- Khelvaster

1, Spindax
- Coolbot

1, destructor
- Matt_S

1, eljcko
- massive

Not Voting:
Zyrconium, eljcko, crazy_vlad, Spindax, GSGold, thing =)
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:29 am

Post by eljcko »

massive wrote:I'm trying to decide if I think Matt_S is being a responsible townie, or is simply acting like one so we all trust him.

Spindax
: Can you explain some of your reasoning behind how Khelvaster's "plan" might have been a trap?

destructor
: Two times in the first page, you've mentioned the possibility that Mafia have been given safe-claims. Do you consider this a commonplace occurence in Mafia games?

unvote, vote eljcko

Your last post was completely noncommital, almost as if you were unwilling to pick a side, waiting to see which way the town would twist. Plus, your spelling is rEdiculous.
I make typos sometimes, (the "no's" meant know BTW) I will be more careful.

I gave a FOS because it is very odd to call for a mass nameclaim right off the bat, a better explination would be helpful.

I agree with lots of things Matt_S said. A mass nameclaim is pretty pro-town, but this early in the game is odd. Why is he asking for specific names such as Frodo or Sam? Could be looking for power rolls? I need more info.

For now, I will still remain undecided in my vote, just until Khelvaster gets a better chance to explain himself more in-depth, then I will decide if I want to lynch him. Its very possible he is a power roll, I need more to go on.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by ting =) »

heya, i'll be out of town for a while. I'll try to go online, but no guarantees. =(
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Matt_S »

destructor wrote:Actually, I think if we're going to do it, the earlier the better. But we've already heard that at least two players have non-fellowship role names and I'd be surprised if scum haven't been given safe claims anyway, which makes me cynical to how effective it would be.

Matt_S, you sound a little paranoid. I don't think you should have voted for me, but if you still feel it's worthwhile can you tell us why?
I assumed that anyone who does have a big name is either a power role or scum, seeing as I don't. Again, a name claim probably isn't a scum's best strategy, so I'm less suspicious of Khelvaster. You, however, put a second vote on me for arguing against a name claim. Not scummy in itself, but this seems to tell me you're not a vanilla townie. And considering I stated that the reason for my reluctance to vote for Khelvaster(him being a possible power role), it seems odd that you'd immediately vote me. I don't see a power role voting someone who claims to fear for the power roles' safety. However, for a scum, it's a nice reason to put a second vote on someone.

So yeah, I think you(I'll refer to you from the 3rd person from now on) were scummy enough to get a vote. But I've got my sights on someone else now.
Unvote, Vote eljcko
. He agrees with a lot of stuff I say according to him, yet his suspicions are on Khelvaster for thinking a name claim could actually be to the town's advantage. He seemed to ignore my argument against destructor. Along those lines, there's a few others that I found suspicious.

FoS ting =)

For giving me an odd feeling. Doesn't seem to know the same stuff I do.
FoS GSGold

For not seeming to know what I know, too.

Of course there's always the possibility that my pm is different than everyone's in case the mod's evil.

As for CoolBot, he's not cleared in my eyes. A few things about his post make me nervous, but it's too early for me to do something. It's not enough for a FoS, but something doesn't fit.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by destructor »

massive wrote:
destructor
: Two times in the first page, you've mentioned the possibility that Mafia have been given safe-claims. Do you consider this a commonplace occurence in Mafia games?
Yes, at least I think it should be or, like Coolbot said, it makes a game very broken. Also, I have recent experience in an ongoing game where a mass name-claim hasn't outed scum.

Matt, why do you think people are suspicious for not knowing what you know?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Matt_S »

destructor wrote:
massive wrote:
destructor
Yes, at least I think it should be or, like Coolbot said, it makes a game very broken. Also, I have recent experience in an ongoing game where a mass name-claim hasn't outed scum.

Matt, why do you think people are suspicious for not knowing what you know?
Because what I know is something I learned from my role PM. I'm going on the assumption that all vanilla townies got the same pm(or at least with the same information), which I don't think is a bad thing to assume. I'm kind of trying to keep exactly what this "info" is a secret from everyone else, and nobody really seems to know exactly what I know. Of course nobody who's posted lets on that they know what I know, so I only FoS'd the people who seemed to argue the most for my point without actually putting forward what vanillas know. Just an FYI, if anyone thinks they know exactly why I'm opposed to a name claim, then please come forward. If you got the same pm as me, it should be obvious why having everyone say their name wouldn't work at all.

Of course I'm really paranoid because last night I thought I gave too much information and screwed the town. And the more I go on, the more I think I'm the only one who actually has this knowledge.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

If there are exactly 3 people who aren't part of the fellowship, then I believe the 3 who aren't will need to claim their names. Not their roles, mind you, but their names.

If there are less than 3 people, someone has to be lying. A mass nameclaim will occur.

