Mini 611a - Troy, Meet Helen (Restarting)

Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Hadhfang »

charter wrote: This is actually quite interesting. I don't answer a question, and it seems I'm the only suspect and the only person anyone has interest in questioning. I didn't dodge it Riot, and I didn't give a flakey answer, I told riot directly I'm not going to answer his question because I thought he was asking just so he could use my answer to make his case on me.
Not entirely true, mac has asked Walnut to clarify his post and Near's semi OMGUS vote (thats what it appears to be at least) has been looked into in a way as well. Even I came under suspicion for my typo of your name.
charter wrote: Also, Had, you seem quite eager to vote me. You say refusing to answer questions is slightly scummy, but in your next post you vote for me.
Fair point, however you are also being incredibly defensive, even at the point when you had no commited votes on you (by commited I mean votes that are not random)
charter wrote:
Also, I think this is getting blown out of proportion. If you want to keep interrogating me about it, I'm going to keep giving the same answer. I didn't answer because I thought Riot would use the answer to build a case against me (ironically the opposite has happened). If my actions are scummy, there's nothing I can do about it.
If you think this is getting blown out of proportion then why not answer the question? by refusing further and trying to tell us we are overreacting is like trying to reassure us a nuclear reactor is fine when it clearly isn't. (Slightly different circumstances, but you can see the analogy)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:39 am

Post by charter »

Tinsley wrote:
charter wrote:I didn't answer because I thought Riot would use the answer to build a case against me (ironically the opposite has happened). If my actions are scummy, there's nothing I can do about it.
By avoiding the question you're making yourself look worse. If you would have given a reasonable respsonse, and CF Riot tried to use it to build a case around you, it would have made him look scummy.
Way to look like you're contributing but just reiterating what has already been said. Setting yourself up so you can jump on board too?

If everyone is so keen for me to give an answer, 1 out of 10. There. Now you can resume asking me the same questions and pointing out the same things you've already pointed out.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Macavenger: 3 (Netlava, charter, Near)
charter: 3 (Tinsley, Hadhfang, Macavenger)
CF Riot: 1 (ShadowGirl)
Near: 1 (Walnut)

Not Voting:
Blackberry, Acidmix, Battousai, CF Riot

12 alive, 7 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote: Charter

As you can see, not answering questions is bad. Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone, but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Blackberry »

Netlava
-- (Post 30) unsure
-- (Post 33) Points out a scumtell, but that is it? Not vote, no accusation, nothing.

Near
-- makes a vote based on payback? sounds silly to me

Acidmix
-- I have nothing on you. You need to talk more.

Battousai Replaces FlyingFoxBat
-- You just posted right before I posted this. Tunnel-vision. Too focused on one person and no comment about anything else. I don't like this. Nor do I like your "As you can see not answering questions is bad" ... in my opinion, I can't see a townsperson saying that to someone.

charter
-- attempts to aide in giving Had ammo to attack me (Post 25)

-- (Post 37) I don't like this response. "Whatever answer I give you" implies to me you do not have a set answer because you are scum trying to think of an answer that will best benefit you
-- (Post 42) This post seems less scummy
-- (Post 48) He has brought up something interesting
Also, Had, you seem quite eager to vote me. You say refusing to answer questions is slightly scummy, but in your next post you vote for me.
Tinsley
-- I currently have a read of PRO-TOWN.
-- (Post 49) Tunnel-vision?

Macavenger
-- (Post 29) unsure
-- (Post 47) I agree with mostly everything he says. Except for the part about Walnut, it doesn't sound joking at all to me.

Walnut
-- (Post 41) Don't like your post whatsoever, sounds silly

Hadhfang
-- notes that my non-random-voting is odd

-- his second post seems odd to me (Post 28) unlike the first post it isn't an accusation pointing out what is odd, this post seems slightly defensive in my opinion?
-- (Post 45) I don't know what to think of you yet
-- (Post 50) You ask him to answer the question. I don't see the point in answering the question at this point. It seems scummy to me to ask him to answer a question that doesn't matter. Explain to me the purpose of answering the question? Perhaps I am missing something.

