kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:35 am

Post by kabenon007 »

No, I'm still here... this is just the only game I have time to be in, and when it went belly up I didn't add another... let's lynch hitigoroshi and be done.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Crazy »

Actually the setup is "uninformed majority with a lynch vs. uninformed minority with a NK."

And all the town are cops once they find out that they are town.

So it's still broken.

I still like the concept very much, though I have no idea how you would fix this setup.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Actually the setup is "uninformed majority with a lynch vs. uninformed minority with a NK."
BS. Once you sense someone, you know they aren't going to plot against you as a FACT. And once four people have established they are on the same team - then they know 100% they are town. That happened D1 here, I think, I'd bet D2 is the norm.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Crazy »

hitogoroshi wrote:
BS. Once you sense someone, you know they aren't going to plot against you as a FACT. And once four people have established they are on the same team - then they know 100% they are town. That happened D1 here, I think, I'd bet D2 is the norm.
Well, yeah, you're right, since if 3 townies sense each other and none of them have done the NK, then they know they're all town. And it'll be harder for the scum to find out who their partners are. I meant that everyone is equally uninformed at the start.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 am

Post by xyzzy »

Shepherd of Wolves, musher333, Bogre, and Jshark are modkilled in a fury of explosive madness.

Everyone looks around. "There's three of us, and we're all voting for hitogoroshi. Know what that means, guys?" asks kabenon007.

Ether blows a hole in the wall, walks in, and says, "Hey, everyone, Xyzzy got away, but he doesn't have the Death Technology any more, so you don't have to ki--- damn."

The three of you who are alive all sort of look around at each other. "We were actually planning on killing hitogoroshi," says Crazy. "He's kind of dumb, really. Not anything against you, hito."

"Sure," says hitogoroshi. "Can we please get on with this? I have the noose ready."

"You... uh... you don't actually have to die," replies Ether, confusedly. "You can leave. You were brainwashed by Xyzzy. You can go on with your life. You have --- goddammit, get out of that noose, you have two kids!"

"Kids?" asks hitogoroshi.

"Wait, are we not lynching him?" asked kabenon007. "I kind of wanted to."

"No, you're not, and if you do I'm putting you under arrest for murder!" shouts Xyzzy, running in, as he pulls the small machine out of Ether's hand. A helicopter comes down. "Citizen's arrest! It's the law!" he shouts, running into the elevator.

"So, who won?" asks hitogoroshi. "I'm so confused!"

"Well," says Ether, "it was technically the town, which is everyone who wasn't lynched, or rather everyone who would've been lynched had I not prevented hitogoroshi's death. He was scum."

"Oh. So we won!" shouts Crazy. "That's cool I guess."

"Yeah, but this was really broken in your favor. I won't even mind if you don't bother putting this one in your win/loss record, guys," says Ether.

"It's so cool being able to exist in a world where all this is taking place while we talk about it occuring in a game on a website!" says kabenon007. "Xyzzy was such a genius for coming up with this. Too bad it was horribly broken. Let's discuss what could've made it better in the thread. And by the thread, I mean, right here, in this chamber that Ether just somehow blew a hole in even though it was specifically said in the opening post that such an event was impossible."

And so it occured that the mod allowed the players to mock him and/or tell him why his game sucked and what modifications would've made it not suck so maybe some day in the future he could run a modified form where the brokenness wasn't existent any more. And they all laughed at the thought that some noobs would accidently sign up for that game, since he was a terrible mod. But then they all moved to the past in the world of the Fish Monkey God and when rocks fell on them and they died they got their's. Because retconning them into the past where they died is how real winners play the game.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 am

Post by xyzzy »

Oh, and before someone says, "you pulled a Xyzzy by ending the game with modkills and not letting us revote for the person we were unanimously in favor of lynching," I've two things to say:

1. I asked several people, such as Yosarian2, whether this plan of action was best. I based my actions on their responses.
2. SUCK ONNE
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Porkens »

I really like the idea behind this setup and I think with some revamping it could work.

How would it change if;

1. The sense was a one-shot ability?
2. Only one "town" was really a cop (and maybe, like the night kill, everyone could see the result?)
3. There were more scum/godfathers?
4. There were no PMs allowed?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

xyzzy wrote:1. I asked several people, such as Yosarian2, whether this plan of action was best. I based my actions on their responses.
Owned. Nobody can disagree with Yos.

I like this concept... but I'm not sure that it's meant to be mafia, since at it's best it's a logic puzzle and not really a test of mafia skill. I could see it run in mish-mash with 3 (or so) equally sized teams and one nightly vig from each team.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by iLord »

Its a little bit off from Mafia.

To keep the set-up intact:

7 Town, 4 Mafia + 1 Godfather.

That should balance everything out.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Crazy »

One idea that will help scum; not sure how much, though:

Make the GF the only player that knows what his alignment is, and have him know who his goons are at the start. Disallow private conversation.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by iLord »

I wouldn't really like it as the private conversation was part of the coolness in this game.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Porkens »

Well thanks for the game guys, I hope this setup can return someday with a revised ruleset.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 am

Post by iLord »

Yeah, Xyzzy, are you thinking of running another one?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”