A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5750 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:33 am

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

temp vc :

Salt Squad - 10 (davesaz, Cephrir, Klingoncelt, Almost50, Luna Fox, Expedience, copper223, Toogeloo, Mathblade, A Song of Ice and Fire)
Klingoncelt - 4 (Salt Squad, Wayward Thinker, DrippingGoofball, Tim)
Lady Lambdadelta - 2 (Wake88, RAM)
Almost50 - 1 (Lady Lambdadelta)
Wake88 - 1 (No Retreat)
Cephrir - 1 (Nosferatu)
RAM - 1 (Stormblade)

Not Voting - 4 (Heartless, TheWayItEnds, RachMarie, rb)

did it on my bed. not sure if its correct - didn't double check like I usually do when I make a VC
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5751 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:37 am

SS is at L3

if I counted right
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5752 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

It's not gonna be a framer. Framer is a bad role and I doubt mastin would use one.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5753 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:46 am

If the result is really tempered with I'm more suspicious of something like bussdriver

~Ice
Stormblade
Stormblade
Goon
Stormblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5754 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Stormblade »

In post 5753, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:If the result is really tempered with I'm more suspicious of something like bussdriver

~Ice
My own report on SS being accurate makes a bus driver extremely unlikely.
-Nahdia
ABR // Nahdia // Errantparabola
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5755 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5753, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:If the result is really tempered with I'm more suspicious of something like bussdriver

~Ice
Busdriver is just as implausible as framer(more, even) since they would need to anticipate Lunas target...and since Stormblade received accurate results from their check, seems really unlikely. Though I guess my logic with regards to the decreased value of the role if just double checking the nation/location check could confirm whether or not someone was redirected also applies to bus drivers, so idk.

-Cerb
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5756 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

What if we stopped stating the obvious and just lynched salt already.

Wouldn't that be InSaNe
Bartleby the Scrivener
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5757 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 am

Post by RAM »

Not voting until I get an official VC/let him make his claim/let him redo his reads list based on the wagon, since he said something about wanting to see a VC before continuing to scum hunt. Little harm in actually hearing what he has to say at this point, and either way his posts could be useful.

-Cerb
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5758 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 am

Ram I don't understand you

your saying the result is not tempered with but you think SS is town ?

~Ice
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5759 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 am

~Ice
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5760 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 am

~Ice
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5761 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 am

Post by RAM »

Not voting until I get an official VC/let him make his claim/let him redo his reads list based on the wagon, since he said something about wanting to see a VC before continuing to scum hunt. Little harm in actually hearing what he has to say at this point, and either way his posts could be useful.

-Cerb
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5762 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:54 am

Wtf ?!
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5763 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:58 am

Post by RAM »

Wow. board went all crazy apparently lol.

ASOIAF: No, before mathblade pointed out that scum could have redirected Luna to herself, I was CERTAIN the result had been tampered with. Once he pointed that out, I realized it actually made WAY more sense for scum to just utilize a redirect as a roleblock in the situation they were in, so it is no longer reasonably likely that a redirection was performed.

however, I would still like to hear SS' claim and see if the wagon composition has done anything to their reads list.

-Cerb
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5764 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:01 am

how can you be certain that the scum faction with access to that hood has a redirection ability in the first place?
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5765 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:06 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5764, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:how can you be certain that the scum faction with access to that hood has a redirection ability in the first place?
I'm not, but given that SS' reaction to the result on him didn't(and still doesn't) make sense for scum, the only reasonable assumption was that Luna had been redirected.

Like, say Luna were to receive a guilty on you. You know you're town. Therefore the result was interfered with. Most likely avenue of interference, given that she stated she didn't claim who her target was in the hood, and the hood knew she was a faction cop? A redirector.

That's basically the line of reasoning I used to conclude Luna had been redirected. It doesn't make sense though for a redirector to risk allowing a guilty on themselves/one of their teammates, when they can simply shut down the faction cop.

