Goon
Arko
He/They - Either
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They - Either

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:47 am

Post by Arko »

small heads up that I kinda need to sleep so... no posts for now. I'll get back to you guys when I'm awake, and have time.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 49, Naerys wrote: I am not used to seeing Hu tao posts longer than one sentence
:lol: past few weeks I was on vacation so I couldn't talk much. But I'm back now.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Spoiler: to Thomith
In post 48, Thomith wrote:
In post 46, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 43, Thomith wrote: I mentioned the E-1 for two reasons.

1) Even though it probably isnt a Maf tell, I still wanted to point it out because regardless of alignment I think putting someone on E-1 on page 1 is silly.

2) I knew it was a very weak reason to vote, and knew it would bring attention to me, so I could gauge the reactions it brought to get the game moving.
Okay so you agree that your post was weird but just don't like my reasoning for saying it was weird? Okay I understand better now. And I would say it worked to get more discussion :lol: though I wish you waited until others chimed in so I could see any other's opinions on it. Thoughts on Black's reason for voting me based on your post?
I do agree it was weird - it kind of was by design to see how people reacted to it. It was something I wanted to try out to get the game out of RVS faster and I think it did its job.
The reason I didnt want to wait too long is I kind of wanted immediate reactions (usually these are more genuine than reactions that can be planned if they're made like a day later or so, at least imo)

I'll be real theres always that small voice in my head that I could be getting pocketed by her (but that's more because I'm a little paranoid than anything she has done) - otherwise I'm not too concerned about it, because she seems to have given her own reasoning in a seperate post later, despite voting immediately following my post where I voted you.
In post 47, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 36, Thomith wrote:
In post 31, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 20, Thomith wrote: Why are we putting somebody on E-1 on Page 1?
VOTE: thomith

Seems like someone saying the obvious to look towny
In all likelihood Testarossa might not be mafia because knowingly putting someone at E-1 is bringing a lot of attention to herself for little gain. I still kind of want to look at what she does from here before I commit this to a town read though.

I voted anyway to see how people to react, and gave weak reasoning to see who would jump on me.

Gamma jumping on me seemed relatively organic. your vote however feels less so.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hu Tao
Also can you explain your thoughts on why gamma's vote feels authentic? All she said was that she feels like voting there at the moment?
Similar to your thoughts on me actually when I think about it - Gamma's vote felt authentic because it seemed like an immediate response to me acting weird, and also being the first vote reinforces that for me a bit.
Your post to me felt like it could have been jumping on to a wagon/attempting to make it grow, almost in a way that felt like you could have been overexplaining the vote to justify it?

Again I concede that in hindsight maybe i should have let it play out longer, my bad there.

Could you explain your thoughts on Black? Seems like she's saying the post is not weird, and thus her vote on me is for that. But you admit it is weird since you did it on purpose. What are your thoughts on the discrepancies there.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 50, Arko wrote: small heads up that I kinda need to sleep so... no posts for now. I'll get back to you guys when I'm awake, and have time.
No post now!!!!

Kidding get some sleep :]
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Black »

In post 49, Naerys wrote: I am not used to seeing Hu tao posts longer than one sentence
:lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Black »

I kinda like Hu Tao's questions here

I don't really like Thomith saying his Testa vote was purposely weak after he got some pressure for it. To me it felt like his frustration was real and he was genuinely worried about someone not paying attention to the VC and hammering me, which I think makes sense from a competitive standpoint. But the conversation with Hu makes me think he's trying to play it off as it all being fake for the sake of reactions
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:49 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 52, Hu Tao wrote:

1) Even though it probably isnt a Maf tell, I still wanted to point it out because regardless of alignment I think putting someone on E-1 on page 1 is silly.

2) I knew it was a very weak reason to vote, and knew it would bring attention to me, so I could gauge the reactions it brought to get the game moving.
Okay so you agree that your post was weird but just don't like my reasoning for saying it was weird? Okay I understand better now. And I would say it worked to get more discussion :lol: though I wish you waited until others chimed in so I could see any other's opinions on it. Thoughts on Black's reason for voting me based on your post?
I do agree it was weird - it kind of was by design to see how people reacted to it. It was something I wanted to try out to get the game out of RVS faster and I think it did its job.
The reason I didnt want to wait too long is I kind of wanted immediate reactions (usually these are more genuine than reactions that can be planned if they're made like a day later or so, at least imo)

I'll be real theres always that small voice in my head that I could be getting pocketed by her (but that's more because I'm a little paranoid than anything she has done) - otherwise I'm not too concerned about it, because she seems to have given her own reasoning in a seperate post later, despite voting immediately following my post where I voted you.

In all likelihood Testarossa might not be mafia because knowingly putting someone at E-1 is bringing a lot of attention to herself for little gain. I still kind of want to look at what she does from here before I commit this to a town read though.

I voted anyway to see how people to react, and gave weak reasoning to see who would jump on me.

UNVOTE:
Also can you explain your thoughts on why gamma's vote feels authentic? All she said was that she feels like voting there at the moment?
Similar to your thoughts on me actually when I think about it - Gamma's vote felt authentic because it seemed like an immediate response to me acting weird, and also being the first vote reinforces that for me a bit.
Your post to me felt like it could have been jumping on to a wagon/attempting to make it grow, almost in a way that felt like you could have been overexplaining the vote to justify it?

Again I concede that in hindsight maybe i should have let it play out longer, my bad there.

