IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:09 am

Post by IH »

TS, so far it looks to me like Quag is logical town. If you can give me a decent reason that does not involve

A.Extreme Excitement
B.A conspiracy theory
C.A defense over an irrational MoS

Then I might listen. Maybe.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

My best guess is that he still hasn't read his role pm.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

IH wrote:TS, so far it looks to me like Quag is logical town.
Logical? Town? Show me.

My best guess is that IH hasn't read the game.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Bookitty »

IH:

Do you feel that not reading your role pm is a greater benefit to a townie, or to a scum? Is there a danger in giving off "townie" vibes? If it is such a benefit to the town for someone not to read their role PM day one, then should we all be doing that? What would be the effect on day one interactions and the information that could be derived from it during that day and subsequent days, if no one read their role PM day one and just interacted without role information?

Can you provide examples of Quag being "logical town"? Do you feel his quoting of another game in order to support MoS's policy lynch to be pro-town? What are some pro-town things he has done?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:24 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Anyone here ever tried meditation ? Maybe its worth trying to increase focus and short term memory.
Hey, wanna learn macramé? We have 12 days. At the end, we can have a macramé challenge. We can lynch the most sloppily knotted plant hanger or something. That is, if this town can ever reach a consensus on lynching a macramé project.

God forbid we should lynch a valuable player like Quagmire. Or any player. Hey... here's another idea. Let's start a discussion about going for "no lynch" then ask for a deadline extension after we get a majority on the no lynch vote.

:roll:
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:24 am

Anyway. Where was I before we went on this tangent ? Ah yes. I can attest to some Zen books being good reading, quite entertaining actually, but also riddled with epiphanies here and there. Anyone familiar with Amitabha Sutra ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:26 am

Haha sorry I'm not into knitting.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

Ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, ABR?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:27 am

Oh yeah. I want you all to call me Albert or Rampage from now on. Ramp will do. I'm trying to say this in every game. ABR sounds too meanish for a nice guy like me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:28 am

Bookitty wrote:Ever read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, ABR?
OMG. You read that !?!?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:30 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Anyway. Where was I before we went on this tangent ? Ah yes. I can attest to some Zen books being good reading, quite entertaining actually, but also riddled with epiphanies here and there. Anyone familiar with Amitabha Sutra ?
Yeah I know, this game is a distraction sometimes. I am going to need a huge Zen library if that creationist Huckabee becomes president.

Can I take this moment to show off some of my Chinese Calligraphy?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:31 am

It looks really skinny. Why don't you use a thicker brush ?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yep. Really loved that book.

Nice, Strudel :)

And I do want IH to answer my questions, so I'm going to stop here. :)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:34 am

You know what TS, I might reconsider that knitting project. Make a friendship bracelet or something.

And seriously Boo, call me something homely like Ramp. ABR has an evil ring to it. Like the logo of a multi-million dollar corporate capitalist venture that takes a dump on the environment before and after breakfast.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:38 am

What is this ?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:47 am

Bookitty wrote:Yep. Really loved that book.

Nice, Strudel :)

And I do want IH to answer my questions, so I'm going to stop here. :)
I share a love-hate relationship with that book. Never read it. There's a café at the local bookstore where I sometimes go. That book sits right in front of me everytime I'm at place, on the philosophy shelf. I pick it up, put it back down. Pick it up again another time, contemplate buying it, put it down. Next time I read a few pages, put it back down again. I keep harassing everyone who has read it to tell me wth it is about.

The story of a man on a road trip with his son on a motorcycle, teaching him how to enjoy the trip instead of using it as a mere means to a vacation spot ? No, apparently. But nobody can clearly say what ideas are written in there...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:50 am

The latest chapter I read was dealing with the nature of quality. Could you spoil me a bit ? Pleaseeee. I know its not your nature to postwhore, but pleaase spoil me.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Bookitty »

It's a tree with old-growth fungus on it, AFAIK.

And Ramp, it's about the difference between teaching someone what to think, and teaching someone how to think. It is the difference between thought processes that have qualities, and thought processes that ARE quality. It deals with a lot of ancient philosophy (not just Zen) and it explores what the real purpose of education is. In a way, it's about what you do with your life when you don't get a role PM at all.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:53 am

Post by IH »

Page 1 nothing of signifigance
Page 2 not much of signifigance. I agree with Yos2 this page.
page 3
Yos wrote:In fact, I'd say the thing most worth voting for on page one is
vote:neo-viper

I don't like Panzer's reason for voting, but the way viper followed him there was even worse. That kind of following vote, onto a bandwagon of someone like Battle Mage who many people consider an "easy lynch", for no good reason like that looks like a scum tell to me.
Dunno if I'd actually agree with this. BM lynches are always fun and the right play.
BM wrote:I'm ashamed to say that Panzer is onto something here. So instead, i'll claim that it was my idea.

