Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"If I die, I can be replaced."

The Fifty-Sixth Vote Count (aka the "The Laughing Mod" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1)
Cavebear with a toothache (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - iamausername
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (0) - Yosarian2, Grimmy, remussaidow, Nocmen, Cavebear with a toothache, Jex, Battousai

Votes required to lynch: 5

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (0)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Final Deadline:
~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 20, 2008.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:03 am

Post by remussaidow »

umm...

Yos, weren't you supposed to disapear day 3?
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Grimmy »

remussaidow wrote:umm...

I was going to ask the same question, but I reread the lynch scene and it says that the day continues. Im wondering why the vote was reset. Maybe we were supposed to lynch one of the two for the day? (Iam or Yos)?

Thoughts?
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:17 am

Post by iamausername »

Grimmy wrote:Maybe we were supposed to lynch one of the two for the day? (Iam or Yos)?

Thoughts?
Let's try lynching Grimmy first, and if that doesn't work either, we'll think about it.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(points to title)

Apparently, it's still day 3.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Grimmy wrote:

I was going to ask the same question, but I reread the lynch scene and it says that the day continues. Im wondering why the vote was reset. Maybe we were supposed to lynch one of the two for the day? (Iam or Yos)?

Thoughts?
Nice try, scum. But, no, I'm betting someone used some kind of ability to reset the vote count. And no one other then you, or one of your scumbuddies, would have a motive for doing that.

What you should have done was come out and admitted that you disrupted the vote, because then you probably would have been believed. But, as it is, I'm pretty sure you're lying scum here.

vote:Yosarian2
, which should go over to you.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Grimmy »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Grimmy wrote:

Thoughts?
Nice try, scum. But, no, I'm betting someone used some kind of ability to reset the vote count. And no one other then you, or one of your scumbuddies, would have a motive for doing that.

What you should have done was come out and admitted that you disrupted the vote, because then you probably would have been believed. But, as it is, I'm pretty sure you're lying scum here.

vote:Yosarian2
, which should go over to you.
Why would I reset the Rem vote, when I was one of the people voting for him?

Everyone was on the fence between me and Rem, so its pretty obvious that if the lynch of him did not occur, then I would be the next target, as a lynch of either holds the same weight for many of the people in this game.

Basically, why would I prevent a Rem lynch knowing it would lead to my own?

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Peculiar.
Tar wrote:Rule 30 Removed.
I assume this is what caused this, meaning the next lynch should work as intended. I wonder when, and why, and how, this rule came into existance; if it's been there all along or if it was the rule that was apparently introduced at the beginning of the day.
iamausername wrote:Let's try lynching Grimmy first, and if that doesn't work either, we'll think about it.
Why not try the person we've already (tried to) lynch/ed once first? Now, if it doesn't work this time either (with the mysterious rule 30 removed), we can talk.

Vote: iamausername
(-> remus). Remus is still my preferred lynch for the day. He's basically claiming unnightkillable townie, which, while it would be great if it was confirmable, isn't confirmable. AFAIK.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Battousai »

Since my last vote was messed up, I'm going to revote.

FOS: Grimmy, Rem; Vote: Yos (grimmy)

I was going to vote rem, but post 527 really stuck out to me. I'll feel much more comfortable with this lynch than Rem's.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I have a gut feeling that rule 30 had to do with my being a replacable townie, though I have no actual confirmation on this. This is my role name, btw: Rei Ayanami (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), in case anybody can/want/find if there are any hints as to whether or not y'all believe my claim of a replaceable townie.

Cavebear, sure its confirmable. Get scum to try and nightkill me, and then ask whoever the hell replaces me how they got here. Or a vig, or an SK, or anyone else who might be in this godforsaken confusion of a game. Barring that, I'm just asking for a little faith.

Yos, you're right. I didn't realize that day reset, not ended. My bad on that one. Save that question for tomorrow then, if you're still around.

I'm in favor of the plan of trying to lynch grimmy first then if that fails choose between iam and yos (though we all know my choice will be Iam).
vote: yos
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Pizza Hut supports the Rebellion!"

The Fifty-Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Rule 30 Was The Rule Introduced at the Start of the Day" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (1)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (4)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - iamausername, Yosarian2, Battousai, remussaidow
iamausername (0) - Cavebear with a toothache

Not Voting (3) - Grimmy, Nocmen, Jex

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (1) - Battousai
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1) - Battousai
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Final Deadline:
User out of ambit.

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by remussaidow »

happy birthday mod!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

remussaidow wrote: I'm in favor of the plan of trying to lynch grimmy first then if that fails choose between iam and yos (though we all know my choice will be Iam).
Why do people keep saying stuff like this?

Isn't it obveous that Iam is not a lyncher, that he's a pro-town person who was just confused?

And "town has to keep lynching until the survivor dies" would be the dumbest mechanic ever.

