Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

honestly im not sure about how it was sold or not.

maybe the guilty didn't even matter in the first place and the moment koba decided that they didn't want to win at f7 (I think they totally could have won at F7) that things went down hill from there?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2823, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote:
In post 2792, Alisae wrote: guilty on the koba slot was gamelosing
if you read scumchat i had a major life event around the time and a bus was optimal for me there to not drag down, figured 2 for 1 was good enough.

mastina had it if she didnt... try to get townread by shirou (??) and instead thunderdomed them for not protecting xof

i was in my teamchat just yelling "pls kill xof and visit shirou and thunderdome the one thats relevant"

also this setup was too townsided imo esp for a team mafia format... too much ease of clearing and easy hints at scum roles, with an inability to reliably fakeclaim or block the 2 docs that could follow the cop on eachother, im a bit against setups where scum are intended to magically know what roles they need to aim for and who has those roles in order to not be in a losing scenario instead of being able to just aim for maybe a PR read here and mainly focus on killing people with good townplay.

mafia are supposed to be an informed party and they felt very uninformed here :/

gg tho

mafia got barely lucky with night actions and still couldnt overcome the setup
You oversold it though. You made it all theatrical with the quickhammer which made it obvious.
the quickhammer was purely to not lose one of the very few slots that were actually killable in this game
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2822, NorwegianboyEE wrote: So i think we did a good job egging Shirou on to follow that solve despite any doubts they had.
[
Ydra
]
[
Ausuka
]
[
Freedom, DGB, Xof
] - null
[
Mala, Mastina
]
[
DeasVail, Kowah, DKKoba
]
I had almost the entire scum team in the bottom tier in D2, before any guilties or quickhammer shenanigans, before anyone believed it was DeasVail/Koba/Mastina, and that was before we also knew who the roleblocker was and their alignment to townlean Mala.

I was very skeptical of trusting my tunnels here from the start because in the past 3 or 4 games that didn't work out so well, either I got only part of the scum team right or in one case I was just wrong for the entire game.

I expressed a lot of paranoia about being potentially wrong on this game in the team chat but I've always been like this, I often (or never?) release my personal PTs but I always get paranoid of being wrong (I was secretly afraid of MariaR being town in the Dance Game or Norwee being scum in the White Flag at some point).

However there was no universe where I wouldn't kill Mastina here in the end as long as I was left alive and it was why I was so surprised to see myself alive at D5 as well...I think it was a huge mistake to not nightkill me and try to win with a final xof lim even if they had a guilty on the scum.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Shirou »

Like, I just want to make clear that DeasVail/Koba/Mastina is actually very close to the solve I had at the start of D2 before any of the shenanigans that happened in this game, happened at all.

Ali/Norwee certainly helped me to not give in to my paranoia and lack of confidence due to my recent underperforming town games (even though 2/4 of them weren't quite *that* underperforming I guess? But I've high standards)

Koba quickhammering did wonders to confirm to me that I should kill them in the next day even before the guilty and I said so in the hood/team chat too

and Mastina's wonky actions were also pretty puzzling and made me think the game just made the most sense by all angles if she was scum eventually, even though it was just so horribly scummy to the point that it almost made me think it was too obvious at some points

But honestly I do think I would probably still find myself with the same solve even if none of the above happened given it was where I was getting around from D2 anyway.

/shrug
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Shirou »

I definitely would never have believed that Kowah was town if I had confirmation that DkKoba/DeasVail were scum though

That was a 100% set miselimination from me, they looked so much like scum buddies distancing. (and they partially were, just not Kowah somehow lol)
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2827, Shirou wrote:
In post 2822, NorwegianboyEE wrote: So i think we did a good job egging Shirou on to follow that solve despite any doubts they had.
[
Ydra
]
[
Ausuka
]
[
Freedom, DGB, Xof
] - null
[
Mala, Mastina
]
[
DeasVail, Kowah, DKKoba
]
I had almost the entire scum team in the bottom tier in D2, before any guilties or quickhammer shenanigans, before anyone believed it was DeasVail/Koba/Mastina, and that was before we also knew who the roleblocker was and their alignment to townlean Mala.

I was very skeptical of trusting my tunnels here from the start because in the past 3 or 4 games that didn't work out so well, either I got only part of the scum team right or in one case I was just wrong for the entire game.