CF Riot
-- I am interested to see where this leads... (Post 31)
-- (Post 38) Either really good scum, or good player. Last sentence seems odd to me. Trying too much to proove he isn't scum?
-- (Post 44) Now appearing to be an over-aggresive person

ShadowGirl
-- (Post 32) Unsure

Vote: Hadhfang
I'm not certain yet. Let's see where this leads...
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Hadhfang »

@ blackberry

It wasn't so much about the answering of the question, it was the fact that Charter was refusing to answer still and then sayign we were making a big deal out of nothing. note that I didn't say "then answer the question" I said "then why not answer it" asking him why he was so stubbornly refusig to answer when that was putting more pressure on him. For saying he is so eager to prove to us that he is town he wasn't helping his case by not answering the question.

if that makes sense.

As for the post Charter made in 48, I did touch upon that in post 50, though I perhaps should elaborate.

I said that his refusing to answer the question was "slightly scummy" and in my next post I voted for him.

however, In that post I also pointd out that the tye of question Charter had been asked was different to a loaded question. The question was a simple "what do you think?" in essence, yet Charter got all defensive about it. I did make the point about him him being defensive, but to elaborate on that, I feel that Charter is being a bit too defensive at this moment in time, especially when considering that when he made that post he only had 2 votes on him (I think?) and one of which was a random vote.
This space is left intentionally blank.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:Way to look like you're contributing but just reiterating what has already been said. Setting yourself up so you can jump on board too?
You're right most of what I've said has been said by someone else, I even pointed that out at the start of post 46. But I'm not trying to "look like I'm contributing", thanks for wording it that way.

We're in the first few pages of Day 1, we don't have much to work with right now. I'm just stating my opinion.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Unfortunately, at the moment I have to study for two exams tommorow so no thorough posts until I get home from school on Friday. However, if anyone has any questions for me I'd be happy to answer them.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Netlava »

CF Riot wrote:Charter you say Blackberry's actions seem odd. On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess in your eyes right now.
This post is scummy because of the way you force charter to take a stance on Blackberry this early in the game while placing the responsibility entirely on him. Charter says Blackberry's actions seem odd? What do they like seem to you? I would consider that a loaded question.

Charter's response isn't scummy to me, because I consider CF Riot's question a loaded question, and therefore his response is justified.
CF Riot wrote: Netlava you think what is strange? Mac saying firmcon, or you not being able to compare it to anything? (just wondering)
I'm curious why you ask?
CF Riot wrote:Post 38
Pretty convincing. However, "On a scale of 1-10 rank his scumminess" does not seem like a question you would ask if you were suspicious of charter in the first place. I would expect a question with a distinctively different flavor.

Unvote, Vote: CF Riot
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Battousai »

Battousai Replaces FlyingFoxBat -- I have nothing on you. You need to talk more.
-- You just posted right before I posted this. Tunnel-vision. Too focused on one person and no comment about anything else. I don't like this. Nor do I like your "As you can see not answering questions is bad" ... in my opinion, I can't see a townsperson saying that to someone.
Didn't even noticed I wrote that lol. I guess I was still in the IC mode. I know you are writing how you feel about everyone, but how can 1 post be tunnel-vision? I know I could have posted how I felt about EVERYONE like you did, but I feel it did not warrant it at that time.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 am

Post by CF Riot »

Haha, Blackberry (can I call you BB?) when I first read your post I got sort of protective and instantly scum flashed through my mind. But after I settled down and looked at some of the posts you referenced, I'm glad you're being honest and keeping all the options open. In your post you point out 6 different people you are suspicious of, or at least who have posts you don't feel good about. Half of me dislikes that, and the other half loves it. I'll see what happens because of it.

About being over-aggressive, I actually wondered myself if I was. This is why I haven't voted for Charter yet. I think as soon as I got the ball rolling on him, he had plenty of pressure to make him react. I honestly didn't think I'd pull so many votes to him from what I said. Battousai, you pop in after Charter is obviously floundering and is tied for most votes at 3, so what do you think your vote will do to turn up the heat with no accusations or opinions attached to it? Kind of a slippery move IMO. Honestly I would rather not put more votes on Charter at the moment, because while he's still my primary scum target, if we lynch him now, no one else is going to be questioned today. We still haven't even heard a word from ShadowGirl or AcidMix (or Near really, since 1 joke vote isn't much to go on).

