Mini 611a - Troy, Meet Helen (Restarting)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:13 am

Post by charter »

Blackberry wrote:I've never heard of a 15 MPH speed limit ...

I'd not one for random voting. Although I slightly comprehend the purpose of it, it still seems slightly silly to me. Perhaps my non-random-voting will spark some discussion?
If what Had says is true, you're non-random voting seems odd. As well as your slightly over the top usage of the word slightly.
Near
Near
Mafia Scum
Near
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Near »

Vote: Macvenger

Note this is the third vote on Mac. Payback time, for lynching a claimed tracker (in another game).
Show
Guys!! If RBD isn't scum, I'll video-record me eating my shoe and post it here!

Like, for REAL

Actually, I will hammer my cock.
That should be more fun.
I'll HAMMER my COCK and POST IT HERE.

RBD IS SCUM.
Lynch him and uncover the truth about RachMarie.

I'LL HAMMER MY COCK, MY BALLS, MY EVERYTHING.
RBD SCUM. ALL IN!!!!!!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Blackberry »

Hadhfang wrote:Blackberry, since when have you not been one for random voting? I've seen you do it in previous games.
Had -- when have seen me in previous games? I play mafia games on the forum every once in a blue moon, lol.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Blackberry wrote:
Hadhfang wrote:Blackberry, since when have you not been one for random voting? I've seen you do it in previous games.
Had -- when have seen me in previous games? I play mafia games on the forum every once in a blue moon, lol.
maybe so, but I did see one game which you started in before being replaced and you did vote randomly at the start.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Macavenger »

Netlava wrote:omg, ftp!

Vote: Macavenger

How do you usually confirm?
Usually I PM the mod along with my scumbuddies talking about our pregame strategy, obviously. But Mizzy wanted me to confirm in the thread this game. D:
Near wrote:
Vote: Macvenger

Note this is the third vote on Mac. Payback time, for lynching a claimed tracker (in another game).
Yeah, that was pretty terrible. I learned my lesson from that though, I swear.

We still would have won if not for ABR! :P

I shall join Blackberry in not random voting for now.
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Netlava »

Ah, such a shame that I have nothing to compare "firmcon" to. :( (PS I think it's strange)
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by CF Riot »

My name isn't violent. It just means I'm really funny. [=

Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem odd. On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess in your eyes right now.

Netlava you think what is strange? Mac saying firmcon, or you not being able to compare it to anything? (just wondering)

I'm joining the no-random-vote wagon.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

We shall see about that. :]
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Netlava »

CF Riot wrote:On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess in your eyes right now.
Scum tell!
CF Riot wrote:Netlava you think what is strange? Mac saying firmcon, or you not being able to compare it to anything? (just wondering)
Mac saying firmcon. 8-)
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Macavenger: 3 (Netlava, charter, Near)
charter: 1 (Tinsley)
CF Riot: 1 (ShadowGirl)
Acidmix: 1 (Hadhfang)

12 alive, 7 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Netlava wrote:Scum tell!
How? And what does ftp mean? I meant to ask you that earlier. Nothing to do with the game I've just never seen that acronym before.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Netlava »

CF Riot wrote: Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem odd. On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess in your eyes right now.
Actually, I'll need a few more posts in order to get a read so I'll refrain from pointing out why in order to not influence your posts.

FTP = first to post!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by charter »

I'm not going to answer that. Whatever answer I give you'll turn into an argument against me. Obviously it can't be very odd, or even odd enough to raise much suspicion. But I agree with netlava, that was pretty scummy (except I'm not really joking), especially the way you demanded I answer you "right now". Makes it seem like you want to string me up early.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Netlava, fair enough. Keep watching me, I'm innocent.

Charter, I didn't mean "answer me right now," I meant how do you feel "at this point in the game." You were the one to say it was odd behavior in the first place, not me. If you
honestly
thought that way and you
honestly
have nothing to hide, there's no reason for you to dodge the question. The reason I asked was because so far you are the only one I had any suspicion about, albeit small, and I thought your answer could give me a better read.

