Mafia 2301: Angels and Demons (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:34 am

Post by demona »

his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:39 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 22, demona wrote:
we don't necessarily have to figure it out, i think there's benefit in theorizing and speculating and i think we should give incentive for the possibly informed by one's role pm speculation, because i think the way a player would most likely be informed by their pm is if they are a scums, as i said before,
as i do not have information from my pm about what may be bastard about the game

and it's not like we were given nothing to go off of, there are the faust quotes like i said before
In post 0, mykonian wrote: Let me dare to throw those gates open,
That other men go creeping by!
Now’s the time, to prove through action
Man’s dignity may rise divinely high
In post 1, mykonian wrote:
"I’d rather like the crowd to enjoy it,
Since they live and let live, truly.
The stage is set, the boards complete,
And they await our festivity."

could be a potential deal with the devil type thing

and there's the 'battle for your soul' thing from the promotional materials (signup queue post) which could mean any number of things

like in theory actions we took in the game could even determine our alignments i guess though this one seems less likely to me
See, that's the sort of thing that ought not be said willy-nilly. It's not much but if you're town there's really no reason to broadcast that information to the scum

I guess. There's also the fact that town is blue, which is reminescent of Conception (and I guess it would make sense that
Angels
and
Demons
be different nontown factions or something)

That would be very amusing but it's so outlandish I can't not wonder how it is that you found it a thought worth mentioning
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:45 am

Post by demona »

In post 26, biancospino wrote:
In post 22, demona wrote:
we don't necessarily have to figure it out, i think there's benefit in theorizing and speculating and i think we should give incentive for the possibly informed by one's role pm speculation, because i think the way a player would most likely be informed by their pm is if they are a scums, as i said before,
as i do not have information from my pm about what may be bastard about the game

and it's not like we were given nothing to go off of, there are the faust quotes like i said before
In post 0, mykonian wrote: Let me dare to throw those gates open,
That other men go creeping by!
Now’s the time, to prove through action
Man’s dignity may rise divinely high
In post 1, mykonian wrote:
"I’d rather like the crowd to enjoy it,
Since they live and let live, truly.
The stage is set, the boards complete,
And they await our festivity."

could be a potential deal with the devil type thing

and there's the 'battle for your soul' thing from the promotional materials (signup queue post) which could mean any number of things

like in theory actions we took in the game could even determine our alignments i guess though this one seems less likely to me
See, that's the sort of thing that ought not be said willy-nilly. It's not much but if you're town there's really no reason to broadcast that information to the scum

I guess. There's also the fact that town is blue, which is reminescent of Conception (and I guess it would make sense that
Angels
and
Demons
be different nontown factions or something)

That would be very amusing but it's so outlandish I can't not wonder how it is that you found it a thought worth mentioning

but there's a sample pm anyway? i guess i don't see how my saying so is possibly detrimental, and i think towm benefits more from additional information than the scums anyway,

yes this also seems possible to me, that there are separate angel and demon factions but in an 11 player game it becomes hard to find room for them all, at least without making it very difficult for town,

i was thinking about the possible meanings of 'battle for your soul' and that was one of the first that came to mind because of how souls are traditional weighed from potential source materials, like actions on earth > actions in game et cetera

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 23, demona wrote:
In post 20, Frozen Angel wrote: but you haven't posted any thought process yet

so why would you be angry if people don't start game talking to you about something that doesn't exist yet?

do you usually start games talking about mechanics?
because i wasn't asked about it? that's what i meant by 'talk to me' instead of just vote for me, shrug,

i am not angry, i just become frustrated, because i don't know what it is players want from me and it feels like i often get scumread for existing or for being me

and yes, i very often start games talking about mechanics, especially bastard games, but most games really, can provide examples i guess, gimme a second to find
why would anyone ask you about your thought process on page 1 of the game?

what would you have thought about even?

can you share a bit of what you think you could have been questioned about?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:59 am

Post by demona »

In post 28, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 23, demona wrote:
In post 20, Frozen Angel wrote: but you haven't posted any thought process yet

so why would you be angry if people don't start game talking to you about something that doesn't exist yet?

do you usually start games talking about mechanics?
because i wasn't asked about it? that's what i meant by 'talk to me' instead of just vote for me, shrug,

i am not angry, i just become frustrated, because i don't know what it is players want from me and it feels like i often get scumread for existing or for being me

and yes, i very often start games talking about mechanics, especially bastard games, but most games really, can provide examples i guess, gimme a second to find
why would anyone ask you about your thought process on page 1 of the game?

what would you have thought about even?

