Post by Khelvaster »

I'm Kind of Disoriented, is this the right votecount? Votecount

The Votecount

Sensfan(4)--Xylthixlm, Elias The Thief, jerubbaal, Joubert,
Xylthixlm(1)-- Sensfan
Eliast The Thief(2)--jovo14, Korts
Ting--(1)Woelrat

With 12 alive, it will be 7 to lynch!
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Korts »

Speaking of which, CESc, I assume that you are in fact lying through your teeth. If you really think that townies fake post restrictions all the time, though, please provide an example so I can take you off my list of people to lynch tomorrow.
Tomorrow? Are you sure you wanna lynch SensFan just because he has or is possibly faking a very bad PR? I think that's scummy, to say the least.

unvote; vote: Xyl
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Korts »

And the emphasis is on possibly. It's not likely, in my opinion. I, for one, would be too lazy to fake a PR as ridiculous as this. I mean, this is pure art! It takes five minutes for a short sentence. If he's faking it, he's good. I mean
good
. And full of horseshit, the idiot.
scumchat never die
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Xylthixlm wrote:Speaking of which, CESc, I
assume
that you are in fact lying through your teeth. If you really think that townies fake post restrictions all the time, though, please provide an example so I can take you off my list of people to lynch tomorrow.
Okay, admission of guilt: 'all the time' was a hyperbole, but yes, I saw townies fake post restrictions more than once. In fact, very soon I'll quote jerubbaal's last post and give some examples along with that.

How exactly was I lying through my teeth?
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:10 am

jerubbaal wrote:
CES wrote:Perhaps, but, unfortunately, townies fake PR's too all the time. Iunno why.
Really? That seems absolutely baffling. Why would a townie ever do that. The only times I've ever seen someone fake a PR were on the other site I play at, MTG Salvation, and both times it was scum (one of the guys pretended that he could only post in smilies and votes/FoS's, which was absolutely hilarious, but fake in the end, the other guy talked pirate talk, which was almost as annoying as this).
Yes, I remember those, but if you play at MtgS, you might also remember Arimnaes in Matrix Mafia, Xyre in 24 Mafia or Axelrod in Elegant Mafia. Really, it happens, and no less than scum faking them. Sometimes because they want to achieve something with it, sometimes because they think it's fun or because they want to get the game moving, and try to stimulate discussion. Really there are multiple reasons why one would want to fake such a restriction.

That said, I'm all for lynching SF. He's pretty much a liability, and I think the sooner we lynch him the better. Not only that, but he might very well be scum too.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:18 am

Korts wrote:And the emphasis is on possibly. It's not likely, in my opinion. I, for one, would be too lazy to fake a PR as ridiculous as this. I mean, this is pure art! It takes five minutes for a short sentence. If he's faking it, he's good. I mean
good
Hmm.. I don't really understand what you're trying to say here, but if SF
does
indeed have the posting restriction, what do you think his alignment is? And what do you think right now (with wether he's got a pr or not still unknown)?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 am

Post by SensFan »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:He's pretty much a liability, and I think the sooner we lynch him the better.
Vote: I

Vote: C
Vote: A
Vote: N

Vote: O
Vote: T
Vote: R
Vote: B
Vote: U
Vote: E
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:Yes, I remember those, but if you play at MtgS, you might also remember Arimnaes in Matrix Mafia, Xyre in 24 Mafia or Axelrod in Elegant Mafia. Really, it happens, and no less than scum faking them. Sometimes because they want to achieve something with it, sometimes because they think it's fun or because they want to get the game moving, and try to stimulate discussion. Really there are multiple reasons why one would want to fake such a restriction.
Wow, I've never heard of a townie faking a post restriction before. That seems... odd. The impression I've gotten from reading games here is that people who fake post restrictions are almost always scum. Although, given how much negative attention it attracts, I'm surprised scum bother.

It's pretty much a cornerstone of play, though, that town has more to gain from accurate information than scum do. Faking a post restriction deprives the town of accurate information, by misleading players about the setup
and
cutting down contribution from the player faking it. There are almost no circumstances I can think of where it would be a good protown move.
How exactly was I lying through my teeth?
I was assuming you were trying to get SensFan to admit it's fake. It never crossed my mind that you could actually believe that he might be faking but still town.

By the way... have you noticed that, despite protesting "I can contribute", SensFan's only actual contribution to discussion is an OMGUS vote on me?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Korts wrote:Tomorrow? Are you sure you wanna lynch SensFan just because he has or is possibly faking a very bad PR? I think that's scummy, to say the least.
Chance that he is faking: High.
Chance that he is scum if he is faking: Very high.
Chance that he will be helpful if he is not faking: Low.
Benefit of lynching him compared to any other player: High.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:33 am

Post by SensFan »

Xylthixlm wrote:By the way... have you noticed that, despite protesting "I can contribute", SensFan's only actual contribution to discussion is an OMGUS vote on me?

Vote: D
Vote: D

Vote: M
Vote: G
Vote: S

Unvote
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Ok. Sorry CESc, I guess I should pay closer attention to names. Um, in regard to faking PR's, it certainly can be done by town, I've seen it personally from thestatusquo in mini (i think) 367. maybe 365. One of those.

I'm unsure what to think of the PR. I think the fact that voting one letter has effectively counted as votes says something, but I'm not sure what. I mean, why would the vote count just because of the first letter, unless the PR was real?
I play the games rul gud.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I'm unsure what to think of the PR. I think the fact that voting one letter has effectively counted as votes says something, but I'm not sure what. I mean, why would the vote count just because of the first letter, unless the PR was real?
I thought that too, but it seems like SensFan doesn't understand that part either. That seems to rule out it being part of the PR.

