elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PF can you explain how you came to these conclusions and how you assigned the numbers?

And where do you think you would fit in here?
PokerFace wrote:I wrote the following at work today. I basically did some math based on my point of view as I read the thread during break at work.
These charts may change based on Quag/Marm and CEScum's alignments, and me being alive Day 8 or not. You should probably trust your own logic first before relying on mine if I am indeed dead.
The numbers at the bottom are a bit different than I thought they'd be when I started writing this.

Suspect list in order of individual scuminess:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 Skitzer
4 Flameaxe
5 Elvis
6 NabNab

Suspect list based on connections only to Surye:
1 Quag/Marm
2 CEScum
3 NabNab
4 Elvis
5 Flameaxe
6 Skitzer

Suspect list based on connections only to Yosarian:
1 Quag/Marm
2 Elvis
3 NabNab
4 Flameaxe
5 Skitzer
6 CEScum

Considering the rankings as numbers then the scummiest overall here would be the lowest score:
3 Quag/Marm
10 CEScum
11 Elvis
12 NabNab
13 Flameaxe
14 Skitzer

Pending alignments I'll change/drop some numbers and hopefully have to add one more chart to see who still has the lowest score. If i am dead I trust NabNab to do the vote counting.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:45 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I'll be basically free up 'till deadline; it seems to me that the 20th or 21st should be the best time for striking.

To be perfectly honest, this isn't looking too bad for the town. Out of the three possible pairings for dynamiting, only one will cause us to lose, and we should hopefully be able to catch the scum who's trying to push it.

If were to explode right now, I'd probably take elvis with me, but I really want to consider my position on PF (and probably reread the Long Night) before I would do any of that.

Poker/Elvis, who would you dynamite?
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure yet who I would dynamite. I'd like to hear from PF about his rankings first... maybe some other things before I make a decision.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ALIGHT

--

Players in
orange
have been alight for more than 24 hours and may make a Dynamite attack on anyone.

Deadline: 9am BST 25th June.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok then strike a light day is the 21st. I'll either get on and do it late friday night or do it the morning of the 21st. This variable is dependent on how drunk i get Friday and what time I wake up the next day.

Since my suspicion of quag was totally off I have pretty much thrown those charts out. I thought I could salvage something earlier but I have not found much to salavage.

As stated in the post where the charts were made I was at work so most of the chart was on gut and what I had time to skim while not being caught at work. You can pretty much guess my supicions about CEScum and quagmire just look at what I posted on days 6 and 7. Skitzer had been lurking and individually scummy but considering Yosarian and Surye's comments towards him I had trouble seeing him as scum with them. Yosarian and Surye both pushed heavy on them.

Flameaxe lurked alot and briefly mentioned yosarian and surye. Here is part of the big post I was writing pretaining to all that.
Telling reactions between Flamaxe and the dead scum.
Flameaxe wrote:Surye and Yos.
Flameaxe wrote:Nothing has changed. Yos/Surye. Go boom. Happy happy.

Wee?
This is his only post about them, and this happening is impossible since they both scum. Yosarian often attack lurkers which was either distancing or distraction. It could have been both for if flameaxe died earlier and flipped scum that would bring some truth to Yosarians reasons on lurkers

Also I did read one game where Flameaxe was lazy as scum and rarely voted.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7691
His comments didn't greatly link him to or destroy any links he had with the scum so I considered him to be at middle level back then for the most part in those charts.

As far as you two I have seen you guys fairly town since neither of you have done anything blantantly individually scummy. Only reason I see Elvis as more likly scum than NabNab is because NabNab was on that late night. I consider that action a bit of a town tell. As far as Elvis striking a light day one, NabNab/armlx was not around then so I'm considering that a null issue atm since I can't compare you based on that.

As far as connections you two had to Yosarian and Surye. NabNab never voted Surye and pushed for kuribo to go off more so. NabNab and Yosarian had some pretty stong pushes on each other.
Yosarian2 wrote:Hmmm...

