Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:Here is my thoughts on better solvers then others. If you are town and you don't know someones alignment or what someone will win as there prize then why keep them in the game at all. This is still mafia and we are still looking for scum. Since I don't know either player as scum or town and I know only my own alignment. I will keep the pet mascot.

vote: nhat
Yeah, but odds at this point favor X random guy being town, and unless this is secretly every man for himself, odds therefore imply that X random guy is going to be on your side if you're town. Since the prize is most likely beneficial, and this is most likely still a team game, it makes the most sense to me to keep the good puzzlers alive unless we have reason to think they're scum, unless you don't trust anybody else to handle the prize or something. The more puzzle ability we have in the game, the greater the odds town gets the puzzle right. Yeah, scum has better odds too, but town has a bigger pool of talent, so it benefits more. I have no idea if that makes sense the way I put it, but it makes perfect sense to me. >_> The only reasons I can think of for wanting to kill a good puzzler for being a good puzzler are being part of a minority faction (ie scum) or heaps of confidence in one's self.

Also, anybody wanna help the n00b and tell me what nhat meant by IGMEOY? <_<
##NL imo
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Tombolo wrote:
farside22 wrote:Here is my thoughts on better solvers then others. If you are town and you don't know someones alignment or what someone will win as there prize then why keep them in the game at all. This is still mafia and we are still looking for scum. Since I don't know either player as scum or town and I know only my own alignment. I will keep the pet mascot.

vote: nhat
Yeah, but odds at this point favor X random guy being town, and unless this is secretly every man for himself, odds therefore imply that X random guy is going to be on your side if you're town. Since the prize is most likely beneficial, and this is most likely still a team game, it makes the most sense to me to keep the good puzzlers alive unless we have reason to think they're scum, unless you don't trust anybody else to handle the prize or something. The more puzzle ability we have in the game, the greater the odds town gets the puzzle right. Yeah, scum has better odds too, but town has a bigger pool of talent, so it benefits more. I have no idea if that makes sense the way I put it, but it makes perfect sense to me. >_> The only reasons I can think of for wanting to kill a good puzzler for being a good puzzler are being part of a minority faction (ie scum) or heaps of confidence in one's self.

Also, anybody wanna help the n00b and tell me what nhat meant by IGMEOY? <_<
The problem is we don't know if the good puzzler is scum or town. I understand what you mean by odds for town at this moment. What does a no lynch give us though?
IGMEOY = I got my eye on you.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Tombolo »

Well, if we don't have any particular reason to lynch somebody, and we don't even know that we can lynch scum, it might be better not to risk a mislynch until we get more info and a better grasp on how the mechanics work for puzzles and such.

Plus, I'm one of those annoying people who likes to NL day 1 anyway, as I hate having to vote somebody without anything to go on. There aren't as many ways to find scum d1, and fewer to defend when attacked. Then again, days here last a while, so that at least gives enough time for conversation to develop in interesting fashions...
##NL imo
Khelvaster
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Khelvaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Khelvaster »

Mod: How often do challenges come about?

Anyway, until we know more, I'll
Vote: No Lynch
Lag actually does exist in real life. For proof, look no further than Jesus: When he died, it took him three *days* to respawn.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:The problem is we don't know if the good puzzler is scum or town. I understand what you mean by odds for town at this moment. What does a no lynch give us though?
I guess the idea is that if you don't think either of us will be scum, then lynching one of us will only make it easier on the scum. Nhat hasn't posted enough yet for me to get a feeling for his alignment so I am not going to go with a no-lynch just yet. If Nhat impresses me then I will advocate a no-lynch myself because there is then little incentive to lynch him on the information I have right now.

I want to hear what Nhat has to say on the subject as I dont think he has commented on it yet. Has he?

Both skitzer and Gimbo have yet to post in this game, and ashmite only has a joke post on page 1. I want to hear more from these players.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote:cerebus3

My strategy for this game on day 1 is to go against whatever farside22 is doing, because I am fairly confident this is NOT farside22 town play. Therefore, by going against her, I am more likely to get her scum buddies unless she is using a complex and strategic form of WIFOM.

That's all.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:

My strategy for this game on day 1 is to go against whatever farside22 is doing, because I am fairly confident this is NOT farside22 town play. Therefore, by going against her, I am more likely to get her scum buddies unless she is using a complex and strategic form of WIFOM.

That's all.
Tell me what meta do you have that makes me not town?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am

Post by skitzer »

Um...your weird little first post pretty much sums it up. That's not you at all.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:17 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:Um...your weird little first post pretty much sums it up. That's not you at all.
I was playing up to the reality show role I received. :wink:
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:18 am

Post by skitzer »

Um okay whatever.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:Um okay whatever.
Your no fun. I thought everyone like a comedian. :cry:
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Cerebus is confused :?

What was that exchange right there?

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:42 am

Post by farside22 »

cerebus3 wrote:Cerebus is confused :?

