Food Fight Mafia - WHO OWNS THE SCHOOL???

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

umm theoretically you have a point, but in practice, scum win condition usually comprises 'you must have 50% or more of the remaining players. That means that a 2-man scumgroup would have probably won already.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Korlash-san: I left an entire round of posts between my initial analysis (which concluded that you or BM had to die) and my alpha. (that said, yes, 2 deaths. 2 scumgroups = 2 deaths. We haven't had -three- deaths since out lone "scum" died).
Does the word 'flavour' mean nothing to you??
Mneme wrote: Of -course- BM is scum. Of -course- holy is scum. But I don't think they're scum together. (actually, the lack of a hammer starts to prove my judgement there).
I'm a bit tired of this. Several people now have said 'BM is obviously scum', but words like that are very easy. Its the failure of ANYONE to back them up which i find irritating.
And Holy is dead in case you didnt notice. Was that a slip of someone who's mind was still on last nights NK? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Gorgon wrote:Um - I came up with a theory that there were two scum as well. Of course, there could be three ... One scum group has a mason, and the other has a PR'd player. Point is there's at LEAST two scum left alive. Otherwise, how does one explain two deaths last night?
this is a valid scenario.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Cake wrote:Ok, turns out 'later today' is a lot sooner than I thought. Yay!

Mneme- 60% town. Haven't seen any real problems except alpha-striking Korlash, don't think PR is faked, but see below.
You dont think the ridiculous BW of Yama yesterday was scummy?
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts to the contrary.
The Cake wrote: Korlash- 80% town. While there IS a possibility of one of the gossiping Masons being scum, I think a variety of sanities is more likely. What kind of cheerleader gossips with scum?
An unintelligent one. A rebellious one. What sort of cheerleader DOESNT gossip with scum? And dont you think such an ability would be perfect for balancing the game, and also explain why Korlash was so eager to eliminate both of his buddies?
The Cake wrote: Battle Mage- I've read. I've reread. I've reread AGAIN. All signs point to scum scum. I said it before, I'll say it again. The amount of friction between him and Skruffs (town), if nothing else, is amazingly anti-town.
In case you hadnt noticed, the friction between us was far less when i got clarification on my role pm... -.-

The Cake wrote: He was probably expecting Skruffs to be soup scum, and was going to use that leverage to his advantage as admin scum.
A fair scenario, but a nulltell nonetheless. Odd though, considering how you felt so strongly Skruffs was town. :o
The Cake wrote:
His claim? Highly indicative of admin scum. The only thing that stops me from alpha-striking is that odds are much more in favor of there being Soup Scum.
I'm no longer sure that admin scum exists, as it seems to really skew the game against the soup scum, who as of yet have only 1 member revealed.
The Cake wrote: This would, by process of emilination, leave Mneme.

On that note, there's a strong possibility that Mneme's PR ISN'T faked. Japanese chefs, anyone? Mneme's probably Benny Hannah or something. Those knives are frikkin' LETHAL.
Actually thats a good point. Except we havent had knife kills for Soup Scum. But i agree that the flavour seems to fit better than anyone elses.

I'm currently of the opinion that we probably have only 2 scum.
Mneme and Korlash are both almost certainly scum, but i can definitely see The Cake as town atm. I'm just not sure which 1 fits the role of soup scum better....

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Korlash »

BM wrote:And dont you think such an ability would be perfect for balancing the game, and also explain why Korlash was so eager to eliminate both of his buddies?
RED FLIPPIN FLAG!

I WAS AGINST BOTH MY PARTNER'S DEATHS!

And yes i hate caps too but that crap just set me off. I argued against Tar's lynch at least as much, if not more, as I theorised him as scum. plus Night was the only partner who talked to me and was flipping nightkilled before i even got to post once. So if you want to keep whining about how people keep saying your scum without backing it up, why don't you keep dang mistaken crap like this out of the disscussion.

