Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:14 am

Post by andersonw »

What's Naruto?
jk

Battousai wrote:We have 12 people so, 4 groups of 3, 3 groups of 4, 3 groups of 2 plus 6 regular members?
I doubt that we would have 4 groups of 3 or 3 groups of 4 because then it's not mafia anymore (uniformed majority vs. informed minority) so I agree with SleepyPanda that it's just two groups.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Battousai »

The first two, in my mind, were unlikely, but I still do feel there is more than 2 groups in the game. Possibly 6 vs 3 vs 3? I guess we'll find out D2 or D3 depending on the flavor of the the
night actions
day actions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Battousai wrote:The first two, in my mind, were unlikely, but I still do feel there is more than 2 groups in the game. Possibly 6 vs 3 vs 3? I guess we'll find out D2 or D3 depending on the flavor of the the
night actions
day actions.
What group are you with?

unvote:
vote: battousai
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Vote Count

Battousai - 2 (farside22, SleepyPanda)
Claus - 1 (MafiaSSK)
DrippingGoofball - 1 (andersonw)
SleepyPanda - 1 (Megatron)
farside22 - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (Claus)
L - 1 (Ghostwriter)
Ghostwriter - 1 (L)

Not voting - DrippingGoofball, ashmite84, Battousai

----------------------------

While we are specualting I'm more inclined to agree with Sleepy (9 vs.3 or 8 vs. 4)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Thanks for the vote count ashmite. If there are any mistakes guys, correct it and I will edit it in ash's post.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Claus »

Has your mom never told you that setup guessing D1 is bad?

unvote; ninja vote: battousai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Battousai, since you've decided to go ahead and imply that you are in a group, answering the question about which group you are in might be helpful to the town and you.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Battousai »

I can't, as it's part of the mod pm.... I'm in the majority (I think), that's all I can say (I think).

Why is setup guessing D1 bad when there is hardly any discussion about the game itself (other than random votes) going on? I'm trying to provoke thought. Also, where did I imply I'm in the scum group? By me saying I think there is more than one scum group? What if I said I think there are 9 townies and 3 scum based on the dynamic of many 12 player games? Would that be scummy, I'm making a guess that I do not know the answer to, but using reasoning? You guys act like I'm trying to convince you there are more than 1 group. In fact in my last post, I thought I gave the impression that I'm dropping the subject altogether with the last sentance.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

If we should have a discussion about the game-play, it should be about the assassination skill. How should it be used? In essence, all it does is speed up the game, but then again, it's the only possible way for the rebel faction to kill quickly. Without assassinations, they would only have lynching as an option.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I think it would be reasonable for us to agree not to use the assassinations. As SP pointed out, it's the scum's greatest advantage. I'd rather keep the decisions in the hands of the majority than in the hands of one person who may or may not be scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Megatron »

Agreed, and faster game means less info.
F*** the autobots
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:10 am

Post by ashmite84 »

Vote Count

Battousai - 3 (farside22, SleepyPanda, Claus)
Claus - 1 (MafiaSSK)
DrippingGoofball - 1 (andersonw)
SleepyPanda - 1 (Megatron)
farside22 - 1 (Mastermind of Sin)
L - 1 (Ghostwriter)
Ghostwriter - 1 (L)

Not voting - DrippingGoofball, ashmite84, Battousai
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

So is there anyone who does NOT agree to not use the assassinations? Let's just get that out of the way now. This is, of course, a point that can be rediscussed if we gain further info about the setup that indicates it to be a good thing to use them.
Permanent V/LA.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:So is there anyone who does NOT agree to not use the assassinations? Let's just get that out of the way now. This is, of course, a point that can be rediscussed if we gain further info about the setup that indicates it to be a good thing to use them.
This is a good idea actually. I was trying to think of not only the assassination part, but maybe talking about who we didn't trust coming into this game. What I mean is that we had to choose who we put Alerts against. Maybe not saying out and out who we have are alerts against, but stating who we think would do a kill against us and why we think that.
Does this make sense?
I was thinking maybe naming 4 people out of the 12 you think would kill you and why you think as such. Something to use as a reference as well.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