What was that exchange right there?
Basically Skitzer doesn't trust me because I'm not really a silly person when it comes to playing. Frankly I've pretty serious for the most part. I just thought with the role I received and that this is based on reality TV I would have a bit of fun. I don't think Skitzer believes me. :cry:
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

puzzles will be available at the most once each day at all, but there is no guarantee that there will be a puzzle on a particular day
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

farside22 wrote:I don't know if I want someone who is smart enough to do puzzles as we are working as individuals. See bold
babygirl86 wrote: *There may at some point be puzzles,, trivia, etc. provided for the town.
You may not solve this as a group,
as there are different rewards that can be won. If you wish to solve the puzzle, please pm me your answer. I will announce the answer.
This is a good point.
cerebus3 wrote:On a related note, I am curious as to what everyone's stance towards a no-lynch in this setup is. In a normal mafia game, I would always prefer any lynch to a no-lynch, and I believed the town could always find someone scummy to lynch, but in this setup, scum are not always guaranteed to be available to lynch, and it is possible that we will have two fairly pro-town players to choose from. What would you guys do in such a situation? I think I would still err on the side of a lynch, but I am willing to go with the town on this one.
My thoughts are pretty much what you went on to say. I think that this might be one of those rare set-ups when a NL is sometimes called for. I had an idea that it depends on what we decide to rely on: lynching or puzzle solving ability. If we decide to trust our hunting / lynching ability, then the puzzle-solving comes second and we lynch one no matter who is on the chopping block. If you consider the puzzle-solving the primary consideration then we could afford to NL given the potential benefits of a correct answer. So I guess your opinions on NL are directly affected by your faith in your puzzle solving, if you follow. Perhaps we could take an unofficial vote on this?
Khelvaster wrote:One might consider that the mafia get higher rewards from solving puzzles than townies do. If so, this completely destroys what I said, since good mafiates will be that much better than good townies, and the risk-benefit is once again the same for both good and poor puzzle solvers. What do you all think?
Good posting. I think we need to rectify this point before proceeding.

To everyone: Do we keep those who can prove themselves puzzle-savvy around? We could post a couple of test questions for them. (I still want to play mafia predominantly and not get bogged down in this.)
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Tombolo »

I still say we give precedence to those who are able to puzzle, even though that means I'm digging my own grave. >_>
##NL imo
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by nhat »

skitzer wrote:

That's all.
This is kind of strange. I'd suggest going over the setup of the game before doing something like this. It is a theme game, otherwise I wouldn't be saying things like "fierce" in all seriousness.

Odds are that both of us are town, and I'd rather play the odds now until something substantial comes up, so....

unvote

I'd say let day one play out for a bit, and if nothing productive comes out of it, or no puzzle or competition, then I'd be in favor of a no-lynch.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:08 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Vote count:
Cerebus3(2):skitzer,Talmadge Monroe
NHAT(2):farside22, cerebus3
no lynch(1):Khelvaster

Not voting(7): nhat, tombolo, orangepenguin, icemanE, Scarlett O, Gimbo, ashmite84
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:26 am

Post by babygirl86 »

Hey I'm sorry to do this to you guys but I just learned that a family member is extremely ill so I have to go out of town to be with my family, and won't be back until sometime sunday. Hope the game will be ok without me
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

To everyone: Do we keep those who can prove themselves puzzle-savvy around? We could post a couple of test questions for them. (I still want to play mafia predominantly and not get bogged down in this.)
lynching people based on whether they are a good puzzle solver does not move us closer to finding scum, so I don't think it should make a significant impact on who we lynch at all.

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by icemanE »

skitzer wrote:

That's all.
I get a little sniff of distancing off this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

I think the whole who is good at puzzles does not help us in finding scum. Having 2 people on the block that we know nothing about doesn't help either. I think more discussion on the best way to play this game and looking for scum tells would suit us better.
I'm still not sure about a no lynch versus a lynch in this game. I'm not sure if this will give us info as we dont' know if it is 2 townies or 1 scum and 1 town at the moment. I'm leaning on doing a no lynch at the moment to gather information on players. For example although we can only vote for the 2 on the block do you think we can try and put pressure on those in the game just because they are scummy? For example I think it was Tombolo who said I was scummy for trying to vote out a puzzle hunter (which I wasn't), but he claimed that when I get on the block he is voting on me. Now normally this is considered lining up lynches on this site, but seeing how this game mechanic is I think looking at everyone and applying pressure may help us more in the future when a person is on the block. As of now I don't know Jack from Dick so I will
unvote:

Psovote: IcemanE

For trying to tie people together this early in the game and quick voting a player without thinking about the consquences.
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Talmadge Monroe »

That was me, farside.

And yes, I agree. The most information we'll get will be via pressuring the voters. This is especially true with the first couple lynches, since our suspicious people might not even be on the chopping block.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 am

Post by icemanE »

unvote:

Psovote: IcemanE

For trying to tie people together this early in the game and quick voting a player without thinking about the consquences.
Do I smell OMGUS now? The stink is especially strong considering that I'm not even a candidate for elimination...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Talmadge Monroe wrote:That was me, farside.

And yes, I agree. The most information we'll get will be via pressuring the voters. This is especially true with the first couple lynches, since our suspicious people might not even be on the chopping block.
I knew it began with a T. :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”