Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4675 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Spoiler: mastina
In post 4671, mastina wrote:
In post 4603, Cheetory6 wrote:Ceph, there's also that mastin "forgetting" to cancel her nuke is pretty god awful too.
I didn't forget anything.

Here's how Friday night went.
At around ten, I was dead tired. Dead fucking tired. I needed a nap. I normally like to do things just after midnight, because that allows me to do things like get the new badge of the day on Kongregate, and not have to deal with a change in date timestamps when browsing forums which will write things in the format of "posted yesterday/2 days ago". So I took a nap.
I forget exactly when I woke up, but it was somewhere between 1 and 2:30.

At that stage, do you know how much work I had to do on my comic?
I had just finished the flats. FLATS.
I hadn't even done the detail work: usually at least half an hour to an hour. There's two layers, so it's definitely at least an hour when factoring in both detail layers.
I hadn't done the second coloring layer which adds life to the work. Since this was my first time coloring a character (the random villain guy), it would take me extra-long. That took me about half an hour in of itself to figure out, yet alone, draw. And throughout this process, I was noticing that the written numbers I have for those colors...weren't very visible, so I was trying to write new numbers that would make things pop more for future pages.
When factoring in the drawing time, that's at least an hour's worth of work.
The third layer doesn't take me much time, since the only thing I bother to make a third layer for is Ruby's hair (in part because I simply don't have the time for a third layer everywhere, in part because there isn't much of a need for a third layer anywhere else), but there was also making the faded sketch layer. That, for this page, involved erasing the extra, as to remove the excess white which looks godawful in the finished stages. Playing around with the transparencies in particular took a while.
Then there was after that the highlights and lowlights. These are relatively simple, just black and white at whatever opacity feels right. (I guess every single page.) In spite of this being largely improvisation, it still takes time to paint what "feels" right for the page. At least half an hour there.

Then, after that, I had ENDLESS woes working on the fucking magic. Two layers worth. The final page resembles my original cover in colors, rather than the awesome third page, and I haven't a clue why, since I never recorded the original cover's colors, and I DID record the colors for the third page, so it makes absolutely no sense that the colors which were recorded for the third page ended up identical to the colors I actually did for the cover page, and I was trying to fix this, to tamper with this, to mess around with it, to no avail.

The magic is sloppy. It doesn't have the same life to it as the previous pages. There's no luminosity to it, no light reflecting off of body parts as there was on the previous page. And while I managed to more or less capture the majority of the feeling behind the magic, it wasn't even remotely as good as it should have been.

And then you get to see the villain's subtle magic. That took time to figure out, and even there I didn't do it properly.

Between these factors, it should be no surprise that I spent TWO FUCKING HOURS (no seriously I was keeping track of time and it took me that damn long) to finish it.

...Then, there was the conversion process. On my slow-ass computer. It takes two to three minutes for a file to save. Between saving the original, creating a full-sized copy, creating the release size, and saving the release size, that's four to five saves, which adds up.

...After ALL OF THAT, I spent time on the main site I hang around on, doing the bare minimum rounds: browsing the forums and quickly responding to the minimum content. This started at some time around 7:30, and because I hadn't logged in for a couple of days thanks to being fucking busy, it took me around an hour to finish.

And, oh yeah.
Did I mention my woes weren't over?
The full-sized version of the page, as a PNG, is 7MB.
The site I upload the full-sized images to has a file size limit of 6MB.
So the next page has a full-sized version which was, in MS Paint, converted to a fucking JPEG because that was the only way I could get it online. I meant to trouble-shoot this, but I was tired and I never got around to it.

So while the image is live on one place, on ALL other places, every single other place I host it including my fucking blog, the image is TWO DAYS LATE--and counting, because right now I'm playing this fucking game rather than uploading it--releasing. This, AFTER I was already on a fucking hiatus for weeks so I'm losing what little readership I had gained in the vast majority of places.

And the reason that I didn't put it up on those mirrors?
Because it was fucking 8:30 in the morning, I was absolutely utterly exhausted and I didn't have time for that shit, I was going straight to fucking bed especially since I knew I had to drive myself to--and then BACK from--a boring-ass staff meeting which never produces anything interesting but which I am obligated to attend.

And I set my timer. See, when I set my timer, I have this rule of mine. Not unique to timers, mind you. I'll do the same for microwaves. That rule is that I'll never enter numbers which are not near each other. So, for instance, in a microwave, I can put 212, 252, or 232, because 1, 3, and 5 are the numbers next to 2. On a timer, I am a bit more flexible in some ways, but strict in others: near-universally, I will never enter a time which causes me to cross into another column. So I use times like 3:33:33, 6:39:99, 7:17:77, 7:47:77, and 8:28:88. Those times, and those times only. Why, I don't know, I'm a freak. I usually aim for a number which allows me to get to sleep within half an hour, and then have a total sleep time which is in the pattern of 1.5 hours: 3 hours + half an hour, 4.5 hours + half an hour, 6 hours + half an hour, or 7 hours + half an hour. (Rarely, 9 hours plus half an hour.)

