Mafia 2301: Angels and Demons (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 am

Post by demona »

In post 72, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 70, demona wrote:
In post 66, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 65, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 64, WhemeStar wrote: I am going to try and backread all these posts when I’m on computer
dont its gonna waste ur time. its literally just drew pushing demona because they are being oddly interogative early in the game and AtE after pressured and going back in circles
Tbf, I just voted them and then Jesus took the wheel of Demona vomiting words all over the screen.

I am just trying to suss out who I want to recruit.
sigh

sorry i guess

feels like an unfair way to approach me but, eh
Well I was trying to be a bit funny there, I get my humor can be an acquired taste lol.

If you are town though, and this is just a play style issue(I can definitely relate to that), then eventually people will see this.

And if I caused you not to have fun playing this game, I do apologize.....I just want to play the game and have some fun as well, but I don't want to at the detriment of another player(unless you are in fact scum, then all bets are off lol).

yeah i know (as long as i am not hammered while relegated to periods of absence and phone posting for the rest of the real life day) it almost always shines through even in the newbie game i was talking about earlier i managed to get myself nightkilled night 2 i am just impatient and want everyone to see sooner because then if town they can get to actually solving the game, and i can get to actually solving the game as well

and most of my frustrations are with myself i know i do not express things well but i am not angry with you in anyway regardless of your alignment I just, i’m just not the player anyone wants me to be and i don’t know how to be any different like the things that interest me about this game are the theme (and i have previously moderated a bastardized version of purgatory myself) and how everything is possible in a bastard game and without that it’s just mafia ya know, but there are plenty of mafia things to go off of here as well and as always i will do my best and i know your goal isn’t to simply stop the game from being enjoyable for me, like i don’t really think anyone here is that spiteful or at least i hope not

and i know the solution to my being scumread for my approach and such is to only play like mountainous games or like trust fall, and i have done a good bit of that as well but it isn’t so exciting for me
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:37 am

Post by demona »

In post 73, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 69, demona wrote: @grandpamo

i mean, i am frustrated by being scumread again for being me, that’s literally all it feels like from my perspective, like ‘this behaviour is scummy’ even if it is demonstrably true of me always

but could i have just not posted my frustrations? yes, when the game no longer feels like a game i generally shut down and stop playing, and if the game was upsetting me to the extent that my ate was an unavoidable outcome I wouldn’t post, like i have no interest in becoming a game ruining presence

and of course the purpose of all my posts is to be townread, i have said plenty of times i think one of the very most important things to do as town, if not the very most important, is to not be miseliminated

but i understand that that is also among scums goals so like i am not asking people to not sort me and such i am just encouraging everyone to do what they can to actually sort me because i am town here and the things i am being scumread for are personality/playstyle things

but i would like for them to do so upfront because it wastes alot of time otherwise and also distracts me from the rest of the game like i get that’s a failing on my part but i dunno how to fix it
ur not answering my question. my question was a yes or no question. please answer it concisely. and also does this mean u admit that when drew voted u, u got frustrated? is that how your playstyle is, getting frustrated when people come at u? or are u getting frustrated when people come at u because ur being ur interogative/ate person.

should have put ‘not concise’ on my bingo card as well,

your question is whether i am ‘playing up’ the ate, yes? which i feel i answered, like i am to some extent if you want to view it that way, i am certainly capable of making different posts than the ones i have made so far so that being the content i have provided is by choice to some extent, minus the time constraints for me actually making posts

but it isn’t fake,

and yes i was frustrated by doctor drew voting for me instead of trying to determine if what was pinging him was coming from scum or just from someone who thinks differently than he does, and also maybe that it then also cuts off the discussion i would have rather had and replaces it with ‘demona is a scums! vote for it!’ which is, uh, less enjoyable and less productive yeah

i generally do not get frustrated with those scumreading me if i can see how they got there and understand why they are weighing it the way they are or! if i am reasonably sure they are a scums

but is it like, uncommon for me to get frustrated? nah

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

It isn't the responsibility of the person voting you to explain every detail of why.

And let's be honest, you posted something and then I immediately voted you, isn't that explanation enough?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:46 am

Post by demona »

In post 77, Doctor Drew wrote: It isn't the responsibility of the person voting you to explain every detail of why.

