starkmoon
Mafia Scum
starkmoon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:38 am

Post by starkmoon »

vote encryptor

I missed a lot of the start of day... sorry guys. Been lying in bed convinced I am dying.
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

Post by armlx »

Why the hell are we giving the mafia a vig. The encryptor shouldn't screw us up unless we let it, the vig is a fricking blow out. The 1 mislynch = 2 vig shots doesnt take into account us not being dumb and the fact the night phase lets our roles work too.

Vote Encryptor
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 am

Post by q21 »

Alright I am convinved.

Unvote: vig; Vote: Encryptor

I guess that lack of rolecop almost cuts the encryptor's powers in half.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Mellowed Man »

vote: encryptor
I am striving to improve my Mafia Skills (which I have none atm)
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:56 am

Post by JDodge »

That should be 10. And I already know where my D1 vote is going. Hooray!
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 am

Post by q21 »

Should be. Do is there a night now, or do we go straight into day 1 or what?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:59 am

Post by q21 »

Don't ask me what the "Do in the second sentence is for... I don't know.

Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Patrick »

Final Votecount

2 shot vig (3) -- Coron, Marmalade, Ether
Encryptor (10) -- JDodge, ashmite84, Incognito, Dave, babygirl86, Flameaxe, Starkmoon, armlx, q21, Mellowed Man

18 alive, 10 to choose.

Godfather, 3 shot roleblocker and Encryptor have been given to the mafia. The mafia have up to 48 hours to talk amongst themselves and choose who gets what ability and who remains a goon. I'll call this night 0, even though no nightactions are taking place.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Patrick »

The mafia have chosen their hierarchy, so the terms of the battle ahead have been completely decided. It's time to get to lynching.

Day 1. With 18 players alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. Deadline is May the 13th. Go and beat the other team.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Coron »

Vote: StarkMoon
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Ether »

Vote: Incognito
, of course.

Q21, why the change of heart?
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by q21 »

Ether wrote:
, of course.

Q21, why the change of heart?
People's comments along the way had made me start to question whether I was right to be worried about the Encryptor. I finally got a chance to read some of PYP 2, including the post game talk. The scum in that game admitted that the daytalk had hurt them. While that didn't prove to me that daytalk will always hurt the scum it did change my view to: Daytalk is as likely to hurt he scum as help them. A vig will always help he scum, so I changed my vote.

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Bandwagon ahoy!

If you give us a list of your scumbuddies now, we'll consider letting you live. We already know that Mr. Incrediball is one, but you could still save us a lot of time by telling us who the other two are.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Vote: q21
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by q21 »

In my defence:... bite me...

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

You know what would help your case, q21? Helping get Incogniscum lynched.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by q21 »

Thing is, from his grand total of three posts I'm not sure why some of you seem to think he's evil. IS it because of his apparent nonchalance about which roles the scum get?

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

First of all, there's his scummy, useless statement that it doesn't matter what powers the scum have. Not only is this statement totally incorrect, it also seems like a lame justification for 1) voting for the rolecop, and 2) not actually contributing any reasons for voting the way he did. His throw-in mention that the vig was somehow an exception to this statement (why, exactly?) looks like an attempt to seem like he actually is contributing something.

And then there's his second post, which is a hilariously bad attempt at excusing any "OMGUS" by claiming (ludicrously) that he's for some reason especially likely to be targetted by scum. Uh, yeah, sure.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by q21 »

Okay, the inconsistency in his first post makes this a decent bandwagon.

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by Incognito »

Sarcastro wrote:First of all, there's his scummy, useless statement that it doesn't matter what powers the scum have. Not only is this statement totally incorrect, it also seems like a lame justification for 1) voting for the rolecop, and 2) not actually contributing any reasons for voting the way he did. His throw-in mention that the vig was somehow an exception to this statement (why, exactly?) looks like an attempt to seem like he actually is contributing something.
I stand by my statement. It really
doesn't
matter what power roles the scum have as long as the town does a good job of scum hunting and remaining active within the game. The exception to that (as I mentioned in my first post) is the two-shot vigilante. Reasoning: The two-shot vig allows for the scum to take down more members of the town in a shorter period of time.

You've used vague terms to describe my first post like "scummy", "useless", and "incorrect" but failed to provide reasoning as to why it's scummy, useless, and incorrect. I'm assuming that's coming soon?
Sarcastro wrote:And then there's his second post, which is a hilariously bad attempt at excusing any "OMGUS" by claiming (ludicrously) that he's for some reason especially likely to be targetted by scum. Uh, yeah, sure.
Meta-game me and look for instances where I've been accused of being scum while I was aligned on the side of the town. You'll see that a pretty good majority of those times the scum themselves were doing the accusing.
q21 wrote:Okay, the inconsistency in his first post makes this a decent bandwagon.
Good luck with that. You're a moron for following along with a bandwagon and argument that has no actual substance.

Vote: Coron

Obvscum trying too hard to push for the acquisition of a two-shot vig.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Coron »

Incognito wrote:
Vote: Coron

Obvscum trying too hard to push for the acquisition of a two-shot vig.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Elmo »

omgus is fun kids
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Incognito wrote:I stand by my statement. It really
doesn't
matter what power roles the scum have as long as the town does a good job of scum hunting and remaining active within the game. The exception to that (as I mentioned in my first post) is the two-shot vigilante. Reasoning: The two-shot vig allows for the scum to take down more members of the town in a shorter period of time.
No, Incognito, that doesn't explain your ridiculous assertion. Obviously the power roles
do
matter. Our power roles give us an advantage, and to say "Oh, it doesn't matter if the scum interfere with them, because we can win without them" is utterly ridiculous. I can only assume that that's your logic, by the way, because your "reasoning" doesn't explain anything except that *gasp* the vig is bad. Why don't you first explain why you don't think the scum having a daycop decreases our chances of winning the game?
Incognito wrote:You've used vague terms to describe my first post like "scummy", "useless", and "incorrect" but failed to provide reasoning as to why it's scummy, useless, and incorrect. I'm assuming that's coming soon?
"Useless" and "incorrect" are vague? How, exactly? "Useless" means that is without use. It does not contribute anything. It is unhelpful. I thought I made this rather clear. "Incorrect" means it is not correct. How is that vague? "Scummy" is indeed vague on its own, but I didn't just declare your post scummy with no explanation, did I?
Incognito wrote:Meta-game me and look for instances where I've been accused of being scum while I was aligned on the side of the town. You'll see that a pretty good majority of those times the scum themselves were doing the accusing.
I don't really care if scum happened to try to get you lynched once. Can you show me a meaningful trend of scum targetting you more than usual? Are you certain that this amazing claim (scum, numerically fewer, are more likely to find you scummy than town) is actually true? Can you postulate some reason why this might be so? Why do the scum single you out so? Why would I know to target you?

Stop trying to justify bullshit OMGUS.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”