#9: Elias
groinhammer
#10: Phate.
#11: Kison
Spambot

Dead: 0

#25: Kabenon007 Angelo Cavella, the Prodigal, Doc/Vig
, has been blown up night 1
Last edited by Primate on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:54 am, edited 21 times in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Primate »

Alive

#1:Gabriel Dunsirn, the Weapons Dealer
#2: Eva Cajko, the Socialite
#3: The Man from Cairo, The Drug Baron
#4: Don Mezzocio, The Boss
#5: Benedict Jameson, the BodyGuard.

#6: Paul Mezzocio, the Next in Line.
#7: Dr Christchurch, The Warden
#8: Jack, The Gangleader
#9: Harry Baretta, The Chief
#10: Sheriff Hancock, the PI
#11: Marlon, the Ice-cream man.
#12: Maria Baretta, the Doting Wife.
#13: Willoughby, The Head of the Council.

#14: YagamiLight
#15: theopor_COD.
#16: Shanba.
#17: DragonsofSummer
#18: CrashTextDummie.
#19: Zakarum.
#20: tyhess
#21: somestrangeflea.
#22: groinhammer.
#23: Phate.
#24: Spambot.
#25: kabenon007

Dead

#13: Willoughby, The Head of the Council - Town Deadman

#25: Kabenon007 Angelo Cavella, the Prodigal, Doc/Vig
, has been blown up night 1
#5: Benedict Jameson, the Bodyguard, Bodyguard
, shot repeatedly night 1
Last edited by Primate on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Primate »

(Mostly nicked from greenliquid, then edited to my p.o.v)

The rules in this game are different than what you may be accustomed to, so read carefully.

TECHNICAL RULES

1- In order for a lynch to occur, a majority vote, rounding up, must be made against a particular lynch candidate. Talking during twilight is allowed. If for whatever reason you want to vote ‘no lynch,’ ask your friendly neighborhood mod if it’s allowed.
2- Twilight is officially defined as the time after a majority has been reached but before the lynch scene has been posted. This isn’t the Webster’s definition, it’s my definition. But of course my definition is oh so more important.
3- If your role says you can talk with other people, you can, but only with whom it says and only when it says. If the role does not say you can talk with other people, all communication about this game MUST stay in this thread until the game is over. You also may not post any out of thread game-related conversation verbatim.
4- As soon as you are dead (been lynched or killed in a night scene or day-kill scene), you are dead. You may post nothing game related (not even a suspicion) beyond this point. You may make one ‘Bah’ post, but it should contain nothing that could potentially alter the outcome of the game.
5- Day will last for a set limit of three weeks. Bar site problems, it will not be extended. If a majority is not reached before the deadline hits, the day will end in a No Lynch. If a No Lynch is for whatever reason disallowed, the person with the most votes is lynched (in case of tie, one of the tied chosen at random).
6- Night deadlines are always imposed. You have until this deadline to get in your night choice, if you have one. If you need night to be extended for whatever reason, PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
7- Important: The mod reserves the right to modify these rules or your role at any time without advance warning. This particularly applies if you attempt to find a loophole in your role or post restriction. So don’t try to do that.

MOD RULES

1- Bold your votes, bold your unvotes. You do want them to be counted, right? In addition, unvote before revoting. It’ll make my life (and yours) much easier.
2- NEVER ever quote your role, or any part of any PM I send you. Period. You may paraphrase these PMs unless I tell you not to. Failure to heed this rule will result in a modkill. Not kidding here. What, did you think I was?
3- If, during any night, you do not wish to make a night choice, please inform me of this. It’ll make night go faster, so you can all get back to your little wild goose chase funhouse. If you're away during the night and wish to make a pre-choice, then tell me and I'll tell you whether it's possible.
4- If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (72 hours or more), I’d appreciate it if you’d post a notice in the thread. You could post a notice in V/LA, but there’s a chance that I might not notice it and end up replacing you for inactivity or something. Yeah, I’m not omniscient, ok?
5- If you are not actually going to be gone, try to post often. Every day would be ideal, but this is probably not possible for many of you, so just try to do so whenever you have spare time and access to mafiascum. Oversleeping townies are a real pain in the rear, y’know?
6- And of course, please be nice to everyone. That includes me. I may be the mod, but I’m a person too. Of course, a few cuss words here and there are nothing, as long as we’re not directly insulting people with them. That wouldn’t be very nice, would it? no
7- Don’t edit your posts. No, don’t even think about it. YOU HEARD ME! Just because that ‘edit’ button is crying out to you after you just noticed a glaring Freudian Slip in your post does not mean you should listen to Mr. Edit Button and give him a click. NO!
8- THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM! The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
9- And of course, the exceptions rule. There’s an exception to every rule, and these rules are included. Based on certain game mechanics and whatnot, there is a chance that there may be exceptions, additions, or exemptions to these rules. If something I say in thread or by PM conflicts with these rules, whatever I said will most likely be correct. These rules were designed to be uniform to most games I run and as such may not accurately represent all role mechanics, so read what I have to say in thread and in your role PM carefully. Your diligence will be rewarded.
10- HAVE FUN!! This rule is perhaps the most important. Well, scratch that, number 8 is. Yeah.

