BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Then explain it. I do not think indifferent means what you think it means.
The first entry on my dictionary wiki for indifferent says "having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned" this is what I thought it means.

Are you saying you are changing your vote to yes?
I think you are, but correct me if I'm wrong. That makes it:

jonathantan86 = yes but not now
CallMeLiam = yes
hohum
Slaine Hayes
TheSweatpantsNinja = yes
TDC = no
BridgesAndBaloons = no

Jonathan: instead of just saying you were waiting for an answer to your question before you decided, you chose to make no mention of it. Was there a reason for this?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

bridgesandbaloons wrote: The first entry on my dictionary wiki for indifferent says "having no particular interest or sympathy; unconcerned" this is what I thought it means.

Are you saying you are changing your vote to yes?
I think you are, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Honestly, your behavior baffles me. No, I wasn't changing my vote to yes. You managed to quote the definition of indifferent (not that I really thought you didn't know what it meant), but you're still acting as if I was voting no the whole time, and only now have come around to the idea, when in reality I still don't particularly care whether you do or not.

I mean, I could see it if you were trying to rally people around to it being a good idea, but
you
voted no. So, and perhaps I need to rephrase this:

Why do you care so much that I come down on one side of the issue or another, when I, in fact, am (still) indifferent?
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Jonathan: instead of just saying you were waiting for an answer to your question before you decided, you chose to make no mention of it. Was there a reason for this?
Yes, I did not want to give out too information just in case you were scum.

I wasn't sure of the functionality of the bodyguard, not having played a game with one before. And the wiki entry is also quite vague. If the mafia's original target was going to be mentioned if the bodyguard takes the hit, your strategy for the bodyguard not to protect anyone would be wrong and would benefit the scum. You would be passing off a scum-favouring strategy as pro-town, and that's why I thought you might be scum.

However the original target is not mentioned, and your strategy is correct.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:35 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

A spot of really qu
i
ck thinking tells
m
e that if
the
cop
investigates the bodyguard night one, then the win is no longer guaranteed. I know it's unlikely but just wanted to throw it out there.

As such, while I'm in favour of the plan in theory, I don't think we should all be beholden to it.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:35 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

jonathantan86 wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Jonathan: instead of just saying you were waiting for an answer to your question before you decided, you chose to make no mention of it. Was there a reason for this?
Yes, I did not want to give out too information just in case you were scum.

What was it that convinced you BaB wasn't scum, or convinced you enough to drop your guard?
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:38 am

Post by jonathantan86 »

What was it that convinced you BaB wasn't scum, or convinced you enough to drop your guard?
My post was quite soon after BaB (without many intervening posts), and I did not want to fall into some trap (quite possibly a scum would put forth something and then attack me for something I said in response).

I don't mind posting more now, not because I'm fully convinced that BaB is town but because discussion has opened up as a result of BaB's post and more discussion is good for the town. So I'm talking, trying to contribute. Slaine Hayes, TDC and hohum, what do you think?
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:19 am

CML wrote:A spot of really quick thinking tells me that if the cop investigates the bodyguard night one, then the win is no longer guaranteed. I know it's unlikely but just wanted to throw it out there.
Either you're scum, or you're making a heinous error. Considering that I
specifically
said earlier that:
me wrote: If we lynched a scum day 1, then we automatically win if both the cop and bodyguard claim.
me wrote:Also realize that the percentages I worked out don't take into account scum-hunting and cop results over n1.
meaning that the cop could literally not investigate anyone and we'd still win automatically.

I have to assume that you're scum trying to mislead the town.
unvote: CallMeLiam
vote: CallMeLiam

(the distinction is that my vote is no longer a random one).
TSN wrote: Why do you care so much that I come down on one side of the issue or another, when I, in fact, am (still) indifferent?
Because staying in the middle of an issue this early on in the game makes no sense. If you think that scum would already know, then me revealing info would help the town unless you think that CML is mafia.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:22 am

jonathantan86 wrote: Yes, I did not want to give out too information just in case you were scum.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but this makes no sense at all. If anyone is scum besides you, then anything you write in this thread the scum will see. So why all the sudden is it okay to give away information? Even if you think I'm not scum, somebody else has to be.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:41 am

Slaine Hayes, TDC and hohum, what do you think?
Why'd you ask TDC?

Also,
prod: hohum

It has not been 72 hours yet. Once it has, he/she will be prodded.

CallMeLiam = yes
hohum
Slaine Hayes
TheSweatpantsNinja = indifferent
TDC = no
BridgesAndBaloons = no
Signature:
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but this makes no sense at all. If anyone is scum besides you, then anything you write in this thread the scum will see. So why all the sudden is it okay to give away information? Even if you think I'm not scum, somebody else has to be.
Well, I needed to straddle two priorities:
1) Not give the scum too much information
2) Spur conversation (which generally benefits the town)

I was worried that if I said too much at an early stage, scum could turn the conversation to their own advantage. For example, by questioning me and me alone (since no one else volunteered anything yet, they could probably do this and still remain undetected). And I would be giving out information without achieving priority 2.

However more people have responded, and so if I say more hopefully I will realise priority 2. There is still the risk of giving out information, but I feel that conversation is more necessary.

I was asking TDC's opinion on how the conversation has turned, or his/her opinions on the behaviour of the people here.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:07 am

Post by bird1111 »

hohum prodded.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Wow....too many statistics....to simplify my thoughts, I agree with BaB, though I do not see the cop and bodyguard being alive as a very likely possibility. I also feel that all this duscussion may cause one of the roles to slip up and hint at who they are, providing an easy mafia target.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:16 am

Mod:

bird1111 wrote: 11. If you do not post for 72 hours
or if a player requests I do so
, I will prod you by PM,
Is this (bolded) incorrect?