Looking at the end of the day yesterday, I don't really like NN's behavior. It kind of feels like he's looking for some alternative to the Suyve bandwagon; first he goes after me, then just about the time when it becomes obveous I'm completly willing to blow him up he backs down and goes after kuribo.
vote:NabakovNabakov
In this post they have strong interactions attacking each other. Yosarian wanted NabNab dead now that Yos "was" in the "clear". That would not normally be the time to bus your scum buddy. Also this post
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 36#1050236
I don't think NabNab would need to bus yos2 that strongly at that stage over Surye. This post kinda came out of left field considering other posts by NabNab and others back then.

As far as Elvis goes I don't think Surye ever mentioned Elvis. If i'm wrong please correct me and Elvis did vote him once Surye had not gone kaboom. So no real strong or weak conection either way there. Elvis also made a push on Yosarian over CEScum at some points.
Yosarian2 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
Talking down to other players always rubs me the wrong way.
I'm not talking down to him. I'm quite serious. I know he's a good player, and I don't think there's any way that a player of his caliber could really be convinced that someone is scum just because I thought there were 2 nights instead of 3, or becuase I used a rolly-eye-face (which is not only an absurd scumtell, it's also something I use a lot in pretty much every game I've ever played ever). Ergo, if that's all he's got, I think he's scum trying to manufacture a false case, which is why I'm voting for him.

I say CES and Yos blow each other up.
:roll:

So, does that mean you agree with me that CES is probably scum trying to manufacture a case, or not? Because if you do, then why do you want me dead, exactally?
This post comes off as though Yosarian is being defensive to acusation from Elvis. It looks like he is trying to get her to vote someone else.

As far as where I'd go on those charts I'd rather you guys said where you think I would go since I feel odd examining myself. You guys can say how individually scummy I was if you want. I define individually scummy as general actions that make you scumy without noting connections to known scum.

If you insist about Surye and Yosarian connections, I was first on the Surye wagon on the day when he did get blown up. But the day before that I did move to the sarcastro wagon because of my earlier suspicions on him in the day. NabNab was on Elvis and then he was on sarcastro. He never voted Surye.

Through day 1-5 I didn't really suspect Yosarian. My opinions of him began to change onday6 and I started thinking like Erg0 was. I figured one of Yosarian and CEScum was scum. HowI ever considered both of them being scum I am not sure. I think CEScum's comments saying Yosarian was clear threw me for a bit of loop because that seemed like quite a changed opinion. I mainly figured CEScum was more likly scum than yosarian because of the comments I made on day's 1-3 towards him. Once yosarian flipped scum I didn't think CES was scum because of their heavy attacks on each other and because of how he pushed on Yosarian more than he pushed on Surye. It would be more logical for him to vote Surye after he didn't blow up then to push for Yosarian's death if he was scum with both of them.

Again you guys can say where you would think I belong. The numbers are generally based on comparision of what I thought may be stronger or weaker evidence between the other players. The higher the number the less I suspected them. The lower the number the more I did. I used the total number in order for me to decipher which suspicions were strongest in order to use the charts as a basic decision making tools to help me think later on.

I felt NabNab's connection to Surye was stronger than Elvis's because NabNab never voted Surye. I felt Elvis's conection to Yosarian was stronger at that time because she didn't vote Yosarian until CEScum changed her mind earlier. And I felt the interaction between Yos and NabNab gave a greater impression of them possibly not being together when I first made the charts.

Cause I'm not so much using the charts now the main and only reason I pick Elvis over NabNab is because I see NabNab being on that night as a bit of a town tell. His comments did change some from going off to making sure me or elmo went off instead, but the fact that he was there when he could have sneaked off at any time as scum and blamed me and or elmo over the next 2 days (assuming niether of us went off. This makes me think he is town. The fact that process of elimination is the reason I'd kill Elvis is the only reason I'm not voting right now. I'd like more info from NabNab before I make a final decision and I think I should glance at the long night too just in case I missed anything

As stated earlier in the game NabNab was voting Elvis before he was voting Sarcastro. NabNab do you think you can enlightem me to the case you had on her then. I didn't get it and from my point of view part of it looked as if you just voted her because you disagreed with her opinions on Peg and CEScum.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 70#1022970
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53#1027653
in between those posts the exact moment you voted her was when Elvis made her jump onto yosarian.
NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.