The reason I thought you was because at that point, you voted for Mac, who Netlava had already voted for, and you voiced your suspicion of Blackberry after Hadhfang called him out first. This made me think, "Charter is following what other people start first, maybe he's trying to be a follower so no one can single him out." Now instead of just answering the question, you're showing the same behavior I had already been suspicious of by following Netlava again and calling me scummy.

I'll happily answer any questions about my logic or discuss other possible suspects. Sticking to what I thought about random voting and to show I'm not trying to "string anyone up early" I'll hold my vote if you can explain yourself Charter, but my FoS is you right now.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by Hadhfang »

charter wrote:I'm not going to answer that. Whatever answer I give you'll turn into an argument against me.
That's generally how this game works though. questions are asked an followed up, not just left at an answer. otherwise we wouldn't get anywhere. refusing to answer questions seems slightly scummy in my opinion.

Fos: Chater.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Post by Hadhfang »

EBWOP

FoS: Charter

-sorry, minor typo there :(
This space is left intentionally blank.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Walnut »

Wow, that got under way quickly! So much to read before carefully placing a random vote. I am tempted by Hadhfang trying to subtly influence the mob by referring to Charter as "cHATER", but in the end my vote goes on Near. Why? Well, coincidentally I had been following the game in which Macavenger participated in the unfortunate tracker lynch (Mini 578), but then Near dropped out and his replacement was... spectacular.
Vote Near

You may find it weak reasoning, but if having a replacement like that is not a scumtell, what is?
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:43 am

Post by charter »

Hadhfang wrote:
charter wrote:I'm not going to answer that. Whatever answer I give you'll turn into an argument against me.
That's generally how this game works though. questions are asked an followed up, not just left at an answer. otherwise we wouldn't get anywhere. refusing to answer questions seems slightly scummy in my opinion.

Fos: Chater.
So asking loaded questions isn't scummy? Well then Had, who did you and your scumbuddies decide to go after today? Regardless of your answer I can turn it into an argument against you. :roll:

@riot, I guess we just misunderstood each other. Up until that point, it was the most out of place thing that had happened. I still haven't checked to see if what Had says is true (though I will in a few hours), but if Blackberry has done random votes at the beginning of games, it's wierd that he would say he doesn't do that in this one. The part that strikes me as odd is that he says he doesn't do it, but he in fact has before.

Also, why do you not question Near for placing a third vote on mac? You seem to forget about his following.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Mizzy »

Battousai Replaces FlyingFoxBat effective immediately. Thank you, Battousai! <3
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:41 am

Post by CF Riot »

That was Near's only post and his reasoning mentioned a different game. The way I read it, he's simply joke voting Mac because of events between them outside this thread. To me, that didn't set of any buzzers in my head.

What I asked you was not a loaded question. Despite the fact that you claimed it was and refused to answer, in a way you still did. You said
charter wrote:Obviously it can't be very odd, or even odd enough to raise much suspicion.

Instead of giving that big disclaimer about my question being unfair, you could've just said "2 out of 10 because it's a small tell early in the game," or something to that effect, and it would've meant about the same and looked completely normal. The whole point of my asking was to see if you could make an opinion for yourself and stick to your posts, because like I said, I think you were just following what others said. Even if you still think it was a loaded question, you brought it on yourself. You said, "I think that's odd" so I asked "how much does it affect you?" It shouldn't have been that hard to answer.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Hadhfang »

So asking loaded questions isn't scummy? Well then Had, who did you and your scumbuddies decide to go after today? Regardless of your answer I can turn it into an argument against you.
"So who did your scumbuddies kill today" and "On a scale of 1-10 how scummy do you think he is?" are completely different questions. The scale question is asking you for your opinion, the scumbuddies one is already making an assumption. What Riot asked you was a simple question on your opinioin, which may have been followed up with a "why" question.

Also, @ blackberry, It seems your non random voting has created the scenario you predicted!

