Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:01 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

Yoink
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1497, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1372, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1367, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Idk, not feeling very confident in who is scum in the hood ATM

I liked Spiffeh's push here:

VOTE: Brian Skies

Does this represent a change of your Oblivion read? If so, elaborate?
Ummm sort of. I think its posts generally feel agenda less. is a good example where it gives me the overall impression that it's just doing its own thing in figuring things out.

But I'm also having a hard time following its thought processes and reads on players in the game. It might be due to how it approaches the game, e.g. its treatment of the
FireBagel slot seemed like an uncharitable scumread to me,
but it was actually townreading Firebagel the whole time...? I guess I'm still in a wait-and-see mode. I'm interested what conclusions its drawing from its questions, specifically with Pooky but also more generally.

I mostly wanted to move my vote
This is how it came across? It was only asking the slot to answer a question and being unwilling to be deflected away by questions itself? It's not really sure.... eh, anyway.

It's read process on Bagel was, as follows:

Enter Thread, Witness a user claim scum, think about if this can come from both alignments, it can but will likely be killed at some point as a result, if this is town it needs to find that to ensure it doesn't become an easy elimination later, approach with inquery, be rebuffed by questions instead of answers, refuse to budge, get delayed, get an answer, feel somewhat comfortable with a mental model of the user, decide within that model it is likely the user is town but not 100%, determine that it is confident enough in its model that by day 2 it should be able to feel locked in about that alignment, decide as a result the slot is town with a refresh required on day 2, move onto other slots.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:04 am

Post by Oblivion »

It also dislikes the assertions that its interaction with pooky was somehow egging him on as opposed to, as it said multiple times, trying to squash the issue and apologize and reach a stable conclusion such that the game could progress without the tension of that drama. It is confident Marci is town, but it wonders if Brian isn't taking advantage of the situation and Marci's bias towards it to come to that conclusion? It certainly thinks less of Brian for his interaction with Marci, where Marci feels like misguided town and Brian feels like he is looking for an in, as opposed to actually solving.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:05 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

What is your mental model of Firebagel and how did that help you arrive at the conclusion that she is town?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1503, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: What is your mental model of Firebagel and how did that help you arrive at the conclusion that she is town?
It thinks she is the kind of player who cares much less about how their are percieved that the majority of other players, and takes the game a modicum less seriously than it and others as well. Not to say she isn't trying, but rather that she has a more laissez-faire attitude. Generally it thinks of the player as someone who will speak off the top of their head as opposed to taking their time to really consider the impact that every word has, and it feels they are more likely to find someone as town based on the gut feelings of how an interaction goes than by the methodology behind someone's actions (in other words, it feels like she reads people the same way she plays, based on feel and flow?).

And with that lens in mind, it thinks that the entrance had a chance to be a gambit and still does but it struggles to see how a feel and flow based player enters with a gambit like that because it's very much the kind of gambit that someone needs to think more in advance about. It thinks it fits way more as an off the cuff joke to garner reactions towards her. This is hypothesis but it thinks she is more comfortable reading people when they engage and talk about things she is involved in than trying to mindread an interaction between two other players and determine the value judgement of how that Feels.

With that in mind it thinks Bagel entered the game like this not nervously (bagel doesn't appear to be inexperienced) but with a light heart and the idea to dive right in and find what they find. It finds that mentality town and it expects that if that mentality continues across the days, the live and let live riskiness of willing to simply say what is on their mind and not hesitate to commit herself to a position, it feels strongly that it will be able to lock in that town read from there.
But not older.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 am

tbh I think Firebagel decided her entrance into this game before she even got her role PM because her account is a play off of Firebringer, who is known for claiming scum every game

But thanks for answering, that seems like a believable thought process at least
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1499, Hermit Crab wrote:
In post 1495, Lukewarm wrote: On one hand I feel like I need to reread this game to get a solid scum read of my own, and on the other hand I want to just wait for morph to do all the work for me and break out their super duper color coded entire player list read list

But either way, I don't currently know where I want my vote to be, and it feels stale where it is.
You that confident morph is town?
I do think that morph is town, but that post was not to say that I wanted the reads list to blindly sheep. But I wanted their eventual Sych-Achieved Cases to look at to determine which I agree with and which I don't, because that becomes a much more manageable amount of work to determine who I want to kill in a game of this size.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1505, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: tbh I think Firebagel decided her entrance into this game before she even got her role PM because her account is a play off of Firebringer, who is known for claiming scum every game

wait, it thought those connections were just jokes based on the name, is the account really actually a joke account trying to mirror firebringer's playersytle?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1506, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1495, Lukewarm wrote: On one hand I feel like I need to reread this game to get a solid scum read of my own, and on the other hand I want to just wait for morph to do all the work for me and break out their super duper color coded entire player list read list

