meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Vote Count!

FLoC - 3 (Bookitty, Pete dNanosauromo)
Bookitty -1 (FLoC)

4 alive, 3 to lynch.

With that, the town quickly lynched FLoC.

Faeren Lord of Carlisle,
Mafia Godfather,
L
ynched Day 5

TOWN WINS!

Night Choices and my notes coming later.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Night Choices:

Night 1:
FLoC kills IH
Nanosauromo investigates IH(Innocent)

Night 2:
Haschel Cedricson kills Simenon
Nanosauromo investigates Simenon (Innocent)
Setael kills Haschel Cedricson

Night 3:
FLoC kills Setael
Nanosauromo investigates Samruc (Innocent)

Night 4:
FLoC does not kill
Nanosauromo investigates FLoC (Innocent via GF)
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

My first time playing a whole game as scum. I was pretty proud when I read this:
Bookitty wrote:Yagami is harder to pry any opinions from. But here's what I gleaned:
I had thought I had connected myself a lot more to FLoC.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Nocmen »

ooh...forgot the roles:

3 Mafia:
1 Godfather (Cant be Vig'd)
2 Goons

9 Town:
1 One-Shot Vig
1 Sane Cop (Guaranteed Sane)
1 Roleblocker
2 Masons (Guaranteed Innocents)
4 Townies

1 Godfather - FLoC/hand banana:
You are the godfather of the Mafia. You will turn up innocent in the case of a police investigation. You also will survive the first attempt on your life during the night. You are sided with two goons, _________________ and ________________. You may speak to each other anytime during the night in private. Each night one of you will have to PM me the name of a person the mafia group would like to kill that night. The person who PMs me with that choice will perform the kill that night.
You win when the mafia holds numbers greater than or equal to the number of other roles alive.
Confirm and ask any questions you may have via PM.
2 Goons - YagamiLight and Haschel Cedricson:
You are a goon of the Mafia. You are sided with ________________, another goon, and __________________, the Godfather. You may speak to each other anytime during the night in private. Each night one of you will have to PM me the name of a person the mafia group would like to kill that night. The person who PMs me with that choice will perform the kill that night.
You win when the mafia holds numbers greater than or equal to the number of other roles alive.
1 One-Shot Vigilante: Setael/lunalovegood72107
You are a Vigilante. During any night, you may PM me the name of a person you would like to kill. However, you may only use this ability once during the whole game.
You win when all of the threats to the town have been eliminated.
1 Sane Cop: Nanosauromo
You are a Cop. Each night, you may PM me the name of a person you would like to investigate. I will tell you if they are innocent or guilty. You are as sane as possible.
1 Roleblocker - Faerie Lord
You are a Roleblocker. Each night, you may PM me the name of a person who will have their night action (if they have one) prevented from being used that night.
2 Masons: Simenon and Pete D/ a crap load of replacements between the two:
You are a Mason with ___________. You may speak with your partner at anytime during the night in private. You have also confirmed your partner to be innocent with no special actions.
4 Townies: Everyone else
You are a Townie. You do not have any special actions to use during the day and night, but you do have one of the most important instruments needed to lynch someone: A vote.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Notes I took from the modding perspective, with regards to players. Some comments below may be slightly insulting, but try to take it as constructive criticism.