I'm another of the players who has a problem with your post Walnut. I just honestly don't understand it. Basically, I'm still waiting for a reason not to vote for you Charter, because I'm happy with my read on you right now. I'm not asking you to rank anyone anymore, I'd just like any kind of input that you think would help clear your name. Saying "I can't do anything about being scummy" is the biggest scum move you've made so far. I'm not locked onto just you, so there's no need to just give up. If you've got any other suspects you can convince me of, I'll gladly vote
with
you instead of for you, but right now it's going to take a lot. I know the game hasn't been open long, so I understand inactivity, but the time for that being okay is almost up. I want to see some posting soon, and some actual content in them to.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:57 am

Post by CF Riot »

Netlava sorry I didn't answer, your post came up while I was writing that mammoth of a post. I don't think I was forcing Charter to take a stance because like I said, he said he felt that way first. I was more asking him to stick to his guns and expand on his meager posts. But if he is pro-town it wouldn't matter if I was forcing him to take a stance anyways, because he could just take it then counter-attack me and everyone would be happy. At that point in the game very little had been said even by Charter so I didn't really look too far into what he'd done. It was his answer, or lack of an answer, and all his following posts that convinced me to push harder.

For the whole fimcon thing I just really wasn't clear on your wording and was genuinely curious, but I also considered the possibility of you trying to make something little and insignificant (the way he confirmed) into an actual argument against him. I don't like when players do that. But it didn't look like that's what you were doing , and then I got all my tells on Charter so I dropped it and focused on him.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:59 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Oh, and
unvote
- now that the random stage of voting is over.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Hadhfang »

ShadowGirl wrote:Oh, and
unvote
Is that all?

I find this slightly odd that you would unvote just because the random stage is over, added to that you don't vote anyone else or give us any opinions. I appreciate that you have exams, but even with time constraints there was no real need to just unvote.

Although I can't see this as a scum tell, but slightly odd play.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:12 am

Post by charter »

Battousai wrote:
Vote: Charter

As you can see, not answering questions is bad. Now I don't think you should be lynched based on that alone, but I will add my vote on you to add on even more pressure.
What more is there to pressure? This has already been blown up and I can't see people still pursuing this instead of other better scumtells.

@Netlava, you know now everyone is going to string you up for defending me. OMG, Now we're scumbuddies!!!!!111... :roll:
Battousai wrote:
Battousai Replaces FlyingFoxBat -- I have nothing on you. You need to talk more.
Didn't even noticed I wrote that lol. I guess I was still in the IC mode. I know you are writing how you feel about everyone, but how can 1 post be tunnel-vision? I know I could have posted how I felt about EVERYONE like you did, but I feel it did not warrant it at that time.
How can one post be tunnel-visioned? You go from absolutely nothing to voting (not a random vote either), give a poor reason, post just one line, and completely ignore all the other players in your post. You still have yet to contribute anything other than a vote for me in this game. It seems to me that you're trying to lynch me just because I'm the popular person to vote for right now. You don't have any interest in finding something more concrete on someone (or me) but are satisfied that I'm scum because I didn't answer a question.

Tinsley and Battosai have both voted for me because I didn't answer a question. Had and Mac voted for me because they didn't like one of my posts. Neither of those reasons seems enough to me to vote for someone and stop focusing on everyone else. None of them (except Tinsley) has mentioned another player (except asking walnut to clarify) since voting for me.

Had - I think that he thinks that I'm actually scum, so he's just eager to get me lynched.

Battosai - Has no other objectives but lynching me.

Tinsley and Mac - not sure on them yet, I don't like tinsley's not thinking for himself and just restating what others have already said.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 am

Post by charter »

Hadhfang wrote:
unvote
Is that all?

