Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Sunflower »

ok anyway yeah i don't mind the claim of the hood. imo hoods are kinda bad to keep hidden generally i think since scum already know about it. 0 scum in the hood seems pretty unlikely to me

:blossom:
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 am

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

my only superpower in mafia si being able to somewhat reliably identify if people are town while other people think they are not town. this does not mean i stop their eliminations
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 am

i hope theres 0 wolves in the hood i think it would be the funniest choice
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 195, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 131, Lukewarm wrote: Things of note:

Ydra's entrance vibed town for me.

I am liking Oblivion's questions at Firebagel, and am not liking firebagel's responses. But I think that I am liking Oblivions questions more then I am disliking bagel's responses.

I am also surprised by the fireisredsir fluff, and also surprised at the number of reads he churned out in in response to being called out for fluff.
if i had to take a crack at it i think it’s the last part - it feels silly that he reiterated how surprised he felt as if it were a big deal and the word churned is ?_? to me here lol
I stand by surprised in both instances thank you very much.

When I started reading fire's posts, I seemed a little out of character for how I picture him, bit I also realized it's been a long time since I played with him, so I kinda just filed the thought away for later.

And when I hit that post, it felt like (flagrantly stealing this verbage from morph) tonal whiplash.

Given the timing, it also seemed reactionary to the people proding him for his fluffiness. The content of the reads also felt a bit weak, and it looked like he was padding out the reads to appease the haters.

That is where churned came in. Like he started the post with the idea "I need to put reads out because people are prodding me," and came up with the reads as he wrote the post. As opposed to just expressing the reads he had been developing.

I was still mulling over whether or not I thought town!fire would also feel the need to put out reads if he felt like people were starting to suspect him over his content, which is why I didn't go from calling it surprising -> calling it scummy.

The point about scum fire being able to churn out a better reads list if he felt like he needed to does ring true a little.
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am

while it was not the pinnacle of a towncase i think i want to rescind my firebagel read looking back at the earlier parts of the game i feel like she was trying a bit too hard to fit in with the Whimsy and Wonder RVS squad. i'm not sure if this matters as much for a gimmicky account because like yeah youre gonna want to interact with the people who inspired you but meh
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 227, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i hope theres 0 wolves in the hood i think it would be the funniest choice
i think that by flavor of this game, the hood members can probably switch around
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 am

Post by Sunflower »

i think i generally am happy to answer the questions that people ask of em unless im being a bartlebypilled scrivencel

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 205, ActionDan wrote:
In post 119, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, ActionDan wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
Sunflower is because of forces outside the main thread. I will not explain that at this time, but may before the day is through.

Firebagel was because as an alt that may very well only exist for the purpose of stealing Firebringer's scum claiming gimmick, it hadn't posted for a page.
OK. Why is not posting for a page scummy?
People who engage in gimmicks like that place a high priority on RVS banter to form early reads. If they do not post while the iron is hot, the utility disappears as well.

---

I see our neighborhood has been outed. At first glance this worry from Maristar looks planned and manufactured. And with the goodfellas award I am discarding this as an oversensitive townie

VOTE: Maristar

Secondly CSF earns a permanent FOS for the Miller claim for this particular game alone.
Have you played with Marci before?
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 230, Gypyx wrote:
In post 227, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i hope theres 0 wolves in the hood i think it would be the funniest choice
i think that by flavor of this game, the hood members can probably switch around
i thought so too

Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:22 am

In post 228, Lukewarm wrote:

I am liking Oblivion's questions at Firebagel, and am not liking firebagel's responses. But I think that I am liking Oblivions questions more then I am disliking bagel's responses.

I am also surprised by the fireisredsir fluff, and also surprised at the number of reads he churned out in in response to being called out for fluff.
if i had to take a crack at it i think it’s the last part - it feels silly that he reiterated how surprised he felt as if it were a big deal and the word churned is ?_? to me here lol

When I started reading fire's posts, I seemed a little out of character for how I picture him, bit I also realized it's been a long time since I played with him, so I kinda just filed the thought away for later.

And when I hit that post, it felt like (flagrantly stealing this verbage from morph) tonal whiplash.

Given the timing, it also seemed reactionary to the people proding him for his fluffiness. The content of the reads also felt a bit weak, and it looked like he was padding out the reads to appease the haters.