You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
She gets off CEScum which was a supicion you didn't agree with and moves to Yosarian. You discuss this later on too.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#1031512
NabNab think you can elaborate more on your thoughts on elvis back when you voted her?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I started looking for everyone's connections to Yos...

Yos made the comment that there were 3 scum in the game. Some people thought it was a tell. Others did not. Now we know it was an actual slip.

Now, if I were mafia, I would know it was a slip right from the start, and I would know that odds are high that it will be exposed as such (either from Yos dying or endgame indicating 3 scum). I think it would be best for Yos' scum buddies to bus Yos over this slip. They know there is no way he's gonna get away with it forever.

Here are our three reactions to Yos' slip:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Regarding Yos' slip: I would actually call it a scumtell. When you don't think about it, you would expect there to be more than three scum in this game, but when you
do
think about it, three actually makes sense considering that there will be
at least
two townie deaths per-cycle. So, when not thinking about it, Yos gives the right/non-intuitive answer, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call bullshit on the "mini mindset" out it's in no way a solid alibi.
PF wrote:I remain not a fan of the Yosarian wagon. The best evidence I saw on Yosarian2 was given in post 284 by kuribo. And since Yosarian's response to it makes sence, that isn't enough to make me vote Yosarian.
(Noting this doesn't refer directly to the slip one way or the other, but it's after everyone was talking about the slip and PF is definitely unconvinced that Yos is scum).
EK wrote:Actually, I never really cared about this supposed slip. It's only a slip if there's 3 scum in the game and I don't really see that as possible. My biggest reason for voting you was the way you were trying to get CES to unvote you by saying he's "a better player than that."
Of the three reactions, I think NabNab's makes the most sense as a reaction that a scum buddy would have. He knows he can't protect Yos. So he has to bus him.
Talk nerdy to me.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm interesting idea Elvis. Something you should note though Elvis is that this quote here is my actual first reaction to the 3 scum slip. It is in my 4th post which is numbered as 3 since the counts goes 0.1.2.3.etc
Me wrote:...And as far as Adel and Yos2's plans go I think the system we got right now should work for awhile. We ask one of the two scumiest to strike a light then have the other Dynamite the first one. As long as the scum is found and blown up, things should work out. The wagon Yosarian2 is getting doesn't quite interest me at the moment.
I don't see the 3 thing as a tell because i don't think balance would allow for only 3 in this setup.
And going after lurkers is not a bad thing with lurking being a useful scum strategy in this game. I will be looking at what skruff's has been posting later.
This paragraph is the 6th paragraph in my 4th post. I vote CEScum just before the 5th paragraph in that post.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought you said something along those lines but couldn't find it. So thanks for pointing it out. I think it makes my case even stronger.
Talk nerdy to me.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well I'm still waiting for NabNab to comment on a few things like his early case on you when yos was still alive. I read over the long night and despite his additude going from
NabakovNabakov at 5:48pm (GMT-5) wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Hi all, I am back.

The deadline will hit in 15 hours and 27 minutes from this post.
^Made 8:33 am in my timezone (USA-EST which is GMT-4 during the summer)

That would make deadline be at midnight in my timezone so I should easily be awake around 11pm or 11:30pm. I usually don't go to bed til way after that anyway. If someone else has not already gone off I'll pick who I'm taking with me based on what the town has been saying or what I myself have already said. It should be obvious to you all by now who I've been considering.
This trumps my bedtime, but I'm aprehensive about tuning out and assuming PF will do the deed.

@PF: If you want to be the one to dynamite, make your choice before 11 pm.