PUBLIC NPC RULES

1. Each NPC has a full role pm, with nightactions, win conditions, etc, as if they were a normal player. They will be doing things during the night (or not), and at the end of this game they will be tallied like normal in terms of win conditions (or not)
2. NPC's may be targetted with night actions and lynched in an identical fashion to any other player in this game (unless they can't)
3. All NPC's are on the table above (unless they aren't).
4. I will normally use the word players to refer to both NPCs and PCs. When I say 'players' I mean the PCs. In hindsight I should have just called them PCs but I didn't *shrug*.
X. If any of the above rules seem weasel wordy, it is only because I don't want to give away what roles they may or may not have, not an attempt to spite you. As a general word of advice, just treat them like players.

Pro-town Role PMs are in the following format
Steve, the Destroyer of Worlds - Vanilla Townie
Flavour goes here wrote:You, steve, have always overcompensated for your vanillaness by giving yourself ridiculous titles
Ability: You do nothing.

Win condition: You win when all anti-town 'players' are dead.
Last edited by Primate on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Primate »

Inside a large, ornate room deep in the bowels of a large, ornate house, in what was the most affluent area of canyon city, a discussion that had been happening for most of the night finally had come to a head. Two of the participants were sitting opposite each other over the large hardwood table at which all seven members were seated, and one was yelling at the other in an almost embarrassingly loud fashion. The non-participants varied between amused, bored and, in one case, asleep. The man at the head of the table sat back and made a very solid attempt at a pointed silence. As the people at the table gradually noticed his stance, they apprehensively sat back in their chairs themselves. The yeller was the last one to be silent, and as he stopped talking, he sat back, beaming and looking at the head of the table deferentially. The man opened his mouth.

"I honestly don't care, just sort it out yourselves. You're not children, for gods sake."

He pushed back his chair and walked out of the room, sighing and immediately regretting his tone. He knew they'd be there until the early hours of the morning, arguing about the petty irrelevancies that need to be argued about to keep the world going round. He understood all of it, of course, and accepted it as an unfortunate necessity, but that didn't stop it all seeming like such a needless annoyance every now and again. Down a couple of corridors and up a couple of sets of stairs later, came to a door, wedged open. He hated that too, let the heat out. He stepped through the door, leaning over and removing the wedge from the door as he passed. The room he was one of the largest rooms in the entire house, and was packed to the brim with books from all over the world, some several centuries old. The door shut of its own accord behind him, and he turned his body to lock it whilst still scanning the room.

"
Alright, I'm here. What do you want
", he said, twisting the key.

"
I don't want anything. Got something you want.
" Said a voice from behind a bookcase. It sounded like the owner was having trouble speaking.

A small red book was thrown out from behind the bookcase. The man picked it up and flipped to the last page.

"
I know this man. I've seen his face before. I don't see why his passport is such a revelation though.
"

"
Because that isn't the name he's going by. And he's been vouched for.
"

"
Then we will deal with this in our own way. And I don't want to see you again, regardless of the circumstances
." He turned from the voice as he spoke, striding towards the door.

A massive crashing sound interrupted his stride, and at the sound of it, he spun around furiously. The bookcase was lying on the floor, a massive crack down the center the back of the imported Victorian woodwork.

