Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Costello »

Spoiler: Costello reacting that poorly to godawful town play and hoping town loses in previous games
In post 3914, Prism wrote:
In post 3913, DrippingGoofball wrote:I don't know what you're trying to say.
If me not fighting it is scummy that's fine but acting like i've been fighting it is ???

The quote is me outright saying 48 hours ago that I wasn't going to argue to save Elements. I've literally refused to play the game for like 5 days now
In post 3917, Prism wrote:I took it as "where's your [Prism's] townie hustle]" since it came in reaction to me.

I'm saying my apathy is not sudden at all.
In post 4346, Prism wrote:Actually, my patience is gone.

VOTE: bork
In post 4348, Prism wrote:Good riddance.
In post 4350, Prism wrote:Absolutely delusional.
In post 4351, Prism wrote:I'm done here. I want him gone. I'm not playing this day out further.
In post 4898, Prism wrote:lmfao

VOTE: Prism

Sure Vax.
In post 4900, Prism wrote:I'm leaving that [selfvote] until DGB is at L-1. I mean it. I'm tired of Pooky/notscience/ffery doing absolutely nothing for days on end.
In post 5059, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this is comical

you've now convinced me I want the bad guys to win

congrats
In post 5060, Prism wrote:I was at that point Day 2.
In post 5061, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm officially flipping my own alignment to red just because Vax makes me angry
In post 5062, Prism wrote:Welcome Pooky. This is now the town-scum alliance, or maybe the town-town-scum alliance if ffery is last.
In post 5435, Prism wrote:I am extremely pleased with the outcome [town loss], and this was, by far, the least enjoyable game of mafia I have played in 10 1/2 years.
Spoiler: Costello advocating against nonsensical bussing over the course of literally years
[quote="Prism in "The Mod Is Mafia"]Eventually someone will figure out that I basically just treat my scum games like I'm running a hedge fund whereas in my town games I actually go all out and have as much fun as I can[/quote]
In post 32, Prism wrote:I would strongly advise against bussing here. I was kind of forced into it by my prior shit play and am really looking to go on the Erika replacement when they come in.

We heavily, HEAVILY want to make it out of this day with all 3 up.
Prism in Miss List, where I bussed into a 75% chance of a loss wrote:To the scum team, you're welcome. I really didn't want to bus (maybe once with D3f) but after that we just got forced down to 3 way. Not that D3f and Assemble tried to lose or anything, but especially grateful to Neal, who tried really hard but it just wasn't happening.
In post 8, Prism wrote:I'm not suited to go deep in this table-I will be too town to live through NKs if I bus and expectations of me so far are too high to survive multiple miselims.
In post 5094, Prism wrote:Nope, in general I heavily oppose bussing and think it's the biggest way scumteams throw games. I linked The Thaw as an example of the aggressive-but-not-actually-bussing I do at times. I think there are ways to paint this game as fitting that scum style, even though by virtue of not actually being scum any single picture would not encapsulate my full play.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 am

Post by Farkran »

Oh, so you are actually prism lol

You're not a lucky man
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:57 am

Post by bugspray »

if you're town why would scum shoot catboi instead?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Costello »

Unclear what you mean. I have never lost a game due to luck/forces outside of my own control and this one would not be an exception. My desire to concede, and my impatience with/disdain for the table, are my own responsibility. They are not at all due to misfortune, bad luck, or the "wrong" players being town or playing poorly.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1152, bugspray wrote:if you're town why would scum shoot catboi instead?
You're a protective role in a closed game, you figure it out.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Costello »

In case you need a reminder of your rolecard

Other possibilities that may exist in a closed setup include this, this, or this, all of which are extremely common roles in games.

2nd role is an instant scumloss for me btw, town gets 7 eliminations to use among 9 players.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Costello »

Sorry, 6 eliminations in 8 players, much better odds.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Costello »