Overwhelming opposition to a Flameaxe dynamite has changed my course, but to where? It seems nobody is worthy of dynamiting (in the opinion of the town anyway)
NabakovNabakov at 10:01pm (GMT-5) wrote:
PF wrote: If you are reading this NabNab you perhaps should name a second enforcer because I think i will be hitting CEScum.
Fair enough, Erg0.
PF wrote: So you actually want to kill someone? I'd obvious prefered I could play the game longer since I'm having too much fun but I best get myself in check because that dice joke thing probably went to far.
I really have no qualms about going off. I've been seriously overburdened recently.

Elmo, who are you thinking of?
TO

NabakovNabakov at 10:08pm (GMT-5) wrote:
PokerFace wrote: I see you as scumier than NabNab. I think I should go off over NabNab at this point. If he wants to disagree and jump in here he can.
My role is ultimately that of the enforcer, and my only obligation is to ensure that the person designated to explode does so. Right now, there is no person designated to explode, but we have two lit people here.

You two figure out, with certainty, which one is going to explode. That person will then choose who to blow up. If they don't blow that person up, I blow them up. I don't want to stay up for another 53 minutes, but I will.

If I get input in this, I would probably call for PF to explode. Totally reading shirk all over his last few posts. Put your fuse where your mouth is.
NabakovNabakov at 10:34pm (GMT-5) wrote:It's directed at the two people who aren't exploding.

I will reiterate. My job is to ensure one or another of you explodes. Thus, I will target one or another of you if absolutely necessary. If you feel somebody else makes a better target. Explode them. I am not quite so convinced that everybody here is one big protown family; that's not in my job description.
I still think he has a good chance of being town. Him staying up later then the early bedtime he implied is something I look good upon. Had me nor Elmo gone off and he still been around he would have been in trouble over the days that followed. I struck a light first on that day so unless he was relying on me doing the work from the start, it would have been stupid for him to strike a light as scum after me knowing it may comeback to haunt him as enforcer. I guess what I should be trying to estimate is how much he would be willing to bet on me going off.

At any rate while we wait do you have any questions for me Elvis? NabNab said he would blow you up in his last post. Who are you leaning towards blowing up?

Disclaimer: I am currently in GMT-4 with daylight savings time in effect. the times listed here are based on the timestamp the site gives me with the hour off by 1. Add one hour to any of those times to get the real time it was in my time zone)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

More disclaimer:

Deadline was set for midnight of (GMT-5) or 1am (GMT-4)

Stoofer is in BST which is always 5 hours faster than me since they also have daylight savings time. Deadline for him was 6am
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Those times are for the long night on day6. Not for the next deadline. The next deadline would be 4am on the 25th for me in (GMT-4)

3am (GMT-5)

9am (BST = GMT +1)

What time zones are you two in?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think I am the same timezone as PF. I am EST, which is I think is GMT-4.

So...

I think NabNab is the scum. His reaction to Yos' 3-scum tell makes too much sense to me.

Also, the fact that he was awake at deadline that other night doesn't make me think he's town. Wasn't Yosarian awake that night too?

The only reason I haven't been around at deadline is because it is in the middle of the night for me. I'm not a night owl. I go to bed between 9-11 each night (I'm cool, I know), but usually don't even go online after dinnertime.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I decided to do a better write-up on NabNab's relationship to Yos.

I believe NN has a pattern of attacking Yos, while voting other people. Distance without actually contributing to his lynch.
NN wrote:I'd like to hear a succinct case on Yos from somebody. Up till now, it's kind of been this amorphous blob floating around that people support or oppose. One thing I will say is most of his posts made me go cross-eyed. I haven't known him to be quite that verbose in the past.
NN wrote:Regarding Yos' slip: I would actually call it a scumtell. When you don't think about it, you would expect there to be more than three scum in this game, but when you do think about it, three actually makes sense considering that there will be at least two townie deaths per-cycle. So, when not thinking about it, Yos gives the right/non-intuitive answer, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call bullshit on the "mini mindset" out it's in no way a solid alibi.
Yet... NN not voting Yos, even though he says Yos made a scum tell.
NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:The way he is responding to you... like "you're a better player than to actually suspect ME of being scum." It's like saying only stupid people would think he's scum.

And he's voting you. If he thinks you're scum, wouldn't he be attributing your actions (voting him) to being scum, and not to being stupid? If he just thinks you are misguided townie, he shouldn't be voting you. And if he thinks you're scum then he shouldn't be asking you to play better.

I originally thought that the fighting between you two was buddy-fighting, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think Yos is implying he knows you are town. Which is pretty weird if he's voting for you.

unvote CES; vote Yos
Now who's twisting words? Yos was criticising CES's specific reason, not his general accusation, and I would tend to agree that CES's conspiracy theory regarding the "two-night tell" is total crap (would you?) He wasn't calling CES stupid, he was calling him smarter than that.

You'd have to be reading pretty sloppy and posting even sloppier not to catch stuff like that. It isn't exactly nuance.

Vote: elvis_knits
she's been manufacturing cases all game.

Also, I could have sworn Scum was an alt of Sum.
Now this gets really interesting. NN continues to not vote Yos, which is significant in and of itself. But, he votes me over my attack on Yos. Which is a backhanded way of defending Yos without really being seen as defending Yos.
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Elvis_knits wrote: I like how nabakov and quag ignored my response.
I like how you ignored Yos' reponse. Anything I would have said would have just repeated.
Another pseudo-defense of Yos. Siding with Yos against me.
NN wrote:It seems I'm all alone on the elvis_knits wagon. If nobody else is willing to join me, I'd likely move to Sarc or Yos, but I'd take some time to figure out which.

Then leads the change of wagon to Sarcastro that caused Sarcastro to be blown up instead of Yos-Surye (which is a situation the mafia would NOT want to be in!)
PF wrote:Current Vote Count of Day 4:

Surye - 4(PEG, Skitzer, Ergo, PokerFace)
Yosarian2 - 3(CEScum, Claus, Elvis)
Cogito Ergo Scum - 1(Yosarian2)
Sarcastro - 1(Quagmire)
Skitzer - 1(Surye)
Elvis - 1(NabNab)
Erg0 - 1(Elmo)

Not Voting - 4(Flameaxe, Kuribo, Marmalade, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed
NOTE: As of this post, Yos should blow up Surye! Something the third mafioso would not want to let happen!
NN wrote:I don't mind that Surye is dynamiting but I think we could have done better. Quick, everybody wagon Sarc.

Unvote: Vote: Sarcastro
Then PF votes Sarcastro... (interesting).

Which results in this vote count:
PF wrote:Current Vote Count of Day 4:

Surye - 4(pickemgenius, Skitzer, Ergo, Kuribo)
Sarcastro - 3(Quagmire, NabNab, PokerFace)
Yosarian2 - 3(CEScum, Claus, Elvis)
Cogito Ergo Scum - 1(Yosarian2)
Skitzer - 1(Surye)
Erg0 - 1(Elmo)

Not Voting - 3(Flameaxe, Marmalade, Sarcastro)

16 people alive so its 9 votes needed
Which leads to Surye-Sarc being the people who should be dynamited, not Surye-Yos. Surye "doesn't show up in time" so Claus ends up dynamiting Sarcastro. Now that we know allignments, it looks like that was a very close call for scum. If they had been in a situation where they were supposed to blow each other up, it would have looked very bad for both if they hadn't followed through.

NN was the one who bailed out Yos there, and saved the scum that day.

More anti-Yosarion comments without voting him:
NN wrote:
Yos wrote:

So, now I'm the one in the drivers seat, I'm the one who's going to decide who gets lynched today. We're playing kingmaker, and I just appointed myself king. So you SOB's had better start answering my questions, if you want to live to see tommorow.

If a mafiosi were in danger of being 'sploded, this would certainly be one approach.
So in addition to this strange interaction with Yosarian, NN helped manuever the explosion from Surye-Yos to Claus-Sarc on D4. He also baited Kuribo to explode on D5.