And let's be honest, you posted something and then I immediately voted you, isn't that explanation enough?

i wasn’t asking you to explain why you voted me, i assumed it was either because you thought the discussion I wanted to have was pro-scum or you thought it was an easy stance for you to take, i was asking you to explain why you were weighing it the way you were, why you were discounting the possibility that i was doing so as town, so i could maybe see if you were more likely doing so as town or scum,

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:47 am

Post by demona »

and! if you’re town so that you would be more likely to see that i am town

as your approach to me seemingly cuts off that option altogether

GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:51 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 76, demona wrote:
In post 73, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 69, demona wrote: @grandpamo

i mean, i am frustrated by being scumread again for being me, that’s literally all it feels like from my perspective, like ‘this behaviour is scummy’ even if it is demonstrably true of me always

but could i have just not posted my frustrations? yes, when the game no longer feels like a game i generally shut down and stop playing, and if the game was upsetting me to the extent that my ate was an unavoidable outcome I wouldn’t post, like i have no interest in becoming a game ruining presence

and of course the purpose of all my posts is to be townread, i have said plenty of times i think one of the very most important things to do as town, if not the very most important, is to not be miseliminated

but i understand that that is also among scums goals so like i am not asking people to not sort me and such i am just encouraging everyone to do what they can to actually sort me because i am town here and the things i am being scumread for are personality/playstyle things

but i would like for them to do so upfront because it wastes alot of time otherwise and also distracts me from the rest of the game like i get that’s a failing on my part but i dunno how to fix it
ur not answering my question. my question was a yes or no question. please answer it concisely. and also does this mean u admit that when drew voted u, u got frustrated? is that how your playstyle is, getting frustrated when people come at u? or are u getting frustrated when people come at u because ur being ur interogative/ate person.

should have put ‘not concise’ on my bingo card as well,

your question is whether i am ‘playing up’ the ate, yes? which i feel i answered, like i am to some extent if you want to view it that way, i am certainly capable of making different posts than the ones i have made so far so that being the content i have provided is by choice to some extent, minus the time constraints for me actually making posts

but it isn’t fake,

and yes i was frustrated by doctor drew voting for me instead of trying to determine if what was pinging him was coming from scum or just from someone who thinks differently than he does, and also maybe that it then also cuts off the discussion i would have rather had and replaces it with ‘demona is a scums! vote for it!’ which is, uh, less enjoyable and less productive yeah

i generally do not get frustrated with those scumreading me if i can see how they got there and understand why they are weighing it the way they are or! if i am reasonably sure they are a scums

but is it like, uncommon for me to get frustrated? nah
its ok heres a hug <3

ur just like me lol
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:51 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

anyways i think this counts for a serious vote right here

VOTE: Biancospino
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oh no two GranpaMo's.....I am gonna have to recruit the best of the best to counter that.

Also a vote on Bianco, ok now we are getting spicy.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:55 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 82, Doctor Drew wrote: Oh no two GranpaMo's.....I am gonna have to recruit the best of the best to counter that.

Also a vote on Bianco, ok now we are getting spicy.
ikr also can u stop like fakeclaiming and rlly claim ur greedy exec role that ur target is demona
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:57 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

new grandpa meta: post a lot when pressure is on u and exaggerate and fake some AtE as town
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 9:59 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 0, mykonian wrote: 6) If you don't get a majority before the deadline, that's just too bad.
@mod what happens? no one dies is that what its implying?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 10:02 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 85, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 0, mykonian wrote: 6) If you don't get a majority before the deadline, that's just too bad.
Exactly. If the deadline runs out without a majority, there is no elimination.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Meuh »

Goooood evening everyone! Let's catch scum :cool:

Have skimmed the game throughout the day and I really don't feel like reading back on it in general, felt kind of blegh
Completely disinterested in a demona wagon though, leaning town on her at the moment (I generally click with her mentality thus far and the frustration feels genuine, though frustration is the easiest emotion to fake as scum) links with what I've been thinking so far, so Phir can be town
I like the vote in and GrandpaMo in general, so I'll sheep
VOTE: Biancospino
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Good morning!

VOTE: GrandpaMo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 86, mykonian wrote:
In post 85, GrandpaMo wrote:
Exactly. If the deadline runs out without a majority, there is no elimination.
But the mod is a liar, how can we trust them?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by imaginality »

My initial vote on demona was a mix of cult meme silliness and it being good to get a wagon going, since her overreaction to a page 1 vote on her felt weird and I wanted to see what happened if more pressure was put on her.

I am not a fan of the AtE and her apparent focus on how she's being read compared with scumhunting. But her post when she was at E-2 asking for unvotes did have a genuine 'nervous town rather than scum' feel to it for me.

