Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Open 59 - Daytalk 12! (Game Over) before 545

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:40 am

Post by Oman »

And so it began, that the murder of an NPC would set of an investigation in the town for the small group of murderers. The three killers were unknown, masters of disguise, but even the best make mistakes...or do they?

The population was so small, and the town so large, that all remaining 12 members could easily find time to discuss amongst themselves. It was when the lights went out, and all was silent, that the murderers came alive.

Can you find the killers, before they find you?

Still Chattin'

Guardian
Sir Tornado

Xtomx
Primate

JDodge
Mizzy
Disciple Slayer

Incognito
Adel
Phate

Silenced

Some lame NPC -
Pregamed

Xyzzy -
Townie
Lynched D1
scotmany12 -
Townie
Beaten to death N1
kabenon007 -
Townie
Lynched D2
NabakovNabakov -
Townie
Fed to a cow N2
No lynch was made on D3
Vollkan
cicero
-
Townie
Pwned N3

Note: The player list is in order of signup and all roles and/or alignments are randomly assigned thanks to Random.org.
Last edited by Oman on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 16 times in total.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Oman »

Rules
(Stolen, and modified, from Crub, who probably theifed them from meme in some way)
[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02] Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. Its not critical, but my wrath may fall.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post and pm in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] If I impose a day deadline (which I will be very likely to do if a day lasts over an unreasonable point of time or discussion lags), the player with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, first come, first served. In case of an endgame (six players or fewer) only simply majority lynches will occur.
[07] The game may be discussed outside the thread. Keep it to PMs, or even Private AIM/MSN/Phone calls (if you wish), I don't want this in scumchat or other threads around the site. Townies may not talk at night, only during the day phase.
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you. Also, if you have anything sneaky or dicey such as screenshots, cryptography etc, please PM me and check.
[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, its a No Choice. If you have a power and don't want to use it PM me "none" "no action" or similar to keep the game fast.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike Crub I am not fallible. Please point out any mistakes you make by PM, even if it seems its my fault. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, please PM me.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15] Red texts are my mod texts. Please don't use them. I know what I write, and if you try to pass yourself off as me, you shall feel pain.
[16] Play to win this game. Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games, this game is an island. Also, all players must read their role PMs and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

I also would ask you to consider Mith's Forum Guidelines. Anything that isn't in my rules won't be enforced without thought and discussion, but lets try to keep to the spirit of it.
Last edited by Oman on Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:42 am

Post by Oman »

Day One will start when all are confirmed by PM.

Here are the role PMs:
Mafia role Pm wrote:Xxxxx, you are a member of the dreaded Mafia with yyyyyy and zzzzzzz! Those townies think they're so good, with their town and all!
You despise them so much that your small gentleman's club has decided to kill them all. Each night one of you may send me the name of a player who will not wake up the next morning.
You may PM your mafia buddies during the night, and PM anyone during the day. You win when the mafia comprise >50% of the town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm stating your role and any buddies so that I know you've read this.

Townie role Pm wrote:Xxxx, you are an innocent townie! You hold no powers but your vote and your voice, but what a strong voice it is! You may PM any player you wish during the day, but not at night, and hell,
you can even post in the thread if you feel like it! You have but one vote, so make it count. You win when all those nasty Mafia are gone.

Please confirm stating your role and any buddies so that I know you've read this.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:28 pm

Post by Oman »

All but two have confirmed. Its been 24 hours and so I'm opening up the thread.

They will have another 24 hrs and then I'll start searching for replacments.

All players may now communicate privately.

The investigators set out, ducking in corners and lurking in shadows. The group will choose one of their number to cleanly...remove.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote: JDodge

This is something that came to light behind the scenes:

JDodge had, initially not read his role PM. He told the mod this, and then the mod forced his role upon JDodge. This led to JDodge being angry and threw a massive fit in scumchat yesterday with regards to Oman's behaviour.

Now, the only reason I can see for not reading role PM is to not know you are scum. That is the biggest advantage of playing without knowing your role. Upon knowing his role, JDodge became angry. This points to the fact that JDodge is scum, because had JDodge been told that he was town, he would not have any reason to become angry.
I'm back!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Primate »

Hi.

I don't mind being AIM'd, PM'd or MSN'd at pretty much any time. My contact details are in my profile.

And honestly I could see jdodge getting annoyed regardless of his alignment.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:22 am

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:

JDodge had, initially not read his role PM. He told the mod this, and then the mod forced his role upon JDodge. This led to JDodge being angry and threw a massive fit in scumchat yesterday with regards to Oman's behaviour.

Now, the only reason I can see for not reading role PM is to not know you are scum. That is the biggest advantage of playing without knowing your role. Upon knowing his role, JDodge became angry. This points to the fact that JDodge is scum, because had JDodge been told that he was town, he would not have any reason to become angry.
Yeah because having my right to play the game the way I wish to taken away is just going to make me a bucket of sunshine
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:34 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge, you were annoyed over it based on the fact that you would play better if your role was not revealed to you. I fail to see how you could play better as townie if you did not know you were a townie, but I can certainly see how you could play better as scum if you did not know you were scum.