I expressed a lot of paranoia about being potentially wrong on this game in the team chat but I've always been like this, I often (or never?) release my personal PTs but I always get paranoid of being wrong (I was secretly afraid of MariaR being town in the Dance Game or Norwee being scum in the White Flag at some point).

However there was no universe where I wouldn't kill Mastina here in the end as long as I was left alive and it was why I was so surprised to see myself alive at D5 as well...I think it was a huge mistake to not nightkill me and try to win with a final xof lim even if they had a guilty on the scum.
I'm glad u let us cook.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:14 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2818, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Shirou was malding so hard at DGB supposed scumflip it was amazing.
also yep

I was MALDING, and I really mean
MALDING
on the possibility of a scum Jailkeeper in this setup. It was so horribly balanced if it was the case and the way DGB said it looked so much like smug scum about to win the game, no hesitation whatsoever to hammer even though she was afraid of hammering in the past day!

I lost my entire lunchbreak ranting :]
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

Better than my reaction to DGB being town lol

mith: It wasn't DGB
Me: oh wow
Me: NOOOOOO MY STREAK
mith: She was F'ing with everyone, haha
Me: classic DGB
me: we can never tell anyone about this
mith: Pssh, you're going under the bus ASAP
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: mastina had it if she didnt... try to get townread by shirou (??) and instead thunderdomed them for not protecting xof
I've literally never been limmed as town after my newbie game, good luck I guess...
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: also this setup was too townsided imo esp for a team mafia format... too much ease of clearing and easy hints at scum roles, with an inability to reliably fakeclaim or block the 2 docs that could follow the cop on eachother
The argument that you couldn't fakeclaim is literal headcannon.

You were neither announcing or loud, you could easily fakeclaim or not claim a PR at all.

Mastina was loud but she wasn't announcing, which meant she only had to claim a PR of sorts, and given she could knew what people role were, it wasn't that hard.

You could only get guilted by the watcher, it was the unique PR you really had to avoid.

I don't think this setup was unbalanced as much as it was a bad idea to trueclaim the scum roles...and also we got lucky that I never targeted the watcher before massclaim I guess.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Shirou »

Now for the SHITPOSTING!
In post 18, Shirou wrote: I'll slay the
Demon Lord
and its evil minions, then the day will once again be
saved
(
or ruined?
) while I attempt to do that.

I shall hear no complaints. :cop:

Get the
POWER
! Right up to the
LIMIT
!

HERO

I don't want voices praising me or an ovation!

HERO

so I fight against evil in secret~

(Nobody knows who he is.)

Foes are closing in and covering the sky.

I won't turn my back on them!

If I am a
HERO
, then I'm prepared with unwavering resolve, unleashing my fist!

I wanna be the strongest
HERO
!
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2833, kuribo wrote: Better than my reaction to DGB being town lol

mith: It wasn't DGB
Me: oh wow
Me: NOOOOOO MY STREAK
mith: She was F'ing with everyone, haha
Me: classic DGB
me: we can never tell anyone about this
mith: Pssh, you're going under the bus ASAP
fwiw ausuka was really really on DGB scum until extremely late in the game. She even had me somewhat convinced at points even though I had been lock scum reading mastina and DV for a very long time.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Shirou »

I dedicate this win to my lovely team that helped me, to my nonexistent pet turtle, and most importantly to...

Spoiler:

MY WAIFU,

YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA YOIMIYA

See you all in the next TM and I'm pretty happy to have caught scum in all the TMs I've participated so far! :cop:

(pls roll me scum next time tho dear mods)
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Shirou »

oh also Shea, the water theory was funny
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

My foolproof mastina strategy is if she gives off supervillain energy she is scum.

Writing a post where you take 50000000 words to lay out every possible mechanical scum team/setup combination without any additional analysis whatsoever, ask everyone to summarize pages and pages of hoods for you while you don't even do it yourself, blame a random other person when other people dont do it and claim that 65 degrees is FREEZING COLD is in fact Big SuperVillain Energy.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

We had a bit of a barrier because my team is all unaware of F temperatures.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 2834, Shirou wrote: and also we got lucky that I never targeted the watcher before massclaim I guess.
FWIW, if you had, that wasn't even going to go into the neighborhood. And was going to stay in my team chat until the opportune moment.

