Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Wumbo »

Also at StrangerCoug: already claimed, Journey style...
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Wumbo wrote:Hmmm. Looks like my death is coming up rather quickly. At any rate I hardly call an absurdly fast bandwagon "serious business" but we do need someone to lynch at the end of the day, I suppose.
If you don't think the bandwagon on you is serious business and you want to live past today, then stop posting nonsense. You're becoming less believable with every post you make.
Wumbo wrote:Also at StrangerCoug: already claimed, Journey style...
Where is this?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Wumbo »

Just a small town blue, living in a scummy world.
I'm sorry, but it is my general belief that a 5 man bandwagon in the span of 12 hours is a little more than absurd. I could understand 2-3 votes, but moving it up to L-1 is a little silly. I'm not sure what kind of response the rest of the town so desires, but so far as helping the town it's provided very little information about any other player (except myself, of course) and is quite bothersome to me. Lurking is not purely a scum tell, and I'll laugh myself to the graveyard if I was ever so spiteful. And believe me, I am. But as I have stated before, I want a logical hammer.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, you're a vanilla townie. But if that's your claim, then you did it at L-5, which is way too early.

If you can adequately defend your vote on Tom at #69, then I'll consider unvoting you, but not before I see it.

Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Wumbo »

There's nothing about it. I know him IRL, so I just voted to mess with him. I dunno what to say other than that.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by imaginality »

StrangerCoug wrote:OK, you're a vanilla townie. But if that's your claim, then you did it at L-5, which is way too early.
What the tiger said. Why did you claim vanilla townie that soon, when only geraintm and I had voted you at that point?
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Wumbo »

*shrugs* No particular reason. I figured more people would come in after and try to put more pressure on me, so I might as well have claimed. Also, I found it an amusing way to claim. Now that I think about it, it's mostly because I found it an amusing way to claim. But I did predict the bandwagon \o/
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Wumbo »

At the risk of sounding more "scummy" by directing attention away from myself, I do think that we need to seriously look into any of the 6 who have put on a vote. I'm more than willing to die Day 1, I'm not a power role for the town, but if possible, dragging out my lynch for more information would be nice. Anyone who hammers without extended discussion would seem very scummy, at least to me.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

imaginality wrote:What the tiger said. Why did you claim vanilla townie that soon, when only geraintm and I had voted you at that point?
The only thing remotely close to a tiger that I see is Tom. Read the last four letters of my username and guess what should come after it.

Don't worry; it's a pretty common mistake by people who don't know me well.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oops, sorry about that. The only cougars I've seen were considerably less orange than your pic, but I guess they were only distant relations...
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Dark wingstalker »

I'd like to believe you wumbo, really i would. But your posts are getting less and less cohesive.

to me, it sounds something like "I dont care if i die, BUT I DONT WANT TO, PLEASE DONT KILL ME".

and if you are a vanilla townie, why claim it so damn early?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by nhat »

unvote

vote - dark wingstalker

Certainly Wumbo's inaction after his serious business comment rubbed me the wrong way, and the bandwagon developed from there, but wingstalker, was it really called for to put him at L-1? I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack. Why risk it? And the "I'm gonna give you 12 hours to respond" ultimatum is lousy for an L-1 vote. In my experience, people who do this can just say that the response was insufficient, knowing good and well that they've decided beforehand to vote for the person. We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Wumbo »

I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack.
Oh, I was so tempted.

And dark wingstalker, my aforementioned status is that way because even if I die, the town still has a chance to win. Information is also crucial for them to win.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by imaginality »

Wumbo wrote:my aforementioned status is that way because even if I die, the town still has a chance to win. Information is also crucial for them to win.
Information doesn't particularly help the town if it means people claiming vanilla townie when there are only a couple of votes on them, to help the mafia narrow down who the power roles are.

Information in the way of posts discussing, challenging, arguing, making a case against someone, pointing out noteworthy reactions, etc. and so on, is useful, but for someone who (rightly) claims 'information is crucial for [town] to win', you weren't exactly contributing much along those lines earlier.

Also, I'm slightly intrigued by your phrasing: "...even if I die, the town still has a chance to win. Information is also crucial for
them
to win," (my highlight) rather than "...for
us
to win."
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I dont have a clue what L-1 means??
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Dark wingstalker wrote:I dont have a clue what L-1 means??
Lynch minus one. That means that, unless somebody unvotes, the next vote on that person kills him or her.

Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Wumbo »

Also, I'm slightly intrigued by your phrasing: "...even if I die, the town still has a chance to win. Information is also crucial for them to win," (my highlight) rather than "...for us to win."
Ho ho. If you would note the context in which I used the pronoun them, it was meant to distance myself from the rest of the town, as I would be watching from the graveyard and unable to contribute actively (i.e. be a part of the 'us'.) Not being pretentious here, just saying.

As for the early claim, damage done. I can't really say much more about that.

As for "not giving relevant information" earlier, damage also done. So I lurked while the thread was boring. I'm here defending myself and stating my reasons for lurking and inactivity, and yet you still want to harp on that? Go ahead. Bit of a broken record though.
Information in the way of posts discussing, challenging, arguing, making a case against someone, pointing out noteworthy reactions, etc. and so on, is useful, but for someone who (rightly) claims 'information is crucial for [town] to win', you weren't exactly contributing much along those lines earlier.
Sorry that I don't fish for things to say. I'm a bit of a blunt kind of guy and when something is of interest I will speak on it.

As for dark wingstalker, I think he may have just been overeager in casting a vote without really counting. I'm still suspicious of imaginality and Kenfucius at this point, but nhat does bring up a good point. So for now I'll harp on dark wing

vote: dark wingstalker

Not that it truly matters because I claimed early, but what was your purpose in bringing me to L-1? You offered nothing other than "that wasn't a good defense" when others at least posted something about their suspicions.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:16 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

He may have been very hasty bringing you to L-1 but it was a very good method of getting you to talk. I don't really see why you claimed though. It doesn't really serve much of a purpose except that it's either a scum hoping that he's safe by claiming so early, a power role hoping that he's safe by claiming so early, or a townie that hasn't thought things through.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Wumbo »

Well, that's just for you to find out now isn't it. :)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

just caught up after a weekend.
firstly
unvote

my vote was a random vote, and it shouldnt be there as part of a lynch

rather pleased to see wumbo actually, you know, like , posting now. glad this game has caught his attention. shame it took a near lynch to do so
will post more later
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Wumbo wrote:Well, that's just for you to find out now isn't it. :)
Oh, don't worry, at the moment I think you're pro-town. It's just that the move wasn't thought through too much. Either that or you're an evil genius that has planned this to a T.
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Litral »

There is a lot going on that's very interesting to analyze here, but there is also a lot going on in my life. So I'll be posting a much more thorough analysis within 48 hours.

But for now,
vote: Wumbo
by this principle: anyone vanilla townie who has claimed is completely useless to the town, and should be lynched, unless there is a far better candidate. If you disagree with/don't understand my application of this logic, say so, and I'll try to explain in my next more thorough post.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:15 am

Post by geraintm »

i think at the moment, it is interesting who is on the wumbo wagon. might have to revote just so i can say wumbo wagon again
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 am

Post by geraintm »

oh, request vote ocunt and stuff
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:43 am

StrangerCoug wrote: Lynch minus one. That means that, unless somebody unvotes, the next vote on that person kills him or her.
Oh, always wondered what that meant. Well, I wasn't counting when I voted, my mistake.

I see its at l-1 again, and i'm not 100% sure wumbo is scum, i just wanted to rattle his cage abit, so
unvote

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”