Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:32 am

Post by Erg0 »

Vote Count

Cornelius 4 (Boing, Zeppo, White, Lemming1607)
Boing 1 (Max)
d3sisted 1 (competentpsycho)
killerbob 1 (Cornelius)
White 1 (Mr. Mean)

Not Voting 4 (d3sisted, killerbob, skitzer, Neraren)

12 alive, 7 to lynch.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 am

Post by skitzer »

No revelations as of now, except I believe Neraren and Mr. Mean are a tad quiet.
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Lemming1607 »

I don't like how the town is starting to look at White over his comment on page 3. Him saying we shouldn't speed lynch IS A PRO TOWN MOVE. A super zealous townie could hammer also, not just mafia. Personally I don't think any mafia are stupid enough to hammer.

DISCUSSION IS A GOOD THING. ITS NEVER A PRO MAFIA MOVE TO SUGGEST WE DISCUSS MORE
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Zeppo »

Neraren wrote:
White wrote:I'm defensive? Uh....ok?
Every time one person mentions even the possibility of you being scum, you address it directly almost immediately. It is definitely defensive. That can be kinda scummy, but it can also be hyperactive posting. I'm currently of the opinion that its the latter, and I'm not going to complain about posting a lot. The accusation isn't exactly out of the blue, though.
QFT. Although obviously scum can get very defensive if people start pointing fingers at them, I think it is the most natural thing in the game for a townie who is accused of being scum to be quick to defend himself. I know I would.

I'm reasonably confident Corn is scum, as confident as I could be at this stage in the game. I don't mind pumping corn for information but he's been very tight lipped so far, on the last page he only had a couple of posts and they were only a few lines long. If we don't get something of a mega-post from Corn soon, either to soothe my fears of him or to give us more information about his scumbuddies, I will start pressing for a lynch on him.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:00 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm so sorry...but "pumping corn for information" just made me lol.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:03 am

Post by White »

Neraren wrote:Every time one person mentions even the possibility of you being scum, you address it directly almost immediately. It is definitely defensive.
Ok, so what would you suggest? Ignoring them? Evading the question? Answering in a very roundabout cicular reasoning post? I think addressing the concern head on is the most effective method at my disposal. I am on here too much, I like to be active.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Neraren
Neraren
Townie
Neraren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Neraren »

White wrote:
Neraren wrote:Every time one person mentions even the possibility of you being scum, you address it directly almost immediately. It is definitely defensive.
Ok, so what would you suggest? Ignoring them? Evading the question? Answering in a very roundabout cicular reasoning post? I think addressing the concern head on is the most effective method at my disposal. I am on here too much, I like to be active.
One person implying the possibility that you could possibly be scum in a game that currently needs 7 to lynch? Your time is usually better spent making a case against the real scum rather than leaping into the whole "Who me?" thing. I'm not saying ignore people who actually ask you a question, but every time anyone makes an off-the-cuff comment about you, you apparently have to respond with some form of "that's ridiculous!"

Again, I'm not saying you're scum. I'm saying you're being defensive.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by White »

Quotes?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Neraren
Neraren
Townie
Neraren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Neraren »

The thread's 4 1/2 pages, man. Go look.
Mr. Mean
Mr. Mean
Townie
Mr. Mean
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Post by Mr. Mean »

Neraren wrote:The thread's 4 1/2 pages, man. Go look.
Yes...you do not like him, do you... how about you vote to linch him? USE YOUR ANGER! :twisted:
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by White »

You'll thank me for giving you practice to present a case. I await!

Mean....you do realize that we've kinda left the random voting stage right?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Neraren
Neraren
Townie
Neraren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Neraren »

For the third time, I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SCUM, I THINK YOU'RE BEING DEFENSIVE. Thank you for proving me right on the latter.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by d3sisted »

The implication with 'being defensive' is that it is something scum would do, so by saying he is 'being defensive' we can only infer that you accuse him of being scum. Likewise, there's no reason to accuse him of being defensive if you aren't also insinuating he is mafia.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:37 pm

Post by Max »

I think the defensiveness is a playstyle issue but I could be wrong. I still think that d3sisted is scum.
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:39 am

Post by Zeppo »

Max wrote: I still think that d3sisted is scum.
I can't tell if you're being serious here. I mean, your vote on d3sisted was literally the first post of the game (bar the mod's) and you're now voting Boing. If you're not joking can you please present a case against him?
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 am

Post by Zeppo »

Zeppo wrote:Corn I'd really like a post from you right about now.
Cornelius wrote:Ok sorry for the delay....
Ok, my "analysis": Right now my main suspicion is White. As the crusade leader against me, he seems fairly eager for a lynch. Also his "you hammer you die" statement seems a little too obvious of a cover-up. Why wouldn't you want people to quick-lynch, as that can provide info on who's mafia?
You're halfway to a lynch and this is the best you can come up with? It's not even three lines long and you don't defend your actions at all, just smear White. I know people have different play styles but I'd rather hear you say why I
shouldn't
be voting for you rather than why I should be voting for someone else.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Max »