VOTE: unvote

Re. setup spec I enjoy it in opens and mini themes but in a bastard game like this with so little to go on, and not stated to be role madness, it seems like all it would achieve is give scum clues as to who might have PRs.

@Greeting is your GrandpaMo vote RVS or is there a reason for it?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Silliness? You think this is a game??

This won't reflect well on you when it comes to make my decision.

But yes I agree, there is literally zero reason to do any mech speak, at least at this point.

Imaginalty, what do you think about Grandpa's vote on Bianco?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

so no one wants a sheep
Im a dog that quacks
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 4, demona wrote: hmhmhm

so,

what do we think the bastard elements may be?
Moderator lies, unusual factions/win conditions, things happening during the day, could be anything really

I would guess no cults, because that doesn't really fit the flavor of Angels and Demons imo

Just a guess though
In post 24, demona wrote: somewhat recent-ish bastard games i have played in

i designed this setup in 2019 as andrée
achromatic calamity as anahit
slaughter hour as ulyana
radio buzz as rousseau
silent star royalty as team rocket queen
I remember you from the xyzzy game! I can vouch that you did start out the game with some mech spec there just like you did here
In post 29, demona wrote: because doctor drew voted for me, thus if doctor drew is town he probably thought that my encouraging others to speculate about the mechanics was scummy, but instead of asking me about my thought process regarding that, like why i thought that might be a good idea and such, what i thought the potential benefits were and such, why i might take that approach to the game, he simply voted me, and then encouraged others to vote, and now others are voting me as well, some without any interaction whatsoever, others like biancospino are at least engaging
So what's Doctor Drew's alignment?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 2:54 pm

In post 37, GrandpaMo wrote: shh if im gonna help u, i need u to stop talking about this. lets move on from this pointless interaction that is getting no where!
Getting signalling vibes from this
In post 43, WhemeStar wrote: Demona and grandpa mo have way to many posts

VOTE: Demona
Is that scummy though?
In post 45, demona wrote:
In post 43, WhemeStar wrote: Demona and grandpa mo have way to many posts

VOTE: Demona

anyway that is e-2 +(
I feel like demona is pretty town so far, and this wagon built up a bit too quick for my liking
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 2:55 pm

bianco seems like a fine wagon atm

VOTE: bianco
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 92, WhemeStar wrote: so no one wants a sheep
I literally called for a sheep on Demona, added bonus you may become cult
In post 93, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4, demona wrote: hmhmhm

so,

what do we think the bastard elements may be?
Moderator lies, unusual factions/win conditions, things happening during the day, could be anything really

I would guess no cults, because that doesn't really fit the flavor of Angels and Demons imo

Just a guess though
In post 24, demona wrote: somewhat recent-ish bastard games i have played in

i designed this setup in 2019 as andrée
achromatic calamity as anahit
slaughter hour as ulyana
radio buzz as rousseau
silent star royalty as team rocket queen
I remember you from the xyzzy game! I can vouch that you did start out the game with some mech spec there just like you did here
In post 29, demona wrote: because doctor drew voted for me, thus if doctor drew is town he probably thought that my encouraging others to speculate about the mechanics was scummy, but instead of asking me about my thought process regarding that, like why i thought that might be a good idea and such, what i thought the potential benefits were and such, why i might take that approach to the game, he simply voted me, and then encouraged others to vote, and now others are voting me as well, some without any interaction whatsoever, others like biancospino are at least engaging
So what's Doctor Drew's alignment?
The million dollar question they can't answer, or the mod for that matter when I ask them what my alignment is.

And you know what? There was a time when we got rid of all liars, so....

VOTE: Mykonian
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

But in all seriousness, why is Bianco a good wagon?

And that seems like a bit of a stretch to call Gmo and Demona connected.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Bianco is a better wagon than myko I reckon
In post 97, Doctor Drew wrote: And that seems like a bit of a stretch to call Gmo and Demona connected.
It wasn't like a super serious read, just something for me to look back on and think about if either ever flip scum
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 98, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Bianco is a better wagon than myko I reckon
In post 97, Doctor Drew wrote: And that seems like a bit of a stretch to call Gmo and Demona connected.
It wasn't like a super serious read, just something for me to look back on and think about if either ever flip scum
The mod is a liar, they must go.

Interesting you mentioned connections thought, Imaginalty's last post kinda seemed like THEY could be connected to Demona if one of them were to flip scum

Actually, and you know? Fuck it.....I always enjoy a Bianco wagon......let's giddyup

VOTE: Bianco

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”