Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:25 am

Post by hasdgfas »

First Vote Count of Day 1

Muerrto(2): Xtoxm, Rishi
Rishi(2): Muerrto, Korts
Gorrad(1): zoraster
Grimmy(1): ashmite84
ZombieSlayer54(1): Panzerjager
ashmite84(1): fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning(1): farside22
Korts(1): Grimmy

Not Voting: Gorrad, ZombieSlayer54

Deadline Block begins August 4th
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Korts »

Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote: I always thought it was a second vote on someone that was considered a BW.
Meh. Semantics.

My point is that Korts was the first to vote Muerrto and then he criticizes me for voting Muerrto. Doesn't that seem strange to you?
My vote was purely random. You however imply reason other than random, in this following quote:
Rishi wrote:EBWOP: "I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon. I don't usually jump on random ones.
This Muerrto thing has possibilities, though."
There is an obvious difference.
scumchat never die
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lol...What's wrong with wagoning?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:34 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Xtoxm wrote:Lol...What's wrong with wagoning?
Nothing.

But when you claim it to be a non-random wagon when there is no evidence to support that fact, you seem REALLY scummy.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Xtoxm wrote:Lol...What's wrong with wagoning?

Usually scums like wagon's to hid under. In this case when question Rishi answers to his vote are odd.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Rishi »

Korts wrote:
Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote: I always thought it was a second vote on someone that was considered a BW.
Meh. Semantics.

My point is that Korts was the first to vote Muerrto and then he criticizes me for voting Muerrto. Doesn't that seem strange to you?
My vote was purely random. You however imply reason other than random, in this following quote:
Rishi wrote:EBWOP: "I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon. I don't usually jump on random ones.
There is an obvious difference.
What I'm wondering is how you could possibly under any circumstances read this as something other than a joke? What possible reason could I have for wanting to lynch Muerrto? (Other than OMGUS since his random vote landed on me.) You're inferring reasoning from "This Muerrto thing has possibilities"?

It's Page 2. You're awfully aggressive for it being so early in the game.

Unvote

FoS: Korts
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Korts »

I hate people hiding behind "It's page <insertpagenumberhere>" signs. So scummy.

Why is it un-page-two-esque to start attacking a player when I see something worth attacking? Assuming it's wrong play for page 2, what is the right play for page 2?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Korts »

Rishi wrote:What I'm wondering is how you could possibly under any circumstances read this as something other than a joke? What possible reason could I have for wanting to lynch Muerrto? (Other than OMGUS since his random vote landed on me.) You're inferring reasoning from "This Muerrto thing has possibilities"?
You declare that you don't usually jump on random wagons. This implies something unusual here, which randomness isn't. Since it's not randomness, it must be some kind of proto- or pseudo-reason.
scumchat never die
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Rishi »

Korts wrote:
Rishi wrote:What I'm wondering is how you could possibly under any circumstances read this as something other than a joke? What possible reason could I have for wanting to lynch Muerrto? (Other than OMGUS since his random vote landed on me.) You're inferring reasoning from "This Muerrto thing has possibilities"?
You declare that you don't usually jump on random wagons. This implies something unusual here, which randomness isn't. Since it's not randomness, it must be some kind of proto- or pseudo-reason.
No, you see, that's part of the humor of the situation. I say that I don't do random things and then I do something completely random. It's a break from expectations.

Though judging from your location field and your signature, you obviously don't understand humor. So there's no point explaining it to you.

Vote: Korts
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Korts »

OMGUS much? If not, what exactly is your reason? That I don't have a sense of humor?

Also no need to get personal.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP

What exactly do you expect, when you contradict yourself (on purpose or not)? Do you think no-one will comment on it?
scumchat never die
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Rishi »

My reason for my vote on you is that you are making a case out of something that isn't a case. You're claiming that I have some undisclosed reason for bandwagoning Muerrto. You are taking something said in the joking phase and using it as the basis for a serious vote. Is that scummy? Maybe. Maybe not. But I think you just volunteered yourself to be the first person to receive scrutiny.

I think people should point out apparent contradictions in the random phase in order to carve a path out of the random phase (which is the reason I occasionally drop super obvious scumtells in the random phase). However, it's just the basis for discussion. You seem to think that you've found scum, which you haven't. In fact, I hardly ever see scum drawing that much attention to themselves in the random phase.

Yes, I do realize the irony that I said scum don't draw attention to themselves early in the game, which is precisely what you're doing. But, you said yourself, it shouldn't matter how far into the game it is. I see something suspicious. I'm commenting on it.

I apologize for the personal attack. I didn't mean to cross the line.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Korts »

I don't think I've found scum, I think I've found something that's more worthwhile to take a look at than anything else so far. This reason is far from enough for a serious case or, say, a lynch, but the path to serious discussion leads through pseudo-serious discussion generated by contradictions and such in random stage.