To me, this all adds up to scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Today is the 21st, I said that when I woke up today that I would do this.

STRIKE A LIGHT

I'll comment on recent posting later on today.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

STRIKE A LIGHT
Talk nerdy to me.

NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:15 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

elvis_knits wrote: I think NabNab is the scum.
It's a date.

STRIKE A LIGHT
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:38 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!

DYNAMITE: ELVIS_KNITS
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Muuwah ha ha ha!...........just kidding.

Damnit! NabNab beat me to it. I am town and I joined this game because I wanted to blow someone up and ironically I am the one that lives to the end. Especially after making mistakes that got Sarcastro, Quagmire II, CEScum, and some others blown up. UltimaAvalon was right about the idea that we should be willing to go off. If we had more people like him, kuribo, and Elmo I think we could have done better overall. But Adel blowing UltimaAvalon up did teach us some levels of restraint even though the mistake involved with that kill I should have caught and explained sooner.

Looking back i'm not sure if the game would have been more balanced with more scum of not, but oh well. Saddly I even wrote a good post last night that I was going to post and then kill Elvis. I should have posted it last night when I had the chance. Town still wins though. No matter which one of them is scum. They are dead and town wins.
PokerFace was going to post wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think I am the same timezone as PF. I am EST, which is I think is GMT-4.

So...

I think NabNab is the scum. His reaction to Yos' 3-scum tell makes too much sense to me.

Also, the fact that he was awake at deadline that other night doesn't make me think he's town. Wasn't Yosarian awake that night too?

The only reason I haven't been around at deadline is because it is in the middle of the night for me. I'm not a night owl. I go to bed between 9-11 each night (I'm cool, I know), but usually don't even go online after dinnertime.
You have a point there. I guess its not so much that he was online, but the fact that he was willing to strike a light after I had and be posting in our thread. He could have chickened out entirely and not posted in the thread. But instead he got on to name another enforcer when i prompted him to and he chose to enforce a killing.

Sure I struck a light and said:
PokerFace wrote:@Mod - Mr. Stoofer, any chance you could extend the deadline and send out some proddings?
Marmalade - not posted since May 8th
Flameaxe - not posted since May 11th
Everyone else has at least posted once during day 6

STRIKE A LIGHT

NabNab should be doing this at sometime today aswell, or else I may have to kill him for not fufilling his enforcer duties.
I am not sure who I'll target at this time (Elmo, CEScum, NabNab, Yosarian) those are people I actually have either large or small suspicions on.

According to the math I gave here earlier in the game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 39#1044839
We could theoretically afford a no-lynch, but since we are not really at a stage where there are alot of suspicions or improving our odds is optimal, I don't think a no-lynch would be good play at this point. I strike a light at this time in an attempt to get scum and keep the town and this game alive.
But Elmo also struck a light and later said:
Elmo wrote:From the point of view of the town as a team, it's best that the most suspicious person goes. I had a good theoretical basis for this, but I can't remember it offhand. I do admit that my motivation for mafia is not what it once was, and has led to some pretty subpar play here. I think I'd be lying if I said reducing the number of games I'm in wasn't a factor; I'm not sure I'm as much use as other people in the long term. But 90% of it is simply that I don't feel (because of my play) I will see endgame, and there's no added benefit to living longer, really. Perhaps that's pessimism; it's 4am here, and I'm tired.

I'm still thinking one of Yos/CES/Erg0. I have some kind of townish read from everyone else apart from them and skitzer, who I don't think Surye would have leaned on in the way he did if he was mafia. I'm in the middle of skimming through quickly.

Ironically, I'm 99% sure both of you are town now, simply because the
only
people willing to turn up to kill people are by definition town. I can see Yos sitting on AIM from here, heh. *waves*

I will either kill someone inside ~15mins or not at all, put it that way. I will probably kill someone.
Yos2 was online, and that scum's response to Elmo's explosive intentions was to stay the fuck out of the thread, to lurk.

