Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

jerubbaal wrote:I went back and looked at SensFan's last "speaking" vote, and it was an S. I guess the mod's taking that as a Vote: SensFan. I think I would have laughed my a** off if he lynched himself trying to do that.
Aha! You mean all we have to do is get him to L-1 and wait for him to accidentally hammer himself?

I was thinking that the self-vote was punishment for violating the PR, but your explanation makes more sense. Which means the PR is probably faked, and faking a PR is something only scum have a reason to do.

Vote: SensFan
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: W
Vote: H
Vote: Y

Vote: T
Vote: H
Vote: I
Vote: N
Vote: K

Vote: F
Vote: A
Vote: E

SensFan looks confused.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Well, let's think of what the PR would have to look like.

* You can mime.
* You can vote for single letters.
* You can't vote for anything longer than a single letter, unless it's a real player.

I can accept having to mime as a possible post restriction.

Having to spell out your words with votes is a bit less believable; it's really annoying, and I don't see why it would allow single letters but not whole words.

Being able to do
both
is just plain silly. I can't imagine any mod giving a post restriction that lets you choose from two, equally nonrestrictive, means of expression. I also can't imagine why you would start out using the
more
annoying form (repeated votes) if mime was an option.

In short, even if I believed that there might be a post restriction in a mini normal, the specific restriction you have claimed is totally incredible. Since a protown player wouldn't have any reason to fake a post restriction, you must be scum.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: I

Vote: C

Vote: O

Vote: L
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by SensFan »

Xylthixlm wrote:* You can vote for single letters.
* You can't vote for anything longer than a single letter, unless it's a real player.
Khelvaster wrote:If you see an exploit in a role, please PM me too. We will work together to get a mutually compatable solution (between what was written and what was intended.)
Vote: W
Vote: R
Vote: D
Vote: S

Vote: E
Vote: S
Vote: Y

Xylthixlm wrote:I also can't imagine why you would start out using the more annoying form (repeated votes) if mime was an option.
SensFan starts randomly voting people, then pauses. After thinking for a few minutes, he begins to act out his thoughts, charade-style.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Korts »

Well, let's think of what the PR would have to look like.

* You can mime.
* You can vote for single letters.

I can accept having to mime as a possible post restriction.

Having to spell out your words with votes is a bit less believable; it's really annoying, and I don't see why it would allow single letters but not whole words.

Being able to do both is just plain silly. I can't imagine any mod giving a post restriction that lets you choose from two, equally nonrestrictive, means of expression. I also can't imagine why you would start out using the more annoying form (repeated votes) if mime was an option.

In short, even if I believed that there might be a post restriction in a mini normal, the specific restriction you have claimed is totally incredible. Since a protown player wouldn't have any reason to fake a post restriction, you must be scum.
Still, cool PR, faked or not. If faked, I think we have no doubt SensFan's scum. If not, that still could mean he's scum, or am I wrong? I've never played with a PR before, so do tell me, does having a PR mean you're definitely town?
scumchat never die
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Xylthixlm wrote:CES, what do you think we should do if he
is
faking?
Haven't made up my mind about that, yet. I guess I'll have to read some of his other games.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Elias_the_thief wrote:Also @ CES: You were scum with me in 365, which was like my third game or something like that because i started out playing one at a time.
Ah, that was Cogito Ergo
Sum
. It's a minor difference. I didn't know a well-know player on this site had a name this similar when I chose it, it
sometimes
often leads to confusion.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Xylthixlm wrote:I was thinking that the self-vote was punishment for violating the PR, but your explanation makes more sense. Which means the PR is probably faked, and faking a PR is something only scum have a reason to do.
Perhaps, but, unfortunately, townies fake PR's too all the time. Iunno why.

SensFan, are you faking? Signal yes by getting yourself modkilled.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 pm

Post by ting =) »

Why fake? He doesn't really have much to gain by faking. As it is, he's the closest player to being lynched. I'd have stopped by now if I was faking.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by ting =) »

I think what SensFan is saying in post 79, is that he orignally started being able to vote only letters. (that's why he left out the mime bit that xyl put at the top of the list).

Then, he PMed the mod saying that the whole letter was thing too complicated, but was told that words would be too easy, and there wouldn't be any point in a PR.

After all that, either the mod let him have the mime thing to make things easier, or he decided to exploit a loophole since the mod never said he couldn't mime his actions.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by ting =) »

Also, SensFan is at L-2 now. One more vote on him and he could end up lynching himself if the whole first letter thing is true.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

As far as I know, he's at 4 votes (L-3); I think you missed my unvote earlier.

