XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:15 am

Post by XReyoX »

OMG: I think people are questioning the reason why you used the possibility that people believe you are scum to proof your point in the first place.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Blaze: the problem with your strategy is theres no guarantee there is a doctor. If there is one, it would work, but otherwise you just kill off your cop basically.
I play the games rul gud.
Friend of Old
Friend of Old
Townie
Friend of Old
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:03 am

Post by Friend of Old »

What amuses me here is that OMG has in fact become overdefensive in my opinion. You have gone out of your way to prove the 'I'm 100% not mafia' post was not overdefensive, but in the process of proving your point, I think, you have gone far enough over the top to be called overdefensive.

It is one thing to post a refuting post, and then discuss what else is going on, but every point that comes up you seem to repeat the same thing, to the point of overdefensiveness. In the case of XreyoX's question, you don't need to push that fact that is wasn't overdefensive so much. Elias makes a vaild point in that it was prompting a lurker, but you constantly bang on about your innocence, like I've banged on about the same thing this post.

Also I would like to know why you felt the necessity to say that straight off the bat, nobody was accusing you. I simply can't wrap my head around why you felt you were so threatened. Yes I have read your lengthy discourse on why saying that wasn't defensive, but the timing is what I am questioning.

I'm beginning to feel that this constant noise may in fact be a deflection tactic, plus it really isn't helping with half of the thread being devoted to your protests of innocnece.

FoS: OMG
The [i]FoO[/i] is watching...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 am

Post by XReyoX »

OMG: As mentioned by elias, I asked blaze what he thinks so that I would know his stance on the issue. I appologize for not phrasing the question so that its more open ended( i.e. what you think about omg's post). But other than agreeing with some people who says you're overdefensive or agreeing with you who says peoples are misunderstanding you, I didn't think of a third option where someone can stand.

Elias: I would assume that there is a doc, (see sample town power role by the mod). Of course there is no guarentee that there will be any specific power role at all. There could be ...oh 4 role blockers... but how likely is that? XD
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:23 am

Post by XReyoX »

Blaze: I disagree with using your strategy. The simple fact that lynching is our only chance for eliminating scums and the more important fact that reading the interaction between the lynchee and other people is vital clues make me go against no-lynch.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:24 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I think that everyone is really reading into this entirely too much. It's probably only still being spoken about because no one has anything else to speak about. Hell, this very topic will probably become a focal point of conversation, most likely leading to a "why are you defending?" type of argument.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:24 am

Post by XReyoX »

Important note:

I'm a he, read the gender icon!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:36 am

Post by XReyoX »

Ghost: I understand that it seems people are reading too much into trivial things. It makes me think why people bother defending this and that when they don't really matter. Are they overdefensive? and sometime make me think whether it's scums trying to pick on a town even when people start voting/fosing others for minor things. But I guess it's the way to start the game rolling. I don't tend to read too much at the beginning tho.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:38 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Me neither
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:44 am

Post by XReyoX »

So are you going to join this discussion or not?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 am

Post by GhostWriter »

May as well.

I'd like to ask all of those who hold an FoS or vote to OMG, what would they do if someone was accusing them of being mafia, or cult, and they believed that they were not. Would you defend yourself? Of course, that's a given. Now what if you were accused again? And again? And then accused again, but this time, it's BECAUSE you were accused multiple times, and, get this, you gave the same answer every time?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:30 am

um. thats a weird post. but i understand what youre saying and its exactly the reason I do not believe overdefensiveness is a scumtell, seeing as the only possible response to the accusation is to defend yourself, for which you are attacked further. Therefore whether or not OMG is being overdefensive is a nonissue to me. I dont think its reliable as a scum tell. My town play is built almost entirely on skilled defense.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

XReyoX wrote:OMG: I think people are questioning the reason why you used the possibility that people believe you are scum to proof your point in the first place.
ok

I never considered it a possibility.

Read post 49. I dont understand why this is so hard for you to understand.
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:21 pm

Friend of Old wrote:What amuses me here is that OMG has in fact become overdefensive in my opinion. You have gone out of your way to prove the 'I'm 100% not mafia' post was not overdefensive, but in the process of proving your point, I think, you have gone far enough over the top to be called overdefensive.