I find this slightly odd that you would unvote just because the random stage is over, added to that you don't vote anyone else or give us any opinions. I appreciate that you have exams, but even with time constraints there was no real need to just unvote.

I've never heard the word slightly used so much. Rank how odd you think SG's post is on a scale from 1-10 right now. :roll:

also, since I don't have reason enough to vote for anyone now,
unvote
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:46 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Hadhfang wrote:
unvote
Is that all?

I noticed the vote count and saw that I was still voting for CF - I figured there was no point in leaving it there.

Why would I vote for someone blindly? At the moment I have no time to analyze the past page or so, and as such I can't give my opinions - they shall come tommorow.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Battousai »

I see my vote has gotten a reaction out of you charter. Just so you know, just because I vote for you doesn't mean I want you lynched. I wanted to see how defensive you would become with an additional vote on you.

SG's post was a mere 1.87
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by CF Riot »

charter wrote:Rank how odd you think SG's post is on a scale from 1-10 right now. :roll:
Nice. [= For a while I forgot about the Golden Rule of Mafia and this actually made me laugh.

I was about to post what I thought about the whole ShadowGirl thing but since you asked Had and not me I'll wait.

I don't think what Battousai did was tunnel vision, I think it was hiding behind a bandwagon. Which I consider worse.

Charter you make specific points about what you think of Had, Battousai, Tinsley, AND Mac in your post, but not me. I feel left out. =P
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by charter »

@riot, My asking Had was facetious, hence the rolleyes. I could care less on a numerical ranking of how slightly odd anyone thinks anything is. I didn't post something on you because you're not voting for me, I only did it for the people voting for me. I figured I'd wait until everyone's posted before I go doing them on everyone.

Sidenote, what's this golden rule of mafia you're referring to?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by CF Riot »

"Mafia is a game, so try to have fun and don't get too personal." It's on page 1 under the rules Mizzy lists.

Since I missed your sarcasm, (silly me) I don't think SG's posts are scummy. I think she's just a new player who is being overly cautious of leaving her vote on someone she isn't ready to vote for. Then again, my opinion is slightly swayed because she is unvoting me and I like her avatar. I don't like the fact that she has time to pop in and make short posts of why she's not posting, but no time to read, but I know that's different than reading all the info and critically thinking of a suspect.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

I don't think what Battousai did was tunnel vision, I think it was hiding behind a bandwagon
Thank you....

I'm not hiding behind a bandwagon, I just tripped and fell behind a rather large fellow :)
How can one post be tunnel-visioned? You go from absolutely nothing to voting (not a random vote either), give a poor reason, post just one line, and completely ignore all the other players in your post
Lets see, I just now got on the game (I'm a replacement). That takes care of the from nothing part. I didn't post just one line, I posted 2 plus the vote line. I ignored all other players because I didn't feel like giving an anaylsis on page 3 of every player. There, that's my defense to that.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by charter »

What I'm saying is, you came into the game, and chose to only say anything about me. There is definately something that could have been said about another player. Everytime I've seen someone replace into a game, including at the very beginning, they've offered opinions on more than one person.

One line meant it took up one line on my screen, not one sentence, but lets not argue about this. The point was it was a short post.

You didn't feel like giving an analysis on page three of every player. You didn't have to do every player. You could have done at least one other player, but you actively chose to single out me. It almost seems like you're waiting for arguments to made against other players so you can just reiterate those. Not much original posting going on from you.

Also you try and play off Riot's assessment of you as a joke on his part, when it seemed obviously to be serious to me.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by CF Riot »

It was. And I also brought you (Battousai) up in an earlier post (60) that you haven't responded to.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Battousai »

"so what do you think your vote will do to turn up the heat with no accusations or opinions attached to it?"

It did exactly what I thought it do. It made Charter more overly defensive, And my "joke" was all too serious as well. I agree that my vote is a bandwagon vote, it's the definition of a bandwagon vote, I give hardly any real reasonings and jump on the person everyone was attacking. But like I said previously, I don't wish charter lynched yet, my vote was only reactionary.

Since Charter has seemed to mellowed out and any reaction from the vote will still be there if I unvote, I'll
UNVOTE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”