Unvote, Vote: Peers

Also, Yos, just because you are making a whole lot of sense, it doesnt mean i'm not keeping an eye on you.
GG META.

BM
FoS:BM
I dislike this. It's looks ALMOST like a subtle attempt to say "Lawl, you don't HAVE to listen to yos2, but I agree with yos2"

Page 4

Neo asks a legitimate question. TS says that he panicked.... I don't see it = |

Slight FoS:TS

BM wrote:Corsican Syndicate? yeh, i recall posting alot at the start of that, but i've completely lost track of it atm. Please do tell me what about my play in Mafia 71 provokes a reaction along the lines of "Fuck off BM".

TS's over-aggressiveness is noted.

My vote stands though.
Wishy wishy washy washy.

FoS:BM

Panzer wrote:FoS:Mert and Hasdgfas For both saying nothing more then "This wagon is nice and safe and no one will notice. Actually, Unvote I need to see more from these two but these guys are right up there with peers. I want to vote Hasd because Mert just got her but i don't think that is a legitmate excuse to pick one over the other. We should really look at those two.
This could be one of the most insincere looking things I have EVER read in a mafia game.
FoS:Panzer

People on page 4 are acting stupid about the bandwagoning stuffz. Like Panzer and ABR.

Page 5- ZOMG OMGUS OMGUS OMGUS from Sik to Yos.

Most everything else is useless.

Page 6
Yos2 wrote:I agree with Yos 2.
FoS:Sik
Apparrently I was wrong about things on there being useless.
I'm getting townish vibes from Hasdieaurgn and (GASP) BM for not joining the easy wagon on Sik by defending him with a Meta.

Still no good vibes from Panzer though.
Panzer wrote:So, are we lynching hasd or peers?
Hooray for False dillemmas! And spelling errors!
unvote, Vote:Panzer

Jordan is all over the radar in post 146

He attacks Neo for attacking Sik
He attacks Sik for omgusing (After defending him one statement before)
he attacks Peers for backtracking on a SARCASTIC STATEMENT
Jordan wrote:I'm willing to sort of let Silkario go for now, because of BM's post, this does not mean that I'll never suspect him though.
and that is extremely insincere.
FoS:Jordan

Page 7
A sudden Sik wagon with Kscope and ABR hopping on in posts 164 and 165 with nothing more than a vote. Notable.

An obvious ABR trap happens afterwards. :Roll:
Ergo wrote:
Peers wrote:I'm glad we don't have a deadline right now. I'd have to vote for Sikario8 out of self-defense, and that's a horrible reason to vote for someone (well, not -horrible-, but there's better).
I really don't like this post, I'm not sure why Peers feels the need to point out that he's not doing something scummy, or raise the subject of a deadline at all. It's not as black and white as Albert makes it out to be, but I certainly think it's a scummy post in its own right.

Unvote, Vote: Peers

IGMEOY, Neo-Viper.
I agree with this.

Yos states the same thing in the next post, obviously so I can state I agree with Yos2.
FoS:Peers

Page8
TS wrote:So, Sikario is a selective flaker. In my experience (your experience may vary) I have noticed that flakers are very often scum caught early. They sign up for a game of fooling everybody for months, and they get caught in the first week. Disgusted or disappointed with their own performance, they flake. Or they half-play, or sorta give up, that kind of unsportsman-like behavior. So my guess is that if Sikario has stuck to this game, it's probably because he's enjoying it more than the other games, i.e., he's not prematurely caught scum.
I can tell you, from experience, this is untrue.

TS is being really reasonable. This encourages me, in light of her irrational defense of scumbuddies and statements as scum I have seen before (Such as Cats mafia and PR3) protown vibes.
ABR wrote:I find him scummy for not voting Peers because he is afraid of that being seen as OMGUS, and playing to survive, which will be interpreted as scummy, etc. etc.

However a town wouldn't care about what he's being seen as as long as his vote is in the right place.

I can point to games where I've bullied players in a similar fashion as town if you really want.
Then you asked him a loaded question! If he followed you he was playing to survive and look good! If he didn't, he was scared that it would look omgus, and was playing to survive!

Major FoS:ABR
I would say that ABR is possibly setting up a newbish town, or throwing a newb buddy under the bus, and hard.

Page 9

Suddenly I'm conflicted. ABR provides a decent case against BM... = ( If BM comes up scum, I would say it's better evidence against Peers, and that it's more likely ABR is town.