Oops. My bad.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 am

Slain: do you wish me to reveal the reasoning behind it?
Signature:
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:38 am

Post by TDC »

jonathantan86 wrote:I was asking TDC's opinion on how the conversation has turned, or his/her opinions on the behaviour of the people here.
I've not seen any telling reactions, to be honest. Have you?
The "dispute" between BAB and TSPN is a bit odd, though.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Slain: do you wish me to reveal the reasoning behind it?
I interpret his post as a "no".
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:10 am

Please elaborate. Do you think it makes one of us scummy? Do you think we're scum partners trying to distance?
How? Please quote his post and explain where it is him saying "no."
I'd rather TDC answer this than Slain actually answer.
Signature:
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:01 am

Post by TDC »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Please elaborate.
It seems like a pointless debate. Have you learned anything from it?
Do you think it makes one of us scummy? Do you think we're scum partners trying to distance?
Not specifically, which is why I called it "odd".

How? Please quote his post and explain where it is him saying "no."
I'd rather TDC answer this than Slain actually answer.
Slaine wrote:I also feel that all this duscussion may cause one of the roles to slip up and hint at who they are, providing an easy mafia target.
He's concerned about power roles outing themselves, which is obviously a bad thing. One would think he'd want to avoid that (and hence be against you elaborating).
What do you see in his post that suggests otherwise?
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

TDC explains it perfectly.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Anyone have thoughts on my CML vote?

CallMeLiam = yes
hohum
Slaine Hayes = no
TheSweatpantsNinja = indifferent
TDC = no
BridgesAndBaloons = no

up to hohum whether I reveal my reasoning or not...
Signature:
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 pm

bab wrote: Because staying in the middle of an issue this early on in the game makes no sense. If you think that scum would already know, then me revealing info would help the town unless you think that CML is mafia.
I'm not "staying in the middle."
I don't think its an issue.
I also doubt CML is any more likely to be scum because he miscalculated what conditions it would take to automatically win. To what end would he be "misleading the town" by warning that its not an automatic win if the cop investigates the bodyguard? What behavior is that likely to shift to the scum's advantage?

I'm starting to feel like BAB has been calling so much attention to whether he's going to reveal the "big secret" just so he could find a "slip" to jump on. I certainly felt like I was being attacked for not caring whether he elaborated on his reasoning, and now he's jumping on CML on pretty weak reasoning.

So
Vote: BridgesandBaloons.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:32 pm

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: To what end would he be "misleading the town" by warning that its not an automatic win if the cop investigates the bodyguard? What behavior is that likely to shift to the scum's advantage?
If everyone doesn't feel like it'll be an auto-win, then the bodyguard and cop might not claim Day 2. This is the exact thing I was afraid of. In the cases I described it helps if both (or if only one is alive) of them claims on Day 2. I need to make sure that everyone understands or believes this.
I'm starting to feel like BAB has been calling so much attention to whether he's going to reveal the "big secret" just so he could find a "slip" to jump on.
Forgive me for trying to catch scum for "slip[ing]" up. I was only trying to scum-hunt. :roll:
Seriously, you're attacking me for scum-hunting right now? Explain to me how looking for slip-ups of scum is not scum-hunting.
And why are you saying "big secret?"
I certainly felt like I was being attacked for not caring whether he elaborated on his reasoning, and now he's jumping on CML on pretty weak reasoning.
I wasn't attacking you. I didn't say your behavior was scummy or not. It just really confused me.
What about my reasons for CML or weak? Are there any other better reasons than that at this moment?
And saying me doesn't make any sense because if there are no other better reasons than CML or I, then you can't attack me for voting CML because then I'd be voting for the strongest reasons I could be.
Signature:
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 am

bab wrote: If everyone doesn't feel like it'll be an auto-win, then the bodyguard and cop might not claim Day 2. This is the exact thing I was afraid of. In the cases I described it helps if both (or if only one is alive) of them claims on Day 2. I need to make sure that everyone understands or believes this.
I don't think anyone's spoken out against it. At worst, we have cml debating whether its an automatic win, not whether or not its a good idea.
bab wrote: And why are you saying "big secret?"
Because that's what you're acting like you have.
bab wrote:What about my reasons for CML or weak? Are there any other better reasons than that at this moment? And saying me doesn't make any sense because if there are no other better reasons than CML or I, then you can't attack me for voting CML because then I'd be voting for the strongest reasons I could be.
There's a big difference between pressuring early day 1 and saying "I can only assume you're scum." That's sort of strong language for a vote you're now trying to back away from.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:08 am

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
bab wrote: And why are you saying "big secret?"
Because that's what you're acting like you have.
I don't see how you came to think that from my posts. I don't feel that at all.
Also, please explain to me how this comment about being a "big secret" is relevant to scum-hunting, if it is. Even if I was dancing around sticking my tounge out and saying I have a big secret, would that be scummy?

bab wrote: There's a big difference between pressuring early day 1 and saying "I can only assume you're scum." That's sort of strong language for a vote you're now trying to back away from.
It's the best lead I have. You
should
know that someone saying "I can only assume you're scum" on page 2 means something drastically different then saying it on page 15.

Also, you
completely
ignored most of my questions.
me wrote: Explain to me how looking for slip-ups of scum is not scum-hunting.
[. . . ]
What about my reasons for CML or weak? Are there any other better reasons than that at this moment?
Signature:
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 am

Post by bird1111 »

Bumping the Vote Count onto the next page.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”