Newbie 594: (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:27 am

Post by Atticus »

Oh, I never did answer that question, did I? I guess that makes me somewhat of a hypocrite, but not really.

You should think I am town if you look at my past games. I am usually rather indecisive, lurky, and generally unhelpful. Most of the time regardless of my role (One game, however, I was a dayvig and became extremely paranoid of crappy player Battle Mage, and shot a few other people too). So that shouldn't really help you in deciding if I am town, but please don't call me scum just based on the reasons stated above. That's who I is.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

split9102 wrote:Actually, the double post was a glitch in the forum.
It wasn't that that was being referred to, but the fact that you said what me and Battousai had said just a few posts up.
Atticus wrote:Oh, I never did answer that question, did I? I guess that makes me somewhat of a hypocrite, but not really.

You should think I am town if you look at my past games. I am usually rather indecisive, lurky, and generally unhelpful. Most of the time regardless of my role (One game, however, I was a dayvig and became extremely paranoid of crappy player Battle Mage, and shot a few other people too). So that shouldn't really help you in deciding if I am town, but please don't call me scum just based on the reasons stated above. That's who I is.
It's too late to bother with the question anymore, it was just a nice way of trying to get an opinion on the posting style of new players. I put you in the middle, not having anything to suspect you on, and somewhat likened by the fact you seem to be actually analyzing posts and searching for scum. Why are you at the middle then? Because it seems that your playstyle is the same whether you are town or scum, and the possibility that you are a good scum player is out there.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Battousai »

Hey blackwolf, how do you feel about my FOS of Atticus and then post responding to Zu's vote of me?
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Eh, just wanted to see reactions.

Although zu_faul hasn't posted since then anyways, at least I got reactions from 5 different people.

Seems I get a vote, too...
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Your FOS seems to be suspicions about his playstyle?
You called him lurking, but he seems to be posting. Although they're only one-liners the majority of the time....

Zu's vote leads me to believe he finds that suspicious...

Eh, he has a reason for voting you, and you're nowhere near being lynched, so it's not really a big deal.
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by gorillaman »

Nocmen wrote:gorillaman ... says Atticus is a bit overdefensive, and then gets into some talk about whether roles are randomized or not.
You've misread my posts - neither of those statements are correct.
Battousai wrote:Pot calling the kettle black, eh?
Nocmen wrote:As pointed out, you have not made many other posts either.
split9102 wrote:If you are voting for him from a lack of posts, what makes you special? You barely posted at all.
Tu quoque. If somebody's accused of doing something scummy, that isn't invalidated just because the accuser has done the same thing. If you agree that it's suspicious, mark them both down, if not, neither. I approve of zu_Faul's play so far, so I would have preferred a defence along the lines that he hasn't made as many posts as others, but they've all been relevant and productive. BlackWolf, don't be so easily swayed - be sure your case has really been answered before you unvote.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

gorillaman wrote:
Nocmen wrote:gorillaman ... says Atticus is a bit overdefensive, and then gets into some talk about whether roles are randomized or not.
You've misread my posts - neither of those statements are correct.
Overdefensive:
gorillaman wrote:That was a bit more defensive than necessary. Second paragraph's pretty convincing; I can think of an explanation but obviously that's Atticus' job to give.
Randomizing roles:
gorillaman wrote: Battousai was FoSing you in part for the randomising thing, I only wanted to say that it did indeed seem unusual, that I could think of a reason why you might not have understood that, but it wasn't my place to explain your posts for you. Are you saying you were conscious all along that it's standard practice to randomise roles?
So, mind explaining what you mean by neither of my statements are correct?
gorillaman
gorillaman
Goon
gorillaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 am

Post by gorillaman »

I noted that Battousai was being defensive, not Atticus, for your first statement, and I was talking about Batt's FoS and Atticus' understanding of the rules for the second, not whether the roles were randomised.

Now I'm calling you overdefensive - why is your first reaction to argue with me, rather than reading the posts again to see where you'd gone wrong?
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
Battousai (2): Zu_faul, split9102
silence (1): Atticus
BlackWolf (1): Nocmen

Not voting (5): silence, Rickeon, BlackWolf, gorillaman, Battousai

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote: BlackWolf
: You vote someone for not posting, yet that was your first post besides your confirm. Then you unvote when 3 people basically said the last sentence to you (showing a want to appease the town and appear less scummy), then you play it off as a way to get a reaction out of everyone.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

gorillaman wrote:I noted that Battousai was being defensive, not Atticus, for your first statement, and I was talking about Batt's FoS and Atticus' understanding of the rules for the second, not whether the roles were randomised.

