SorintheSeeker
SorintheSeeker
Townie
SorintheSeeker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by SorintheSeeker »

Yeah I don't understand this Earwig thing. If his vote really was a random vote, then why is he apologizing? Random means random; it doesn't mean reroll if you land on someone who already has a few votes. I'm going to put a
vote on Earwig
for that, but it might change if new evidence comes up.

As for the "emotion," it does suck that 17% of the people who signed up for this game and waited weeks don't even get to put one post in it. =( No offense to the host, maybe they come back to life or something, but I just don't understand it. Either they were selected randomly or it was some sort of metagaming because there was no in-game reason for them to be selected. Yeah I understand that something has to happen to get things kickstarted but two deaths night one? In a 12 person game? Something went awry. Unless that's normal for these things, I'm not sure, maybe someone who is familiar with mini-games can tell us.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Estes »

unvote: Zeekltd

I only did it messing with him since we're friends on another site.

Nobody is really saying anything too scumish at the moment except for earwig's suspicious post. I'm gonna hold off on voting for him at the moment though. I don't want to accidentally start the bandwagon.

I'd like to hear his response to our allegations first.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Estes »

oops, I meant Zeekltk, not d. I guess I was thinking touchdown or something.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

The earwig thing does seem really odd. does seem like a newb scum slip.
Vote: Earwig
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:06 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Estes wrote:Nobody is really saying anything too scumish at the moment except for earwig's suspicious post. I'm gonna hold off on voting for him at the moment though. I don't want to accidentally start the bandwagon.
Start the bandwagon? He's got 4 votes (well, 3 when you posted that). It's already been put in motion.

I would vote for Earwig, but it's way too early to put someone at L-1, so I'm going to
unvote, Vote: Estes

I didn't like that last post you made. You seemed way too cautious about not wanting to be on that bandwagon.
Gatorguy91
Gatorguy91
Goon
Gatorguy91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Gatorguy91 »

Unvote J-man, Vote Deanwhinchester.

Why did you vote for Earwig at l-3? It's Page 3, We need to get more contributions before lynching anyone.
FoS Earwig
for scummy behavior.
Show
Pie Tastes Good.
"In completely unrelated news, Gatorguy is awesome"
- pie_is_good
"Your birthday is made of win."
-Glork
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote:
because I don't like that Earwig is at lynch-2 already. I want to hear his response before we pressure him any more.

FOS: DeanWinchester and ZeekLTK
for being a little too eager to jump on the bandwagon. Zeek characterized Earwig's actions as "very shady" which I think is an overstatement. (I would call it a little odd, but totally understandable for a fairly new player) And Dean said "seems like a newb scum slip" which I think is jumping to conclusions a bit.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:49 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

What bandwagon? He only had 3 votes total when you unvoted him...
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

People, including you, were pretty quick to jump on the "j-man" bandwagon but I guess those people aren't suspicious since they didn't vote for one of your mafia buddies?
Tigers ate my signature.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:21 pm

Post by Estes »

ChaosOmega wrote:Start the bandwagon? He's got 4 votes (well, 3 when you posted that). It's already been put in motion.

I would vote for Earwig, but it's way too early to put someone at L-1, so I'm going to

I didn't like that last post you made. You seemed way too cautious about not wanting to be on that bandwagon.
LOL, every game there is someone. I love playing here because my loose style of play confuses everyone on the site(except the people who have played a few games with me). You go right ahead and vote for me, for not jumping on the lynchwagon with a strong sense of certainty. Yeah, I look scummy for thinking alright.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by Estes »

I meant to say without. Not with, before the "a strong sense" part.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

I didn't vote you because you didn't jump on the bandwagon. It would be a tad hypocritcal if that was my reason.

But you were going "I don't want to accidently start the bandwagon" when a bandwagon was already started. You just sounded overly cautious.

I still think Earwig is more suspicious than you, but he has enough votes on him without him having a chance to respond, and voting for you is better than keeping my random vote.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

vote: ZeekLTK

It's WAAAAY too early to start acting like you've confidently figured out scumbuddies. That was a ridiculous statement.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Putting somebody lynch -2 on page three is fine. If they are two poeple willing to hammer than they are the ones we need to be looking at. I think its interesting he has been quite ever since.

I don't like estes post 59 and 60. If your play consistently makes you look scummy than you should change your play style.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by J-man »

Dean that is silly, have you ever played with BM? or ABR? both of those players make them selves look consistantly scummy, it just comes natural to them, play natural and the town will prevail.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

WHAT? When you play scummy you are going to get lynch.

The reason scummy play gets lynched is because it's not very productive to the town.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:02 pm

Post by Estes »

DeanWinchester wrote:The reason scummy play gets lynched is because it's not very productive to the town.
If you think about it, the only thing I've done is not vote for someone because I didn't feel the evidence was strong enough in warranting a vote yet.

