Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 am

Post by Orbiting »

Eh. I'm just trying to move the game along. If Narninian really doesn't know anything, then forget about it. I'm just wondering if he knows more than he wants to let on.

Anyway, you're right - I'm probably being too hasty.
unvote: Carmine
. Make it an FOS instead.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:35 am

Post by willows_weep »

As far as I'm aware last night I was enjoying the party like I'd expect any other innocent to be.
Hm...Carmine wasn't the whole cast at the party?
Except the doctor, and meatloaf right?
Technically the historian(is that what he's called?)( Would he be in here? Or is he the acting role?) was even there.
Well if so (majority of cast members being at the party) it's not just innocents that would be there, unless scum are invented cast members.
If she's innocent, we can get Narninian tomorrow...
Orbiting I don't think that would work either. Narninian did say not 100%, but also not all killing abilities have to belong to scum.
Though its possible that Narninian could give that reason to appear pro-town helpful. But so far no one gets any concrete information from what Narninian said.
Its almost as if it wasn't said because there is no way to check it. Only those involved (Carmine, Narninian and if either of those are with others) can truely have a helpful answer ( Depending on Narninians hunch and how Narn. would figure out whatever Narninian is attempting to.)
OK, so we don't know what any of the roles are. SO we are just guessing? I thought the mod ussually says what the roles are that poeple might have. If there is a cop it would be the crimeologist. Columbia would not be mafia she never really did anything evil in the movie. Frank, RIff Raff and Megenta were evil if nay of them were. Rocky was the creature and abused but that was it. Janet and Brad were just there. The Party goers were there for a convention. Eddie died early so i don't think he is part of it or is he, and what about the lips in the intro? So how do we know how many "mafia" there are?
I don't know if we're guessing or not. But I do think it is perhaps slightly not too useful to guess characters and give them likely roles. This I say because a theme game wouldn't/may not be bundles of fun if it was to be that easy. Not to mention the fact that the characters are ambiguous.
See I can easily say this (with the way I think ) Rocky has no allegiance(but not in a sk way in my opinion) because he was just created and . Janet and Brad were not transylvanian party goers, but the party goer that died last night was pro-town. That leaves room for questioning whether or not nativity matters.
Columbia, did do a lot in the movie. She went against riff raff and magenta when they were attempting to kill Frank. (And that neat dance stuff!! "walking down the street.."). Eddie? Well, I would be pretty ticked off if I died so early in that movie. Especially knowing how to play the sax and having a motorcycle of my own, and a possible friday night date!
Frank was nice to Brad and Janet, and was all about the free love( He did get wacky when he thought they were the evil ones, and no he did not treat "faithful handy man" right. He did nix Meatloaf...). Sort of like if you take the plot of Pleasantville and stuff it into Frank. The criminolgist?( which I think I named the historian sorry) I figure just wants the truth to be found (which is more or less what you said. But still)
Riff raff and Magenta, hmm the doctor thanked them for killing frank, because frank killed meatloaf. Brad and Janet were let go because they werent transylvanian. Frank was killed because of a failed mission, and I suppose for killing Meatloaf because Riff raff did not protest when the doctor said thankyou for that specific purpose. But then why would they care...wouldn't killing meatloaf be the right thing to do to protect their secrets? The party goers were there for the convention yes. The party goers that were not Riff raff, magenta, frank, (rocky didnt really go
to
the party, and brad and janet hadnt intended to go) have always been there and also attended the party.
I don't know how we know the number of Mafia. But this is a 12 player game. So not too many (2-4?) or more than one group ( 2 groups of 2), or something else. Those I have mentioned are the ones I have mostly encountered in play and in reading past games.

Well my point is that there are numbers of possibilities, because everyone of us could analyze the movie and come up with something different in some way.

Wow that took forever. See what being away for a bit does?
And I can't preview my posts right now. Though I try.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:20 pm

Post by nonny »

Ok i know all of that, and i get what you mean by the it could go anyway thing.

[OT] I must warn everyone I'm ill right now so sorry if I don't post anything for an amount of time. Even htough I might get on now and then to post[/OT]
*insert bad joke here*
Quiller
Quiller
Townie
Quiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:39 pm

Post by Quiller »

DP here.

