Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Megatron »

ashmite84 wrote:This new rule makes things very interesting. You didn't think ABR would make a vig themed game and allow the vig kills to not be utilized did you? :p I personally like the new rule, that's why I joined this game in the first place. Having said that, if assassinating against the majority's wishes, and you get it wrong, do so at your own risk.
Agreed.
ashmite84 wrote:Also I don't think alerts should be discussed unless you are desperate (about to get the chop etc.)
Honestly, I don't see how discussing alerts could ever do much other than paint a huge target on someone's back.
F*** the autobots
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:50 am

Post by andersonw »

Megatron wrote:
ashmite84 wrote:Also I don't think alerts should be discussed unless you are desperate (about to get the chop etc.)
Honestly, I don't see how discussing alerts could ever do much other than paint a huge target on someone's back.
QFT
And also, if you are about to be assassinated, there's no point in saying who your alerts are, since a) You don't know who has the kill, and b) Other people could think that you are lying about your alerts.
But if you happen to place an alert on the person who has a kill, I'm not sure what would happen if you tell the town truthfully about that.

Claus wrote:Setup discussion is bad because it detracts from scumhunting. Scum can discuss the setup just as well as town, without leaving out the necessary clues we need to hunt them down.

A certain ammount of setup discussion, of course, is necessary - but speculation about the number and groups of scum like batt did on page 2 at this stage of the game is empty discussion.
Ah, thanks. I'll try to find that thread.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Let's make it interesting.

vote: farside22
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:21 am

EBWOP I was already voting farside, haha.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:11 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Damn... can't believe I missed all of this stuff yesterday and earlier today... what's the vote count on farside?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:51 am

Post by farside22 »

GhostWriter wrote:Damn... can't believe I missed all of this stuff yesterday and earlier today... what's the vote count on farside?
Can you not read or you looking for a BW to hid under?

Unvote:
Vote: GhostWriter

Ass: DGB

Her less then spectacular post are not normal.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:56 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Actually, I am opposed to your bangwagon. I believe that it's the perfect opportunity for the rebels to jump on, since I believe that it's obvious that your idea was taken out of context.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

farside22 wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:Damn... can't believe I missed all of this stuff yesterday and earlier today... what's the vote count on farside?
Can you not read or you looking for a BW to hid under?

Unvote:
Vote: GhostWriter

Ass: DGB

Her less then spectacular post are not normal.
Those both seem like OMGUS votes to me.

I still don't see the logic behind your idea of making alerts public either. At first, it came off to me as if you had alerts or thought that everyone had alerts to place since you addressed everyone. At that time, I thought only the loyalist were able to place alerts so I didn't bother changing my vote regardless of how suspicious your post seemed. But since you and the mod seemed to point out to me that it's possible for scum to have alerts as well, I don't see why I shouldn't vote you now.

Ass: farside22

[quote="Ghost]Actually, I am opposed to your bangwagon. I believe that it's the perfect opportunity for the rebels to jump on, since I believe that it's obvious that your idea was taken out of context.[/quote]
Can you explain to me how her idea would've been beneficial at all? From what I understand, the only reason she wanted to make alerts public was that scum would not place alerts on their scum partner. But loyalist have alerts as well. How will this help you determine if anyone is innocent or guilty?
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Megatron »

GhostWriter wrote:Actually, I am opposed to your bangwagon. I believe that it's the perfect opportunity for the rebels to jump on, since I believe that it's obvious that your idea was taken out of context.
Taken out of context? I'm not buying that - it seemed more like a scummy poke to see how much information people would leak, and afterward turned into what looks a lot more like damage control than an honest explanation.
F*** the autobots
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Battousai »

I have a question for you all? Should we use the vig kill on D1/N1? I mean, there's less information and D1 I usually feel uncomfortable lynching somone on such sort notice, but 2 kills? I think we should at least wait till the end of the second meeting where there is more information.

That's my two cents on the kill.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

2 days left to use the kill before it becomes hidden, if it has been with the town from the beginning.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:51 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Battousai wrote:I have a question for you all? Should we use the vig kill on D1/N1? I mean, there's less information and D1 I usually feel uncomfortable lynching somone on such sort notice, but 2 kills? I think we should at least wait till the end of the second meeting where there is more information.

That's my two cents on the kill.
If town has the kill now and we wait past 7 days, it transfers to another person. If it transfers to a scum, they get a free kill. Using the kill now gives us a chance to hit scum at least.