A few comments. Some desperation from Peers. Som more uselessness from Panzer. A lack of Yos2 posts. Some reasonableness from Ergo. Nothing to noteworthy though.

Page 10
MoS wrote:Unvote, Vote: Toaster Strudel

Metagame policy to lynch TS in every game until I see some useful posts instead of random ranting that doesn't even contain logic.
Mosnotreadingmustfos

FoS:MoS

Mos is teh funneh. I'd say he's probably being sarcastic, and TS is getting less reasonable as she gets more excited. = (

BM votes ABR AGAIN.

Page 11

BM actually had a good trap, as the townie PM IS in the first post... now ABR is grasping straws.
MoS wrote:TS is a crackpot idiot who gets way too carried away divulging herself in ridiculous theories that are so strung out they fall apart like a house of cards if a breeze comes through. I'm more than willing to policy lynch a person like that in any game, unless I have a better suspect. And since it's only page 11 on Day 1 of a large game, that's a damn good place for my vote.
IH would like to translate
"LAWL I DUN WANNA READ, SO IMA VOTE TS! YAY FOR NOT READING!"

Seriously.

Page 12
Yos2 wrote:Lurking really hurts the town, and I think that just relying on the mod to control the problem is not in the best interestes of the town. Anyway, I understand that some reasonable people disagree with me on the validity of lurker voting, and that's ok, but I don't like that you're apparently using that as one of your reason to join the large peers wagon.
......Yos2 has been lurking.... <.< All of his posts have been protown, the few he had, except for these on page 12.... meh I still think he's town atm.

hasdrepgiubdec isn't understanding posts.
MoS wrote:Why is everyone assuming I'm a Jester? It's kinda weird that it already popped up this early in the game, just because I made a policy vote on Day 1. What's the big deal? DGB/TS is a liability to the town, so eliminating her helps us. I don't really see how this at all indicates that I am some sort of diabolical Jester trying to get lynched. And yes I know that this ridiculous matter was started by ABR and should therefore be completely disregarded. However, it wasn't disregarded, so I'm concerned as to why the idea was given credence.
Well... if you're not being protown then logic follows you are... ANTITOWN. Gah, at least read and don't policy vote. I don't think you're town if you refuse to only policy vote, and act like you're not doing anything wrong. When I lurk I admit it atleast = |

page 13

So far MoS is still being stupid. Elmo (IE ME) made me laugh with the clue-by-four line.
Panzer wrote:It feels like distancing. MoS and TS are both experianced players, know what is and isn't out of character of eacher and each have more then enough games under their belt to be metagamed. I have a feeling MoS is looking bad for TS to look good. This theory is far-fetched but it's all I got on the situation.

Still voting peers.
Zomg, this feels sincere. Suddenly TS's and MoS's doesn't. Yet I don't like Panzer's other posts.

Conclusion? The size of this game... if all three are scum, I'd say they weren't the same scum group. This is mainly theoretical, as is the TS/MoS distancing thing.

I am aware my vote is still on Panzer.

XD TS called MoS Quagmire's mentor. Everyone knows Quag DESPISES MoS. Now she's entering her straw grasping phase....

I think Quag is town atm. His post 316 is insightful and sincere imo.

Page 14

Albert agrees with the person he wants to lynch I believe.
MoS wrote:Why the hell woudl you give up on metagaming? It's the most reliable way to find scum. To dismiss meta-evidence is a horrible strategic plan.
Do you have a link to any other game where you have voiced this opinion?
Panzer wrote:This is effectively clouding the judgement of townies. Because MoS could be town and TS is most likely town and they are simply arguing with each other forcing the town to go on a witch hunt.
How did you come to this conclusion?

I will explain why, so far, stupidity has abounded on page 14.

MoS IGNORES the entire thread, for a random policy lynch vote, not even checking if TS has been doing the same things.
TS then over reacts to this ONE POLICY LYNCH VOTE
Quag stays pretty rational.
Panzer wrote:Quagmire, depending on the other pieces in the puzzle, could be scum. If peers is scum, It could mean MoS is scum and TS is town. This could very well mean quag is either playing poorly or is giving MoS the benefikt of the doubt due to tenure.

Right now, that's what I see of quag, He is voting TS due to him knowing MoS for a long while. That doesn't stop im from being advantageuous scum voting for whoever in the arguement of two towns.

