Townie
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Aventurine »

In post 297, Black wrote: That's a weird interpretation of my question. All I want is for you to explain why you prefer ceejay over him
You've been questioning me about why I've decided to include or not include various people in my coalition or not for a while now. It seems like you think that they're townier or that you think they should be in the coalition for whatever reason.
There isn't an explanation. I just do.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 pm

Post by Aventurine »

In post 300, Aventurine wrote: for a while now
I feel the need to elaborate that this is hyperbole
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by Black »

In post 300, Aventurine wrote:
In post 297, Black wrote: That's a weird interpretation of my question. All I want is for you to explain why you prefer ceejay over him
You've been questioning me about why I've decided to include or not include various people in my coalition or not for a while now. It seems like you think that they're townier or that you think they should be in the coalition for whatever reason.
You seem surprised that someone is asking you to explain your reasoning

And I'm not buying that you don't have one. Earlier you said you didn't like Implosion and then just recently you said he was townier than ceejay. Then you put ceejay in over him. If you can't see why that seems sus af idk what to tell you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Black »

In post 299, Aventurine wrote:
In post 296, Black wrote: Wait I'm confused. You took him out of the coalition because you didn't like the response to Moros, but there isn't a particular reason why you don't like it?
There wasn't a particular reason as to why I took him out, but at the time I was thinking of Moros' post and I thought that was vaguely scummy. Upon re evaluation I decided that it wasn't really that bad and slotted him back in.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Did you take ceejay out because he was vaguely scummy or was there no particular reason why you took him out? It can't be both
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
Mountain tapir
Tapirus pinchaque

Observed by dushenkov, CC BY-NC

vote count 1.3 !

coalition votes:

Tsawwassen:
Black, Moros, Tsawwassen, implosion, Umlaut
Black:
Umlaut, implosion, Black, Moros, Tsawwassen
Umlaut:
Umlaut, May, Tsawwassen, implosion, Black
ceejayvinoya:
ceejayvinoya, implosion, Cutter B, Black, Tsawwassen
Aventurine:
Aventurine, May, Tsawwassen, Moros, ceejayvinoya
May:
Black, May, Cutter B, Moros, Umlaut
Moros:
May, Tsawwassen, Cutter B
implosion:
Moros
Cutter B:
Tsawwassen

execution votes:
(these have no effect until after the coalition phase is over, but i'll keep track of them)

not voting (9):
Cutter B, Black, Aventurine, ceejayvinoya, Moros, May, Tsawwassen, implosion, Umlaut

with 9 alive, it takes 5 of the same vote to propose a coalition. the coalition phase ends in (expired on 2024-05-07 07:07:25).

moderateur notes

• b
  • urger
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by Aventurine »

In post 303, Black wrote:
In post 299, Aventurine wrote:
In post 296, Black wrote: Wait I'm confused. You took him out of the coalition because you didn't like the response to Moros, but there isn't a particular reason why you don't like it?
There wasn't a particular reason as to why I took him out, but at the time I was thinking of Moros' post and I thought that was vaguely scummy. Upon re evaluation I decided that it wasn't really that bad and slotted him back in.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Did you take ceejay out because he was vaguely scummy or was there no particular reason why you took him out? It can't be both
I think that a gutread counts as a non-concrete reason, for the record.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Aventurine »

In post 302, Black wrote:
In post 300, Aventurine wrote:
You seem surprised that someone is asking you to explain your reasoning

And I'm not buying that you don't have one. Earlier you said you didn't like Implosion and then just recently you said he was townier than ceejay. Then you put ceejay in over him. If you can't see why that seems sus af idk what to tell you
I don't think I'm particularly surprised or behaving in such a manner.
Okay. Explain to me why my actions are scum-indicative, then. Tell me what I have to gain from these posts.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Post by implosion »

Aventurine, it feels like you're taking a very particular approach to interpreting information in this game - i don't want to say that it's to view things as surface-level, because it isn't quite that. But it seems like you're interpreting certain bits of information at face value. You see that Black was asking someone if they thought she was partnered to Umlaut and that she was asking you why you didn't have Umlaut in your coalition, so you interpret this as Black being partnered to Umlaut and scouting things out and trying to advocate for her scumbuddy. You see Umlaut "white-knighting" Black, and interpret this as them being partnered and presumably Umlaut advocating back.

This seems to me like it would be an out of place leap of logic in a normal game, but in this setup it seems entirely inapt. Of course some town members are going to white knight other town members or ask why people don't think that they're town in this setup - it's a setup explicitly about town members finding other town members and coming to a consensus on a group of town members. This kind of discourse is something I'd expect to see from town.