I don't remember which time I entered. It was either the 6:39 or 7:17 one, though, because I woke up at 3:30.
Now, I was under the impression the YMCA closed AT 3:30, and that the staff meeting started at 4. It's a half-hour drive from my house to Monroe. (Well, more like 20 minutes.) So what did I do? I left straight for the fucking staff meeting. Now, the staff meeting was scheduled to go until 7:30. Fortunately for me, it ended at 6:45, so I got home a bit early. And I came in at 7:15 or thereabouts. Now, I hadn't written my daily blog for the day. My brother was coming over for anime night (we watched seven episodes of the second season of Ajin), and he was scheduled to come at the time I was supposed to be home: 8ish. So that left me a 45-minute window to do my daily blog. I whipped it up as quickly as I could, and lo and behold, the first thing I did after that?

Log onto here, post for as much time as I could (even after he had arrived for a while--I delayed my Tuna Helper supper until it was stale thanks to getting caught up here), and then log out when I ran out of time.

That was my Friday, and Saturday, with them having blended together.

Now I never lie about real-life.
Never

And if you think I made any of the above up, you're a fucking scumbag especially since most of this is easily proven and known to be true for my life in general really and it would be utterly unethical for me to lie, anyway.

I didn't cancel the nuke because I didn't have the chance to cancel the nuke.
I was too busy working my ass off.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4676 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4604, Cheetory6 wrote:[And I also kind of think her being scum would be a little too easy in terms of gamestate but that might be stupid]
Actually me being scum would be anything but easy.

Most of the people who want me dead want me dead on policy. They don't actually scumread me, they just want me gone to have me out of the game.

As a result, I'm very widely townread. As scum, that puts me in an awfully convenient position: if most people think I am town when I'm not, then by definition I am doing a good job at being where I need to be. It becomes harder to lynch me because lynching me is a policy-lynch and in the current site meta good luck with that. People have said not to waste nukes on me, and lo and behold they've done exactly that, not nuked me. I haven't given any strong signs that I am scum, either. No leaked messages point to me. No nightkill pattern undeniably has my fingerprint on it. (Granted, only one scum NK and it's failed, so.) No prior scum's actions are associated with my style.

The only thing that could catch a scumastina right now is godawful interactions, which...is exactly what I have. Yet that's not easy. That's an incredibly hard struggle, a fight that is a tough sell, something that would be difficult to go through. So sure, I can be scum, but it wouldn't be easy. And while I'm not scum, by an extent of this, the reason I'm not scum isn't "her being scum would be too easy". It's just because I'm not, well...yknow. Scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4677 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4646, Nahdia wrote:i may be a ditz but i know my mechs dammit
(Which is what my scumastina psychological profile said of Nahdia, just for the record.)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4678 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Not even talking about you in that post.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4679 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4655, Cheetory6 wrote:Yeah do you really get to judge people or pretend to judge people after SS, Spiff and Nukebringer have all flipped scum?
Yes because me being a horrible human being does nothing to stop me from being a horrible human being towards others who I feel could be horrible human beings. :cool:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4680 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4666, Cephrir wrote:I've apparently gone from a #1 townread to scum because handwaving. Cool
More like, your content vs. my expectations, me paying attention to little oddities (for instance, I called you out on your attitude towards me and ignored it; I called Firebringer out for agreeing/defending with me and ignored it; Firebringer flipped scum so now I am revisiting my stance on having ignored something like that), knowing my reads thusfar have been utter shit, reevaluating my list, redeploying PoE off of new developments, and taking into consideration the feedback of others whose opinions I value.

When I get fully caught up, I'll make another list to show where things currently stand.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4681 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yes, I am largely ignoring you at this point. I often don't read your posts anymore. If I were scum, I'd probably at least scan them for my name and then feel good about myself if you called me town.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4682 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4675, Untrod Tripod wrote:mastina
No, because it was directed specifically to Cheetory who was calling my fucking real life into question and saying I was a fucking liar, and it was an open DARE to him to call me a liar again on the subject.

I do not lie about real-life.
Never have, never will.
If circumstances tend to be convenient/inconvenient for an alignment, then they are convenient/inconvenient for that alignment, but they happen to be nothing more than fortunate or unfortunate coincidences.
Because I don't. fucking. lie. about. my. damn. real. life.

I am like one of THE most open people on the internet. Facets of my real life are SO well-known that literally anyone who knows anything about me knows basically all of them because I do not hide basically anything. Even if I wasn't! Lying about real life is THE most unethical, dirty scumbag thing that you can EVER do in a game and if I learn someone has done so then that person is not someone I'd ever want to play with again, but guess what? Nobody has yet to be on that list. Because nobody. fucking. lies. about. their. real. life. Shit happens. And when that shit happens, it is basic fucking common courtesy to accept that maybe, just maybe, that shit actually happened.

Which is why doubting real-life is absolutely deplorable. Not quite to the same extent as actually lying about real-life would be, but it's up there. The game of mafia has always relied to some extent on the honor system. Town can cheat. Scum can cheat. Now on this forum, we're at least decent at being able to pick up on cheating, but we can never fully expunge the possibility to cheat and get away with it. Yet nobody does. Because we have the fucking honor system. And real-life falls under that.

