Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

OMGUS Vote: Matt_S
, because... he voted for me.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by The Eternal Newb »

Well, at the time I voted, he wasn't likely to get replaced; there were two people who needed replacing and only one replacer.

Now that he's the only one though...
unvote: JDGA

Oh, and I like BigBen's theory.

vote: tEN
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Charity wrote:Hai! Sorry guys vote JDGA
You're going to have to bold votes in the future, otherwise they won't count. I'll let you off this time.

I will try to post or edit in a votecount near the top of every page, just so everyone knows that.

JDGA 3 (andersonw, Tarhalindur, Charity)
The Eternal Newb 3 (Wizardcat, bigbenwd, The Eternal Newb)

bigbenwd 2 (The Goat, Werebear)

Kilroy8675309 1 (Matt_S)
The Goat 1 (noah hanson)
Tarhalindur 1 (Peers)
springlullaby 1 (Serous)
Pyaar 1 (Superfly)
Matt_S 1 (Kilroy8675309)
Last edited by Cephrir on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Serous wrote:Really guys, we're already almost halfway to a lynch, and thi is only page 1. Oh and charity, if you are voting, bold the vote.
Slow things down? No thank you - I don't feel like letting the scum hide in a morass of inactivity, I feel like raising hell and helping the town find scum in the fallout. Your desire to do otherwise is concerning.

Not much, perhaps, but it's the first legitimate scumtell of the game.

Unvote, Vote: Serous

(Side note: this is a 23-player game. A 4-vote bandwagon is nowhere near lynch territory.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Werebear »

I've always hated lurkers... but also know that sometimes people need a break. I've needed a few days sometimes.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Serous
Serous
Townie
Serous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Serous »

I never said that the game needed to slow down, but more like we needed to slow down on our voting until we have a definite scumtell. I like active games.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:Well, at the time I voted, he wasn't likely to get replaced; there were two people who needed replacing and only one replacer.
oh, that's much less scummy 'yeah, this guy won't even have a chance to fight, let's just take a stab in the dark and kill him. hope he's not a doctor.... whoops.'
on another note, voting for yourself to try and say that my argument sucks is dumb.

Also, whoever told you that there are 'definite' scumtells was lying, but I do like the current activity level of the game, doesn't provide a place for lurkers, enough activity for tells, but we can't go so fast as to be halfway to a lynch without having a legitimate discussion. we don't want to have to push RCs onto people too fast.
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

also, sorry for the double, but ceph has me voting for werebear and TEN, my vote is no longer on 'bear.

Fixed.
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:02 am

Oh, that's a dumb way to say you're doing something I find suspicious?

unvote: ten
vote: bigben

Is this way any better?

You're making quite a big deal over somebody who would have been ending up as simply dead weight.

A doctor who never sends in orders is useless.

A mafiate who never sends in orders, on the other hand, is supporting his team simply by existing; they don't need anybody to replace him until several days in, when they're all dead.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Superfly »

bigben wrote: wow, um, let's not bandwagon the guy who doesn't have his role yet? some people have real lives, it's been like 2 days, give him another day or so then let him get replaced. patience young ones. patience. oh, also unvote, Vote the eternal newb for beginng the bandwagon on the easiest most defenseless target perhaps trying to spark a pointless early roleclaim to find more information.
Ten agreed with this
Ten wrote: Oh, and I like BigBen's theory.
but now he says this
You're making quite a big deal over somebody who would have been ending up as simply dead weight.

A doctor who never sends in orders is useless.

A mafiate who never sends in orders, on the other hand, is supporting his team simply by existing; they don't need anybody to replace him until several days in, when they're all dead.
Unvote:Pyaar

Vote: The Eternal Newb

Oh and people should not be allowed to lurk for no reason. RL issues are fine but letting people powerlurk and skip the day is extremely detrimental to the town.
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:39 am

Superfly, do you read or do you skim?

It's been established that me "agreeing" with BigBen was sarcasm.

For those who know me!

My list currently stands at Ben, Fly, and JDGA. More forthcoming when I have more to go off of.
Superfly
Superfly
Goon
Superfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Superfly »

The Eternal Newb wrote:Superfly, do you read or do you skim.

It's been established that me "agreeing" with BigBen was sarcasm.
I understood it was sarcasm. I presented it badly though. My point was that sarcasm is not a very good thing to use in mafia and your second part just seemed scummy to me in general. I just threw it together quickly in that confusing way because I didnt have time and didn't preview it before I posted.
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 am

What was scummy about it?