I sometimes try to stimulate discussion in random stage with similar gambits. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be discussed. And coming up with "it was done to generate discussion" is an excuse, basically, even if it's true.

I have no problem with personal attacks, it's just not the time and place. Hey, even I know my sense of humor sucks, imagine how that must suck!
scumchat never die
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts: Question on your last statement. You say the following:
I don't think I've found scum, I think I've found something that's more worthwhile to take a look at than anything else so far
Does this mean you don't think rishi is scum because that is what I'm reading? If not then why change your vote for someone you don't think is scum and leave it as an FOS?

Rishi: Why would you purposely do something scummy to promote talks? Anyone can say opps my bad if caught in a lie so how do you expect people to believe you when you say anything later in the game?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote: Rishi: Why would you purposely do something scummy to promote talks? Anyone can say opps my bad if caught in a lie so how do you expect people to believe you when you say anything later in the game?
Because the random stage allows such things. EVERYONE does scummy things in the random stage. (A vote without justification or with very thin justification is scummy.) Though my statements may have been slightly more extreme, they are still within the parameters of what is acceptable during the random stage. Go to almost ANY game and look at the first couple pages. You'll find scumtells left and right. But no one, except for the occasional newbie, uses these as a basis for lynching someone.

By your logic, how are we to trust anyone who ever places a random vote?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Muerrto »

But you said it twice Rishi. Korts voted me because my name means dead and I'm not dead, hence the LAL. Xtomx voted me because he tried to kill my invincible guy in the last game and bounced off, natch. You voted me supposedly 'random' and then stated twice a reason for it. If it's a joke, why reinforce it so much?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Rishi »

Muerrto wrote:But you said it twice Rishi. Korts voted me because my name means dead and I'm not dead, hence the LAL. Xtomx voted me because he tried to kill my invincible guy in the last game and bounced off, natch. You voted me supposedly 'random' and then stated twice a reason for it. If it's a joke, why reinforce it so much?
You have no idea the lengths that I will go to for what I think is a good joke. Most of the time other people don't necessarily find it funny, but, man, I keep myself amused quite a bit.

What "reason" do I have for voting you (which I'm no longer doing)? I haven't given any reasons that can be taken as a non-joke.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Muerrto »

I think that was the point of the move on you, you didn't HAVE a reason but you stated one, twice.

I'm not calling for your lynch or anything but you surely understand we don't your PM so why would you do something that's obv gonna make us distrust you?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Rishi »

Muerrto wrote:I think that was the point of the move on you, you didn't HAVE a reason but you stated one, twice.

I'm not calling for your lynch or anything but you surely understand we don't your PM so why would you do something that's obv gonna make us distrust you?
You keep saying "twice." I'm not sure what, specifically, you're referring to.

As far as doing something that'll make you distrust me... whether you trust me or not is YOUR issue. It's not my intention to foster distrust. Whenever I see an experienced player doing something blatantly scummy, I usually think, "That's odd" and not "That's scummy."

But as far as why I'd do something to jumpstart the thread, it's fairly obvious. The random stage blows. Also, we effectively have a two-week deadline (since, after August 4, the day will end without warning). We don't have time to dither around.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Rishi wrote: It's Page 2. You're awfully aggressive for it being so early in the game.

Unvote

Why is Korts wrong being aggressive then knowing there is a 2 week deadline?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Rishi »

farside22 wrote:
Rishi wrote: It's Page 2. You're awfully aggressive for it being so early in the game.

Unvote

Why is Korts wrong being aggressive then knowing there is a 2 week deadline?
There's a difference between directed aggression and jumping at shadows.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Muerrto »

My bad, you said it twice cause you EBWOP.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal and I think Korts and you both are making too big a deal out of it. Let's hear from some of the quiet ones.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote: Since when have you been a BW person?
I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon. This Muerrto thing has possibilities, though.
Rishi wrote:EBWOP: "I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon.
I don't usually jump on random ones.
When you made this joke, what did your EBWOP (the part I've bolded) add to or quantify of the original post? It just looks odd, like it wasn't worth adding. Were you afraid that it might be taken the wrong way without this addition?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Rishi »

ashmite84 wrote:
Rishi wrote:
farside22 wrote: Since when have you been a BW person?
I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon. This Muerrto thing has possibilities, though.
Rishi wrote:EBWOP: "I'm always in favor of a good bandwagon.
I don't usually jump on random ones.
When you made this joke, what did your EBWOP (the part I've bolded) add to or quantify of the original post? It just looks odd, like it wasn't worth adding. Were you afraid that it might be taken the wrong way without this addition?
I edited the post because I dropped that sentence when I made the second post. The "though" doesn't make sense without the middle sentence.

I also want to hear from some of the people who are being quiet and those who haven't had a chance to post yet.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Korts »

Rishi wrote: I also want to hear from some of the people who are being quiet and those who haven't had a chance to post yet.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”