Can't we get a 2 day extension on the assassination kill as the new ruling was enacted when there was 5 days left?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:58 am

No. In 2 days, if the kill is not used, it will become hidden if the conditions set in the new rule are met. Anyone will be able to kill with impunity.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:00 am

Prodded L and MafiaSSK
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Megatron »

There is only one answer then - we kill someone within the next 48 hours. If the daykill is to be used, it is in our best interests to SEE WHO USES IT so that if they go against the wishes of the town that they are held accountable.

As for me, well, she already has my lynch vote, for reasons I've already listed, but to clarify,
F*** the autobots
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:No. In 2 days, if the kill is not used, it will become hidden if the conditions set in the new rule are met. Anyone will be able to kill with impunity.
I meant because of the new ruling, it's like we lost the first two days because we were playing without it. Meh, whatever though.

I don't feel like looking through and counting up the assassination votes, but I guess it's farside so far. Don't remember seeing any votes for anyone else.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Battousai »

But the thing is, chances of it going to the scum is less, since they are the minority.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:19 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

I don't really know if it's worth risking. Farside22 is like the only one I found suspicious. I don't have any other suspects either, but I haven't read through the thread carefully yet.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 am

Post by farside22 »

SleepyPanda wrote:I don't really know if it's worth risking. Farside22 is like the only one I found suspicious. I don't have any other suspects either, but I haven't read through the thread carefully yet.
That is because most people are lurking. Really lets kill active people because of them making suggestions instead of people just coming in and voting. Good plan. :roll:
Still looking at DBG
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:03 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

farside22 wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:I don't really know if it's worth risking. Farside22 is like the only one I found suspicious. I don't have any other suspects either, but I haven't read through the thread carefully yet.
That is because most people are lurking. Really lets kill active people because of them making suggestions instead of people just coming in and voting. Good plan. :roll:
Still looking at DBG
The reason why I'm suspicious of you is because of your suggestion to make alerts public. You've explained your reasoning, or tried to, but I still do not see the logic behind it. Yes, it was a suggestion, but I don't see how it helps town in any way.

Lurkers are in every game and since there's only a week before kills go silent, it makes it more difficult. Ask for prods, I don't know. There's only 2 days left so prods probably won't even matter at this point. I don't know what you want me to do. Go find someone who is more suspicious than you and try and convince everyone else.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:11 am

Post by farside22 »

SleepyPanda wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Still looking at DBG
The reason why I'm suspicious of you is because of your suggestion to make alerts public. You've explained your reasoning, or tried to, but I still do not see the logic behind it. Yes, it was a suggestion, but I don't see how it helps town in any way.

Lurkers are in every game and since there's only a week before kills go silent, it makes it more difficult. Ask for prods, I don't know. There's only 2 days left so prods probably won't even matter at this point. I don't know what you want me to do. Go find someone who is more suspicious than you and try and convince everyone else.
The lurkers are going to get off right now. Hopefully some people might see them as unproductive and kill them. How does coming in and voting with no reason not look suspicious by the way?
Trust me on this after I'm dead people will become more active out of fear they will be next. At least I accomplished something in this game to get them out. If they don't you should just kill them because lurking is an easy thing to do in this game without being shot.
L
L
Townie
L
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 am

Post by L »

Apologies, I'm here.

I was re-reading posts and I think either DrippingGoofball or farside22 should be assassinated.

I would prefer DrippingGoofball for voting farside22 twice without really saying why, or adding much else.

Ass: DrippingGoofball

Unvote

Vote: farside22
I did not understand how talking about alerts was in anyway helpful. I don't understand your point after you tried to clarify either.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

The scum could have panicked and gave away information that may have help come later. I didn't say tell me who you have alerts against by the way. I said people should state who they didn't trust coming into the game and to name 4 players. How in the world would people know which one(s) you have alerts against with 4 players named?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:44 pm

L wrote:Apologies, I'm here.

I was re-reading posts and I think either DrippingGoofball or farside22 should be assassinated.

I would prefer DrippingGoofball for voting farside22 twice without really saying why, or adding much else.

Ass: DrippingGoofball

Unvote

Vote: farside22
I did not understand how talking about alerts was in anyway helpful. I don't understand your point after you tried to clarify either.
Pot

Calling

Kettle

Black

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:45 pm

unvote, vote: L

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”