BigBen was trying to claim that killing an inactive was bad because they
might
be a doctor and I was pointing out that an inactive doctor isn't going to do us any good anyway.

An inactive mafiate, on the other hand, is super-harmful because they could potentially just sit around letting us kill ourselves and pop back in during the endgame.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 am

Post by bigbenwd »

i'm saying killing an inactive is bad because you're looking to kill someone wh can't even defend themselves. we know nothing about this player, and at this point in the game it's MUCH more likely that the player will be pro-town than pro-scum, unless this is a game in which there's more scum than town? I feel like that's a bit out of the ordinary though. he won't just pop back in durng endgame, he'll get replaced at worse, and yes, it amy take a few days. oh no. i'd rather wait for a few days than risk killing a very likely pro town player, so if that counts as scummy, sign me up as being scum. those damn scum and trying to protect the town, who do they think they are?

IF he shows up and stil isn't posting, then yes, that's scumy and he deserves to be looked at, but the guy isn't even here yet.
-Werebear
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:56 am

You're still missing my original point though.

When I first voted for him
we had more people who hadn't confirmed than we did people willing to replace them

Now that that has changed, I am no longer voting for him.

And please don't give me that "more likely to be pro-town" bullshit. Anybody we lynch day one is more likely to be town.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:59 am

Post by bigbenwd »

there's this cool thread in the queue where more people can sign up, i'm sure you've been there, it's a fun place where replacements come from.

also, I agree, anyone we lynch day one is more likely to be pro town hich is why a stab in the dark is just plain dumb, we need to be able to make at least an educated decision
-Werebear
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:43 am

I have never seen a day one "educated decision" turn up scum.

I have seen random lynches turn up scum on day one though.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Matt_S »

Page 2 and people are already getting at it?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:27 am

Baffling, yes?

My theory, JDGA is scum, and his buddy, BigBen, being the excitable person that he is, reacted over-strongly and convinced his other buddy Superfly to back him up.

Oh, I'd like to change my earlier statement.

I've never seen a day one educated lynch kill scum when I wasn't involved.

And yes, I have lurked my fair share of games.
Kilroy8675309
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Kilroy8675309
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Kilroy8675309 »

I'm typically for a random lynch D1, especially with no night before the game, because otherwise it just drags on with pointless arguments and conversation, and gets really dull.
If children cause accidents in the backseat, and accidents in the backseat cause children, which came first?

"My point is, make people explain themselves." --RafK
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:54 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote: Wizardcat
OMG! Espeon is my idol!
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:I have never seen a day one "educated decision" turn up scum.

I have seen random lynches turn up scum on day one though.
how long you been here again? play more games and tell me that you can't get scum pinned day one. I'll never forget the game where Jepp predicted 3/4 scum after one page of 'random' votes, it was incredible. now i'm not saying i'm as good as JEEP, never have been never will be. however, it's definately possible to get an educated decision day one, don't ever think otherwise, then you'll just go lynching willy-nilly and lose.

also, way to meta-game me pinning me as an excitable person even though I haven't played here for about 3 years, and who the hell is superfly?

tEN is spouting random theories based on nothing out his ass while my only reason for voting him is that he started a bandwagon on a defensless player precisely because he was defenseless. if not scummy, that's just a horrible idea.

anywho, that's my two cents, i'm gonna take the backseat and see what you quiet people have to say about all this.
-Werebear
The Eternal Newb
The Eternal Newb
Townie
The Eternal Newb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 pm

how long you been here again?
Ah, yes, because this is the only place ever where anybody plays mafia.

Wizzle recognized me, and I've gamed with Cephrir before. Some of the other people might recognize me, but I don't recognize them.

And if you're not supposed to pay attention to how specific people play then that's extremely silly.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even going to respond to that.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Werebear »

Oh gods.. I remember that game. Jeep called all the shots, who was whom, it floored everyone playing.

I personally much prefer lynching a lurker than lynching someone who hasn't logged in yet. I'd prefer to replace someone who dropped out. There is a chance of lynching a scum who never checked in, but there's almost as much chance of lynching a cop who never checked in.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Pyaar
Pyaar
Townie
Pyaar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Pyaar »

Sorry for not posting for so long. I'm new here.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”