>.> *glares*

I expected more from you... for shame...
BM wrote: What sort of cheerleader DOESNT gossip with scum?
Laughed at that one btw... ^_^ so true...
BM wrote:Mneme and Korlash are both almost certainly scum, but i can definitely see The Cake as town atm. I'm just not sure which 1 fits the role of soup scum better....
I'm pretty damn confident Mneme is the only scum remaining. But the two nightkills is a hard thing to get past.

I'll give a vig one more post to claim before I throw my vittles.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:And dont you think such an ability would be perfect for balancing the game, and also explain why Korlash was so eager to eliminate both of his buddies?
RED FLIPPIN FLAG!

I WAS AGINST BOTH MY PARTNER'S DEATHS!

And yes i hate caps too but that crap just set me off.
I argued against Tar's lynch at least as much, if not more, as I theorised him as scum
Wow, inconsistency much?
I'll highlight it in orange and indigo for those who love colours.
Did you argue in favour of them dying or not? In one sentence you claim to be wholly against their deaths, and in the next you admit that you were far from convincing on either score. I'll pick out some choice quotes in a sec.
Korlash wrote: plus Night was the only partner who talked to me and was flipping nightkilled before i even got to post once. So if you want to keep whining about how people keep saying your scum without backing it up, why don't you keep dang mistaken crap like this out of the disscussion.
Lol, chill out Mr Defensive.
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote: What sort of cheerleader DOESNT gossip with scum?
Laughed at that one btw... ^_^ so true...
thanks lol. :)
Korlash wrote:
BM wrote:Mneme and Korlash are both almost certainly scum, but i can definitely see The Cake as town atm. I'm just not sure which 1 fits the role of soup scum better....
I'm pretty damn confident Mneme is the only scum remaining. But the two nightkills is a hard thing to get past.

I'll give a vig one more post to claim before I throw my vittles.
yeh, and that reminds me, Mneme was also very eager to throw her food, which is another point against her. In my experience, scum in endame are often the first to act, mainly out of anxiousness to spread suspicion away from themselves.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:22 am

Post by The Cake »

Well, it seems the three of us have reached the common ground of Mneme-scum, so at least that's good. Completely nonvig here, BM.

BM, I would normally agree with your cheerleader points here, but think of our scum groups. Every dead scum was part of the adult body of the school. Do you think they would gossip with their teachers? Or worse, the cafeteria workers? That's frikkin' nuts!
A Lie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The Cake wrote:Well, it seems the three of us have reached the common ground of Mneme-scum, so at least that's good. Completely nonvig here, BM.
Erm, i never said you were a Vig. Nor suggested we might have had 1. :?
The Cake wrote: BM, I would normally agree with your cheerleader points here, but think of our scum groups. Every dead scum was part of the adult body of the school. Do you think they would gossip with their teachers? Or worse, the cafeteria workers? That's frikkin' nuts!
Actually, the soup-scum goon appears to be a child (hence the Jr). But i see your general point. Its just i cant get over Korlash's scummy play this game...

I'm pretty much ready to pelt at Mneme.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:16 am

Post by The Cake »

Doh! The vig thing was meant to be in response to Korlash's 'I'll give a vig one more post to claim' thing. I read it as you saying it, my bad.

As for the Jr., yeah, maybe, but a) He quit, implying he had an official position there b) adults can well have the 'Jr' still on their name and c) that still doesn't have anything to do with Korlash.

In other news, someone set Mneme up the Alpha Strike.

Pelt Mneme's pelt with aubergine
Lash Mneme with a wet fistful of macaroni salad
Simultaineously spell and throw consommé at Mneme
A Lie
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Korlash »

BM wrote: Its just i cant get over Korlash's scummy play this game...
... -_-' Korlash confused... How is my play here any different from my other games as town. Or even as my game as sk... or even as my game as town!!!! Did I mention that game I was town in?...
BM wrote:Wow, inconsistency much?
I'll highlight it in orange and indigo for those who love colours.
Did you argue in favour of them dying or not? In one sentence you claim to be wholly against their deaths, and in the next you admit that you were far from convincing on either score. I'll pick out some choice quotes in a sec.
First off, You said I was so
eager
to eliminate
both
of my "buddies". I was never for eliminating Night. NEVER. So thats one misleading fact, secondly I was never eager to get rid of tar. I specualted ont he one mason = scum, and for a while I did think Tar was scum. But if I remember correctly I was against lynching a claimed cop. so I hardly call specualtion "eager" for anything. Thats strike two. Now your saying I said I was "far from convincing on either score." WTF does that mean? The tar thing? Speculation and theories =/= want to lynch and/or eager to eliminate. So by saying "I argued against Tar's lynch at least as much, if not more, as I theorised him as scum." it means that I was never more for his lynch then I was against it, and so I was never eager to eliminate him at all.

I was really pissed off you people choose to lynch a cop and to see you trying to use it against me today... just set me off... Defensive maybe, but I hate stupid town plays...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 am

Post by mneme »

BM-baka, I am not, nor have I ever been a woman. Please, mind your pronouns.

At least one of you is scum opposed to the others, and should therefore realize exactly how bad a plan it is to kill off the last remaining townie. But if that person is korlash, I'm boned anyway.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:51 am

Post by mneme »

Re BM being scum: Obviously. I can do subraction, so it's obvious you're scum to -me-. If you're not, I've doomed the town by voting korlash-scum, but so be it.

This engame is so full of baka that I'm sitting in it. The only reason for Cake to throw his food at me is if he's part of a remaining 2-person scumgroup, or if he thinks I'm town. Or if he somehow thinks that there's a scumgroup with a double-kill, maybe? Hmm. Or he could think I was opposing scum and be the last member of a scumgroup, I suppose.

The possiblities, again, for the slow: (yeah, I know -- you're all scum, so it's mostly meaningless, but I can try):

1. We have two opposing scum left. Impossible unless the scumgroups had uneven numbers, or we had two SKs (seems unlikely).
2. We have one scumgroup left. Unthinkable -- two scumkills.
3. We have two scumgroups left, one with 2, one with 1. This is by far the most likely hypothesis, given our evidence. If so, it's important to remember that this is a very wierd game re votes (ie, food) -- not only do some people have more food than others, but you don't need anything close to a majority of the total # of votes to "lynch" -- a submajority can pull off a lynch. This was why I was willing to throw food early -- because it's entirely possible that two people can "lynch" in this game, giving an advantage to whomever throws food first. Also, why I wasn't willing to talk about it; it's possible that the scum could just force a conclusion by speed-voting (since it hasn't happened, I'm guessing that they don't have the food).

Now, why we're still playing if there are two scum left...normally,with scum parity, the scum have a de facto win even if the rules don't give it to them; they can't lose a lynching vote, and can just kill until they win. In this case, the votes are wierd, and it's possible (probable, I think) that townies have more votes than many scum. So it's possible the scum can lose from a parity position, particularly with other killers in the game, thus we (by which I mean me and the remaining soup) haven't been endgamed yet.
Did I say too much?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hmm, how come Cake's food rebounded onto himself? 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

What are you talking about young lad?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I'm exceptionally confused now. Can someone please explain??

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:21 am

Post by The Cake »

The was a mistake in the food count. It's fixed now. Korlash now has slightly less food on him than Mneme.
A Lie
The Cake
The Cake
Townie
The Cake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:22 am

Post by The Cake »

EBWOP: Slightly MORE food on him.
A Lie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

mneme wrote:Re BM being scum: Obviously. I can do subraction, so it's obvious you're scum to -me-. If you're not, I've doomed the town by voting korlash-scum, but so be it.

This engame is so full of baka that I'm sitting in it. The only reason for Cake to throw his food at me is if he's part of a remaining 2-person scumgroup, or if he thinks I'm town. Or if he somehow thinks that there's a scumgroup with a double-kill, maybe? Hmm. Or he could think I was opposing scum and be the last member of a scumgroup, I suppose.