farside22 wrote: I was trying to think of not only the assassination part, but maybe talking about who we didn't trust coming into this game. What I mean is that we had to choose who we put Alerts against.
I don't really like how this was worded. Alerts were placed before the game started and before actual conversation began, so they were most likely placed randomly. I don't know how you not "trust" someone based on nothing. The only thing you have to go on are people's names.
farside22 wrote: Maybe not saying out and out who we have are alerts against, but stating who we think would do a kill against us and why we think that.
This sort of confuses me. In the previous sentence, you say to talk about people who we didn't trust. I assume those are the same people we would place the alerts on then. But then here, you say not to actually name them, but at the same time, say who we think would want to kill us? Wouldn't that pretty much be the same thing? It sounds good and all, but I don't see how we're suppose to get all this information. How do we know who wants to kill us? Your avatar has that evil looking monkey and it looks like it's pointing at me. Do you want to kill me?
farside22 wrote: Does this make sense?
I have to say no. :(
farside22 wrote: I was thinking maybe naming 4 people out of the 12 you think would kill you and why you think as such. Something to use as a reference as well.
Again, I'm not sure how we're suppose to have any idea who wants to kill us at this point. How about you? Do you have any list?

I also thought you agreed that no assassination was a good idea, so if there are no assassinations, alerts would also be meaningless.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Some people knew each other coming into this. Most people did not and had to take a shot in the dark on who might target or worry from with there alerts.
I was trying to say that without saying it. Oh well never mind at this point. Ruins the plan.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 am

New Rule
:

If a week goes by with the daykill in the Akatsuki loyalists' possession, without being used or taken by the rebel faction, the kills will become undisclosed. That means you will PM to me your target and no one will ever know it was you who got away with murder.

(mod edit: I forgot that not everyone will kill at the first chance like me)
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Battousai »

So the loyalists are the pro town and the rebel are the scum. So this means scum will have to use the killing power during the meeting? If so, then that means we should lynch anyone who kills during the meeting.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:08 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Mod doesn't like peace. :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

vote: farside22
for scum post of the year.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

Battousai wrote:So the loyalists are the pro town and the rebel are the scum. So this means scum will have to use the killing power during the meeting? If so, then that means we should lynch anyone who kills during the meeting.
Nono, I think what he's saying is if the Akatsuki does not use the assassination skill, then it will become silent. Like right now, to use it, we have to announce it inside the thread. However, if we don't use it, ANYONE is able to PM the mod the command instead, so we wouldn't know who used the command.

You are correct! -Mod
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 am

A couple questions were PM'd to me:
Question1 wrote:
If pro-town forces don't use the kill for the week that it is in their possession, the kill will become undisclosed and nobody will ever know the killer.
What if anti forces use the kill?
Then if it is randomly assigned to town, they have a whole week to use the kill before it becomes hidden.
Question2 wrote:What happens if a loyalist steals from another loyalist?
If you have 2 days left to use the kill, and another pro-town member steals the kill from you, that person will only have 2 days left to use it. They will not know how long they have left.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 am

IMPORTANT:

If the kills becomes undisclosed, the loyalist who at that point had the kill loses it, and it is once again given out randomly.
Megatron
Megatron
Goon
Megatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Megatron »

farside22 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:So is there anyone who does NOT agree to not use the assassinations? Let's just get that out of the way now. This is, of course, a point that can be rediscussed if we gain further info about the setup that indicates it to be a good thing to use them.
This is a good idea actually. I was trying to think of not only the assassination part, but maybe talking about who we didn't trust coming into this game. What I mean is that we had to choose who we put Alerts against. Maybe not saying out and out who we have are alerts against, but stating who we think would do a kill against us and why we think that.
Does this make sense?
I was thinking maybe naming 4 people out of the 12 you think would kill you and why you think as such. Something to use as a reference as well.
WHOA, are you serious? Did you actually just (hypothetical or not!) ask everyone to announce their alerts? Trying to zero in on a target?

vote: farside22
F*** the autobots
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 am

Just so you know, if the kill has been in townie hands all along up until now, you have 5 days left to use the kill before the end of the world as you know it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”