mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:50 am

Post by mathcam »

Very cool setup. I like it, especially the balancing.

Yeah, I was wondering about that "marvin is guilty" thing when I read it up above...didn't Bane "clear" Marvin? Oh well...that was fortunate.

Yeah, in hindsight, I can't believe we were talked out of lynching Leo as soon as he claimed the misspelled role. Especially after he didn't back down and say "Oh, I copied it from my PM wrong", but isntead argued "Yeah, maybe there's two." And of course, this is all ignoring the fact that I should have known what his role was. Oops.

Criticisms...none that I can think of.

Cam
shelper
shelper
Moxious
shelper
Moxious
Moxious

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:57 am

Post by shelper »

Leo, may i ask why you choose to kill me.
Surely there were more dangerous players then myself?
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:43 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Now that the game is finally over I can reveal something Werebear left out. During day 2 bane sent me a private message about the game. I responded to it and then sent the following message to Werebear:

bane sent me a private message, and I wasn't really sure what to do about it. So I thought I'd ask the mod.
I wrote:
bane221 wrote: Hey, I really don't wanna start turning a game into a fight so let me say a couple things. First, look at Robots Among Us, I do talk. I'm not talking much in this one for various game-related reasons and I'm pretty sure discussing them in a PM would be a giant cheat label. Point is, take this as a polite "let's truce" or as a rude "lay off" but either way I'm not turning a game into a fight.
My response was this:
PolarBoy wrote: Look, I think this was somewhat out of line for a couple of reasons. One is that you're discussing an uncompleted game out-of-thread. Another is that you're using another uncompleted game as a precedent. Realize that, for all I know, you could be evil in robots and that this is simply how you act when evil. Occam's razor cuts both ways in this case. Your consistency could be one way or the other. I don't want to hear any more, as I beleive it would be a violation of game rules to continue this discussion. Just remember, mafia is a game that sometimes looks like a fight. People are going to accuse you of things you haven't done, and you need to let it roll right off your back.
What do you think should be done?

Oh yeah, tonight I'm killing bane.
A couple of things happened because of this. One was that Werebear missed my night action. That was really my fault for slipping it in at the bottom of another message. He explained that all later in the thread, so I won't bore you with it anymore. He also put a reminder in the thread at that time that players should not correspond outside of the thread.

The other thing that happened as a result of this is that I became 100% sure that bane was a member of the mafia(I hate when I'm 100% sure, and wrong), for reasons that I stated in the thread, and for one other that I haven't told anybody till now.

Foolster41 and I frequently discuss games that we are playing or modding with each-other(Only, of course, games that we are not both involved in) so I was completely aware that bane was actually a member of the revolution in that game. I figured, if his behavior is consistent, then it stands to reason that his role is too.

I hate when that happens.

I've gotta say, I really enjoyed reading the last couple of days. The endgame was really cool. Leonidas, you scare me.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:22 am

Post by Leonidas »

Werebear:

Your game was not only great (I mean, like, outstanding):

- The setting was superb, and subtle. I loved the idea of making the Restaurant a trap for the party, with the staff being the mafia. Brilliant.

- The roles were funny. (cf. Kerplunk-Marvin, Dish-Of-The-Day,...).

- The descriptions were really Douglas-Adams like, well-written, and entertaining.

In short: you're in the same league as DP as a mod, (the LMWRLM - league of mods who rock like maniacs). Enough said. I hate compliments. ;)

Shelper:
Sorry Shelper. I killed you because I chose someone who was unlikely to be protected by a doc... Nothing personal. Just business... :D
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:20 pm

Post by Werebear »

Thanks, Leonidas, it means a lot. I'll try to maintain standards in upcoming games. :)
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:41 am

Post by MeMe »

Now closed
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”