Wrt the number of mafia, usually in games this size you have one group of 3, or 3 groups of 2, or one group of 2 and a serial killer.
Quiller
Quiller
Townie
Quiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by Quiller »

Make that
groups of 2 of course. :roll:
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:38 am

Post by willows_weep »

Where is the correction?
3 groups of 2
or one group of 2 and sk

Eee 6 mafia in a twelve player?
Ooo 2 mafia and sk makes 3 anti-town/special sk case
Hmm...well after I write that out it seems better. I was worried about underfunding anti town. But since it does add to 3..
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:18 am

Post by FrogGurl »

Okay, I'm back now, whew. And figured out how to actually post. Crazy crackers messing up the boards... (hackers just explore for the fun of it, crackers are the ones who do malicious damage and give a bad name to hackers).

*goes back and reads posts, will comment later on tonight*
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:52 pm

Post by willows_weep »

So are there any new thoughts any thing that can add to progression? I know day 1 doesn't usually teem with info this early, and I don't have anything else to contribute myself but does anyone ?

Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:56 pm

Post by Carmine »

I was hoping that Narinian would have more to say in particular. Things seem much quieter than you'd expect from the RHPS :)
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:27 am

Post by Orbiting »

Haven't been able to get on the boards for a couple of days for some reason - sorry about that. I think it's a little early to decide that there's a vigilante or a SK (an SK?), as we've had only the one kill in night one - unless they're holding off for some reason (one-shot vig, specific-role killer)... Mmm. A killer that targeted a specific character only would be fun - Frank might only be able to kill Eddie, or Riff-Raff only able to kill Frank, something like that.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by Narninian »

I really don't have any info that would help us find mafia, yet. Ill reveal all tommorow if it leads to something.
The extra in is for /in
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:24 pm

Post by nonny »

Um orbiting why would Riff Raff only be able to kill Frank when he killed columbia and rocky in the movie also?? And what eaxctly is an sk? SOrry I'm new at this ;D .
*insert bad joke here*
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:17 pm

Post by FrogGurl »

Okay, went through the board, here are my thoughts/observances in order of being posted.
From popsiclestix: "Vote: willows_weep he's acting particulary interested in this game... "
When to me it seemed like WW hadn't said much of anything by that point, other than being one of the first to post for the day. Nothing special.
I would have to agree with nonny: "Narninian Why did you put a second vote on Carmine? That seems a little hasty on for day one."
The vote had no explaination on it, and none was given in Narninian's next post either.
From WW about Tam: "Dunno...the way you say that makes me feel that you possibly have the space to be free with your vote... "
I'd have to agree with the point WW brought up there.

Other things....WW had been posting quite overabundantly. While it's nice ot have the game moving along, it is a little bit of a fos for me. Also Narnian throws out a name, and just says I know something, but not really, but I won't say anything more about it, but really I do know something.....just seems really odd to me.

And yeah my guesses are either a group of 3, a group of 3 and a sk, or two groups of two. Perhaps there's a cult running around as well...doesn't kill but converts. I could picture the uber-sexual fishnet cult. :) Oh, and sk = serial killer, a lone person who can kill, as opposed to a mafia group who kills as a unit.

And lastly looking over things, Carmine contradicts herself a bit: "I appreciate that you don't want to say more, but you seem to have some doubts over this evidence yourself, and the fact that it's completely wrong... well, a little more elaboration wouldn't go amiss as you've already revealed you've got some sort of information-gathering role. " Then later down that page "Well, it sounds to me like Narinian has some sort of information, but without any further details we can't work out what it really means."
The only "meanings" I can come up with are a) carmine is somehow connected to the killing group. b) narninian's info is of suspect sanity c) narnanian is pulling the info out of his arse as a way to defend himself against the initial second vote.

So for now that leaves me with:
FOS: Narnanian, WW, Tam, and Carmine, FOS Orbiting
for the vote switch from narnanian to carmine right after narnian had switched off his carmine vote

Vote: mikehart
for not posting at all since his page 1 random vote. I smell a lurker.