Could you explain your thoughts on Black? Seems like she's saying the post is not weird, and thus her vote on me is for that. But you admit it is weird since you did it on purpose. What are your thoughts on the discrepancies there.
Acknowledging I've seen this just haven't got round to answering it yet - I'm leaving work here in a little bit so will answer when I get home.

I do want to do this for now;
UNVOTE:
I do like your lines of questioning in the last few posts.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal in sign ups! (7/17)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Black »

VOTE: Thomith
In post 43, Thomith wrote: 2) I knew it was a very weak reason to vote,
and knew it would bring attention to me
, so I could gauge the reactions it brought to get the game moving.
I'm just having a hard time believing this is true
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah I TR HT here rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Hu Tao picked up on the same things I did, just expressed them in a way that wasn’t perfect
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think Hu Tao picked up on the same things I did, just expressed them in a way that wasn’t perfect
What do you think of Thomith's responses afterward?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Thomith »

UNVOTE:

The reason I don't think Black's reasoning for voting you is scummy, despite the discrepancy you mentioned is because she didn't just echo my reasoning, she had reasoning of her own, which makes me feel good about the vote, as she wasn't just sheeping me, but had her own reasons.

In post 55, Black wrote: I kinda like Hu Tao's questions here

I don't really like Thomith saying his Testa vote was purposely weak after he got some pressure for it. To me it felt like his frustration was real and he was genuinely worried about someone not paying attention to the VC and hammering me, which I think makes sense from a competitive standpoint. But the conversation with Hu makes me think he's trying to play it off as it all being fake for the sake of reactions
I'm not too sure what to say here other than try and explain my thought process:
I stand by the fact that I think the E-1 was silly, but as I said, I didn't think that Mafia are likely to do something to bring that much attention to themselves that early for no reason. I noted though that this was an easy vote, but didn't think that it would be easy to read scum using the opportunity to jump on this wagon, due to how easy it would be to justify the vote.
Because of that, I voted Testa, believing that there was a chance that I would be pressured for jumping on the "easy wagon" - however I thought it would be easier to gauge reactions for votes on me, because there would need to be a justification past "They put Black at E-1", so it would be easier to notice scum jumping onto a wagon on me if it did happen, or conversely to try and read who could be Town voting me due to good justification.

Not sure if I'm explaining it well, or if it's a flawed thought process but not sure how else to explain it..

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 60, Black wrote:
In post 59, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think Hu Tao picked up on the same things I did, just expressed them in a way that wasn’t perfect
Not great. Feels kinda desperate
I really just don’t care for the fact that the vote came before the explanation like it did
<Embrace The Void>

ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:37 am

Post by ORAM »

I actually believe Thomith about his thought process, I think it's flawed and more complicated a plan than necessary but it feels real to me.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
If you thought Thomith was being weird, why vote him with no followup? One could say you've voted and explained later yourself.

I think Black and Hu Tao can be town for now. My gut says at least one of the scumteam is in the group of players who haven't engaged yet, but it's early in the day and as they get involved they should become sortable.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 55, Black wrote: I kinda like Hu Tao's questions here

Okay I was going to ask your thoughts after but you're ahead of me already. :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 56, Thomith wrote:

UNVOTE:

Acknowledging I've seen this just haven't got round to answering it yet - I'm leaving work here in a little bit so will answer when I get home.

UNVOTE:
Okay I'll wait for your response then
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Maybe :lol:
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VC 1.03
Votecount 1.03

Thomith (3):
Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao, Black
Black (1):
Testarossa
Gamma Emerald (1):
ORAM

Not Voting (4):
Kittiesecret, Arko, Naerys, Thomith

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-11-30 17:17:13).

Mod notes:
  • Use this link to find all mod posts, vote counts, etc.
  • VC corrected to include missing vote.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 62, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 60, Black wrote:
I really just don’t care for the fact that the vote came before the explanation like it did
May I ask why you felt my responses felt desperate?
In post 65, Hu Tao wrote:

UNVOTE:

UNVOTE:
Just as a heads up I did end up responding in Post 61

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 63, ORAM wrote: I actually believe Thomith about his thought process, I think it's flawed and more complicated a plan than necessary but it feels real to me.

If you thought Thomith was being weird, why vote him with no followup? One could say you've voted and explained later yourself.

I think Black and Hu Tao can be town for now. My gut says at least one of the scumteam is in the group of players who haven't engaged yet, but it's early in the day and as they get involved they should become sortable.
I was just about to say I wanted more people who haven't commented on the situation to talk, so I'm glad you commented. Can you explain why you townread black?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 68, Thomith wrote:
In post 60, Black wrote:

UNVOTE:

UNVOTE:
Yep, I see it. I think I'm okay with that at the moment. I understand what you did since I do something similar at times. I'm not sure I get the black townread from it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 63, ORAM wrote: I actually believe Thomith about his thought process, I think it's flawed and more complicated a plan than necessary but it feels real to me.

My issue is the execution, not the order of events
I would love to see you try to argue the execution of my vote is similar to Thomith’s vote execution
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 68, Thomith wrote:
In post 60, Black wrote:

UNVOTE:

UNVOTE:
Felt like you tried to hop onto an easy target, got found for what you were doing, and were looking for an out
<Embrace The Void>

Kittiesecret
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Kittiesecret
She/her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Kittiesecret »

I wanted to pop in again. I haven't had a chance to catch up. Migraine last night. I'll give everything a read this evening when I'm home and post my thoughts!
Always watching
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:yawn:
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”