can you share a bit of what you think you could have been questioned about?

because doctor drew voted for me, thus if doctor drew is town he probably thought that my encouraging others to speculate about the mechanics was scummy, but instead of asking me about my thought process regarding that, like why i thought that might be a good idea and such, what i thought the potential benefits were and such, why i might take that approach to the game, he simply voted me, and then encouraged others to vote, and now others are voting me as well, some without any interaction whatsoever, others like biancospino are at least engaging

like i have thought about plenty of things here i guess i don't understand the question?

i could have been questioned about my approach to the game, i could have been questioned about my speculation of the potential bastard mechanics, i could have been questioned about my feelings towards the way others have interacted with me, like it just feels like, like i know i am town here and doctor drew's approach to me gives no room for him to see that because it's just binary 'this behaviour is scummy' when it isn't i know for a fact that it isn't and it is frustrating for me because i recently replaced into a newbie game as inutile and was met with the same sort of approach, two players, both of whom were town it turned out, pushing me for how i play/my approach to the game without trying to sort me in any beneficial way, or so that is how it felt to me, so like i can give benefit of the doubt i know players take this approach to me sometimes as town, but i also know that i cannot really sort between whether or not it is coming from a towm or a scums perspective when it is just, 'demona is a scums! no reason to actually sort it just is!' ya know

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

But, ya know, you could not lose your mind over a vote on the third post of the game and make it all about yourself. You can easily just ignore ol tunnely asshole Drew and forward the game how you see fit.

Or you can try to climb up the ladder of who I will recruit tonight.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:13 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

eh everyone pivot off demona they are handeling the pressure very well more than i expected

time TO PIVOT TO VOTE: imaginality FOR TOWNREADING ME DAY 1 THATS SCUM AF GOGOGOGOGO
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 31, GrandpaMo wrote: eh everyone pivot off demona they are handeling the pressure very well more than i expected

time TO PIVOT TO VOTE: imaginality FOR TOWNREADING ME DAY 1 THATS SCUM AF GOGOGOGOGO
Grandpa doesn't want to be recruited apparently.

And Demona, you phished for info....that is scummy behavior.

And I would argue that getting super defensive off of one vote on page 1 is not handling pressure well.....not to mention the ate.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:20 am

Post by demona »

In post 30, Doctor Drew wrote: I don't negotiate with terrorists.

But, ya know, you could not lose your mind over a vote on the third post of the game and make it all about yourself. You can easily just ignore ol tunnely asshole Drew and forward the game how you see fit.

i am not a terrorist and i do not feel as though i am losing my mind about this, i just do not know how to address things and like

like i know your read of me is wrong and i do not have anyway to sort you outside of that so far and if you are town, or imaginality or biancospino, it seems important to me for you to see that because i know your views of the game are also wrong, and i would also prefer to get all of this out of the way up front because it just leads to more and more time wasted for all of you on maybe demona is a scums! if not addressed and such

but i will try to maybe take a step back and maybe focus on other things as to not 'make it all about myself' and whatnot, like i even knew this would be the criticism of my play here i have done this song and dance before, i just don't know how to avoid it and also correct everyone's views of the games i guess

sorry

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:20 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 32, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 31, GrandpaMo wrote: eh everyone pivot off demona they are handeling the pressure very well more than i expected

And I would argue that getting super defensive off of one vote on page 1 is not handling pressure well.....not to mention the ate.
ngl drew, demona reminds me of me when im town lol . they might be new and them defending a vote and u pushing them is obviously going to get them to be defensive. think about it from their perspective, u vote them, they question ur vote and then they just joke and play around then 3 people like question them the same thing. this jsut looks like newb!town defense. ik they might be doing this as scum but i highly doubt it especially if they are a newer person.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:21 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 33, demona wrote:
In post 30, Doctor Drew wrote: I don't negotiate with terrorists.

i am not a terrorist and i do not feel as though i am losing my mind about this, i just do not know how to address things and like

like i know your read of me is wrong and i do not have anyway to sort you outside of that so far and if you are town, or imaginality or biancospino, it seems important to me for you to see that because i know your views of the game are also wrong, and i would also prefer to get all of this out of the way up front because it just leads to more and more time wasted for all of you on maybe demona is a scums! if not addressed and such

but i will try to maybe take a step back and maybe focus on other things as to not 'make it all about myself' and whatnot, like i even knew this would be the criticism of my play here i have done this song and dance before, i just don't know how to avoid it and also correct everyone's views of the games i guess

sorry
god i love u. ur just exactly like me when i fake AtE as town. i got u bud
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:25 am