Day 1: 007 and the manson claim...I was tempted to say "There is not a role called Marilyn Manson"...but I decided not to say anything and pretend the claim never happened, only replacing him. Though I did like the whole mansion joke Samruc put out...gave me ideas for a future theme.
Posts 247 and 259 - Simeon points out two of the scum jokingly, but I'm pretty sure he only saw these as jokes. Though he did suspect both of them right off the bat from replacing in. I also almost posted this in the thread to, instead of saving it to my game notes text file.
FLoC's doc claim: I laughed very hard that he was able to figure out the common role that wasn't in this game, but I also thought how quickly he would probably out himself had he claimed something else.
Daxam's lynch: I didn't expect everyone to jump on him that fast after FLoC's claim, but I would also find it suspicious that he only appeared much when he was pressured.
Night 1: FL didn't go and submit a block, I was concerned at first but then realized that he most likely didn't want to risk blocking a town PR.
Post 362: I find it funny yet again that Simenon is still right on the tail of both FLoC and Yagami.
Near Day 2 Deadline: It was looking grim for the town, that they were going after their Cop and RBer. Thought to be honest, I sort of saw a possible lynch on Nano and if I was playing I would probably vote him for those actions.
I was really thinking one of the scums would go about counterclaiming cop after Nano claimed, most likely Yagami (for Haschel and FLOC were pretty suspected), due to how much Nano wouldn't be trusted. But I do see where this would hurt the next day, as it would be difficult to explain if the cop lived overnight and there was still a kill.
Setael's OS Vig claim was unexpected. But I did see the point, helping out the town with the night. I forsaw a possible scum NK of him thinking he was a not OS Vig...
I sort of felt bad that the first two of Nano's investigations were both on the people the scum killed that night, leaving him without good evidence to back him up on his claim. That, along with the fact he was still alive only hurt him even more. From the way it went into Day 3, I was thinking he would be lynched.
Bookitty's plan sort of made me laugh (post 562), as that would pretty much bring the town into an auto-loss.
To be honest, I sort of underestimated how much you would belive any power role that was uncounterclaimed. This was also part of the reason I put a Roleblocker in instead of a Doc, was to confuse town into thinking there was guaranteed one (sort of as you did).
I also sort of stopped taking notes for a good part of Day 3 though here. Oops...Though, after Day 3, it was intriguing how Nanosauromo would be able to prove himself, when all of the investigations from then on would come up as innocent due to FLoC being the Godfather.
My problem with having someone replace back into the game is that I don't like it, because you never know what information they could have gotten, and if they had been given a different aligned role, they could play the same way they did as town and have people belive it easily. Basically, while TCS was 99% confirmed town, you never would know for sure.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I have to say, Setael and pete d won this game for town, in my opinion. Setael, with her logical deduction and her brilliant night vig, and pete d for coming into the game and instantly seeing that FLoC was scum, something I probably would NEVER have figured out.

I'm sorry for thinking you were scum for so long, Nano. FLoC fooled me for a really long time.

Thanks, Nocmen! This was the most fun game I've played on this site so far :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Actually, Bookitty, from my perspective, you had some of the best arguments IMO, but the major issue is they seemed to sway both ways.

And as I said before, it was very amusing coincidence that FLoC claimed the one common power role that I did not put in. I left it out for that exact reason, but I did not really expect the scum to be so lucky. I just made them expect a Doc protect as well as intentionally wording FLoC's PM so he would think the Vig was not a one-shot (first attempt during night, ironic because, well, there was only one shot of a role that could kill him.)

Also, I sort of think this should have been a Night Start. 2 confirmable town roles, guaranteed sane cop, and intentionally vague Mafia PMs would have made the additonal kill help a lot.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by pete d »

huzzah
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Setael had already made her night kill when I entered the game. That gave us two confirmed townies, which was a huge advantage right off the bat. Without Setael, I don't think we'd have won.

FLoC not killing Nanosauromo was a brilliant move on his part, despite being hugely risky, because I simply couldn't understand why scum would leave an investigating cop alive when there was at least one identifiable scum out there. I couldn't see how that would be beneficial for them, and it blinded me to some pretty obvious wishy-washiness on FLoC's part, because I was so certain that scum wouldn't leave itself vulnerable like that.

So if not for pete d's arguments (and FLoC's two posts that seemed just so contradictory back-to-back) I'd never have been able to get past that. I did a lot of post-sifting and quoting, but Setael and pete d had the real insights, in my opinion. (Oh, and Samruc, who was RIGHT ALL ALONG.)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Simenon »

One of the best scumhunting jobs I've ever done.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Post by Simenon »

Almost all of my in-game posts are serious. ):
SEND THE VECTOIDS
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Nocmen, I had toyed with the idea of counterclaiming cop so often. Just thinking I could probably get him lynched, but I kept thinking that they wouldn't believe 2 cops and would lynch me afterwards.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Samruc
Samruc
Goon
Samruc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:15 pm

Post by Samruc »

Bookitty wrote:Without Setael, I don't think we'd have won.
QFT. Great game! Will post some thoughts when I get home.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Setael »

Yay town! We should've listened to samruc. Who knew?! I have never been more relieved than when Haschel came up scum. I wanted to hug him. There were so many power roles claimed that I wasn't worried about a NK, and Simenon kept stating suspicion of me so I knew I needed to clear myself before he made a good case on me and got me mislynched (see how much I fear you Simenon?)

If someone besides Bookitty had replaced in, the town very well could've lost. We all wanted to suspect the unclaimeds, but her entrance into the game was SO town I never would've voted her and it would've been virtually impossible for anyone to build a case against her. I can think of about 25 players (myself included) who would've gotten themselves lynched in her place. This goes for pete d as well. You both get the "Most Preferred Replacement" award.

Fun game. This made my day.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:54 am

Post by IH »

yay!

And once again, I was night 1 kill = (
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring