I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

The END

Final Statements:

I'm sorry for all the crap I allowed,also sorry to Jathan for not keeping you uptodate. As you can see there was a lot to keep up with and I barely was able to do it myself. Next time I will keep better books.

I hope the game was fun and broadened everyone's mind about new mafia roles. I think I have learned alot so when Epic Mafia comes along, it will be much smoother. Personally this was the perfect ending to Freaktown.

Here is some stats from the game.

1300+ game posts
131 posts from the mod
63 pages
51 players
10 months long
9 game days
9 game nights
6 modkills
3 children
2 survivors
Last edited by rajrhcpfreak on Sat May 17, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

This was the second game I ever joined...It seems so long ago...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Long, but very intensive game.

Woot!

This is one going in the win column that I'm going to be proud of.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Also, guys, I wasn't NK immune.

The reason I stated I WAS NK immune was because everytime someone attempts to NK me, I either lose 2 items on my list or 3 items not on my list.

Therefore, if a group tried to multi-kill me, or just wittled down my good items, I couldn't have maintained Emperor status. In fact, the reason I lost it was because one person tried to NK me.

Which is funny, because if you had NKed the other person and then double NKed me the next night, Town would have lost because I'd have lost even mayoral status at that point.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Andycyca »

First of all, credit where credit is due.
Congrats Kinetic
You were the only thing that stood against Beta Mafia (we were really close and powerful... 3 kills per night? cool) and you managed to nail us just when we (or, at least I) were sure of winning the game.
Flameaxe wrote:This was the second game I ever joined...It seems so long ago...
No shit!, It was the second game ever for me too!

This is a public kudo to Raj, for keeping up such a complicated game to the end. (I mean, a multi-faction, lurkerfest, large theme game?). I really enjoyed it and deeply thank you for running it. Thanks to all the players, killing you was a great experience.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

For the record, any shitty writing I submitted was completely intentional. :D
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Agreed. Awesome game Raj. Pre-Sign me up if you do another one.

In an odd side note, the picture you posted for my character holds an oddly striking resemblance to the way I look in real life. Freaky.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

I was annoyed with his save ability. Mafia had this sew up and I never go any items that were on my list. I felt the mafia was going to lose in the end due to Kinetic's abilities. Sucks for scum. Good job to Kinetic
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Honestly farside, I was hoping for that sort of apathy from the mafia. It was also the reason I killed the mafia in the order I did.

I felt Tar could have figured out, or at least would have tried to find a way to break my hold. He would have realized that if the game was as open/shut as I was pretending it was, then there must be a reason the game wasn't over.

I chose to daykill Tar first for multiple reasons. 1) He had mayor status, which would have locked the game for scum had I not both had mayor and Emperor status at that point. 2) I was hoping the mafia NKs were tied to items, and his partners might not have them. So I tried to use the steal command to strip mafia at night at the same time as I was lynching other ones. 3) Because Tar was pretty much the voice of the mafia all game long. He seemed to be at the top of the power structure and I was hoping, with out its head, the rest of the mafia would give up.

Armlx's birth actually countered the carefully planned birth of MOS that I hoped would keep the town from losing and throw off the three scum who just virtually outed themselves. With the 4th scum, at that point in the game it made it I believe 4 scum against 4 townies. If it was 3 scum against 4 townies, the math made it so much easier for me to guarantee a win. But the fourth scum threw my numbers off. At the point I activated my Emperor ability, it was SCUM: (Tar, Andy, Farside, Armlx) vs. Town: (Kin, Elvis, Noah, MOS). If Farside had actually killed noah, who was his intended victim it would have been 4 Scum vs. 3 town, and even with my Emperor ability activated, it would have been virtually impossible for the town to win.

But what really sucked for me was thinking that if elvis was a neutral or anti-town role of anything, I could have been assuring the town and the mafia lost and gave the win to elvis's team. Thankfully the scum must have been thinking along similar lines, because their kills helped me breath a few sighs of relief. (Thanks for killing Grint, Flameaxe, and Elvis. Huge sighs of relief that they weren't the real mafia. lol.)

I chose to Daykill Andy over farside mainly because Andy pretty much said that he wasn't on my team, and because I thought farside might have been the mafia that forgot to kill. Another little slip up that helped push this razor close game to the towns side.

The day after I killed Tar was long, mainly because I wanted to really power up my NK-immune ability. Ironically, none of the town sent me the items I would have needed to supercharge it. *facepalm*

We went into the day losing two more, leaving the game as 3 Scum (Andy, farside, armlx) vs. 2 town (Myself, Elvis). At this point, I was still hoping that Armlx was town, but wasn't sure, mainly because his papa was Tar, so I continued to think of him as scum in my worst case scenario's and planned as such. I noticed, as looking over the night actions, that the mafia screwed up the previous night as well. Both Armlx and Andy both sent Night Kills in to kill MOS. While this hid Armlx from being caught by me, if one of them would have killed elvis, the game would have ended! Another miscommunication that cost the mafia dearly.