I'm also offput by just how little you seem to trust your own read - you say you're "not quite sure" how to read Black, and that you "don't know if Black is town or not, but think that these posts are weird" - and yet, you say you're more actively concerned about Black than about anyone else. You'd said that your current coalition is more about who you're excluding than who you're including, but the person you feel the worst in the game about, you still think could easily be town? How confident are you that your proposed coalition is actually a good coalition?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 295, Aventurine wrote:
In post 292, Black wrote:
In post 291, Aventurine wrote: Because I couldn't really be bothered to
......? He's the only person you didn't mention

And yeah you talked about implosion but I want to know why you're putting ceejay in over him
Why do you want me to put implosion in my coalition so badly?
This post also fits in with the mindset I mentioned above - you're jumping from someone asking questions about your coalition members, to that person wanting you to change your coalition to something different. Why do you jump to that conclusion rather than e.g. Black wanting to understand your thought process to read you better?
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Aventurine
it/he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by Aventurine »

I'm probably going about this game wrong. Sorry, Black.
HURT: ceejayvinoya, moros HEAL: black, implosion
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by implosion »

I would also like to be explicit here that I do not have a read on Aventurine right now. I'm not convinced that this line of argumentation is scummy. I understand why Black sees it that way but I don't really see it that way, at least not yet.

My feelings on the game as a whole right now are that I like myself, Umlaut, and then Moros/Black (less confidently than Umlaut) as coalition members; I want to find a fifth. I don't feel confident on anyone else right now; I don't like Tsawwassen at this moment but everyone else I'm sort of not really leaning strongly on at the moment.

Also an open question to people broadly: how do you feel about compromising? I feel like the current state of the game is very, people describing Their Coalition. It feels like there's relatively little working together to build cohesion - there's a bit in that Black came to agree with Tsawwassen but on the whole it feels a bit like in this gamestate people aren't going to compromise a whole lot. Which is totally fine right now given how much time we have until deadline but I just want to throw out there that, eventually, it will become less okay.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Fascinating.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Not really sure that scum makes that sudden of a post here very frequently especially before I made my post clarifying that I don't scumread it.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Black »

In post 306, Aventurine wrote: Okay. Explain to me why my actions are scum-indicative, then. Tell me what I have to gain from these posts
If you are scum with ceejay then one of you has to make the coalition or else you just lose
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Black »

In post 310, Aventurine wrote: I'm probably going about this game wrong. Sorry, Black.
HURT: ceejayvinoya, moros HEAL: black, implosion
I don't think you need to apologize

I'm not sure what to make of this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 314, Black wrote:
In post 306, Aventurine wrote: Okay. Explain to me why my actions are scum-indicative, then. Tell me what I have to gain from these posts
If you are scum with ceejay then one of you has to make the coalition or else you just lose
I don't really see how this is in line with Aventurine's play? It's not like Aventurine has spent the past page waxing nostalgic about ceejay being town and demanding everyone add him to their coalitions. On the contrary Aventurine has staunchly refused to explain why it wanted ceejay in its coalition. And if Aventurine is scum with ceejay and just needs one of them in the coalition, then I don't see why Aventurine would need to shoehorn ceejay into its coalition at all - after all, Aventurine will already be in its own coalition.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by Black »

Maybe he is just town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by implosion »

HURT: all
HEAL: implosion, umlaut, black, moros, aventurine
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by Black »

In post 311, implosion wrote: I would also like to be explicit here that I do not have a read on Aventurine right now. I'm not convinced that this line of argumentation is scummy. I understand why Black sees it that way but I don't really see it that way, at least not yet
It was mainly a theory that they were scum together. There are other factors involved. I've felt like some of their interactions have felt a bit like theatre and the whole harming ceejay randomly felt really performative like distancing or something
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Black »

In post 316, implosion wrote:
In post 314, Black wrote:
I don't really see how this is in line with Aventurine's play? It's not like Aventurine has spent the past page waxing nostalgic about ceejay being town and demanding everyone add him to their coalitions. On the contrary Aventurine has staunchly refused to explain why it wanted ceejay in its coalition. And if Aventurine is scum with ceejay and just needs one of them in the coalition, then I don't see why Aventurine would need to shoehorn ceejay into its coalition at all - after all, Aventurine will already be in its own coalition.
I don't think Aventurine has a good reason to include ceejay so to me it feels like he's trying to force him in. And in regards to your second point, I think he would have to force ceejay in. Aventurine seems to be more sussed than ceejay

Obviously I'm second guessing this now but this is where my head was at
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc