Newbie 2051: Iceland! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:06 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 2123, quiet wrote:@flow trap, what exactly is your scum philosophy? posting style?
My scum philosophy is stay alive as long as possible and someone made a spoof post of my scum game:

X might be netting unless Y is pianoing, will put a vote on Z to force the issue
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Prism »

So I don't have too much to say about the above. I'm glad to see us getting on the same page. I think my stance is pretty clear. I don't really think me hammering my stance into you over just leaving you to keep solving is the call.

I will be around to give feedback as needed+requested.

I think waiting for floo is understandable but I would also encourage you to keep in mind that he again spent ~4 days not just being apathetic but outright refusing to interact with anyone outside of his cc. Given that, I'd rather not wait until an hour to deadline, both to avoid chaos and give us time to react/talk about any votes that get put down, but it is very easy for me to say that knowing what the result is and that it will not get blitzed. I would strongly push voting at least 2 hours before if not more.

I do think keeping the day going until we hear what Spartan thinks about floo's latest posts is a good idea, unless it requires waiting an hour before deadline, in which case, sorry dude but no.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:17 am

Post by flow trap »

Well I have to vote like at least 2 hours before deadline cause I won't be on after

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:42 am

Post by quiet »

I considered voting then, frankly, but i'm comfortable waiting a few more hours. Prism, if you are concerned about an early hammer/self-hammer, you can unvote, I and/or flow can vote, we can do it like that.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:50 am

Post by quiet »

yep, i'm waiting for spartian, not floo at this point. I wasn't able to change my mind of the floo spot. sorry floo.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 am

Post by quiet »

I've got a commitment at 8pm EST, so will likely vote before then.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Prism »

I mean I think the biggest value to you voting early would be confirming that the team would have to be exactly me/you, but arguably with Spartan AWOL we don't even get that, so it's fine to hold off imo.

I can also definitely unvote at some point if I'm not ready for end, will be around up through deadline, but we would need a third vote for it to end anyway.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Prism »

That said it would be nice if Spartan both checked in and we punched this before 9 EST because then I wouldn't have to skip my workout a second day in a row, but we do what we have to do.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:56 am

Post by floo »

In post 2103, quiet wrote:
In post 2079, floo wrote:Interesting that both people who scumread me (Prism, quiet) and me think the most likely scum other from Prism/floo is Spartan. Does this make Spartan more likely to be scum if multiple town FoS him and his Mafia partner is correspondingly taking steps to bus him?
I'm sorry, is this a Elim Spartian Tonight proposal? Is that what I'm hearing here?
No, I believe it is bad strategy. I won't bet on Spartan flipping Mafia roleblocker (even assuming he is scum, a 1/4 chance. More like a 1/2 chance if you can find a reason to believe a Doctor/roleblocker exists) and Doctor successfully protects (a no kill is not a sure help, either).
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:58 am

Post by floo »

In post 2082, flow trap wrote:
In post 2078, floo wrote:
In post 2076, flow trap wrote:
In post 2075, floo wrote:On D3 he is more stridently insistent that he is town and hell-bent on the 99.9999...% sure read (oops, esotericzoomer!) than even D2.
This is invalid due to a different subject, do you have evidence of Prism doing it?

Also, this is invalid because it implies that they're wrong as town :neutral:
"obvious scum" went to "I am not never unvoting this slot." Prism implying "I'm so town" more is based on what I've felt over the game, I don't have the time to do a post-by-post counting analysis. Why would a town as experienced as Prism, who undoubtedly has had confident scumreads gone wrong, be so confident in this game based on behavioral analysis alone?

In retrospect, I should have not written that explanation when I switched my RVS vote to flow. The difference is that I was defensive in my image-consciousness in one post, while image-consciousness permeates Prism's strategy.

No, you do not need to be widely trusted to get a controversial wagon shot. You need only to be trusted enough to get enough players to vote with you, plus your arguments should be good enough to get some other players who might scumread you to join. If Prism can get 3 other players to vote with him, he will have succeeded in getting a shot. And he will have 99% confirmed himself as town in the process too.
No, from your POV saying they having 99% confidence reflects Zoomer, implies that you're they're town

And why didn't you just say that from the start instead of saying multiple times and then discarding it when you had to accuse someone for the same thing
Not a correct comparison. I was pointing out how 99% confidence for pure behavioral tells is unwise, especially with EZ's misread.

I don't understand your second line.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2133, floo wrote:No, I believe it is bad strategy. I won't bet on Spartan flipping Mafia roleblocker (even assuming he is scum, a 1/4 chance. More like a 1/2 chance if you can find a reason to believe a Doctor/roleblocker exists) and Doctor successfully protects (a no kill is not a sure help, either).