Anyway, I quick-lynched Andy so the scum didn't have much time to plan, and then I sexy-timed Elvis, and got Dizzy out of the deal, which pretty much countered the Elvis kill that night from Farside. Armlx attempted to kill me, and since I lost Emperor status I figured that armlx must have been mafia. I thought he just got his kill that night, since if he had it the last night, we could have lost.

Since I was still a mayor though, town outnumbered the mafia 3-2 in votes, and I was able to push through the farside lynch, even without emperor status.

Since I was able to think up the SPAM attack, I was able to counter Armlx completely, effectively making Dizzy just icing on the cake. But that being said, if he wasn't there the previous day, we would have been deadlocked at 2 votes to 2 votes, and at deadline, the mafia could have Double killed me, and if the didn't kill me, they'd have at least taken out my mayor ability and won the game. But since they weren't able to, Dizzy and I went into an endgame that no matter what Armlx did at night (almost), we'd have won.

The ONLY thing Armlx could have done at that night to win would have been A) Not being spammed successfully. B) Killing Dizzy And C) Usinh his second Night Action to steal my bottle of alcohol.

If he'd have done that, I'd have lost the mayor and Emperor ability, and we'd have gone into Day 1-1 and at deadline he'd have his NK and eventually he'd be able to kill me.

So, scummers, this game was a LOT closer then I ever let on, and I knew one slip on my part would have lost the game. Heck, there were two MAJOR slip ups from mafia that resulted either from miscommunication or inattentiveness that would most likely have won you guys the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

Yeah the one time raj makes night short and I'm on L/VA during the time. Would have been nice if he made the night a bit longer while I was out. Oh well.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Holy »

Hmm, I like those Kinetic's Emperor days... No polls needed for the hang, luls...
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat May 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

sorry but we saw what happened with extended night phases, flakefest!

I set a deadline and I wasnt told that you were gone, or might be gone. the rules state that you need to let us know too, well at least me.

but its not like you were to blame, like Kinetic said, there were multiple times that it could have swung back into your favor.

It still puzzles me why you all, well the people that you replaced, why did Chad keep his instrument Night 2 instead of giving it to Ben. That right there is another mafia kill unaccounted for.

Then there is the fact that armlx could have picked up all of his father's items and became a mayor next round. he could have stolen items from kinetic if he had done that.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought I was saving the town by giving birth to armlx...

Glad that my second child could win the game!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 11:47 am

Post by armlx »

Yeah, I didn't do that Item thing b/c i didn't bother to read how it worked. That was a mistake in retrospect.

The losing items thing is prob a lot more fair then what you claimed.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Why the hell did the mafia use 2 kills on me? They had 3 kills available, they would've won the game outright had they not double-killed me.
Permanent V/LA.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by armlx »

I don't know why MoS. A lot was lost due to me not understanding what was going on.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

armlx wrote:I don't know why MoS. A lot was lost due to me not understanding what was going on.
Welcome to how I felt nearly the entire game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm pretty sure even if I read the first 60 pages I still wouldn't get it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by armlx »

Also, no one even contacted me about the kills despite me joining the mafia. That was awk.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 2:19 am

Post by Andycyca »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Why the hell did the mafia use 2 kills on me? They had 3 kills available, they would've won the game outright had they not double-killed me.
Beats me. I think I was dead at that time
armlx wrote:Also, no one even contacted me about the kills despite me joining the mafia. That was awk.
Ehm... I blame it on either Tar or you. Tar told us we couldn't contact with you before Tar's death. I remember telling my fellow betas that you should get an instrument ASAP so you could kill too. Meh, I don't know if that would've changed the result...

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 5:42 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

elvis_knits wrote:I thought I was saving the town by giving birth to armlx...

Glad that my second child could win the game!
I'm sad I had to kill my evil half-brother, though. :(
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Holy
Holy
Goon
Holy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Holy »

armlx wrote:I'm pretty sure even if I read the first 60 pages I still wouldn't get it.
Yup...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

fyi I think this was a really neat and innovative setup ruined by flaking. I think these mechanics should be refined and reused in a mini to test it with less flaking.
Permanent V/LA.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Andycyca »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:fyi I think this was a really neat and innovative setup ruined by flaking. I think these mechanics should be refined and reused in a mini to test it with less flaking.
I approve of this.

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 9:08 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Andycyca wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:fyi I think this was a really neat and innovative setup ruined by flaking. I think these mechanics should be refined and reused in a mini to test it with less flaking.
I approve of this.
Mhm, and I would be very interested in playing in it. :D
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”