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:11 pm

eh, maybe. hold on.
unvote:sensfan, vote: S

let's see what happens.
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

I accidentally counted Sensfan's vote for himself. I was copying and pasting names, and accidentally moved him to voting for himself. It was a complete mistake. That is why, in my revised votecount, he isn't voting for himself.

I am only commenting on this very specific part, since people thought I changed the vote on purpose. I didn't. It was an accident.

Also, is the last votecount correct? Is everyone voting for who they wanted?

Elias, I am not counting vote: S as vote: Sensfan. If you want your vote to be on him, revote him.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm

Ok, well that clears things up a bit. And leaves me as skeptical of Sensfan as I was before.
unvote, vote: senfan
to put him back at -3.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by SensFan »

SensFan looks awfully depressed, slumping down onto a non-existent chair.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

It says in the player list that matimafia is playing, but I don't see any posts, not even a /confirm. theopor_COD hasn't posted since confirming.
Mod, could you prod them please?

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by ting =) »

How is lynching SensFan helpful to town? As far as I can tell, that's nothing more than a OMGPRS lynch. Yes, it's annoying, but he hasn't actually done anything scummy unless you can prove he's actually faking his PR.

That said, we've just spent two whole pages talking about nothing but SensFan. I'm going to
vote:xyl
You're pushing really hard for a SensFan lynch for no good reason that I can see. I don't have a clear read, but you look to me like scum going for an easy target.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 pm

SensFan wrote:
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:He's pretty much a liability, and I think the sooner we lynch him the better.

Vote: A

Vote: R
Vote: B
Vote: E
If you can't post actual words, and only post like this, you're a liability. It'll be hard to accuse you something, and I think not being able to properly discuss things reduces one's accountability for his actions.
lovo14
lovo14
Goon
lovo14
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:28 am

Post by lovo14 »

ting =) wrote:How is lynching SensFan helpful to town? As far as I can tell, that's nothing more than a OMGPRS lynch. Yes, it's annoying, but he hasn't actually done anything scummy unless you can prove he's actually faking his PR.

That said, we've just spent two whole pages talking about nothing but SensFan. I'm going to
vote:xyl
You're pushing really hard for a SensFan lynch for no good reason that I can see. I don't have a clear read, but you look to me like scum going for an easy target.
qft
i do not see why a scum would fake this. the ONLY thing i could see would be an usurper getting on town side early as its best way to play it. but there is no chance that is in this game

big FOS on xyl
"Dave Grohl is everywhere, he is even in our breakfast cereals" --Oscar Whilde
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Korts »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Korts wrote:And the emphasis is on possibly. It's not likely, in my opinion. I, for one, would be too lazy to fake a PR as ridiculous as this. I mean, this is pure art! It takes five minutes for a short sentence. If he's faking it, he's good. I mean
good
Hmm.. I don't really understand what you're trying to say here, but if SF
does
indeed have the posting restriction, what do you think his alignment is? And what do you think right now (with wether he's got a pr or not still unknown)?
I'm trying to say that I'm, for now, convinced that he's not faking. I admit that there's a fair possibility that he is, but I don't think so, at the moment. My point was that the nature of the PR--being only able to communicate in votes of a single letter, makes it too difficult to fake. Indeed, faking it would get tiresome and annoying to SF soon, so if he's faking it he's bound to stop anytime in the near future. This is why I'm convinced that he isn't faking. It's just too fiddly, if he could just choose to speak normally. About the alignment, I don't have any feelings yet. Possibly townie, although he hasn't yet contributed, which can be because we were questioning him about his PR.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Korts »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Korts wrote:Tomorrow? Are you sure you wanna lynch SensFan just because he has or is possibly faking a very bad PR? I think that's scummy, to say the least.
Chance that he is faking: High.
Chance that he is scum if he is faking: Very high.
Chance that he will be helpful if he is not faking: Low.
Benefit of lynching him compared to any other player: High.
If he's pro-town, it doesn't matter if he contributes pages worth of suspicions or not. If we lynch him and he's town, it'll still be a step towards losing the game, whether or not he's helpful. I think we need to move on.
scumchat never die
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 am

Xylthixlm wrote:It's pretty much a cornerstone of play, though, that town has more to gain from accurate information than scum do. Faking a post restriction deprives the town of accurate information, by misleading players about the setup
and
cutting down contribution from the player faking it. There are almost no circumstances I can think of where it would be a good protown move.
I agree with you here, but sometimes, towies
do
have a good reason to, and sometimes, townies just make bad moves.
Xylthixlm wrote:I was assuming you were trying to get SensFan to admit it's fake. It never crossed my mind that you could actually believe that he might be faking but still town.
I don't get it. You thought I wanted SensFan to admit it was fake, which, because you didn't believe a townies would fake a PR, would catch us a scum, yet you think it's a point against me? I'm not completely following you here.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:33 am

ting =) wrote:How is lynching SensFan helpful to town? As far as I can tell, that's nothing more than a OMGPRS lynch. Yes, it's annoying, but he hasn't actually done anything scummy unless you can prove he's actually faking his PR.
But how would he be able to do something scummy at all with this PR? Other than using his vote, he can hardly do anything producive for the town. And since such a PR is very rare in a mini normal, I'd rather say he's faking his PR unless we can prove he's actually not.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:35 am

lovo14 wrote:i do not see why a scum would fake this. the ONLY thing i could see would be an usurper getting on town side early as its best way to play it. but there is no chance that is in this game
So you totally rule out the existence of an usurper, yet you think SF's PR is plausible? I'd also like to know why you think a scum wouldn't fake this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”