Unvote, Vote: Charter
This space is left intentionally blank.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Tinsley »

I swear I was just about to post the same thing Hadhfang just said (without the vote).

Regarding Blackberry's refusal to random vote - I looked at a few of his recent games and he didn't random vote to start there either. I don't really see anything scummy there for now, and as Had just pointed out, it started a discussion just as he was hoping.

Regarding 3 votes on Macavenger - I also took Near's vote as a joke, but if Near pushes for his lynch based on the reasons in post 26, then that's a different case. But Macavenger still needs four more votes for a lynch so I think he's pretty safe.

Regarding CF Riot's question - I don't see anything scummy there. He could have put charter on the spot and asked who he found the scummiest right now. I thought he let him off easy. Besides isn't the point of the game to defend yourself by responding to the questions and arguments of others?

FoS: charter
I'd vote you, but I just happened to put my random vote on you, so I'll leave it there. Maybe that will motivate you to answer questions.
Macavenger
Macavenger
Goon
Macavenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:15 am

Post by Macavenger »

charter wrote:I'm not going to answer that. Whatever answer I give you'll turn into an argument against me. Obviously it can't be very odd, or even odd enough to raise much suspicion. But I agree with netlava, that was pretty scummy (except I'm not really joking), especially the way you demanded I answer you "right now". Makes it seem like you want to string me up early.
This post is really terrible. There was nothing loaded about that question at all; it was quite clearly a simple attempt to get some discussion going and advance the game. If you didn't want a case being made on you, this was pretty much the worst possible way to go about it.

Vote: charter

Tinsley wrote:Regarding 3 votes on Macavenger - I also took Near's vote as a joke, but if Near pushes for his lynch based on the reasons in post 26, then that's a different case. But Macavenger still needs four more votes for a lynch so I think he's pretty safe.
Yeah, 3 votes is nothing at this stage, and believe me, I earned that random vote. :P
Walnut wrote:Wow, that got under way quickly! So much to read before carefully placing a random vote. I am tempted by Hadhfang trying to subtly influence the mob by referring to Charter as "cHATER", but in the end my vote goes on Near. Why? Well, coincidentally I had been following the game in which Macavenger participated in the unfortunate tracker lynch (Mini 578), but then Near dropped out and his replacement was... spectacular. Vote Near

You may find it weak reasoning, but if having a replacement like that is not a scumtell, what is?
I'm confused by this. It looks like a random vote based on 578, but on the other hand your bit about reasoning and stuff makes it look kind of serious. Explain?
"By far the towniest player in the game. Very good scum hunting, doesn't let anyone off the hook. All in all I find Mac's posts insightful and thought-provoking. " - Vel-Rahn Koon
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:00 am

Post by charter »

This is actually quite interesting. I don't answer a question, and it seems I'm the only suspect and the only person anyone has interest in questioning. I didn't dodge it Riot, and I didn't give a flakey answer, I told riot directly I'm not going to answer his question because I thought he was asking just so he could use my answer to make his case on me.

Also, Had, you seem quite eager to vote me. You say refusing to answer questions is slightly scummy, but in your next post you vote for me.

The same goes for you Mac. You seem very eager to jump on my bandwagon, with just a feeble reason for voting. I can't believe either one of you has come to the conclusion I'm scum from my refusing to answer a question which I thought was loaded. Riot isn't voting for me and he's the one who is raising suspicion on me, you two are just following him.

Also, I think this is getting blown out of proportion. If you want to keep interrogating me about it, I'm going to keep giving the same answer. I didn't answer because I thought Riot would use the answer to build a case against me (ironically the opposite has happened). If my actions are scummy, there's nothing I can do about it.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:I didn't answer because I thought Riot would use the answer to build a case against me (ironically the opposite has happened). If my actions are scummy, there's nothing I can do about it.
By avoiding the question you're making yourself look worse. If you would have given a reasonable respsonse, and CF Riot tried to use it to build a case around you, it would have made him look scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”