♪ Take me down to the WIFOM city ♪
♪ Where it might be quiet or it might be Sparty ♪
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:06 am

Post by quiet »

please take me home, please.

@floo I'm lost at how you see the game right now then.

From your perspective, floo, who is scum?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 am

Post by quiet »

how in the universe is it 1/4???????

floo from your perspective, is Prism not scum here?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 am

Post by quiet »

oh i'm being stupid, you are talking about chance of them being RB. sorry.
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:34 am

Post by floo »

In post 2106, quiet wrote:
In post 2074, floo wrote:It's my fault for failed time management. My reading strategy would be to see every flip + the EoD votes. First I had to comment on the what I read about the flip, then I was responding to old posts while reading some of the newest posts. You're probably thinking "come on!" and I'd think the same in your position.

What is prism partner equity?

flow trap is a guttowny player to me. The type of guttown read that I'm more confident about than a guttown read for high effort players, which I've talked about before. It's my gut though, I can't tell everything from it. I could go deep into introspection if I wanted, but it's not worth the time for just a gutread anyway.
I wanted to know your position on {flow trap, spartian}, unrelated to your belief about who would make a better partner for Prism, so therefore not including partner equity in your assessment of the other two. You gave me that, so ty!

I feel the same gu ttowny way on the slot, frankly.
flow trap + Spartan, in terms of behavior, would pursuing a variation of "avoid the spotlight." flow trap and Spartan have involved themselves in chaos and conflict, yes, but the points of their reads go ignored by other players. They've avoided highly townreading or scumreading each other.

One of the biggest threats to them would be the townread loop of Prism + quiet + fairy, which they would have to focus on breaking down after it formed on D2. I'd see them preferring to kill Prism, however, because the loop depends on him. Also, Spartan would have tried to join the loop or cause conflict within it.

About nightkills, esotericzoomer would not be a suboptimal kill, since he would cause the chaos needed for the team to function. The only reason I see flow trap + Spartan killing EZ is a power role hunt. No one has pointed out any reason to believe EZ was power role, or so much more likely to be a power role than other players to justify the NK, so I've always thought about the kill as not a power role hunt. Who knows though, scum are always watching for power role tells.

fairyprincess69 makes more sense for flow trap scum, but it's not worth it in favor of Prism. As a recent replacement, fairy could change his mind. Prism's language to flow trap was much rougher, in that he said he would push flow trap for basically policy and not regret it if he flipped town. Prism also needs to die to prevent the townread loop as I've said. If I was in flow trap's situation, I'd be more inclined to kill Prism, and as a bonus the NK suspicion would be directed to me.

In conclusion, a Spartan + flow trap team would have made too many suboptimal plays for it to make sense. (You made me contemplate this pairing more, as I hadn't considered this scumteam with more than a passing thought before.)
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:59 am

Post by quiet »

Sorry, floo, I meant i wanted your opinions on the two slots, not them two as partners. They cannot be partners.

Do you think Prism is town?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Prism »

I'm sitting here F5ing in the hopes of Spartan coming back around.

This is like the ending of Halo 3 where Master Chief gets cut off from the rest of humanity via the wormhole, is presumed dead, and in reality is simply drifting until the time is right to save humanity once more
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Prism »

Don't get me wrong Spartan, I know you said you've been dealing with a lot, and I believe you, but your presence would be extremely welcome.
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:17 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 2139, floo wrote:but the points of their reads go ignored by other players
How is that on my end? :igmeou:

floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:34 am

Post by floo »

In post 2140, quiet wrote:Sorry, floo, I meant i wanted your opinions on the two slots, not them two as partners. They cannot be partners.

Do you think Prism is town?
lol I forgot they would've quickhammered at this point

I think I've said why I think the most likely to least likely Prism partners are Spartan -> flow -> quiet. My concern for the rest of the day (both real life and in-game) is to win the crossvote.

What does the second paragraph question mean? If I took it literally it would be a joke
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Prism »

In post 2144, floo wrote:lol I forgot they would've quickhammered at this point
In post 1986, floo wrote:No unvote, no quickhammer. VOTE: Prism. If it needed to be said, both of us are confirmed scum from each other's town! POVs.

I'm gonna miss you buddy, at least for a few days
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Prism »

Nothing else to talk about, just waiting on floo/Spartan?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by quiet »

hey prism, I'm going to vote Floo now. Unvote if you want to prevent a quickhammer/selfhammer; I can't garentee I'll be on tonight one way or the other. Ill try to be.

If you played me, ggs.

VOTE: floo

sorry everyone if I couldn't unpocket myself.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Prism »

If Spartan checks in and isn't able to give something until later, me/flow trap can swap and I can just revote at deadline

I don't want to skip my workout again but as long as it's not going to waffle I can 100% place a vote on my phone or something.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

Prodge

VOTE: floo

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”