But also, yeah, like the moment mastina ever starts talking about how ScumMastina never does x or ScumMastina does y, it's a big neon sign telling you she's just scum.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2834, Shirou wrote:
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: mastina had it if she didnt... try to get townread by shirou (??) and instead thunderdomed them for not protecting xof
I've literally never been limmed as town after my newbie game, good luck I guess...
In post 2794, DkKoba wrote: also this setup was too townsided imo esp for a team mafia format... too much ease of clearing and easy hints at scum roles, with an inability to reliably fakeclaim or block the 2 docs that could follow the cop on eachother
The argument that you couldn't fakeclaim is literal headcannon.

You were neither announcing or loud, you could easily fakeclaim or not claim a PR at all.

Mastina was loud but she wasn't announcing, which meant she only had to claim a PR of sorts, and given she could knew what people role were, it wasn't that hard.

You could only get guilted by the watcher, it was the unique PR you really had to avoid.

I don't think this setup was unbalanced as much as it was a bad idea to trueclaim the scum roles...and also we got lucky that I never targeted the watcher before massclaim I guess.
It's not only about mechanical guilties. Roles strongly implied as town roles, having to guess which PR is a threat to you(jk and doc together with a watcher!)
We had a scumrole *forced* to claim a PR and just visitor would be a scumclaim among 2 FVs

I invite you to rand scum in a setup like this and think about the PoV of scum being uninformed into a massclaim that suddenly invalidates half your killable slots
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 193, mastina wrote:
I was right, Shirou himself doesn’t have an issue with it, so my assumption that he would be okay with it was true.

I was wrong, in that I think Shirou being okay with it still doesn’t make it okay; I did cross a line, which shouldn’t have been crossed. Shirou being personally okay with it doesn’t mean that it was okay.
Eh I really think you didn't cross any lines, not even close really so I don't see why you should worry. I was just a bit surprised on the AtE tactic because I didn't know it as a fact before reading this scum PT, but it seemed to be something you would do more as town rather than scum, but I ultimately chalked it up to it being TM and there being a higher incentive to win the game.

So I kinda began to engage on the AtE considering a town!Mastina pov just in case you were ever town because I thought it was simply unfair to put that hypothetical game loss all on me and didn't want to be in a "let's blame shirou" endgame if it was
ever
the case.

I think Shirou vs Mastina was just more like a...crazy spamfest that bored/annoyed people more than anything heinous or that "crossed lines", when I said "toxic" back there I was meaning it as more like "something people probably don't want to read lol" versus "something actually damaging whatsoever to anyone in this case specifically"

I think you played really well Mastina especially considering your health situation right now. I definitely struggled to get your lim through.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2840, Thestatusquo wrote: We had a bit of a barrier because my team is all unaware of F temperatures.
Celsius enjoyers united :cop:
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Feysal »

It feels odd posting in a game I did not play in, but I did read it, and it feels like I've come to know some of you. It was enjoyable to watch from the side, and town won, so nicely done.

By the way - I don't think DGB ever really explained this, but my initial reason for scumreading Mastina was post . At the time, Mastina claimed not to be caught up, and started responding to posts from the start of day two chronologically. But suddenly, in post 1306 she responded to Ausuka's claim, which happened in the pages she claimed she had not read. How did Mastina know Ausuka had claimed at all? It was not from the neighborhood, I asked DGB to check that. To me, that post looked like Mastina was pretending to be less informed than she actually was, which I associated with her scum play.
In post 1728, Shirou wrote: The unique 5 star male character I've rolled for in the game is Albedo, 2 years and half ago (when I began playing and was clueless), because he was a good/necessary geo support for Noelle, my old geo main DPS.
Personally, I found this the funniest post in the entire game. Did you really think that you would be accused of lying over this? "Shirou is scum because he does not roll for male characters in Genshin!" I would have loved to see what would have happened if anyone tried that kind of logic.

If I'd been in the game though, I might have suspected you for this, but only as a joke. Because... Albedo? Your sole male five star is
Albedo?
And you got him to be a
geo support
, instead of Zhongli, the freaking invincible god of geo? And besides geo, there is Kaedehara Kazuha for anemo. These two get often ranked as two of the universally best characters in the game. I never got Albedo myself, I just found him so bland, and I've never run a geo team.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 2796, Aisa wrote: Most surreal VT role PM I've ever had.
I can relate. I was once one of only two vanilla town players in a game where everyone else was a bus driver.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 2848, Feysal wrote:
In post 2796, Aisa wrote: Most surreal VT role PM I've ever had.
I can relate. I was once one of only two vanilla town players in a game where everyone else was a bus driver.
I would fucking hate trying to mod that
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”