Bonus Costello quotes on playing scum in postgames/towngames
Prism in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11550220#p11550220]Undertale 2.0[/url] wrote: As scum, I often have a dilemma in that I really don't take much pride or joy in bringing out the worst in others, but consider it the easiest way to win.
I don't think in terms of trying to get people to townread me or avoiding a lynch except as a means to an end; I just think of the number of mislynches we need and how to get there. I think this is different than most people who have delusions of grandeur, thinking that the best scumplayers are the ones with the EPIC THREE WAY HARDCARRY.
There are literally dozens of these scattered around the site.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1157, Costello wrote:Bonus Costello quotes on playing scum in postgames/towngames
In post 707, Replica wrote: As scum, I often have a dilemma in that I really don't take much pride or joy in bringing out the worst in others, but consider it the easiest way to win.
I don't think in terms of trying to get people to townread me or avoiding a lynch except as a means to an end; I just think of the number of mislynches we need and how to get there. I think this is different than most people who have delusions of grandeur, thinking that the best scumplayers are the ones with the EPIC THREE WAY HARDCARRY.
There are literally dozens of these scattered around the site.
Heh
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Costello »

I'm not so much offended by the idea that I chose to bus, I can play badly or strategically play badly for WIFOM

I'm horrified that players think that would be good/strong play, your comment that it would be "best scum alive" included, because it is absolutely horrific and fundamentally does not understand the scum alignment.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1159, Costello wrote:I'm not so much offended by the idea that I chose to bus, I can play badly or strategically play badly for WIFOM

I'm horrified that players think that would be good/strong play, your comment that it would be "best scum alive" included, because it is absolutely horrific and fundamentally does not understand the scum alignment.
Heh²

By the way the strength wouldn't have been in the play itself, but in the ability to carry it to a victory
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Farkran »

You know, like escapology magicians

The smartest one would be the man who opens the door and leaves, but the one who gets remembered forever is the man who was blindfolded, hands tied, feet deep in solid concrete, thrown in a piranha-infested pool within less than 5 minutes
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Costello »

The problem is that you have full agency in your metaphor whereas powerbussing day 1 in closed 7:2 tanks your win rate so heavily, and in a way that removes most of your agency, that any qualitative play you make afterwards is completely irredeemable, but this isn't really helping anything at this point.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Farkran »

And that's why i don't think you are scum
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Costello »

My main changed nothing for you?
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Farkran »

I only played with scum!you once, in the hydra game that eventually got canceled. I townreaded you hard lol

I have no idea what you would do as scum because i don't want to metadive ever again, but i do believe that nobody would do that, including you, unless you were forced to.

My main paranoia against you would be if your (or your partner's) role had the option to sacrifice gamma but nobody else - but that does absolutely not explain the selfhammer in rvs, so yeah - i thought about it for a while, then discarded the option
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Farkran »

I do respect you as a town player though, which might probably push me to reread your motives for townreading flea and scumreading ydrasse, but i'm not really motivates because i still think we should elim one and invest the other
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1104, Costello wrote:Hectic I just realized something

I deserve this

This is karma, the parallels here are incredible, I did this same shit to you even if there are some differences

Holy fuck I am sorry and I repent for my sins
lol at least you came round on me at the end

I think I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome because I have more positive than negative memories of you that game
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1123, Farkran wrote:@madeline and flea, what is the theory for Costello being scum?

I mean i read you saying that all the things happened are very convenient for him (access to PT, catboi dead, etc) but could you tell me the actual chances that scum get instavoted d1 into a redirect on his partner, without any knowledge of other PRs around (could have been a cop for all we know), hoping to survive 3 more miselims while at the same time explaining how he isn't nked until end of game?

As i said, this is worth losing the game to, costello is immediately awarded the title of best scum to have ever existed
Eh, not best scum. More like going for high risk high reward highroll scum

He'll be the best scum if he actually wins (keep me around, Costello, I'll vote with you in lylo)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I throw a guilty so I'm the elim in that plan.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Hectic »

What on earth, people really are way too paranoid of bussing. Hard busses really don't happen as much as people think they do, especially in the way Costello shot Gamma. Launching him day 2 after that is very silly

Costello, I think it's those shades, they make you look shady. Get better ones

VOTE: Flea The Magician

Pedit: Flea! You're fun to play with but I'd rather take no chances and not have Costello randomly hammered
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Hectic »

bugspray, protect Farkran please
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Hectic »

Well, Flea? Did we get ya

I'm kind of hopeful because your Costello push looked a little opportunistic, but idk if that's hopeful town opportunism
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Farkran »

I'm on ydrasse
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Costello »

I'm still inclined to think scum is in Flea/Ydrasse/Farkran so I'm optimistic this will be over Day 3.

If madeline/bugspray are scum playing the deadweight card that's a valid strategy and I'm fine losing to that but both have successfully convinced me, madeline slightly less but still satisfied atm.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”