There is nothing stopping a player from lying about their real life to gain an advantage in-game.
But nobody does because that is not something we ever want to lie about. It'd be a breach of the honor system. Mafia is a game of deception, sure. But some deceptions cross the lie. And real-life lying is among them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4683 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by mastina »

Untrod Tripod
Cheetory6
Vaxkiller
hiplop
GreyICE
xRECKONERx
SpyreX
Nahdia
GuyInFreezer
Lady Lambdadelta
McMenno
Accountant
MagnaofIllusion
Cephrir

Something akin to this. It's not an exact science, especially the SpyreX-LLD zone.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4684 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

You're absurd.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4685 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4684, Cephrir wrote:You're absurd.
Yeah tell me something I don't know. We established this...HOW long ago?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4686 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

let's play make your own mastin scumlist

here's mine

now ask me a question about it

go ahead
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4687 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Nahdia »

mastina my friend, I know you're an intelligent lass. Surely you can appreciate the idea of ceph, magna, and grey being off limits today, no?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4688 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4686, Cephrir wrote:now ask me a question about it
You say this, and yet, nobody actually
has
asked me.

Did the thought cross your mind that if I were asked, given I am trying to come out of the troll part of the game, that maybe just maybe...I would.
Yknow.

Actually answer?

Most of the names on my list are self-explanatory. From Reck above, there's basically a guarantee of no groupscum. (Now granted, within that group any name could be the serial killer, butstill.) From SpyreX and below, there's no such guarantee, simply some basic feelings which result...in these approximate rankings.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4689 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well, Cephra, why are you townreading Accountant so hard?

Well, I've played with Accountant. Accountant behaves certain ways when he's scum, and he's just
not
doing that.
At all.
Based on my psychological profile of Accountant, there is no chance.

Absolutely zero chance.

That he would make posts like this as scum.
Could he be the terrorist?
Sure.
But there is no way he's group scum.

Just look at his posts. I can't ever see those posts coming from a scum mindset. They're just so. Transparently. Town.

OK, nope, I can't do it. I don't even have the energy to be a parody of you.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4690 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 4687, Nahdia wrote:mastina my friend, I know you're an intelligent lass. Surely you can appreciate the idea of ceph, magna, and grey being off limits today, no?
why those three?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4691 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4688, mastina wrote:Did the thought cross your mind that if I were asked, given I am trying to come out of the troll part of the game, that maybe just maybe...I would.
Yknow.

Actually answer?
Have I asked you to explain a read since Xenogears? I probably haven't.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4692 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 4690, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 4687, Nahdia wrote:mastina my friend, I know you're an intelligent lass. Surely you can appreciate the idea of ceph, magna, and grey being off limits today, no?
why those three?
They're the only people who haven't claimed.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4693 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 4691, Cephrir wrote:
In post 4688, mastina wrote:Did the thought cross your mind that if I were asked, given I am trying to come out of the troll part of the game, that maybe just maybe...I would.
Yknow.

Actually answer?
Have I asked you to explain a read since Xenogears? I probably haven't.
(Yes, I'm aware this probably isn't true; it may have taken me longer to learn this lesson than it should have.)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4694 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Nahdia »

And, you know, that means one of them has a role scum is hunting for. *cough*

-Zaphkael, 2020
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4695 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Ircher »

mastina, pls post less. Like seriously..... Read the first 200 posts of her ISO since my last post....
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4696 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 4692, Nahdia wrote:
why those three?
JESUS christ, it's been that many?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4697 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by mastina »

GreyICE already is.

And I have stated explicitly that I do not think my vote will go through to a lynch.
That doesn't stop me from voting someone who I think could be scum anyway.

It's more a statement than a push.
I am stating deliberately I am not going to join the McMenno wagon. For better or for worse, I have made my call there. I have made many bad calls this game, among them a near-identical call on the Something_smart lynch. All the same I feel like making the call and when I feel like making a call like this, I never ignore it. I won't wagon McMenno.

And yet McMenno is the only viable lynch.
So if McMenno is the only viable lynch, and yet I won't vote there, my vote is utterly useless and pointless. I do not believe in Not Voting, outside of lylo at least. So I have to place my vote somewhere. I'd place it on Accountant, but Accountant's going to be vaporized. Who then, would I vote? Not McMenno, not Accountant. Half the game is in my townreads. I'm not gonna vote you. I have a feeling SpyreX off of his tone isn't scum. I also refuse to vote for GiF, the cop,
especially
given the doubt in my scumread on him.

Really all that's left after that is LLD, MoI, and Cephrir. So my vote's going to be on one of those three. And LLD I currently don't hold as scum.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4698 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

but yeah that's the right plan, I don't know that any of them are in any serious danger of dying today, but yeah
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4699 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 4692, Nahdia wrote:
why those three?
JESUS christ, it's been that many?
Yup. I have a table. Want to see my table?

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”