-Cerb
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5766 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:08 am

In post 5765, RAM wrote:I'm not, but given that
SS' reaction to the result on him didn't(and still doesn't) make sense for scum
, the only reasonable assumption was that Luna had been redirected.
you said this multiple times. explain.

~Ice
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5767 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:13 am

Post by RAM »

I also explained it several times, though it isn't like it matters anymore.
In post 4401, RAM wrote:Alright! So, first, I have a very serious question:

HOW ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING OBTUSE?????(Except for like, mathblade, and Nahdia...nobody else sees to fucking get it)

You have FOUR role PM's to look at, PLUS YOUR OWN, and the mods word saying that town factions eliminate all threats to them, and scum factions are trying to control the vote, and you SOMEHOW DON'T FUCKING KNOW WHAT A TOWN WIN CON WOULD LOOK LIKE?

Yes, members/a specific member of <town faction A> may be a threat to <town faction b> and so on, BUT THEY'RE NOT SCUM.

The part of everyone's PM that is aligned is the removal of those scum aligned slots, the ones trying to control the vote. The priority is removing fucking scum, not removing people who are obviously fucking town aligned based on their win condition claims, but might need to be removed for YOUR specific faction to win.

With that said.

We have two notable investigate results? One from <unknown member of luna's neighborhood> on SS, saying he is one faction, which he says he is not, and one from SS, on LLD, saying she is a wulden(and we know wulden is a generally anti-town race if we accept that the Luna/Stormblade/Copper 'hood is town, because they have been warned that there may be wuldens in there...clear implication is that wuldens are anti-town), but she says she's an individual wulden who wins with the town.

The entirety of the SS situation doesn't make sense. All Luna mentioned was SS' faction, which in and of itself doesn't mean anything because we don't know what the scum factions name(s) is(are). It literally makes no sense for scum!SS to claim the results on him must have been false, when the faction name alone isn't ACTUALLY a guilty. I'm inclined to believe he is actually this individual vampire faction simply because I'm going to attribute a base level of competence to their slot, and assume they wouldn't put themselves in a position where they're "caught" by a faction cop AFTER they've already heard the result, and the result wasn't an outright guilty.

Now, with that said, that brings up somethings that needs resolution: Luna, you asked SS how they would feel if you said your faction cop was "strong willed"...and then later on you said either he's lying or you had an unlucky redirect. The implication of strong willed is that the slot in question was empowered or otherwise guaranteed to have their actions resolve on their target. If that was the case, then there was no possibility of an unlucky redirect.

Which is it? Was there possibly a redirect, or is it CERTAIN beyond any doubt that this individual received SS' faction information?

For LLD: I don't think being wulden makes her automatically scum, BUT I do think the wuldens are generally scum aligned, based on the information given to us by Stormblade and their relation to their PT. This means that if she is scum, it makes perfect sense for her to claim "individual wulden" for her faction. Basically, her result is semi-null to me. Not impossible that she's an individual, but if she's scum, what she's done is exactly what she HAD to do as scum.

-Cerb

pedit: Ninja'd by Bins.
In post 4778, RAM wrote:
In post 4778, Cephrir wrote:there's no reason to believe lld is scum unless you believe every race cop is essentially a faction cop

meanwhile we have an ACTUAL faction cop result
I've been over this Ceph.

SS's reaction just doesn't make sense. Just envision how this all plays out with SS!scum just rolling with the isolationist result. He goes yeah, I'm isolationist, so what? She says what's that factions win con? He says remove all threats. She says oh. okay.

That's it. I mean, maybe she keeps asking him more questions, but...that's CERTAINLY less suspicious than saying no. Your result must be wrong.

No way(well, okay, super friggin unlikely) that SS!scum goes with "naw man, your faction cop was totally redirected".

-Cerb
In post 5500, RAM wrote:Ya but why would he ever hang his defense on "spinning the redirect possibility? Seriously, someone make me understand why they feel that's a reasonable response from scum given that nobody has a firm grasp on what factions and win conditions are town?