"
YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME, WILLOUGHBY. THIS MAN IS EX-MILITARY. HE HAS KILLED MANY IN WAR AND MANY MORE SINCE HE LEFT. IF AN ASSASSIN LIKE HIM IS HERE IN SECRET, THEN THIS LARGER THAN JUST A FEW PEOPLE. THIS IS THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG, AND IF HE'S THE TIP, IT'S A PRETTY FUCKING LARGE ICEBERG
".

Willoughby replied, his voice quiet, and his tone razor-sharp.

"
And as I said, we will deal with this in our own way. We are not idiots. And outbursts like this only prove that you have no place on the council. Play dead, boy
."

The sound of a window smashing at the back of the room announced the exit of the other man. Willoughby looked at the passport thoughtfully, then at his ruined bookcase. This entire experience had not soothed his foul mood one bit. Rubbing his temples, he unlocked the door, and walked up the corridors and down the staircases until he reached the large, ornate, room. He placed his hand on the doorknob and sighed, looking down at the passport in his hands. He could hear the arguing even through the thick door, and this was over nothing. He opened the door. The other people in the room turned to look at him, on seeing him, the previously slighted member stood up and pointed at him, yelling. Willoughby silenced him with a pointed glare and a hand gesture.

"
I have something to show you that's actually important
".

At that moment, C4 that had been packed in throughout the wine cellar next to the discussion room proceeded to detonate. The thick stone walls held, but the force of the shockwave threw Willoughby to the floor, and shunted the table across the floor, breaking the ribs of the people sat at the far side of it. Willoughby stood up quickly, taking in the situation. He then heard a noise he'd only heard once before, and possibly the most terrifying noise he'd ever remember, the sound of stone breaking, of loadbearing pillars shearing in two, and foundations crumbling into dust. He ran to the thick door, throwing his weight against it as he ran. The weakened hinges of the door gave, and he pushed through into the corridor. He landed on his side, and lay there as he watched the roof of the corridor in front of him collapse, blocking his only route of escape. He, again, got to his feet, and looked into the discussion room, only to see the sagging roof collapse into there, also, the other members of the council cut down by falling rocks the size of sheep as they frantically tried to take in the situation. Alone there in the remains of the corridor, he looked up, only hearing the groaning sound of stone grinding against stone...
Last edited by Primate on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Primate »

Other.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Primate »

Conference Room B is fairly big, and, rather oddly, three floors under the ground floor of the Hotel where this is being held. The large table in the middle is hardwood, and has obviously been shipped in specially for this discussion. The chairs are more noticeably modern, comfortable. Gabriel Dunsirn sits at the head of it, and as you all come in, he chats to the people who arrive early, his tone wary. As the last person enters, he stands up, excusing himself.

"For those who don't know, I own this hotel. I have made sure this floor is clear from anyone who may interrupt you, and that all comforts are provided. If you should need anything, ring reception, and it will be provided. Now, if you will excuse me, important as this is, I have other things I must attend to. I wish you success." He says, closing the double doors behind him.

You all sit and look at each other, oddly nervous...
Day 1 has begun. I will place the three week deadline as soon as I have sorted out any issues that may have arisen from the long startup time of the game
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Okay let's shoot.

Vote: Don Mezzocio
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

First post. Obviously scum.
vote theopor_COD
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Calling first poster obv scum in second post proves kabenon007 to be obv scum
vote kabenon007
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

kabenon007 wrote:First post. Obviously scum.
If you can go through every other game on MS and prove that then I'll listen.

p.s I can't be arsed to joke around here, this game is deadly serious - heck I've been waiting a week for things to start.

p.p.s your defense of someone called Don is noted.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Post by Phate »

randomvote: theopor_COD
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Yeag, theo makes a fairly good point, but I'll
vote Jack, the gangleader
. Gangs, mafia, fairly similar says I.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Kabenon, DoS and Phate - a question. Infact it's going out to everyone.