It is one thing to post a refuting post, and then discuss what else is going on, but every point that comes up you seem to repeat the same thing, to the point of overdefensiveness. In the case of XreyoX's question, you don't need to push that fact that is wasn't overdefensive so much. Elias makes a vaild point in that it was prompting a lurker, but you constantly bang on about your innocence, like I've banged on about the same thing this post.

Also I would like to know why you felt the necessity to say that straight off the bat, nobody was accusing you. I simply can't wrap my head around why you felt you were so threatened. Yes I have read your lengthy discourse on why saying that wasn't defensive, but the timing is what I am questioning.

I'm beginning to feel that this constant noise may in fact be a deflection tactic, plus it really isn't helping with half of the thread being devoted to your protests of innocnece.

FoS: OMG
i have not yet made a defensive post.

find one post of mine that is defensive at all. i have simply been clarifying my post because somehow people still dont understand it. i have no idea how to make it clearer at this point.
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:53 pm

ok, reyo and anyone else that still doesnt understand what i said, replace what i said with:

"if everyone is 100% sure reyo is mafia/cultist, it STILL makes sense in such a role filled game for us to first discuss tactics. and logic is logic, regardless of anyones role."

it means exactly the same thing. i was talking about the game in general. please just sit back and think about this for five minutes it is really pretty simple. if still confused, reread post 49 and others.

to anyone that says i am being/have been defensive:

defensiveness = you accuse me of something i have done, i refute that and explain why.

clarifying = you dont understand what i have said, i try to explain it to you.

note the difference.
i swear im not mafia
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Picking on OMG for him saying "If I was mafia" seems to me like being desperate, or wanting to frame a townie.

Doesnt men OMG really isnt mafia, its just that what he said first has really nothing scumish, IMHO

Anyway, what is "FoS"?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count
(Page 4)

omg_im_innocent_wtf
– 2 (Elias_the_thief, Norinel)
XreyoX
– 2 (lalaland, omg_im_innocent_wtf)
Blazerunner
– 1 (XreyoX)
militant
– 1 (dahen)
Friend of Old
– 1 (GhostWriter)
Norinel
– 1 (Oman)

Not Voting:
Blazerunner, Friend of Old, GSGold, militant

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch. 6 is a no lynch.
Last edited by curiouskarmadog on Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Unvote

Waste of space.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
lalaland
lalaland
Townie
lalaland
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by lalaland »

FoS is Finger of Suspicion... not a vote, but lets people know that you are suspicious of somebody else.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=81252 ConquerClub.com -- Free online risk game. And there's mafia there, too! [/url]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:25 pm

good contribution lll...

anyways, i am considering voting OMG, mainly based on his hyperactivity, and his quick response to anything anyone says. I dont know why, but it seems scummy to me. And further, different from the two times I've played with him previously, in which he was town twice. The overdefensiveness argument that people are making is BS by the way.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Unvote
since it wasn't ever really a VOTE vote...
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:09 pm

err correction to votecount: im voting for reyo. ive never cast a vote for blaze.

just in case:

Unvote, Vote xReyox

fixed, in the future, please bold corrections if I should make them, thanks
i swear im not mafia
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by dahen »

Blazerunner wrote: 3-About strategy now... Would it be a good strat for the village?
We dont lynch first day, second day the cop claims and gives his report, and doctor protects him.

I think its best not to lynch than killing a townie. But the strat I posted seems risky too, cause on night one, mafia could kill a power role, cultists recruit a townie and day 2 mafia fake claim cop... The scenario doesnt look nice
Why do you suggest this strategy? I assume you don't suggest this in all your games. I also assume that the reason you suggest it is the different nature of this game. But I can't see why a cult game would benefit from your strategy. Please explain your thoughts and reasoning!
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Arg... This is getting irritating. OMG: When did I, Reyo, ever mentioned that I think you are overdefensive? Also, if a message is not going across, its never going to even if you repeat it 10 times in a post. Try a different approach if you must, although I don't think it's necessary.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by XReyoX »

BTW, are you still voting me because I tried to ask blaze to give us some input? I think you're misunderstand me more than the other way round really =_=

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”