Zeppo wrote:
I can't tell if you're being serious here. I mean, your vote on d3sisted was literally the first post of the game (bar the mod's) and you're now voting Boing. If you're not joking can you please present a case against him?
Now I've seen a few posts on him I get scummy vibes I don't know why or how but I just do.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Boing »

Max wrote:
Zeppo wrote:
Now I've seen a few posts on him I get scummy vibes I don't know why or how but I just do.
This is the worst possible argument ever. How can you possibly think someone's scum and not know why? The reason this is such a scum move is that it's scum who have to make up reasons to find other players scummy, so when you try to cast suspicion on someone with absolutely no backing evidence it's pretty damning.
FoS: Max

Cornelius wrote:Ok sorry for the delay....
Ok, my "analysis": Right now my main suspicion is White. As the crusade leader against me, he seems fairly eager for a lynch. Also his "you hammer you die" statement seems a little too obvious of a cover-up. Why wouldn't you want people to quick-lynch, as that can provide info on who's mafia?
I wouldn't call it eager for a lynch, I call it eager for information. A lynch without any getting any info from players is pointless, as that way all we know is whether the lynchee is town or not. Post habits can be a scumtell, so the more people talk the more chance we have of finding scum. We don't want anyone to hammer - it's scum that want to end the day early so the town have less information to go on.

Also, pointing the finger at someone putting pressure on you? That's OMGUS, they may well have reasons to put pressure on you.

My vote on Cornelius was random at first, but I'm keeping it where it is now.
[size=75]If it wasn't for bad judgement, I'd have none at all.[/size]
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:59 am

Post by White »

Neraren wrote:For the third time, I DON'T THINK YOU'RE SCUM, I THINK YOU'RE BEING DEFENSIVE. Thank you for proving me right on the latter.
I looked over my post and I don't see a shred of defensiveness in there. I actually see some casuality. Btw, why are you using all caps? My main thing with you is that I don't feel like i'm being defensive and i'm asking you to back up your claims and you either aren't or can't. I'd like to believe the former but that opinion is up for debate.

Please show me where i've been defensive.

Max, if you're going to accuse someone of being scum, least you can do is say you're going off of gut in the same post. You're not looking too hot.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Neraren
Neraren
Townie
Neraren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Neraren »

White wrote:Btw, why are you using all caps?
Because I'm tired of trying to explain to you, I'm not going to try and make a case against you when I dont believe you're scum. That's just stupid.
White wrote:Please show me where i've been defensive.
Its pretty self evident IMO, and if you can't see it when you look over it yourself, I don't see how me saying it back to you is going to change your opinion. I'm not the only one who sees it though, apparently.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:13 am

Post by White »

So you're going off of Corn's OMGUS and Mean's blatent noncontribution?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:31 am

Post by d3sisted »

I have a hard time believing, Max, that your original random vote was definitive enough to target scum so confidently. I don't know what you're trying to achieve here, but if that's how you roll, so be it.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Lemming1607
Lemming1607
Goon
Lemming1607
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Lemming1607 »

Still waiting to hear from Corn

C'mon Corn, post :(
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by competentpsycho »

Hmmm... rereading the thread has brought Corn and killerbob(replaced Green Day) to the front of my suspicious list. killerbob's refusal to put Corn at -1 (and then -2 after he realized his mistake of the unvote, if it was a mistake) in a game with 3 mafia which means that -3 is technically dangerous (though no smart mafia is gonna jump to a quick hammer D1) makes me think distancing between mafia members, just like the
Cornelius wrote:Green Day is mafia.

vote: Green Day
2nd post of the game. Still not sure who the 3rd partner is though.

unvote
vote: Cornelius
FOS: killerbob

now he is at -2. Let's see a defense.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by killerbob »

competentpsycho wrote:Hmmm... rereading the thread has brought Corn and killerbob(replaced Green Day) to the front of my suspicious list. killerbob's refusal to put Corn at -1 (and then -2 after he realized his mistake of the unvote, if it was a mistake) in a game with 3 mafia which means that -3 is technically dangerous (though no smart mafia is gonna jump to a quick hammer D1) makes me think distancing between mafia members, just like the
Cornelius wrote:Green Day is mafia.

vote: Green Day
2nd post of the game. Still not sure who the 3rd partner is though.

unvote
vote: Cornelius
FOS: killerbob

now he is at -2. Let's see a defense.
Ok...So I didn't refuse to vote. It was really late at night when I made that post and I was headed to bed and just wanted to respond to d3sisted...it didn't even cross my mind that not voting at that point would look scummy; which I don't understand since, as you say, -3 (which he was already at) is the "dangerous" point. I will wait to see what he says about the -2 vote. Are you saying that I should have put him at -1? What would that have accomplished other than giving mafia a chance to lynch? I wanted to apply pressure without giving them that opportunity. I guess I was mistaken. I will wait to see what the Corn defense is going to be and maybe then I will put the -1 on him. Still
FoS: Cornelius

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”