If there are more than 3 people, then nothing bad comes from this. I seriously doubt the mafia can tell whether you are a power role and, if so, whether it's important to kill you or not just based upon the fact that you are or aren't in the fellowship.
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Khelvaster wrote:If there are exactly 3 people who aren't part of the fellowship, then I believe the 3 who aren't will need to claim their names. Not their roles, mind you, but their names.

If there are less than 3 people, someone has to be lying. A mass nameclaim will occur.

If there are more than 3 people, then nothing bad comes from this. I seriously doubt the mafia can tell whether you are a power role and, if so, whether it's important to kill you or not just based upon the fact that you are or aren't in the fellowship.
I'll wait for another townie to come and tell you why that won't work. But trust me, it won't.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Or the mod loves screwing with me.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Khelvaster »

care to be more explicit, Matt?
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
Spindax
Spindax
Townie
Spindax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by Spindax »

massive wrote:I'm trying to decide if I think Matt_S is being a responsible townie, or is simply acting like one so we all trust him.

Spindax
: Can you explain some of your reasoning behind how Khelvaster's "plan" might have been a trap?
Oh wait. I misunderstood it.. Damn.
[img]http://i25.tinypic.com/nv314m.jpg[/img]
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:33 am

Post by eljcko »

Spindax wrote:

Spindax
Oh wait. I misunderstood it.. Damn.
Yeah, I think I did also. I thought on page one, he wanted to know the fellowship names and users. But he wants to know the 3 outsiders. oops :oops:
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:38 am

Post by CoolBot »

No, I'm pretty sure he originally wanted a full mass claim. Only after getting resistance, Khel switched to the three outsiders. Sounds like fishing to me.
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:06 am

Post by eljcko »

CoolBot:
You say on page 1 you are not in the Fellowship, and so does Matt_S. Did you learn anything you would call "Secret Info" in your PM that would make you opposed to the nameclaim? I just want to know if Matt_S is being truthful or not.

Also, could someone please tell me what a "Safe-Claim" is.
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:37 am

Post by GSGold »

FOS Matt_S

For seeming to be heavily informed on something nobody else really understands, and not really explaining himself clearly, if at all.
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:41 am

Post by GSGold »

Actually, he did explain himself after comprehending what I read. I'm going to keep my FOS though, as it seems ridiculous to accuse people of not knowing something that you're keeping secret. How can we know what you know?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:50 am

Post by MeMe »

Sorry folks, but I've been instructed to pull the plug on this game since it's clearly themed.

Please don't discuss your role assignments or the game as it's
possible
shaka!! will choose to strip the story and continue to run it as a normal. I'll let you know what he decides.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:06 am

Post by shaka!! »

Well it seems I misunderstood the difference between mafia flavor and themed flavor. I feel really embarrassed about this but I'd rather have the game continued.

All of you already know what your normal role is, I don't feel it is necessary to resend them, how ever if you are unsure what your real role is then you may send me a pm and I will explain.

In light of this, I will tell you that having a name assigned to your role
does not
indicate a power role, and there was most definitely roles outside the
real (lol) fellowship
, which wasn't a sign of scum or pro town, either. How ever if you did have a name you will no longer. Yes, I am evil.

Remember roles will stay the same, just no flavor.

No need to reconfirm.

I'd suggest you all forgot the last page happened, for the sake of the games progress. Votes will not be reset!
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Matt_S »

Unvote

Un-FoS everyone

I am so confused right now. Anyways, I had no name, so I figured all other vanilla townies had no name. Thus I expected a lot more resistance to a name claim. But we should probably forget about all this now. Sooo.....
Vote crazy_vlad
for the underscore again.
Show

(2) think very hard;
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by GSGold »

What is going on in this thread.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by Matt_S »

GSGold wrote:What is going on in this thread.
It got unthemed and the mod admitted to being evil by not giving me a name. So we're back at square one.
Show

(2) think very hard;
GSGold
GSGold
Townie
GSGold
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:03 am

Post by GSGold »

Alright, well, we still have the events before the untheme to think about, if any of it can be salvaged. Most of it was arguments about roleclaiming, which the logic behind no longer works.

Do we go back to random voting, or...?
eljcko
eljcko
Goon
eljcko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:14 am

Post by eljcko »

GSGold wrote:Alright, well, we still have the events before the untheme to think about, if any of it can be salvaged. Most of it was arguments about roleclaiming, which the logic behind no longer works.

Do we go back to random voting, or...?
I am assuming a start over, but shaka!! is not going to restart the vote count. I am just pretending the first 30 or so posts never happened. It was all just arguements about a role claim anyway.

Random Vote: Zyrconium
Because his name sounds like an element on the Periodic Table.
crazy_vlad
crazy_vlad
Townie
crazy_vlad
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:53 am

Post by crazy_vlad »

come on matt ...I'll start to think you have something against me :)
as you were the most active so far i have little suspicion on you..so I'm not answering in the same manner, not even with a fos. :) keep lookin' :)
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Matt_S »

crazy_vlad wrote:I'll start to think you have something against me :)
You're crazy :P
Show

(2) think very hard;

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”