Now, I'm not sure who or what disrupted the lynch today (probably who), but it wasn't any part of my role, ok?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by remussaidow »

obviously its not obvious to me yos, I still don't think that he was town.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Jex »

vote yos (grimmy)

I'm pretty sure rem is telling the truth about his role being a replaceable townie since the day continued after he was lynched. I don't see that as being a scum role, although who knows. So now I'm going with grimmy since he was on the top of my list as well.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Jex »

After reading through this page again a little more thoroughly, I decided I need to say more.

Rem originally described his role as being unkillable once. He assumed that only meant nightkills and not lynches. However, after being lynched, he is still with us which makes me assume that his role worked the same with lynches as it did with night kills. I believe that was his one shot and surviving, and that if we lynch him again he will die.

However, I do not think that a scum player would be given the ability to live through a lynch. I especially think that if this was a scum role, it would be made more clear that he could survive a lynch instead of just a night kill. Scum tend to be more worried about surviving a lynch than being night killed by another faction, especially when there doesn't seem to be a 2nd killing faction in this game (based on the only having 1 kill a night so far).

Therefore, I no longer believe Rem to be scum based on the above facts. Thus my vote rests on grimmy who is now on the top of my list.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"..I am falling, I am fading, I have lost it all, help me to breathe..."

The Fifty-Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Now the Day Ends" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (1)
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (5)
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0) - iamausername, Yosarian2, Battousai, remussaidow, Jex
iamausername (0) - Cavebear with a toothache

Not Voting (2) - Grimmy, Nocmen

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (1) - Battousai
Grimmy (rep. Musher333) (1) - Battousai
Jex (0)
Nocmen (0)
Yosarian2 (0)
iamausername (0)

Final Deadline:

Lynch Count has been reached. End of Day scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 3

After the previous antics that prevented the remussaidow lynch, your little band quickly decides that it should lynch someone not named remussaidow today. After a brief discussion, Grimmy is called forth to the stand.

"Wha... but I didn't stop the remus lynch! That should be obvious, seeing as I'm a man and it was a girl who dragged remus off!" says Grimmy.

"Wait, you're a guy? We really should have had you claim," mutter several other members of the crowd.

"Whatever," says Jex. "You still need to die today."

"No, seriously, I'm Town! You're making a huge mistake!" yells Grimmy.

"Shut up. We lynch you now."

As the rope is placed around Grimmy's neck, he loses it completely. "You mortals would dare do this to Masami Eiri? You would dare do this to me? I, who created the Wired? I, who art thy God? I tried to help to help you rid the town of those who would conform you, and this is the thanks I receive?"

A scary change appears in Grimmy's expression. "Very well. If I can't stop the evil in this place, if I can't save myself, then at least I can take one of you with me. Namely, the guy that put the noose around my neck."

As death stares him in the face, Jex begins to mutter... "Aw, crap. Well, maybe someone can figure out what the hell I was doing here. Congratulations my foot!"

One messy explosion and cleanup later, you trudge to the respective houses of Grimmy and Jex. First up is Grimmy's house... or rather the box with computer equipment that he had been living in for some time... or rather the box in which Grimmy had died in order to live on in the Wired. It would seem that he was telling the truth about being Eiri Masami, God of the Wired, and that he was helping you as best he could.

Second is the Japanese-styled apartment belonging to Jex. It's a rather trippy place, with some seriously out-of-date technology, some papers on "Angels", "Evas", and "Instrumentality", and a few stories nearly as confusing as the last two episodes of Evangelion...

Wait a minute, maybe there's a reason for that...

A quick check of Jex's body reveals the truth in the form of a NERV ID. Jex must have been Shinji Ikari, and considering that fact and the fact that he had written a diary about Instrumentality he's probably happier now that he's dead. Unfortunately, you aren't, because it's clear after the search that he had no desire to dominate the minds of others.

You exit back into the clearing at the center of town to find a final surprise: Yosarian2, now clearly revealed as what can only be described as a Star Child, has opened a warp vortex in the middle of town. "It's been fun watching you guys run around killing each other," he says, "but for the sake of my sanity I really need to get the frak out of here. I'd like to take you with me, but since I'm the only person here from my prime radiant I really can't afford to help you out with that. Besides, it wouldn't be fun!"

Yosarian2 then disappears into the closing warp rift, leaving your world behind. As you walk away, one of you notices that the chalkboard in the center of the square that's been used for votecounts seems different somehow.

Did Yosarian take something else with him when he left?

Grimmy, Eiri Masami, God of the Wired (from Serial Experiments Lain), Townie with a God Complex, Lynched Day 3
Jex, Shinji Ikari (from Neon Genesis Evangelion), Amnesiac Vanilla Townie, Hammered the Supersaint Day 3

Yosarian2, The Star Child (from 2001: A Space Odyssey), Neutral Ozmodiar, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Warped Out Day 3

Rule 20 Removed
Rule 21 Removed

Announcement: I will have somewhat limited access for the next few days due to packing for college. (I would have notified you of this in one or two days if not for the lynch being reached so quickly.) I am making a short-term modification to Rule 13 due to this. See below for details. - Tar

It is now Night 3. Due to your Mod's impending Limited Access, I will give you the opportunity to start Day 4 earlier than would normally be possible. I will start Day 4 in about 48 hours (~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 15, 2008) if (and only if) all night actions are in by that time. If night actions are still outstanding as of ~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 15, 2008, Day 4 will instead start in approximately 96 hours (~6:00 P.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 17, 2008).