Now I'm calling you overdefensive - why is your first reaction to argue with me, rather than reading the posts again to see where you'd gone wrong?
For some reason, I definitely read the wrong post before I went and said that. It was my confusion with the time stamps and looking at each players posts player-by-player.

The second though can be hard to decipher, I can see the meaning you were trying to get, but not until now. Over the first few reads it just seems like you are asking if he should expect the roles to be random.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:07 am

Post by zu_Faul »

BlackWolf wrote:Eh, just wanted to see reactions.
If you want to see my reaction, why don't you wait for me to show up before unvoting?

Has Rickenon already posted in this game? I don't think so.

I get protown vibes off of silence.
gorillaman seems rather scummy, though I didn't get what Nocmen meant with "overdefensive" in that one post. gorillaman was defending someone else. Nocmen should have answered the question proposed by gorillaman.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Nocmen »

Rickenon's last post was a week ago, and he has 3 posts total, two of which were complaing about how my question was worthless.

silence...I don't know. He only has 4 posts total, one of which was a confirm, so it's hard to tell. And his last post left a bad taste on me.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Atticus »

Nocmen wrote:It's too late to bother with the question anymore, it was just a nice way of trying to get an opinion on the posting style of new players.
Yeah, I really just answered it out of principle.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Atticus »

Oh, and
Unvote
Rickeon
Rickeon
Townie
Rickeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 am

Post by Rickeon »

zu_Faul wrote:
If you want to see my reaction, why don't you wait for me to show up before unvoting?

gorillaman seems rather scummy, though I didn't get what Nocmen meant with "overdefensive" in that one post. gorillaman was defending someone else. Nocmen should have answered the question proposed by gorillaman.
I've posted. I've been following the game fairly closely, I just haven't seen anything I could say that's actually worth saying.

I suppose I should force myself to talk more, but nothing so far seems overly notable..
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Nocmen »

Rickeon wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:

I've posted. I've been following the game fairly closely, I just haven't seen anything I could say that's actually worth saying.

I suppose I should force myself to talk more, but nothing so far seems overly notable..
Like I've already said once in this game(not to you), there has to be something you can at least comment on. Anything, doesn't need to be "that makes _____ look scummy".
BlackWolf
BlackWolf
Goon
BlackWolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by BlackWolf »

Zu_FaulI didn't need to see your reaction in particular...anything interesting that came up would be good.

It at least gives me something about other people...

Now, since you said you would answer questions, Bat...
Why didn't you vote for me on Post 77 if you found me that suspicious? Why wait till now?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Battousai »

I was holding my vote until I had something else to add on, like your post 78. That made you stand out more in my eyes.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by zu_Faul »

unvote, Vote: Rickenon

Now you have something to comment on.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 am

Post by silence »

Nocmen wrote:There is a difference between a weak player and a scummy player. To me, the weakest link is the person who looks the most open to attack, for bs reasons.
Should have answered this earlier. Misunderstanding/different use of words on my part, I would have defined weak rather as 'in greatest danger to get lynched' - person open to attack only for bs reasons isn't really too weak as those reasons won't get him killed. But with the definition you gave - of course we want to kill the scummiest rather than the 'weakest' player.
Rickeon
Rickeon
Townie
Rickeon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Rickeon »

zu_Faul wrote:

Who does?
There's no one named Rickenon in this game.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Nocmen »

Rickeon wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:

Who does?
There's no one named Rickenon in this game.
You know what he meant.
silence wrote:
Nocmen wrote:There is a difference between a weak player and a scummy player. To me, the weakest link is the person who looks the most open to attack, for bs reasons.
Should have answered this earlier. Misunderstanding/different use of words on my part, I would have defined weak rather as 'in greatest danger to get lynched' - person open to attack only for bs reasons isn't really too weak as those reasons won't get him killed. But with the definition you gave - of course we want to kill the scummiest rather than the 'weakest' player.
That still confuses me. If you want to attack the person who is in greatest danger of getting lynched, you have to beleive the arguments put forth towards why they should be lynched. If not, then it's just wagoning.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:22 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Unvote, Vote Rickeon
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:24 am

Post by zu_Faul »

BlackWolf wrote:Zu_FaulI didn't need to see your reaction in particular...anything interesting that came up would be good.

It at least gives me something about other people...

Now, since you said you would answer questions, Bat...
Why didn't you vote for me on Post 77 if you found me that suspicious? Why wait till now?
Shouldn't you try to get as many reactions as possible?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”