Shell Game (Night 2)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Post by marcistar »

If it helps

Theres a like ..5..? Idk how to count! Person hood and we got info that suggests scums in the hood.

I think its sus of action to say "0 or 1 scum in the hood" since i dont get why ceph would give that info if there wasnt scum in the hood?
I think hes scum trying to push the assumption of no scum in hood so he can get whateber that buff is.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am in a six person hood that is not Marci’s
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:06 am

Post by marcistar »

Really! Lets all claim our hoods! i am so fucking scared of mine what if theres multiple scum i know im an easy pocket..
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 am

Post by marcistar »

VOTE: actiondan
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 175, marcistar wrote: If it helps

Theres a like ..5..? Idk how to count! Person hood and we got info that suggests scums in the hood.

I think its sus of action to say "0 or 1 scum in the hood" since i dont get why ceph would give that info if there wasnt scum in the hood?
I think hes scum trying to push the assumption of no scum in hood so he can get whateber that buff is.
Can you elaborate on this info that suggests scums in the hood?

- Herr Mitt
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 175, marcistar wrote: Theres a like ..5..? Idk how to count! Person hood and we got info that suggests scums in the hood.
I think this hood should claim members. If it is known that mafia is there then they already know about it, and it is useful mechanical information
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Also what "buff"?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am

Post by marcistar »

At a predetermined point, if any of the players in my hood are mafia. Something that helps mafia happens?

Idk how to word without copy paste

I assume its bad for us tho
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am

Post by marcistar »

Myself, actiondan, sunflower, klick and dragons i think is all
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Would we know if it happens?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 am

Post by marcistar »

It says we wont be informed
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I think saying 0 or 1 makes sense because if there are 2 or more it is perhaps too easy to trigger it.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 am

Post by marcistar »

I think saying 0 at all is crazy. I think the info bascially suggests theres at least 1, maybe more.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 am

Post by marcistar »

Also sunflower saying theres exactly 1 is a bit wonky but i think the "1 or 0" is farrr worse
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 am

Post by Hermit Crab »

This head thinks Firebringer, marcistar, and Brian Skies are town so far.

Chuck Rab
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:54 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

In post 106, Firebagel wrote: I will RVS as long as I feel like it, thanks. :lol:

What even makes you so sure it was RVS though?
returning to thread with the best read of this emoji felt townie to me
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:58 am

In post 116, Sunflower wrote:
In post 112, morph the cat wrote: What has snagged your attention so far?
actiondan is interesting to me. feel safe leaning town for now i think although scum is possible

pooky a little towny

dunn a little towny although his willingness to elaborate so much on reads already was quite surprising to me. i don't think it's scummy though, just surprising

y'all i think feel eager to dig into things which is probably a good enough sign for now that id rather let you do that, although i think the point on me is one that feels misapplied

if i were to put a bet on a scum rn i think id guess STD. that's based on almost nothing however id still take the pookybucks

firebagel feels likely to be readable given time so not worried there rn

:blossom:
i’m going to go against the grain and say i think that this could be town fire (the game mod already laughing at me)

after having just finished a game where the opening that fire had was p fluffy/sociable like it was here, more than games prior, i feel like they would be a little more hesitant to indulge in that sort of posting. especially with people who were watching it happen it feels like it invites attention that could just be ignored

also i kind of think that this is a little sloppy to post as wolf. idr who in thread said actiondan read was like nothingness but the hedginess is obvious and i feel like idk. fire would probably… be a bit more something.

something something wolves can play sloppy too i guess said half heartedly
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 am

and i don’t inherently think that the people calling it out (otoh morph and dunn and i think one other person) are inherently wolfy for jumping on it because yeah recency. i kind of liked morphs posting to this point a bit and i think dunnstral a bit more because he feels different than midsummer to me
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:59 am

(this is all ydra obviously lol)
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 am

i don’t really like luke’s intro and posts on 5-6 idk why i haven’t played with him for a while so it could be that but they feel off to the vibes of the thread
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am

In post 131, Lukewarm wrote: Things of note:

Ydra's entrance vibed town for me.

I am liking Oblivion's questions at Firebagel, and am not liking firebagel's responses. But I think that I am liking Oblivions questions more then I am disliking bagel's responses.

I am also surprised by the fireisredsir fluff, and also surprised at the number of reads he churned out in in response to being called out for fluff.
if i had to take a crack at it i think it’s the last part - it feels silly that he reiterated how surprised he felt as if it were a big deal and the word churned is ?_? to me here lol
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Klick are you ignoring the neighborhood info and doing your own thing with your read lists?
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 am

i think spiffeh is the towniest player so far i liked for the part about meta
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:10 am

In post 155, Oblivion wrote:
In post 154, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 146, Oblivion wrote: To those who have expressed town reads on it, can it ask for a deeper look into the why behind those sentiments from each of you, for the purpose of its mental models?

For CSF, can you explain which of the questions it asked gave that reaction and why?
your questions feel like you're trying to probe but are latching onto the wrong things in a way that feels +scum. It's mostly gut but I'll try to articulate-
Spoiler:
In post 101, Oblivion wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
It... is a little concerned by this. Ignoring the part about Sunflower, what part of ActionDan's posting was strangely reached to you? This slot is calling the player who scumclaimed as an opening scum, which it thinks doesn't need much explination? Certainly there's ways to end up on either side of that read but explaining?

You appear to be an experienced player, can you explain to it why this read in particular is rubbing you the wrong way for not explaining their conclusions when half of it appears somewhat Face Value to it?

For this one, dunnstral already gave a different read on sunflower, which was 50% of Dan's list.

And like... What's the harm in asking Dan to articulate reasons when the game is this early? Even if the answer may be obvious to you.

It turns out the answer probably wasn't what you expected. What did you make of that btw?

Spoiler:
In post 110, Oblivion wrote:
In post 106, Firebagel wrote: I will RVS as long as I feel like it, thanks. :lol:

What even makes you so sure it was RVS though?
Can you explain why you are taking a hostile/adversarial position to this line of inquery? It has a hard time believing you can't see that your entrance is above the line of suspicious and overtly drawing attention, so it wants to understand what the motivation of your doing this is? What do you aim to accomplish with this tact?

Did you miss posts and in your read through?

Setting that aside though, I don't really agree that the post is hostile
It looked at Dunn's post and thought that his writing about Action Dan felt contrived in a way as to make his arguments, and so wanted to pick at him to determine where he was coming from. It feels like it is worth attacking this to understand his approach.

It feels that Bagel's response to being poked by Morph was absolutely defensive/hostile over responsive, which it feels was confirmed by how it then responded to it by deflecting its question with more questions. To this point, its question still hasn't been answered.

In truth, its questions are designed to develop a mental model of players at this point. To see how they respond to questions about their approach to the game, so it can get a baseline to read them from later.

What confuses it is that you are saying that asking questions towards players to garner their intent is pro-town but call its questioning anti-town, despite it being pretty clear and apparent that it is asking questions to determine how people think and approach the game state. It can't help but wonder if this is because it prefers to ask questions from aggressors to determine their mindset instead of asking questions from those in already defensive positions who have their guard up?
i think this probably comes from town too or it’s Good Enough for me for now its the least relevant part of the post but the self reflection feels towny.

i’m less sure about csf in this interaction but it feels like there’s a discrepancy in how these two approach questioning and handle people in general and i don’t think (?) csf was approaching oblivion in “bad faith”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>