In layman's terms, Day 4 will start in 2 days if all night actions are in by that time; otherwise Day 4 will start in 4 days.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Day 4

"Welcome, strangers. You can call me the Omniscient. I have called you together to draw your attention to the special circumstances that have arisen overnight.

First, as you will see if you look outside the windows, you will notice that you are in a mansion on a island. We found you lying on the shore late yesterday evening after one of our maids saw bright flash of light on the far end of the island. Do not worry about food or shelter; my mansion's excellent maid and butler staff will make sure that you are comfortable until we can find a way to get you back home. Also, do not worry about paying for your expenses here: I am wealthy and can afford to help strangers in dire peril that appear on my doorstep. Unfortunately, with one exception, we have been unable to figure out who you are, and despite my omniscience I have no idea where you come from or how you wound up on this island. If you have any information about either subject that can assist me in my efforts to return you home, I would be grateful to hear about it.

Second, if you have looked out the windows, you probably noticed that this mansion is on a small island that is currently being buffeted by a typhoon. This island is over twenty kilometers from the shore and the typhoon is unusually intense, so returning to the mainland is currently impossible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Third, it would seem that we have at least one killer in our midst. When we opened Nocmen's door this morning to bring him - or, rather, her - to this room, we found her dead body lying in the bed. We believe the cause of death was poison. We're still not 100% sure about her identity, but she had supernatural powers and a strong resemblance to a certain Haruhi Suzumiya from the well-known light novel series. If she actually was Haruhi, then I don't see how she could have been any threat to any of us, but obviously I can't be sure unless one of you can verify that Haruhi Suzumiya could have been in your group. She could have been, you say? In that case, let us presume that she was innocent and no threat to any of us.

Since your current situation is a direct threat to my staff and myself as well as you, I am willing to help you identify the enemy or enemies in your midst. If a majority of players ask, I will investigate a player using all means legally available to me and tell whether that player is a threat to us. I assure you that the investigations of my staff are swift and accurate.

Shall we begin?"

Nocmen, Haruhi Suzumiya (from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Townie Dreaming God, Poisoned Night 3

New Rule: Rule 22.

It is now Day 4
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

A Quick Guide as to How Not to Get Modkilled for Quoting Your Role PM When Claiming:

1) Do not quote the name of any ability that you possess unless it is the common name for said ability. Quoting an ability name is a one-way ticket to Modkillville.

2) Do not plagiarize the text of your abilities. If your ability is a common one, I recommend that you use the common description of that ability. Otherwise, make sure to summarize your ability in your own words.

3) Do not plagiarize the flavor text or reminder text
(these two are better known as italic text)
of your role PM. Easier said than done, I know, but it's the only way to avoid modkill... well, okay, you could just not say anything about flavor/reminder text instead, but where's the fun in that?

4) When in doubt, either don't post it or run it by the mod first.

Just some useful suggestions! - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Yes, a lone island. I was thinking, she'd probably conjure a condition in which the island is somehow sealed off, and during this time when no one can escape, someone would get murdered. A hilltop mansion in the middle of a blizzard or a lone island in the middle of a tropical storm are the perfect ingredients for a 'closed circle', where there is no way for the authorities to get involved. The ultimate stage for a crime mystery."

The Fifty-Ninth Vote Count (aka the "Not 48 Hours, But Close Enough" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
iamausername (0)

Not Voting (4) - Battousai, remussaidow, Cavebear with a toothache, iamausername

Votes required to lynch: 3

FoS Count:

Battousai (0)
remussaidow (0)
iamausername (0)

Current Deadline:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 29, 2008.
First Mod Deadline Review:
~12:00 A.M. Central Standard Time (GMT -6), August 22, 2008.
User out of ambit.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:45 am

Post by iamausername »

So, do we massclaim before or after we no lynch?
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 am

Post by remussaidow »

username, are you saying we advocate voting no lynch, or are you recognizing the fact that there will not be a lynch today.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:29 am

Post by iamausername »

The first. I'm almost certain that we have three town, one scum here; if there were more than one on the same side, it'd be game over, and if there were more than one scum faction, we'd have been seeing more night kills.

I really think we have more chance of lynching correctly in a three man endgame than a four man endgame. I'm just not sure if it will be better for us if whatever town powers we have left are revealed or not before we go to night.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:32 am

Post by iamausername »

Wait, I should pay more attention. Rule 22! Woah, that seems too good to be true.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”