But either way, I don't currently know where I want my vote to be, and it feels stale where it is.
I do think that morph is town, but that post was not to say that I wanted the reads list to blindly sheep. But I wanted their eventual Sych-Achieved Cases to look at to determine which I agree with and which I don't, because that becomes a much more manageable amount of work to determine who I want to kill in a game of this size.
Did you read its interaction with them where it asked for top 3 town and top scum?
But not older.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:25 am

In post 1507, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1505, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: tbh I think Firebagel decided her entrance into this game before she even got her role PM because her account is a play off of Firebringer, who is known for claiming scum every game

wait, it thought those connections were just jokes based on the name, is the account really actually a joke account trying to mirror firebringer's playersytle?
I don't think she's trying to mimic all of Firebringer's playstyle, just the part where he jokingly claims scum (her account creation was motivated by Firebringer based on her signup post). The rest of her playstyle seems true to her usual self.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 am

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1509, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

I don't think she's trying to mimic all of Firebringer's playstyle, just the part where he jokingly claims scum (her account creation was motivated by Firebringer based on her signup post). The rest of her playstyle seems true to her usual self.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Let it process that. It doesn't think this changes its model of her at all but still this isn't something it knew.
But not older.

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1508, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1506, Lukewarm wrote:

Did you read its interaction with them where it asked for top 3 town and top scum?
Yes, and I already agreed with their town reads.

Their reason on Spiff for the "cred trade" did nothing for me.

And their klick/sunflower comment was made, but not expounded upon.

Once they finally decide who they want to kill, I am expecting an annotated bibliography on why their top scum reads are scum, which is more what I was saying I was looking forward to.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:32 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

The whole cred trade push thing was weird from literally anyone townreading AD lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I was scum reading action dan at the time (this read has mellowed with time), and it still did not resonate with me.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:42 am

Post by morph the cat »

Tiered list. Not ready to write a book.

This is a fferylist. Slots where neuterhalf and I have opinions and are not yet synced are noted.

{Hermit Crab, Luke}
{Marci, Oblivion, Dunn}
{CSF, YdraHydra, Bagel(?)} spayhalf has YdraHydra here, neuterhalf has them lower. Neuterhalf has Pooky in this tier.
---------------------------
{Brian Skies, ActionDan, Gypyx, Firebringer, Pooky*} Surprised Brian is in this group, but this feels right to me. neuterhalf has him lower
{Dannflor, Spiffeh} On top of other stuff in the thread, I feel like Spiffeh is reaching with his appeal for us to townread him based on mindmeld :/
{Klick, Sunflower}
------------------
Not enough content yet for a call

{STD, SirCakez, Bingle, PenguinPower*}

PenguinPower being present and voting but not poking around at all is nearly enough concern to put him in one of the two lower groups under the first line.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:43 am

In post 1256, Sunflower wrote: i think that town!klick is capable of finding scum!me. he did it very well recently

i think regardless of alignment he knows that he doesn't have reason to think im scum here

the difference is that i think if he's town he would also know that if we're both town there's a decent chance we can find each other. the fact that he doesn't have reason to think im scum would make him doubt. im on the other side here, not fully confident that klick is scum, and that makes me question AD and marci

the way that his reads on AD and marci progressed from hesitancy/uncertainty to full-on confidence isn't supported and just isn't really believable to me coming from town!klick

this is what i mean by calling the play positional.
i think that those reads became solidified out of necessity
and not out of justified reason. and i don't think that's how town!klick plays

:blossom:
Thinking about this some more, why would scum!Klick feel the need to narrow his PoE within the hood down to you?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:44 am

Post by morph the cat »

How confident are you?
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:57 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 1509, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

Yeah, I don't know Firebringer well enough to actually keep it up, but that was definitely the idea.

But what is my 'usual' playstyle? Does Oblivion seem accurate in describing it from what it's seen here?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1509, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: ust the part where he jokingly claims scum
Jokes on you, I am always telling the truth.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Except when you aren't.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

Name one time i lied about being scum.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

I bleed red therefore my role pm is red. The mod can't tell me otherwise
Show

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1520, Firebringer wrote: Name one time i lied about being scum.
Pretty much every game I've played with you.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Firebringer »

Can't you see me in this fancy mafioso suit and cigar, i am definitely a mobster.
Show

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Brian Skies »

So now you're even dressing the part.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”