Mini 1962: Magical Girls Mafia II (Day 4)

Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 2099, Mulch wrote:
In post 2098, Mulch wrote:gg guys
The gladiator play was non tactical elli wanted some way to gladiate statusquo cause they thought it would be funny, and I found an excuse to make it happen
Plus I thought it would be funny too
Amrock#3784
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Like I was gonna lynch Panzer today, and they can't kill me because commuter.

So... I dunno? I feel like if you don't quick vote Kokichi (who I was town reading tbh) maybe we win?

But honestly, I probably lynch you Mastina, so we lose either way.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Mulch »

Honestly lynching the cop that day was critical, did they have a guilty on us?
Amrock#3784
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2094, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Mastina, you quick voted in lylo....
Yes, and I knew the risk when I did so. I knew very full and well and good the exact risk I was taking. It backfired, and when I cast the vote, I was quite aware of that. In fact I even noted that Elizibereth and Panzer who I knew to be scum were hanging around potentially looking for a quickhammer. (Though I wrote it off because I thought that for Kokichi to be town, you would need to be scum and as I didn't think you were scum I didn't back out.) I did it anyway.

I already said I will take full fault for being wrong on Kokichi, and every consequence therein. Up to and including the loss today. It wouldn't have changed anything though if I had waited ten days. Kokichi's claim of being a doctor on two of the nightkills the night they died with no mention of a N1 action would have me believing by occam's razor that Kokichi was a scumfuck because even though it ended up being the case, which would YOU think more likely?
That Kokichi is a town doctor who protected the nightkill twice in a row and yet was somehow foiled by some mysterious ungated roleblocker and/or strongman...
...Or that Kokichi was scum fakeclaiming?

NO amount of time would change the circumstances making that shit look like a scumclaim.
(And, really GIF? You put in an ungated strongman against a doctor with the only investigative being a tracker with a 1x cop? There was no way that could be considered balanced in my mind so I'd never have believed it. That makes the doctor absolutely worthless guaranteed.)
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Nah, they didn't.

Mulch and I thought we were obvscum the whole game lul. We were just covering each other because a few things we did only one of us could "fake".
FLASH OF GREEN
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 2103, mastina wrote:(And, really GIF? You put in an ungated strongman against a doctor with the only investigative being a tracker with a 1x cop? There was no way that could be considered balanced in my mind so I'd never have believed it. That makes the doctor absolutely worthless guaranteed.)
Considering this was one of the most townsided setups I had ever seen

I think it was fine
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 2104, Ellibereth wrote:Nah, they didn't.

Mulch and I thought we were obvscum the whole game lul. We were just covering each other because a few things we did only one of us could "fake".
Exactly
Amrock#3784
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Shea's ability cop practically guilties me and panzer becuz we have "scum abilities"
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ali's ability pseudo guiltied too in a way iirc.

+ 2 all town nhoods + conditional IC + A50 gettingmeta confed
FLASH OF GREEN
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2103, mastina wrote:That Kokichi is a town doctor who protected the nightkill twice in a row and yet was somehow foiled by some mysterious ungated roleblocker and/or strongman...
...Or that Kokichi was scum fakeclaiming?
honestly, scum fakeclaiming protects on the nightkills is what doesn't sound likely to me. it's a very strange fakeclaim.
but the day was over before i could post. :<
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

nah its ok Elli I agree with Mastina you played a bad scumgame despite the perfect win and not even really being voted you were 'obvious'
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

I mean being obv is fine if ur always the second choice.
FLASH OF GREEN
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

O I was being incredibly sarcastic
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

In post 2093, Korekiyo Shinguji wrote:
In post 2089, Maki Harukawa wrote:On a srs note gg everyone thanks for hosting Holy ^_^ this was fun
I was completely wrong about you, nice job.
<3 <3
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Mulch »

Can I quote a poste I read recently on anothe rserver
Amrock#3784
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Is it quick's quote.
FLASH OF GREEN
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

I think my power is the only one that doesn't get an auto guilty via the rolecop

this set up may feel scumsided to yall but it's only because you lost your best 3 powers in a row
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2101, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:But honestly, I probably lynch you Mastina, so we lose either way.
Exactly. Assume we managed to not have Kokichi vote me and let the scum quickhammer me.

If we lynched Panzer today, how would the night play out?
Probably Chara.

If Chara, then you either lynch me or Elizibereth the following day. If me, we lose then.