Prim, why would JDodge get angry if he were town?

I think we ought to put most things out in the thread rather than private convos or PMs. It is better for the town.
I'm back!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

Yeah because having my right to play the game the way I wish to taken away is just going to make me a bucket of sunshine
In what way were you playing the game though? If you're not reading your role pm, you're not playing the game, you're just posting whilst other people are playing it around you.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 am

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:JDodge, you were annoyed over it based on the fact that you would play better if your role was not revealed to you. I fail to see how you could play better as townie if you did not know you were a townie, but I can certainly see how you could play better as scum if you did not know you were scum.
You also fail at noticing theoretical situations; at that point, it was more of an "if I were scum" thing. I also object to you using something that was said pre-game before I was even really supposed to be saying anything, especially what was essentially a policy argument.
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:42 am

Post by JDodge »

Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

In what way were you playing the game though? If you're not reading your role pm, you're not playing the game, you're just posting whilst other people are playing it around you.
Can we please avoid this argument? I had it at least 5 times yesterday
stream

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

I'll stop as long as you agree to never not read your role pm ever again. Deal?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:51 am

Post by cicero »

JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

People who want to play without reading their role pm can eat my...
vote jdodge
[
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:51 am

Post by JDodge »

I only wanted to do it in this setup in the first place because of the day communication, so I'd say "yes"
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:53 am

Post by JDodge »

cicero wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

vote jdodge
[
policy lynches are for people not good enough to find scum themselves, so they lynch people for idiotic reasons and hope that they manage to be right one of those times
stream

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:04 am

Post by cicero »

JDodge wrote:
cicero wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

vote jdodge
[
policy lynches are for people not good enough to find scum themselves, so they lynch people for idiotic reasons and hope that they manage to be right one of those times
Not reading role pms is for people who are not good enough to play as scum with the full knowledge that they are scum.

And I voted you based on Primate's supposition that you got mad cuz you were told you were scum. You made yer mud bed, now soak in it.

(Also while this isnt really a case of it, I do promise to policy lynch now and then no matter how super-oober I get at mafia and it'll take sticks n' stones to break my bones, my friend. ;) )
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
cicero wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

vote jdodge
[
I normally hold that opinion, yeah, but honestly not reading your role pm is the
one
thing that I break that on, just because it's so ridiculous that honestly I can't play with someone who's doing it. Not because I can't read them, but every point you make against them, they just go 'well i dunno i am scum lulz so u r wrong', and it's impossible to play a game of mafia with someone who does that. And that's aside from about five other reasons why it's a really fucking stupid idea.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:08 am

Post by JDodge »

cicero wrote:And I voted you based on Primate's supposition that you got mad cuz you were told you were scum. You made yer mud bed, now soak in it.
Aaaand Primate is saying I would've been mad either way, which is a correct assessment. Sir T is the one pulling the bullshit case out of thin air.

Vote: cicero

this is where you claim that my vote OMGUS, so i'll preempt you there by saying "I have a reason. You're following a case and you don't even know who posted it."

See? That saved us both time and energy.
stream

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:16 am

Post by cicero »

I meant Sir T, not Primate. Thanks for the clarification.

Your vote on me feels all warm and cuddly. I feel loved. Your idea is that only scum
would make such a mistake then? Interesting theory. And incorrect!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:19 am

Post by JDodge »

cicero wrote:I meant Sir T, not Primate. Thanks for the clarification.

Your vote on me feels all warm and cuddly. I feel loved. Your idea is that only scum
would make such a mistake then? Interesting theory. And incorrect!
Nope, my idea is that you're not paying close enough attention. Fix that.
stream

Disciple Slayer
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Disciple Slayer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:36 am

Post by Disciple Slayer »

VOTE: CICERO

I do the same thing as JDodge, more or less. I just play in so many games I can never remember which ones I'm town, which ones I'm scum, and which ones I'm powah. Policy lynches are for the weak.

Also, Cicero is gay.
Show
______
l.........l..........
l........[color=red]O[/color]..........
l........[color=red]/l\[/color].........
l........[color=red]/\[/color]......... /OUT on all my current games
l......................
===________
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 am

Post by cicero »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
VOTE: CICERO

I do the same thing as JDodge, more or less. I just play in so many games I can never remember which ones I'm town, which ones I'm scum, and which ones I'm powah. Policy lynches are for the weak.

Also, Cicero is gay.
Wow. There are no words.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

My problem with JDodge is not that he did not read his role pm or anything. I can't be bothered about that. It is his reaction after Oman told him his role. It didn't fit in my mind to what his reaction should be if he were town.

JDodge, I know that it was pre game, but I simply can't ignore that and pretend it didn't happen. You were the one who told this to everyone in scumchat anyway.

I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
I'm back!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:26 am

Post by JDodge »

Sir Tornado wrote:Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
And you assume I was entirely serious why?
Sir Tornado wrote:I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
In other words, you'll take any opportunity you can to make stuff up to get me lynched.
stream

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”