On the subject of accolades

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

On the subject of accolades

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:40 am

Post by Lycanfire »

This is a spinoff of Gypyx's /in to mod in Open Queue:
In post 750, Gypyx wrote:
Requests for exceptions to site rules:
I would like to be able to provide "gold stars" to post that i've felt have made a strongly positive impact on the general thread health, this wouldn't in any way be related to player's alignements but is moderator interference nonetheless
I found this to be a very interesting rule. How would people feel if more games were expanded to this, but having it done after the game, and reported upon in the win/loss post in the Queue thread?

This website is sorely lacking accolades beyond scummies/the occasional user title. Wins are nice, especially hard fought ones. Forums that run on newer tech have awards you can give that are less prestigious than a scummie, but a nice carrot to have available.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know much about forum tech but I know from being an admin on a ProBoards forum that they have little badges that can be awarded on completion of minor goals, like an achievement system of sorts.

I could imagine things like "replace in to a game 5 times" or "win your first game as mafia" etc. being rewarded with a little sticker or badge that could be a cool community thing

it might have to be less formal than that idk that this forum software would support such a feature easily

maybe just a community thread for collecting "achievements" and then an understanding that community members are encouraged to display those however they like when they've completed them

idk maybe I'm just a Steam achievement addict
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by Gypyx »

there was this old thing on the wiki where people were tracking their acheivements, it could be time to dust that off !

my original request was certainely very different in scope but yeah, i agree we need more stuff than makes people at the end of a game go "Damn, that was a good time / i did stuff"
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My homesite has an MVP award that’s generally one or two per game. Might be worth noting that mafia isn’t the focus of the overall site though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Mafia Discussion”