Post by demona »

i disagree in principle that that is scummy behaviour as can be seen from literally any game i have ever played in

and yesyes i know see:

In post 18, demona wrote: then the person pushing saying i am 'overly defensive' or something like that because i do not know how to sort the person pushing other than to continue to engage them and then that is portrayed as me only caring about reads on me and so forth and so on

i could have easily scripted your side of this interaction

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:26 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 36, demona wrote:

i disagree in principle that that is scummy behaviour as can be seen from literally any game i have ever played in

and yesyes i know see:

In post 18, demona wrote: then the person pushing saying i am 'overly defensive' or something like that because i do not know how to sort the person pushing other than to continue to engage them and then that is portrayed as me only caring about reads on me and so forth and so on

i could have easily scripted your side of this interaction
shh if im gonna help u, i need u to stop talking about this. lets move on from this pointless interaction that is getting no where!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:27 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

also i do have like a post restriction. i wont out yet what it is
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:28 am

Post by demona »

In post 34, GrandpaMo wrote: ngl drew, demona reminds me of me when im town lol . they might be new and them defending a vote and u pushing them is obviously going to get them to be defensive. think about it from their perspective, u vote them, they question ur vote and then they just joke and play around then 3 people like question them the same thing. this jsut looks like newb!town defense. ik they might be doing this as scum but i highly doubt it especially if they are a newer person.
well, uh, i am not new, or at least not particularly new, i have played 60ish games on site

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:29 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 39, demona wrote:
In post 34, GrandpaMo wrote: ngl drew, demona reminds me of me when im town lol . they might be new and them defending a vote and u pushing them is obviously going to get them to be defensive. think about it from their perspective, u vote them, they question ur vote and then they just joke and play around then 3 people like question them the same thing. this jsut looks like newb!town defense. ik they might be doing this as scum but i highly doubt it especially if they are a newer person.
well, uh, i am not new, or at least not particularly new, i have played 60ish games on site
oh thats awkward. are u an alt?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:32 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 24, demona wrote: somewhat recent-ish bastard games i have played in

i designed this setup in 2019 as andrée
achromatic calamity as anahit
slaughter hour as ulyana
radio buzz as rousseau
silent star royalty as team rocket queen
@Mo. Didn't you read the game?
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:35 am

Post by demona »

In post 40, GrandpaMo wrote: oh thats awkward. are u an alt?

for the most part i often make alts for each game i play in or at least for flavoured games i try to match the flavour in some way but for this game i already had an 'angela' account, my main, and a 'demona' account which perfectly fit the theme, so!

pedit: there are also lots of others accounts, but i think chavela is the main one i know i have played with others (meuh and greeting) from this game on

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:36 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Demona and grandpa mo have way to many posts

VOTE: Demona
Im a dog that quacks
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:36 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 41, biancospino wrote:
In post 24, demona wrote: somewhat recent-ish bastard games i have played in

i designed this setup in 2019 as andrée
achromatic calamity as anahit
slaughter hour as ulyana
radio buzz as rousseau
silent star royalty as team rocket queen
@Mo. Didn't you read the game?
oh damn lol im so smart

anways um DISREGARD EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT DEMONA, they are back to null now -- i understand both perspectives. shit i have bias.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:44 am

Post by demona »

In post 43, WhemeStar wrote: Demona and grandpa mo have way to many posts

VOTE: Demona

anyway that is e-2 +(

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 6:35 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I’m sorry you made like 10 posts in response of Drew’s vote it’s to much
Im a dog that quacks
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 6:46 am

Post by demona »

In post 46, WhemeStar wrote: I’m sorry you made like 10 posts in response of Drew’s vote it’s to much

and you think that that is more likely to come from a scums? or you just think i've crossed some invisible line and thus must be voted?

but also, why do you feel grandpamo has too many posts? like imaginality commented on grandpamo not having posted which led me to clicking around games and it seems that grandpamo recently had a scum game with 800+ posts and much of the discourse at the end of that game seemed to revolve around scums spamming and such so i get why imaginality might have mentioned that even though it was so early in the game that like, grandpamo could have simply not seen the gamestart yet,

but now 7 posts later you're saying grandpamo has also crossed the line into 'too many posts' and i dunno like it doesn't seem impossible to me that grandpamo might have been defending me to earn some towny points but it certainly doesn't really feel like grandpamo is just posting to post to me,

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 6:48 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Yes grandpa also posted to much
Im a dog that quacks
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 6:49 am

Post by demona »

In post 48, WhemeStar wrote: Yes grandpa also posted to much

is it just the number to you? like the content is irrelevant?

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”