Is that something mafia would do?
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Off the Mark wrote:

It's WAAAAY too early to start acting like you've confidently figured out scumbuddies. That was a ridiculous statement.

FoS: Off the Mark

You are WAAAAY too defensive for such an early stage of the game.

It was just an offhanded comment lol.

But it is odd that you:

a) Are constantly throwing your vote around to hope it sticks on a bandwagon (you've voted 4 times total so far)

b) Have been a vote on every person so far that has had more than 1 (j-man, earwig, me)

c) Your initial vote for earwig was a "random vote" but you tried to make a comment as if to put some reasoning behind it, which mafia tend to do

d) Are so defensive so early

e) Are mafia but won't admit to it

Exhibit c:
Off the Mark wrote:
Random vote: Earwig

because... ewww
Why did you feel the need to include a "because"? If it's random there's no need to explain, unless you've got something to hide!

I am tempted to switch my vote, but earwig is not only "very shady", he is extremely shady for his vote on j-man and then the apology right after.

Estes wrote:
DeanWinchester wrote:The reason scummy play gets lynched is because it's not very productive to the town.
If you think about it, the only thing I've done is not vote for someone because I didn't feel the evidence was strong enough in warranting a vote yet.

Is that something mafia would do?
Yet you voted for me for no apparent reason...
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

@estes: The remark is in response to your " I always play scummy so don't lynch me" comment. If you don't want to get lynched don't play scummy. Yes your comment about hesitating to vote does look scummy, but you coumpound it by going "don't vote me for a scummy action, because I'm always scummy."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 am

Post by ryan »

DeanWinchester wrote:@estes: The remark is in response to your " I always play scummy so don't lynch me" comment. If you don't want to get lynched don't play scummy. Yes
your comment about hesitating to vote does look scummy
, but you coumpound it by going "don't vote me for a scummy action, because I'm always scummy."
Hesitating to vote isn't always scummy, I've seen enough townies not quite sure to or not to vot somebody. It's not a sign of somebody being scummy if they are hesitant, I'd rather have a townie who's cautious than a townie that just drops a vote on anyone
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 am

Post by ryan »

vot=vote
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Off the Mark »

ZeekLTK wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:

FoS: Off the Mark

You are WAAAAY too defensive for such an early stage of the game.
I'm not being defensive, I'm objecting to your comment about "not voting one of your scumbuddies". That seems really scummy to me, regardless of who the target is.
Zeek wrote:It was just an offhanded comment lol.
Possible, I am watching you.
But it is odd that you:

a) Are constantly throwing your vote around to hope it sticks on a bandwagon (you've voted 4 times total so far)
That's the best way to scumhunt in the early game. That's how I play it, anyway. I see the slightest hint of scumminess, I call it out, place a vote, and then watch for reactions. Your reaction was scummy.
b) Have been a vote on every person so far that has had more than 1 (j-man, earwig, me)
Are you honestly accusing me of jumping on bandwagons? Because I thought all of my scumtell call-outs were completely original. Were there other votes on you when I voted for you? If so, I had no idea.
c) Your initial vote for earwig was a "random vote" but you tried to make a comment as if to put some reasoning behind it, which mafia tend to do
Um, no, that is not a mafia tell. My vote was not truly random in the sense that I didn't go to random.org or roll a die or anything. I glanced over the list of names and picked one out that caught my eye. So I felt it was random enough to still call it a random vote. You are really reaching here, which feels like overdefensiveness to me.
d) Are so defensive so early
As I explained, my accusation of you has nothing to do with defensiveness. I never even defended myself at all until this post. I simply accused you, and you are calling it defensiveness.
e) Are mafia but won't admit to it
Sorry, no.
Estes
Estes
Goon
Estes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:48 am

Post by Estes »

DeanWinchester wrote:@estes: The remark is in response to your " I always play scummy so don't lynch me" comment. If you don't want to get lynched don't play scummy. Yes your comment about hesitating to vote does look scummy, but you coumpound it by going "don't vote me for a scummy action, because I'm always scummy."
I never said I play scummy. You've assumed such, or apparently put words into my mouth.

I just type exactly what I'm thinking at all times. That flips townies out(why I have yet to determine).

It's like brutal honesty = scum here or something.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:15 am

Post by J-man »

tell me a site that brutal honesty /= scummy I'd like to play there.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Estes wrote:
ChaosOmega wrote:Start the bandwagon? He's got 4 votes (well, 3 when you posted that). It's already been put in motion.

LOL, every game there is someone. I love playing here because my loose style of play confuses everyone on the site(except the people who have played a few games with me). You go right ahead and vote for me, for not jumping on the lynchwagon with a strong sense of certainty. Yeah, I look scummy for thinking alright.
What are really saying is my scummy play keeps getting me lynched. That excuse is lame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”