Do you think the players listed 1-12 are a big threat or pretty much irrelevant and are just here for flavour and we should ignore them? How do you think we should deal with them?
YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

Primate wrote:
MOD RULES

8- THE MOD IS YOUR SUPREME DESPOT LEADER! OBEY HIM! The mod may have specific instructions based on certain game mechanics and things like that. Although you may not understand their function, they are there for a reason, so obey them. In addition, there are some rules that I cannot actually directly enforce, so I’ll have to use the honors system. Just obey the rules, and we’ll all get along, and I won’t have to strike anyone down. Ok? Ok.
PUBLIC NPC RULES

1. Each NPC has a full role pm, with nightactions, win conditions, etc, as if they were a normal player. They will be doing things during the night (or not), and at the end of this game they will be tallied like normal in terms of win conditions (or not)
2. NPC's may be targetted with night actions and lynched in an identical fashion to any other player in this game (unless they can't)
3. All NPC's are on the table above (unless they aren't).
4. I will normally use the word players to refer to both NPCs and PCs. When I say 'players' I mean the PCs. In hindsight I should have just called them PCs but I didn't *shrug*.
X. If any of the above rules seem weasel wordy, it is only because I don't want to give away what roles they may or may not have, not an attempt to spite you. As a general word of advice, just treat them like players.
I say we follow the rules. :D

Okay, in all seriousness, we should treat them like players like the rules say.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

So.

I vaguely remember Primate mentioning in the sign-up thread that only moderately experienced players should sign up. Yet I haven't seen half of you before. What's up with that?
theopor_COD wrote:Do you think the players listed 1-12 are a big threat or pretty much irrelevant and are just here for flavour and we should ignore them? How do you think we should deal with them?
Unless I see them post or any other method to get a read on them, I'm going to treat them as insignificant for lynching purposes.

Vote: Shanba
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

So, if these NPC's can vote, should we assume it will take 13 to lynch? Or will it be kept at 7?

Also, in response to theopor, I am waiting for one of them to die in some fashion, that way we can see just how their pms are worded, and if it is possible they hold noteworthy roles. But I don't think that the scum would be contained to NPC's so I think it is a safe bet to say that one of the twelve of us is scum. I will focus on that first.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by tyhess »

Vote: groinhammer

because that would hurt

and I'm assuming 7, but I'm not 100% sure
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Primate »

Votecount

Don Mezzocio, The Boss - (theopr) - 1
theopr - (Kabenon, phate) - 2
Kabenon - (D.O.S) - 1
Jack, the Gangleader - (Yagami) - 1
Shanba - (CTD) - 1
Groinhammer - (Tyhess) - 1

7 to lynch.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:07 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

kabenon007 wrote:So, if these NPC's can vote, should we assume it will take 13 to lynch? Or will it be kept at 7?
Meh I'd guess if they could vote, they'd be ALTs of some kind, fact that none of the twelve have accounts suggest they can't vote - but we can vote for them.

A vote-count would indicate where we stand with them.
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

So, then, what are the NPC's purposes? Are we to assume that some are scum, or that some have some sort of night power? Or are they here just to provide townie support? Thoughts?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I think they will have an impact on the game, but indirectly. Until I see the NPC's start to mess with stuff I'm not going to worry about them.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Numbering 1-23, top to bottom, skipping out myself and the dead...

Original Roll String: 1d23
1 23-Sided Dice: (21) = 21
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Vote: Dr. Christchurch

You can't argue with dice...
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

voting the claimed doc, eh somestrangeflea? I'll remember that... :P
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:24 am

Post by MCHammer »

007 wrote:So, then, what are the NPC's purposes?
unknown
Are we to assume that some are scum
also unknown (helpful post huh?)
, or that some have some sort of night power?
I'm taking this as implied
Or are they here just to provide townie support?
or scum support?, but they're obviously here for a reason so...wadda we do?

Like the rest of you, I don't really have much of an idea (apart from what I'm taking as implied) as to what everyone else does (perhaps we should ask them - can they post also?), but I think that to assume that there wouldn't be any scum there
also
is a mistake, but then how are we supposed to get a read on them if they don't post!

Also bear in mind that NPCs have their own win condits. - surely we wouldn't want an NPC to win this game would we?

Right now, I'm also happy to concentrate on PCs until we hear otherwise.

So without further ado & especially after such a serious post on p1

random vote: Phate
for sounding a little too mean.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”