If Elizibereth, then the scum's only nightkill options are:
Nobody, me, or Kokichi.
If me, then that leaves Kokichi-LLD-Maki. Kokichi's stances were heavily in favor of voting LLD so scum win then.
If Kokichi, then that leaves mastina-LLD-Maki. This is honestly the scenario with the highest town win percentage, but I can't guarantee that I reevaluate and even if I did if you would lynch me then it wouldn't matter.
If nobody, that STILL leaves Kokichi-mastina unresolved, something I had wanted done from day fucking one and likely to result in a mislynch since the focus would be on everyone
except
Maki. Kokichi would be divided between us, I would be on Kokichi with you as a secondary, and unless you put attention on Maki you'd be focusing on one or both of us.

In most scenarios, we lose regardless.
First IF: me not voting Kokichi.
Second IF: Kokichi not voting me.
Third IF: Panzer being the lynch.
Fourth IF: Elizibereth being the next lynch.
Fifth IF: Who if anyone gets nightkilled before 3p/4p lylo/mylo.
Sixth IF: the mindsets behind players in a 3p lylo (because we never win the 4p mylo and only one lylo is viable for a town win).

That's why I was okay with the Kokichi vote. It was for
precisely
this reason.
If Kokichi was town, I knew that basically no matter what, the game wasn't going to be a town win. A loss today would be less painful than a loss down the road.
If Kokichi was scum, then the hope was that I would force the scum's hand. For instance, I felt like there was a significant chance I could expose Elizibereth as being scum for all the world to see openly (rather than just random tidbits here and there overlapped to vaguely suggest it).

Does that make it right?
Well of course not. It was wrong, the game was lost as a result of it, I deserve the blame for it and will accept the fault for it. But this is why I was okay with forcing the vote. I knew that I was going to be voted, likely by town, without drastic measures. I knew that if I was voted by town, then we would lose. My only hope of not being voted by town was to do something to ensure I wouldn't be voted by town.

The idea I came up with as my best bet for having done so was a 1v2. I considered expanding it even to a 1v3, but since I wasn't confident in Elizibereth and even had I been I wasn't confident in my ability to WIN a fight against Elizibereth, I decided that I'd only vs. them if they decided to gladiate which would expose their scum.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by Mulch »

I think people conflate

1) Being a good wolf

With

2) Having a balanced range / getting townread

It getting kind of old tbh...but maybe my viewpoint is really naive or too idealistic?

Having a balanced range is easy, just dont try so hard when villaging or be actively wolfy on purpose.

Getting townreads is easy, just townside or bus your bros. The single most tragic thing that happens in a game of WW is when a wolf busses and gets heat for the way he did it. Lol.

Getting villagers to kill each other and looking good while doing it is $#@!ing hard. This is the ultimate wolf play.

Your job as a wolf isnt to get townread, its to help the village as little as possible and get away with it. Some games the village lets you get away with more than other games (incidentally this is why subs are lame imo, because you cant plan for someone subbing in and calling you out for doing A, B or C. Which was acceptable to do in the pre-sub gamestate, but not after).

If you are feeling good, then you can start actively working against villagers and get away with it.

But people sit in the graveyard at endgame crying that so-and-so is openly wolfing, and that the village are a bunch of morons, then they refuse to give the open wolfer any credit because he was "obvious". He was obvious because your team let him be, being an "obvious wolf" without getting caught was his optimal play.
It wasnt flashy, it wasnt "award winning", but it did the most damage possible to the village.

Then some guy busses his entire team, survives 3 NKs (!?!?), and wins at LYLO because the village got complacent (or because the setup had too many mechanical clears, so the busser not dieing was "normal"). Then everyone calls him a WW god, and noms him as the greatest wolf of all time
Bussing is easy!
Amrock#3784
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Mulch »

Spoiler:
In post 2118, Mulch wrote:I think people conflate

1) Being a good wolf

With

2) Having a balanced range / getting townread

It getting kind of old tbh...but maybe my viewpoint is really naive or too idealistic?

Having a balanced range is easy, just dont try so hard when villaging or be actively wolfy on purpose.

Getting townreads is easy, just townside or bus your bros. The single most tragic thing that happens in a game of WW is when a wolf busses and gets heat for the way he did it. Lol.

Getting villagers to kill each other and looking good while doing it is $#@!ing hard. This is the ultimate wolf play.