The biggest thing to me is peers lynch. I would like an alignment to go off of before we continue discussing MoS TS and Quag.
.....This is not even a rational thought. You just seem to be jumbling names, words, and could. I dislike it.
TS wrote:Peers is stalled at lynch-2 with MoS and Quag coming in with an off-wagon, distraction vote. To metagame MoS here, his vote looks independent of any in-game considerations. Quag's vote, however, has no bone to pick with me (I am sure of that, I have rarely played with him), so it's much more suspicious, maybe hiding behind a veil of support for a friend.
So why are you letting the guy off the hook who you just admitted is
ignoring the game
?

Page 15

MoS gets rational. The problem is he has distracted from EVERYTHING by making his own evidence. I don't like it one bit.
Major FoS:MoS

TS wrote:Today too, Sikario8 continues to post in other games and ignore this one. I hope there is a good explanation.
As a frequent lurker lately, I will confirm that avoiding games is usually more on how mch work it takes to post. Not explicitly avoiding a thread. To be honest, I would make MORE of a point to post as scum (though not much more) since I'd be more concerned about suspicions. I am extremely tired of seeing this.

[/annoyed]
Schism wrote:I would go as far to say that MoS is throwing around smoke and flames... And so are others. Earlier, mos was getting attacked for posting oddly and now everyones right aboard with him. jeez.
I would agree with this sentiment.

Why did Sika do a dice roll at the end of page 15?

Page 16
MoS wrote:We need more pressure on Jordan.
I need you to make less distractions on significant wagons.

I'm tired of Peers being stuck to the bottom of Jordan's behind.

Page 17
MoS wrote:How the hell wasn't I an easy wagon with the anti-MoS sentiment that had already been growing before you voted me. Just because people hadn't placed a vote yet doesn't change the fact that the feeling was there. Everyone was speculating about me being a Jester or scum, and you took advantage of that to try and start a wagon on me.
..... I may feel the need to switch my vote to MoS if I see more posts like this = |

(Hair pull) Why is everyone being so STUPID on this page!?! MoS is being irrational, accusing others of mistakes he is making, using weak arguments, and distracting from everything. It looks like he's doing what I did a few games ago in open 20, and that is intentionally using scum tactics.
unvote, vote:MoS
He's either a Jester, or scum. I can honestly say I've never seen MoS play like this. He's not even angry!

Page 18

Quoted replies are only funny for so long.

Why is quag policy lynching.

Why is Quag suddenly stupid. = |

Quag why are you being stupid? You were being so rational = (
MoS wrote:You just proved my point. You quoted me the entirety of your case against me, and the only reason you are trying to get me lynched is because I made a freakin' policy vote on Day 1, even thought I made no effort to convince anyone to join me, and abandoned it when there was something useful for me to direct my attention to. That's a completely bullshit case that has no substance to it whatsoever, and it IS nothing but smoke and flames.
Day 1. Page 10. Saying that there was nothing to go off of. Essentially a random vote without your dice tags.

MoS is trying to bully someone by skewing facts.

Page 19

Are Jesters "normal" roles?

ABR is being stupid. WHY IS EVERYONE IN THIS GAME BEING STUPID!? I actually think ABR is being gambitting town. He needs to stop and play right.

Peers is ignoring an MoS metagame.

Halfway done I am posting this. I will finish, this later.

Just to make sure
unvote, vote:MoS, Major FoS:Panzer
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:55 am

Post by IH »

I have made it to page 19. Until Quag started policy lynching he was logical and townish. Then he started being like MoS and stupid.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 am

Haha IH, just saw your pictures and I wear my cap indoors like you! Have one right now!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 am

Post by IH »

^5 Now read my post
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 am

Then you asked him a loaded question! If he followed you he was playing to survive and look good! If he didn't, he was scared that it would look omgus, and was playing to survive!
content ? wtf ?? my head hurts.

If he followed me it meant he wasn't afraid of what others thought, which would be pro-town in my perspective.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:01 am

Post by IH »

No, if he followed you, by your own admission, he would be doing the thing that made him look protown. You could have spun it as him being scum either way with that question. A true "Loaded Question"
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:05 am

"Page 14

Albert agrees with the person he wants to lynch I believe. "

Peers wrote:
Quagmire wrote:uh...that's my case. only this game. i don't know her in any other games.
So your case is that she appears to be trying to not get angry, but got angry when someone insulted her.

... Case dismissed for insufficient evidence.
I agreed with this post. Nothing wrong with that.
IH wrote:No, if he followed you, by your own admission, he would be doing the thing that made him look protown. You could have spun it as him being scum either way with that question. A true "Loaded Question"
He doesn't know what makes him look pro-town. For him its all WIFOM. I know that playing too safe is scummy. Playing boldly is pro-town, because you are more likely to make more mistakes, contradict yourself and show your true colors. That's why going after several players instead of latching onto one is more pro-town in my own view. That's why bandwagoning is good too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”