The possiblities, again, for the slow: (yeah, I know -- you're all scum, so it's mostly meaningless, but I can try):

1. We have two opposing scum left. Impossible unless the scumgroups had uneven numbers, or we had two SKs (seems unlikely).
2. We have one scumgroup left. Unthinkable -- two scumkills.
3. We have two scumgroups left, one with 2, one with 1. This is by far the most likely hypothesis, given our evidence. If so, it's important to remember that this is a very wierd game re votes (ie, food) -- not only do some people have more food than others, but you don't need anything close to a majority of the total # of votes to "lynch" -- a submajority can pull off a lynch. This was why I was willing to throw food early -- because it's entirely possible that two people can "lynch" in this game, giving an advantage to whomever throws food first. Also, why I wasn't willing to talk about it; it's possible that the scum could just force a conclusion by speed-voting (since it hasn't happened, I'm guessing that they don't have the food).

Now, why we're still playing if there are two scum left...normally,with scum parity, the scum have a de facto win even if the rules don't give it to them; they can't lose a lynching vote, and can just kill until they win. In this case, the votes are wierd, and it's possible (probable, I think) that townies have more votes than many scum. So it's possible the scum can lose from a parity position, particularly with other killers in the game, thus we (by which I mean me and the remaining soup) haven't been endgamed yet.
thats not an explanation by any stretch of the imagination. -.-

@The Cake- yeh i thought so, but i wasnt sure. 0.o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Korlash »

mneme wrote:by which I mean me and the remaining soup
... um... hold up a second...
Mneme wrote:Therefore, we must lynch someone who is soup, and if not soup, is a townie.
After that you then proceded to pumle me with food.

So your saying I am either town or soup, yet your saying you should "partner" up with the remaining soup.... hmm... So either you now admit you threw your food wrongly and you hurt the town, or you got to a point where you confused yourself with all the stuff you have been saying.

Only I'm suppose to phail at logick! -_-'

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 am

Post by mneme »

mattaku, korlash, I already said I don't care about admin vs soup. It's not like I can tell the difference; you're all scum from here.

What I care about is the two-scum group (which is, yes, Admin) vs the one-scum group (ie, soup).

My analysis (which, since I seem, as the lone townie, to have more food than anyone else, with a total food count of barely 100%, was flawed; I should have waited until everyone had thrown food or drawn sides before throwing, so I had a better chance of IDing the scumpair) is based not on "who is soup" vs "who is admin", but "who is scum that seems likely to be teamed with other scum". That's the only thing I care about; if one of the scumpair isn't lynched today, both I and the remaining lone scum is doomed. If they are, it's anyone's game (1/4 chance mine, 1/4 for each of the scum, 1/4 for a scum tie, assuming random nightkills). But I don't care about flavor; I'm much more intersted in IDing the "lone scum" and not throwing food at him or her. If I've failed at this, that's my bad, but that's not a logic failure, just a terminology.

IOW, scum=scum.
Did I say too much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mneme is about as consistent as the Soup Scum's custard. 0.o
I'm not sure what to think anymore. Its virtually impossible to see her as town, but i dont see what Korlash is waiting for, and i'm interested to see what proportions of the remaining food we each have, as presumably, if we do have 2 scum left, the reason they havent worked together is because they have less than half the total food.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 am

Post by mneme »

BM-baka: please stop using "her" or "she" to refer to me.
Did I say too much?
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:51 am

Post by mneme »

Also, I'm the only PROVEN TOWN left.

See the day 1 arguments over initial goals, and the mod's proof of same.

Tsukareta desu.
Did I say too much?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Korlash »

I'm waiting to throw myfood becuase I want town to have the last say. So why don't you throw your food first scum, and then I'll toss a couple apples and pickles at you...
Mneme wrote:I'm much more intersted in IDing the "lone scum" and not throwing food at him or her.
Dude you called me soup and said soup was lone scum. I.e. to you I'm the lone scum. So even though you failed by throwin it at town, you faied in your own thinking. You jsut failed so bad it's pretty damn funny! *laughs*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”