definitely not comfortable with the idea of someone being at -2 so early in the game.

Anyway, I'm going to wait for the mod to show up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”