If he is faking, and he stops, it will prove he was faking. If that happens he had better have an
extremely
good excuse.

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 am

Post by ting =) »

Is there any chance that your unvote went something like:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Vote: SensFan
That's the latest vote/unvote that I can find from your posts(post 75). I'm going to assume that you just forgot to unvote and weren't intentionally miscounting to lead to a quicklynch...
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:27 am

Post by ting =) »

Umm.. just checked. As far as I can tell, your vote really is at SensFan, but you're right that he's still at L-3, I miscounted. *buries head in shame.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 am

Post by Korts »

Well, now that you've stated that he's in trouble big time if he's faking, he just won't stop faking it. So we're back at square one. Also, I had a question, not really important, just cos I never played with a PR before. Does having a PR have anything to do with alignment?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Korts »

One thing to add:
I wrote: Does having a PR have anything to do with alignment?
Cos if it don't, scum wouldn't gain much--or anything--by faking it. Just thinking.
scumchat never die
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 am

Post by SensFan »

ting =) wrote:I think what SensFan is saying in post 79, is that he orignally started being able to vote only letters. (that's why he left out the mime bit that xyl put at the top of the list).

Then, he PMed the mod saying that the whole letter was thing too complicated, but was told that words would be too easy, and there wouldn't be any point in a PR.

After all that, either the mod let him have the mime thing to make things easier, or he decided to exploit a loophole since the mod never said he couldn't mime his actions.
SensFan shakes head side-to-side frantically. SensFan clasps his hand over his mouth, then immediately uses the provided voting signs to communicate, filling out 26 of them with a single letter. He does this for a while, and when people begin to get frustrated, he pauses, looks annoyed and begins to think. Then he puts down the signs, and starts to mime his actions.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:56 am

Korts wrote:One thing to add:
I wrote: Does having a PR have anything to do with alignment?
Cos if it don't, scum wouldn't gain much--or anything--by faking it. Just thinking.
Yes, a PR can come with any alignment (although I've never seen a PR'ed SK in a non-PR game), so in theory, no one would ever really profit from faking it. I think it wouldn't condemn him at all if he'd indeed faked it.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:49 am

Post by jerubbaal »

CES wrote:Perhaps, but, unfortunately, townies fake PR's too all the time. Iunno why.
Really? That seems absolutely baffling. Why would a townie ever do that. The only times I've ever seen someone fake a PR were on the other site I play at, MTG Salvation, and both times it was scum (one of the guys pretended that he could only post in smilies and votes/FoS's, which was absolutely hilarious, but fake in the end, the other guy talked pirate talk, which was almost as annoying as this).

Anywho, a PR doesn't necessarily imply anything about alignment, but it does excuse a general lack of participation due to difficulty posting as well as making it more difficult to inquire into that individual due to the limited responses. It's not like we can expect a longer, analytical post out of SF.

Question: Can you talk in simply generic third person without "talking"? Like:
Jerubbaal thinks SensFan's post restriction is really annoying and probably fake

If not, what is the restriction on what you can say in third person and what you can't?
<><
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 am

Post by SensFan »

SensFan wrote:
SensFan clasps his hand over his mouth
while holding up one finger, then nods his head forward-and backwards once while holding up two fingers, then side-to-side once while holding up three fingers.
SensFan wrote:
SensFan shakes head side-to-side frantically.
SensFan clasps his hand over his mouth
, then immediately uses the provided voting signs to communicate, filling out 26 of them with a single letter. He does this for a while, and when people begin to get frustrated, he pauses, looks annoyed and begins to think. Then he puts down the signs, and starts to mime his actions.
SensFan wrote:
SensFan clasps his hand ever his mouth.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Korts »

Real annoying. So you can only describe your physical actions, as it were.
scumchat never die
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 am

Post by SensFan »

SensFan forms an invisible box around himself. Then he pretends to climb a set of stairs, then he folds his legs, as if sitting on an invisible chair.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Korts wrote:Well, now that you've stated that he's in trouble big time if he's faking, he just won't stop faking it.
I think the chance that he stops faking is pretty much zero anyways. Holding back my opinions - or worse, lying through my teeth, like CESc is doing - wouldn't help.

Speaking of which, CESc, I
assume
that you are in fact lying through your teeth. If you really think that townies fake post restrictions all the time, though, please provide an example so I can take you off my list of people to lynch tomorrow.

Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Lemme correct my last votecount
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”