Like, that's the biggest problem I have with it. It's a super bad play for surviving today.

-Cerb

Pedit: it doesn't tell you that a redirect or block would always affect all actions. That is ABSOLUTELY just an assumption.
In post 5505, RAM wrote:No, my point is NOBODY KNOWS WHAT ISOLATIONIST MEANS.

Like, if he's scum, and he KNOWS the town can't even figure out whether or not their own slots are town, why wouldn't he just say yes, I'm this faction, and it's a town faction??

He gets lynched if one of his teammates flips later, but if the alternative is getting lynched today 90% of the time why would he ever choose that?

-Cerb

Pedit:this isn't a normal game. I absolutely agree with the theory, but when there are a fuck ton of factions it doesn't make sense.
-Cerb
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5768 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

they just gave a reads list like 2 pages ago.

this has gone on long enough already.
Bartleby the Scrivener
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5769 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:19 am

w8 luna claimed before ss claim their faction?!

this is really hard to investigate. can someone confirm this or deny it?

SS saying "now man , you got redirected" can be from his town or scum. I can see it more from his scum tbh.

and yeah I think the way they claimed "individual vampire" and tried to prove its town is something to consider of. it can be from a SS who is cought in somthing and needs to stay consistant about the faction they claimed till the end though so its NAI.

~Ice
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5770 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:21 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5769, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:w8 luna claimed before ss claim their faction?!

this is really hard to investigate. can someone confirm this or deny it?

SS saying "now man , you got redirected" can be from his town or scum. I can see it more from his scum tbh.

and yeah I think the way they claimed "individual vampire" and tried to prove its town is something to consider of. it can be from a SS who is cought in somthing and needs to stay consistant about the faction they claimed till the end though so its NAI.

~Ice
Yes, FA, Luna claimed the result she got before SS claimed his faction. This is what I spent forever trying to express earlier.

However, it doesn't matter.

It's just as unlikely that a scum redirector would use their power to frame, as that SS would hang their defense on the whole redirection thing when they didn't have to, making it all null, so we end up with a result on him that doesn't match the faction he's claimed.

-Cerb
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5771 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Luna Fox »

RAM can you acknowledge at least that you read my explanation as to why redirector that redirects all actions is possible?
Because im not sure if you missed it.
Probably not relevant now, but might be relevant later.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
RAM
RAM
Goon
RAM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5772 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:29 am

Post by RAM »

In post 5771, Luna Fox wrote:RAM can you acknowledge at least that you read my explanation as to why redirector that redirects all actions is possible?
Because im not sure if you missed it.
Probably not relevant now, but might be relevant later.
I never saw an explanation of why it's possible(unless you're talking about where you quoted the bit of the mechanics post stating that the checks may be blocked/fail), but an explanation of that was never necessary. It's ABSOLUTELY possible, but it is shortsighted to assume that's how one would function.

-Cerb
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5773 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Luna Fox »

I meant this:
In post 5748, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 5746, RAM wrote:If every slot has a secondary check which is also messed with, it functionally gives anyone who is redirected a very easy way to discover that they were redirected
Not necessarily tho?
In my case it's because everyone mass claimed N/L in the hood, but for anyone else, or even people not in a hood, they wont be able to tell the difference between a redirected secondary check and a correct one.
Yeah it's irrelevant as of right now.
But it might be relevant in the future when someone else claims an scan result.
I just dont want it to be lost in case i get NK'd or something.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5774 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:37 am

Post by copper223 »

How about from SS's perspective given their information set individual vampire doctor looks townie as fuck, they know isolationist is scum aligned so when Luna outs their faction they knee-jerk jump at the closest plausible town faction they see and then latch onto the idea of a redirect since Luna herself is paranoid about it?

Or how about vampire is actually pro town and that's the safe claim Mastin gave them?

Either way I am pretty sure they are lying about being vampires after saying they want all of our PT dead.

What an impossible chain of events eh Cerb.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”