Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote Count 4

Blazerunner [6] (the silent speaker, Greggo, armlx, mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
mnowax [2] (curiouskarmadog, springlullaby)
the silent speaker [1] (Blazerunner)
Greggo [1] (ZaneWasHere)

Not Voting [5]: mypenguinkat, Occult, Ration, stark, Yosarian2

4 top of page vote counts in a row? I give myself mad props. It probably would extend, but some jerk will ruin it for number 5 just to ruin it. And here am I doing you a service...

Mmm, I think Ration may needs replacing. I'll look into that.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

vollkan replaces Ration.
Do not lynch me.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by vollkan »

Hello everyone.

Unvote
if I am.

I will reread and post thoughts imminently.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Post by vollkan »

Page 1

Ordinary random voting down to where mwaxsays:
mnowax wrote: not voting everyone cause you all look scummy.
This is the sort of comment I would expect from a newbie, but mno has been here two years - so this is most peculiar. CKD and spring vote mwax, looks to be for mno's weird comment.

Page 2

Weird vote from TSS:
TSS wrote: Vote: blazerunner for being second on the armlx wagon.
Being second is inherently scummy because? Occult raises the good point that TSS didn't kick up a stink about the second vote on mwax. Blaze makes a really dodgy point suggesting pre-emptive lynching of power roles to prevent recruitment. Yos2 blasts this. Blaze then retreats a little and suggests that, if a power role is cornered, it will be unlikely that town will lynch a CL. Aside from the probability problem with this which Yos raises, I don't like that blaze suggests:
blaze wrote: But perhaps lynching is really not a good idea, we might just remember "that guy claimed and probably was already recruited" and lynch him after the recruiter.
Aside from the fact that lynching the CL is unlikely, the setting up of lynches that blaze proposes is deeply flawed. Needless to say, if, as a rule, the claimer is to be lynched after the death of CL, then it follows that cult ought not to recruit the claimer. Thus, the proposal is anti-town if applied.

TSS flips the onus of proof:
TSS wrote: Actually, I have a perfectly good reason for focusing on the armlx bandwagon rather than the mnowax one. And even if I didn't, I can only cast one vote, so you need to show a reason why armlx is less deserving of attention than mnowax
Aside from the vagary of the "reason", it's slippery to say that other people need to prove that it is wrong of TSS to focus on just the armlx wagon. He's the one that's asserting that armlx is somehow more worthy of attention. Thus, I hold him to account to explain his opinion.

Blaze brings up the issue of lynching claimed townies so they don't get cultified. This came up in Mini 500 - Cult Mafia, a cult game where I was mafia. IIRC, this idea was very firmly placed into the "Anti-town Ideas" pile.

Blaze casts a vote for TSS on the basis of "aggression". This sort of justification for a vote a pet hate of mine (along with "too emotional", "overly-defensive", etc.) By the looks of this post, and subsequent comments, it looks like you are basing this on the "needs to die" thing. I agree, it is a weird thing to say, but some people are more exuberant than others in this game. I don't see how you can treat this as a scumtell without meta evidence.

I don't like viking's advocacy of lyncing claimed townies. He relies on a dubious assumption about setup to justify this. Even if this assumption were correct, the "lynch all recruits" logic doesn't progress anywhere, as armlx points out. He seems to have a misunderstanding of the setup, however, based on later comments.

Blaze retracts his advocacy of lynching townies

I really dislike mwax suggesting that vanilla's should lurk.

After reading the armlx-blaze exchange, I dislike armlx's suggestion that blaze shows he has some knowledge about the game (at least more than his ideas would suggest) based on...the fact that Blaze knows what wifom is. That's the only evidence he gives to suggest knowledge of the game when, in fact, newbies can very easily be exposed to the concept of wifom (it isn't exactly a complex idea). It looks like armlx is trying to paint blaze as less of a newb.

Page 4

mwax declares that blaze killed DGB. Unless mwax is being stupid, this looks like a tracker or watcher claim. Hmm...Mwax later says that blaze "slipped and said something that confrimed something. I can not say why, but, or how i know, but he is not beneficial to the town."
Mwax wrote: no there is not. If the came upon this information he let go by accident, then i have also opened myself wide open.
The difficulty here is that the above post seems to be a qualifier from Mwax himself on the certainty of what he has said regarding blaze. However, any further probing into mwax
might
amount to role-fishing and may result in information leakage.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Even if Mnowax did see blaze kill DGB, I'm not sure that's a reason to lynch Blaze today. Again, would we really want to kill a SK today? It seems like that would help the cult(s) more then the town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mnowax, please explain why you said I killed DGB. If you are claiming to have investigated/tracked as armlx an Yosarian2 understood, you are diggin your own grave and you know it.