Come on people, and post! so we can figure things out.
Quiller
Quiller
Townie
Quiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:44 pm

Post by Quiller »

Death to all Lurkers.

vote Mikehart

DP
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:45 pm

Post by Narninian »

uhhh.... Major FOS FrogGurl - suspicions all over the place making it easy for her to jump on any innocent bandwagon that comes up.
The extra in is for /in
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:26 pm

Post by FrogGurl »

Why the name change, DP?

And Narninian, most everyone can seem suspicious at any time, given the nature of this game. Heh. Those are just the little things that flagged me looking over the whole game so far.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:04 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

Wooooow...

FrogGurl why do you want to put the pressure on so many people? It seems like you are doing this just to make someone else look like mafia and are doing it really badly (no offence).

And you just explained why I voted for Willows_Weep later on in your post

Vote: FrogGurl

And sorry for not postin, as some of you already know I am grounded from the computer and just snuck the keyboard into my room...
Women Respect a man who can wash himself.
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:36 am

Post by FrogGurl »

Heh, no offense taken. Just trying to make sense of everything that's happened, since I don't have much else to go on at the moment, trying to see if can smell scum at all. And probably didn't do a very good job, but the suspicions, albeit small, are still there. I still stick with the death to all lurkers vote.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:12 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

Qestion... Does the mafia know who the serial killer is and does the serial killer know who the mafia is? And can the mafia kill the serial killer and the serial killer kill the mafia?

I know, confusing...
Quiller
Quiller
Townie
Quiller
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:21 pm

Post by Quiller »

Normally they do not know one another, and yes, they normally can kill one another.

And I'm posting as Quiller, because I cannot access these forums as DP at the moment because of the current site problems.

DP
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:23 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Vote Count and such

1 Carmine(willows_weep)
1 Fishbulb(mikehart)
1 Orbiting(Carmine)
2 mikehart(FrogGurl, Dragon Phoenix)
1 FrogGurl(PopsicleStix)

Not voting: nonny, Tam, Orbiting, Fishbulb, Narninian

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

I've also heard reports that some people can't post at all? I'm assuming that has something to do with the scum hacker... you can report the problem in the 'help' section if you like, but jeep is already trying to fix up the site.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
FrogGurl
FrogGurl
Goon
FrogGurl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:35 am

Post by FrogGurl »

the site problems I've seen (and have ways to get around them): Reply button doesn't work: activate the quick reply option in your profile if you haven't, and use it. For previewing posts write your message as a PM, preview it there, then copy/paste the original message into the quick reply window. There, all formatted correctly.
Sometimes people have had to log in twice for it to recoginize them.

Other than that, not sure.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:41 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

Yes I am having some major problems...

I cannot use the post reply button so I am having to use the quick reply to post.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:47 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Popsiclestix:Hm, sometimes the killing roles can't kill the godfather(leader of Mafia) if there is one. There are a lot of variations on roles etc.

mafiascum.net
If you just go to that site without putting forum on it you can read up on it and such.
I offer the site because I know sk and such are explained there too...
(I know Quiller just explained the brunt of your questions already but there is ton of stuff there too)
From popsiclestix: "Vote: willows_weep he's acting particulary interested in this game... "
When to me it seemed like WW hadn't said much of anything by that point, other than being one of the first to post for the day. Nothing special.
Other things....WW had been posting quite overabundantly. While it's nice ot have the game moving along, it is a little bit of a fos for me.
I don't quite get this...is it because of time that I don't quite get this( when popsiclestix commented to the time you're commenting?) or are you actually fos'ing however slightly me for what you are observing/thinking from popsiclestic.

I mean...you state your observation, and to me it sounds like that would be a slight fos (the way its written sounds like that to me) and then you turn and say the same thing it seems you could slightly fos and then out of all the people you do fos however the extent popsiclestix is not included.

...so, can you help me figure out what is going on in that post I quoted from FrogGurl?

PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

Well frog gurls posts are very suspicious... She makes these statements that say something that would make someone want to lynch them, and then says something that passes it off as nothing...

That is a big reason why I voted for her...

I don't think you over-post anymore, it's just that at the begining of the game you were posting in this game like you were mafia... or really egar to get on with the day and get to night...

you don't do that anymore...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”