That is where churned came in. Like he started the post with the idea "I need to put reads out because people are prodding me," and came up with the reads as he wrote the post. As opposed to just expressing the reads he had been developing.

I was still mulling over whether or not I thought town!fire would also feel the need to put out reads if he felt like people were starting to suspect him over his content, which is why I didn't go from calling it surprising -> calling it scummy.

The point about scum fire being able to churn out a better reads list if he felt like he needed to does ring true a little.
yeah okay i do think that's fair. in the last game which just finished recently midsummer i noted that sunflower was playing more sociable than i expected and it was because they were wolfing so i don't inherently think that's a bad thing to pressure on as previously stated

i don't have a strong mental Picture of Lukewarm but it felt like calling things repeatedly surprising was.. wrong i guess, idk if i expect you to have a bit more sureness or bite to how you approach posts and that was more of a softball like you were being timid
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 206, Hermit Crab wrote: -Herr Mitt
this is very good
<(") | (")>
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:36 am

Post by Sunflower »

lukewarm is lining up with my mental Picture of lukewarm i think

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

Post by PenguinPower »

lukewarm being lukewarm?

amazing.
<(") | (")>
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 121, Oblivion wrote:
In post 118, Firebagel wrote: Oblivion town

And probably hasn't looked at Firebringer's sig. :lol:
Can you answer the question, though? It would like an answer.
Sure. I think I was being flippant, not hostile; and I think my entrance was pretty clearly a joke to amuse me (and maybe get some potentially useful reactions).
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:38 am

Post by Sunflower »

i didn't really like the CSF post about oblivion at all but i think i don't agree with dan about suspecting her for the miller claim. im probably not gonna give that much weight i think

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 234, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 228, Lukewarm wrote:

yeah okay i do think that's fair. in the last game which just finished recently midsummer i noted that sunflower was playing more sociable than i expected and it was because they were wolfing so i don't inherently think that's a bad thing to pressure on as previously stated

i don't have a strong mental Picture of Lukewarm but it felt like calling things repeatedly surprising was.. wrong i guess, idk if i expect you to have a bit more sureness or bite to how you approach posts and that was more of a softball like you were being timid
I feel like I have more bite once I have a bone to chase down, but I'm still getting the lay of the land at this point
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 am

In post 239, Sunflower wrote: i didn't really like the CSF post about oblivion at all but i think i don't agree with dan about suspecting her for the miller claim. im probably not gonna give that much weight i think

explain?
Firebagel
Firebagel
she
Goon
Firebagel
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:40 am

Post by Firebagel »

In post 138, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Dunnstral feels town

Ohlivion's questions feel off

VOTE: oblivion
Dunn is tryharding and that worries me a little, so I'm on like the totally opposite page here.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 241, Shello and Goodbye wrote:
In post 239, Sunflower wrote: i didn't really like the CSF post about oblivion at all but i think i don't agree with dan about suspecting her for the miller claim. im probably not gonna give that much weight i think

explain?
csf scum i think has a way of zeroing in on things that look kinda surface level correct to push on and the post reminded me of that. i think when she's town i tend to agree with her takes more and the solving feels more natural

for the other part it's mostly that i am not mechbrained and i am starting to get the nagging worry that a lot of the solving of this game is going to go way over my head help im scared

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 am

Post by Sunflower »

if anyone would like to volunteer to be our mechanical chaperone here i will locktown you and follow whatever you say

Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 am

do you feel like you've always acted this.. idk i don't want to say my idea of fireisredsir is 'gloomy' really but you seem like you're more free-spirited recently so im just curious if theres a difference now in how youre approaching games
Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 am

i guess looking at the csf post to oblivion i do question what the point of the ending of it was

like saying you dont agree its hostile and it peters out is mehish
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:55 am

Post by Sunflower »

that's so sad... but probably true idk. i have definitely been gloomy at times. i think i have also been more free-spirited at other times but usually like in dance games or micros. i don't think there's a conscious difference but i also would be surprised if there wasn't one

Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 am

Post by Sunflower »

that is to say im not making any effort to play in a way that is different than usual. i think the vibe of my posting especially when town tends to be reflective of my mood. as scum it's more manufactured for whatever goal i may have at the time

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

RIDE OR DIE
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”