If not, nvm this post
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 am

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote: After reading the armlx-blaze exchange, I dislike armlx's suggestion that blaze shows he has some knowledge about the game (at least more than his ideas would suggest) based on...the fact that Blaze knows what wifom is. That's the only evidence he gives to suggest knowledge of the game when, in fact, newbies can very easily be exposed to the concept of wifom (it isn't exactly a complex idea). It looks like armlx is trying to paint blaze as less of a newb.
Voll, the example you cite was after I made the argument, and I commented on it as it occurred.. The real one I cited in first making the argument was his attack on TSS, especially how he points out minutia like "Blaze must die" as odd things.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 am

Post by armlx »

Also,
Unvote
for now. L-2 is way to close for things to be ATM.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Guardian »

stark has picked up his prod. I'll give mypenguinkat a few more days.
Do not lynch me.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mod, I posted this a while ago

Blazerunner wrote:Speaking about hammer,
I have a question to mod
: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
Even with some unvotes, I would still like to know about twilight. I believe you might not have seen this question as I didnt bold it and was in the middle of a long post. Id jus like to know if there is twilight in your games, and how long. If you cant give me that info, just say it, too
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Guardian »

If someone is lynched while I'm here, twilight will last just so long as it takes for me to check the thread. Norinel can respond about his policy.
Do not lynch me.
mypenguinkat
mypenguinkat
Townie
mypenguinkat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by mypenguinkat »

i am in but i am still trying to catch up.
FOS mnowax
because of the soft claim.
Kat
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by vikingfan »

hellooooooo...we've got way too many people lurking in a game this size. Still happy with my vote currently.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

I don't really get what the big deal is about what I said. I think Blazerunner is scum, thus I want to lynch him, thus I feel that best play for the town is to make him die.

I have seen nothing to make me want to change my vote, and mnowax's statement inclines me to keep it where it is.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:24 am

Post by vollkan »

@TSS: Can you restate all the evidence/arguments you have against blaze?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:13 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

going to be gone this weekend, going to attempt to get caught up next week.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:10 am

Post by armlx »

vollkan wrote:@TSS
and Mnowax
: Can you restate all the evidence/arguments you have against blaze?
Fixed.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Guardian »

Greggo
mnowax
malthusis
Occult
springlullaby
stark
ZaneWasHere

Are being prodded.
Do not lynch me.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:51 am

Post by mnowax »

sorry about the down time from me. Like i sad before i know that blaze killed DGB. i cannot say why i know, but i can with relative certainty. He said something before that confirmed my suspicions and information and deductions that i have now.
Sure one more time for fun.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

So, Blaze did you kill DGB?

Let me clarify something before you answer; you don't need to clarify and say if you're a vig or a SK. In fact, I'd rather you didn't specificy, because that way the cult won't know if they can recruit you, and either way we shouldn't lynch you today. However, if you say no, and we later discover Mnowax was telling the truth, I'll have to assume you're a cult leader that tried to recruit her or something, so lying is not in your best interest here.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:32 am

Post by springlullaby »

Unvote

Can cult leaders kill and recruit on the same night?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:33 am

Post by springlullaby »

Also, Blaze, what do you think of mnowax?
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Occult »

Bah.

I don't like MNO, but i don't know if hes a good lynch for today.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

springlullaby wrote:
Unvote

Can cult leaders kill and recruit on the same night?
Nope.
mod's post wrote:
You are the [cultname] Cult Leader. Every night, you may attempt to recruit one player into your cult or kill one player.
It's also true that if multiple cult recruiters try to recruit the same person, that person dies. However, in this case, I tend to think the most likely scenerio is that DGB was either vigged or killed by the SK.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Norinel wrote:
The Setup:

•Vigs and SKs kill with guns, and their victims are listed as "shot". Cults kill with orbital lasers, and their victims are listed as "burnt to a crisp". If someone's killed multiple times simultaneously, they're all listed, like "shot twice and burnt to a crisp".
Norinel wrote:[/b]Dead (1/16):

DrippingGoofball (Townie) - shot Night 1 [/b]
So, unless there is something I missed, DGB was killed by either the SK or vig.
Yosarian2 wrote:So, Blaze did you kill DGB?
springlullaby wrote:Also, Blaze, what do you think of mnowax?
mnowax wrote:Like i sad before i know that blaze killed DGB. i cannot say why i know, but i can with relative certainty. He said something before that confirmed my suspicions and information and deductions that i have now.
I am wondering what is it I said that confirms anything you already had. Let me explain.

I didnt kill DGB. In fact, I didnt even visit at night. I am not saying whether I visited someone else, what is my role, or even if perhaps I didnt visit anyone. What I am saying is that I didnt go to DGB's house. So, whatever is the reason mnowax has, if he tries to back it up with info from an investigative role, it is a [red]lie[/red].

If he says I killed him because he is a tracker and saw me visiting DGB, he is lying.
If he says I killed him because he is a watcher and went to watch DGB's house and I went there too, he is lying.
If he says I killed him because he is a cop, and investigated me, and came up as guilty, he is lying, because, as I said before, the killer was either a SK or a vig, and both investigate as town.
Norinel wrote:You are a Serial Killer. Each night, you may kill someone. You are completely immune to investigations and cult recruitment, and the first attempt to kill you at night will fail.

You win when you are the last person standing.
To be continued on next post...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”