NabNab's response to my intentions was he struck a light and was ready to blow up someone he thought was scum. He got on and posted. Let's say elmo didn't go off. And let's say i had not gone off. And fuck let's even assume NabNab had not gone off. Let's say we had no lynched that day. What would have happened next? The three of us would be dead meat just as Surye was when he didn't go off. In striking a light that day we accepted the responsibility of going off. Wanting and being able to go off is the one thing that makes you town in this game. Not wanting to go off makes you scum.

And hell there is another way to look at it. I know I'm town. If NabNab is scum, he also knows I'm town. All townies are willing to go off. I think NabNab struck a light and later changed attitudes to a more enforcerlike personality because he doubted me going off. If he was scum he wouldn't need to doubt me. He'd know I was going off and was going to take most likly CEScum with me. And if he is scum he would know that on the off chance I did not go off, he could blame everything on me the next day. NabNab did not have faith in me going off. That is why he struck and was online

This is end game with 3 players alive. What is the ideal scum strategy? The ideal scum strategy is for the scum to convince the two townies to blow each other up. Is NabNab trying to convince me to blow you up? No he isn't. He isn't even posting a case on you he is just saying:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
elvis_knits wrote: I think NabNab is the scum.
It's a date.

STRIKE A LIGHT
And what are you doing? You are posting a case on another player. You are saying NabNab is scum and giving reasons that make you think that. Are you posting these reasons because you want to convince me to blow him up or are you posting them because you are going to blow him up? You never truly said who you were leaning towards blowing up. All you said was NabNab was scum.
After I had posted that I was going to blow elvis up. Oh well. Game over. I am so lonely. :cry:
Stoofer should be on to call it a over soon enough. Later all.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Phew

I had my doubts, but not too many.

Personally, I think Stoofer was very generous in this setup. Only 3 scum
and
a modkill on the guy we were going to misdynamite? That's pretty substantial.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Remember I said I was writing up a big post, where i was going to say I wanted Flameaxe to blow someone up? It is still on my computer and here it is:
PokerFace was going to post wrote:ok. If you guys want to do the no lynch I am up for that but you may want to view my sig since I won't be here part of next week and if there is another quick deadline then we'll have a problem.

Telling interactions between Yosarian and Elvis
Yosarian2 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Really, you're a better player then this. You've played enough games with me to know better then to act like I would delibaratly act stupid as scum in order to try to trick the town. Is that really all you got?
Talking down to other players always rubs me the wrong way.
I'm not talking down to him. I'm quite serious. I know he's a good player, and I don't think there's any way that a player of his caliber could really be convinced that someone is scum just because I thought there were 2 nights instead of 3, or becuase I used a rolly-eye-face (which is not only an absurd scumtell, it's also something I use a lot in pretty much every game I've ever played ever). Ergo, if that's all he's got, I think he's scum trying to manufacture a false case, which is why I'm voting for him.

I say CES and Yos blow each other up.
:roll:

So, does that mean you agree with me that CES is probably scum trying to manufacture a case, or not? Because if you do, then why do you want me dead, exactally?
This post comes off as though yosarian is being defensive to acusation from Elvis. it looks like he is trying to persuade her to vote someone else.
Yosarian2 wrote:Eh...Elvis Knits does look pretty scummy, Quagmire, but you look pretty town to me, so I don't want you to die today. I'd rather see CES kill her (or her kill CES, whatever), or Claus, or perhaps Skitzer. We kind of sort of get 2 lynches a day here, not one, and we really should try and use both of them to our advantage.
He also says he suspects her like he suspected Claus. I'd say she is probably town considering these comments.

Telling intereactions between Yosarian and NabNab
Yosarian2 wrote:Hmmm...