Your job as a wolf isnt to get townread, its to help the village as little as possible and get away with it. Some games the village lets you get away with more than other games (incidentally this is why subs are lame imo, because you cant plan for someone subbing in and calling you out for doing A, B or C. Which was acceptable to do in the pre-sub gamestate, but not after).

If you are feeling good, then you can start actively working against villagers and get away with it.

But people sit in the graveyard at endgame crying that so-and-so is openly wolfing, and that the village are a bunch of morons, then they refuse to give the open wolfer any credit because he was "obvious". He was obvious because your team let him be, being an "obvious wolf" without getting caught was his optimal play.
It wasnt flashy, it wasnt "award winning", but it did the most damage possible to the village.

Then some guy busses his entire team, survives 3 NKs (!?!?), and wins at LYLO because the village got complacent (or because the setup had too many mechanical clears, so the busser not dieing was "normal"). Then everyone calls him a WW god, and noms him as the greatest wolf of all time
Bussing is easy!

This is a quote btw
Amrock#3784
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 2115, Ellibereth wrote:Is it quick's quote.
I like this one more, can u quote im on phone.
FLASH OF GREEN
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Mulch »

In post 2120, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 2115, Ellibereth wrote:Is it quick's quote.
I like this one more, can u quote im on phone.

"Well, I think Much is terrible as well. And you didn't even respond to most of my post here. Why would Ellibereth choose to hydra with Mulch? It makes no sense. It's like mixing TV dinners with high quality wine."
Amrock#3784
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2105, Mulch wrote:Considering this was one of the most townsided setups I had ever seen
How so?

We had:
-Tracker (not a good PR) with a 1x cop upgrade
-Doctor (against a scum strongman which nullifies the role)
-Conditional IC with a condition ridiculously hard to meet and which if met would be rewarding good townplay (i.e. lynching scum)
-Neighborizer (this is net-zero balance wise)
-Forced-commuter (this, with no neighborhood communication, is a negative utility role and should never have been used)
-Troll role which did nothing except randomly add something trivial (our quotes)
-Commuter/Motivator who has nothing to really motivate
-A one-shot doubler of our power limit which doesn't really do much of anything
-A lategame vig, midgame roleblocker (which probably fails against the strongman making this negative utility), and early-game active-ability-only rolecop (which could not catch any of the scumteam's powers as the scumteam's powers were almost all passives)
-An activated-ascetic motion detector.

None of these aside from the vig carry any power at all, given scum had:
-Free power generator OR Rolestopper (thus, nullifying a vig, nullifying a roleblock, nullifying a track, and shutting down literally any of the town's powers targeting scum, removing what utility they possessed)
-Unlimited-shot JOAT with Watcher/Ninja (bypasses the fucking tracker which is already a weak fucking investigative)/Commuter (bypasses the vigilante, bypasses the tracker)
-Unlimited Gladiator/Modified Redirector (this shit's gamebreakingly powerful in of itself)/Unlimited Strongman.

That you have the gall to call that townsided is atrocious.
The town has ZERO power here--the little power they have has not one, but MULTIPLE built-in counters.
Tracker? Ninja, rolestopper, redirector, and commuter.
Cop? Rolestopper, redirector, and commuter.
Vigilante? Rolestopper, FUCKING REDIRECTOR (WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK HAPPENS IF A TOWN VIGILANTE IS FUCKING REDIRECTED INTO FUCKING KILLING TOWN), and commuter.
Roleblocker? Strongman, Rolestopper, Redirector, and Commuter.
Modified Rolecop? Natural immunity thanks to their active abilities.

And that? That is the ENTIRETY of the town's offensive power.
The town's defensive power? A doctor?
Strongman and Redirector.

Zero defense.
Offense countered by MULTIPLE methods.
That's ridiculous.

Now if you think this is me mitigating the scum's victory because of a flagrantly-scumsided setup, oh no. Not at all. Scum earned the win fair and square I'll freely admit that. And town deserved to lose I won't claim otherwise in fact I'll absolutely insist on it. That doesn't mean the setup was anywhere even remotely close to balanced though. This is definitely, 100%, scumsided.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2107, Ellibereth wrote:Shea's ability cop practically guilties me and panzer becuz we have "scum abilities"
Not by my understanding. They receive ONE, ACTIVE ability. (Which might even have said non-factional?)

You had a non-scum active ability: the gladiate.
Panzer had a non-scum active ability: the watch, and for that matter the commute.

It thus could not catch scum.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Go read our gladiate, its conflated with forced redirect.

They also see all of panzers forms including ninja i think since the active is transforming.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”