Looking at the end of the day yesterday, I don't really like NN's behavior. It kind of feels like he's looking for some alternative to the Suyve bandwagon; first he goes after me, then just about the time when it becomes obveous I'm completly willing to blow him up he backs down and goes after kuribo.
vote:NabakovNabakov
In this post they have strong interactions attacking each other. Yosarian wanted NabNab dead now that Yos "was" in the "clear". That would not normally be the time to bus your scum buddy. Especially since had we gotten a greater confirmation of a 3 person scum back then, Yos2 would have been Dead meat. Also this post
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 36#1050236
I don't think NabNab would not need to bus yos2 that strongly at that stage over Surye. This post came out of left field considering other posts by NabNab and others back then.

Bonus points in NabNab's favor would be him staying up late that night. He could have shirked off and said he fallen asleep in an effort to blame me. That would have been the smart thing to do as scum. Instead he stayed up to watch Me and Elmo.

Wee?
This is his only post about them, and this happening is impossible since they both scum. Yosarian often attack lurkers which was either distancing or distraction. It could have been both for if flameaxe died earlier and flipped scum that would bring some truth to Yosarians reasons on lurkers

Also I did read one game where Flameaxe was lazy as scum and rarely voted.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7691
If we don't no lynch
Vote: Flameaxe

Flamaxe, who do you want to blow up?
If you note the ending I was going to ask him who he wanted to blow up and assuming that person was Elvis I doubt Flameaxe would have hesitated. Its not like me and you weren't going to persuade Flameaxe to kill Elvis anyway. She was my number 2 suspect next to Flameaxe. I had pretty much no doubt you were town as I explained earlier. I really wish I had made that earlier post and killed elvis myself though. Oh well I'll find some other game to satisfy my bloodlust in eventually.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

BOOM!

NabakovNabakov (Townie) has blown up himself and elvis_knits (
Mafia
).

TOWN WINS!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Claus »

We won the game? Wow.

I'm ashamed I did not blow up Yos when I had the chance. Gut, I'm following you next time.

Go Town!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:39 am

Post by kuribo »

Claus wrote:We won the game? Wow.

I'm ashamed I did not blow up Yos when I had the chance. Gut, I'm following you next time.

Go Town!
Wanna hear about following your gut?

I random voted elvis_knits.

In four completed games I've come in at the beginning and been able to random vote. In all four games, my random vote was against scum.

I think that's pretty neat. 4/4 on the random vote stage! :)
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I'm sorry I tried to stop you Claus. I saw you get on that night and I should have switched my vote so at least you would have got Surye.

Like I said earlier I was just going to ask Flameaxe who he wanted to kill and let him do it as long as that person wasn't me. So I think me and NabNab could have directed him to Elvis.

Either way I don't think I deserved to be the last one alive. I was wrong about Sarcastro and Quagmire II. And partially wrong about Yosarian and CEScum, I ended up suspecting the wrong one too late. And I was wrong about Elvis for quite a bit. The only suspicion I got right was the one on Surye and that one was obvious at that time.

Also I have decided to admit this to you guys now since it is over. I caught and saw the spelling error with UA's demise earlier than when I posted about it. I was at work and saw the error the moment Adel posted the kill. You probably should have gotten a feel for me knowing about the error in the posts I did before I explained it. I didn't explain the error until late on purpose for 2 reasons:

1) I didn't want Adel to get online and try to kill him again.
2) I wanted to see if anyone else would notice and how they would react to it.

Had I known I would truly be the only one to catch it I would have PMed Stoof about it and saved UA right when Adel first pposted the single A instead of the AA. Oh well. I oh some players apoligies for this game because I don't entirely think I deserved to be the last guy with the mistakes I made which almost screwed the pooch here.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:47 am

Post by kuribo »

PokerFace wrote:Yay I'm sorry I tried to stop you Claus. I saw you get on that night and I should have switched my vote so at least you would have got Surye.
Surye's overreaction to my suspicion and constant throwing about of WIFOM was what got me convinced. Everyone was pressing for him to blow up, and he kept saying that he wouldn't until the town all agreed on it, but that point had clearly come and gone. Fortunately, in this game, we didn't have to wait for a lynching majority. :P
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”