Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by Dannflor »

they are also making a lot of posts that I think they would think would get scum read if they were scum, but they are posting them anyway

i don't expect this point to be particularly salient to anyone but it is true
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:42 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Also, you're absolutely wrong about neuterhalf not believing what he says.

Ask him to unpack stuff. He doesn't bite.

much.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2320, morph the cat wrote: Luke do you want to talk about your concerns with us?
I went to bed, did a last check of the thread my phone and saw this, and you have pulled me back to my laptop :oops:

But yeah, I can type out my thoughts.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2324, morph the cat wrote: I found town-you in that game despite scumreading the absolute hell out of the player you replaced.
yeah and you did that by diving my meta and finding a tell by yourself that you were very confident in, not asking me if i can point you to another game where i was demotivated by mech

I do remember that I scum read your posting as performative previously and it's possible I'm doing that again

I don't actually want to kill you today anyway, in some part because I don't really have the tools to do that in this game, but your interactions with fireisredsir made me mad so now I'm coming out with this. it was probably a mistake but whatever
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2328, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2324, morph the cat wrote: I found town-you in that game despite scumreading the absolute hell out of the player you replaced.
yeah and you did that by diving my meta and finding a tell by yourself that you were very confident in, not asking me if i can point you to another game where i was demotivated by mech

I do remember that I scum read your posting as performative previously and it's possible I'm doing that again

I don't actually want to kill you today anyway, in some part because I don't really have the tools to do that in this game, but your interactions with fireisredsir made me mad so now I'm coming out with this. it was probably a mistake but whatever
I'm recovering from COVID. Again. And my brain is not at its finest atm.

I'm not going to search for a game in a haystack, though I'd definitely take a look at games people point me to.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:54 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2323, Dannflor wrote: I think both Sunflower and Klick's posts/cases on each other were towny and
I can case that more specifically tomorrow
, but it reminded me of a TvT in a lot of ways because of the specific ways they both basically took personally how the other was going about reading the other. I think sunflower would have reached for other resources if they wanted to "1v1" klick
I'd be interested in hearing this. Reading it earlier, I felt like Sunflower might've started with the conclusion that Klick was scum, because I didn't think he was thinking about what scum!Klick's motive would be.

I do think point 3 has merit

Did you have any thoughts about his vote on me? I don't feel heavily sussed or sussed at all this game, so leaving a vote on me with an insipid explanation seems unlikely to go anywhere
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:55 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2325, Dannflor wrote: they are also making a lot of posts that I think they would think would get scum read if they were scum, but they are posting them anyway
isnt this just too scummy to be scum written in a fancier way
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:57 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Also, I should note that I'm not seeing a lot of what I meta read you on in the first game.

I can kinda squint and see your defense of fireisred as maybe being game health maintenance related if you really think that we're being toxic or something. It's just a weird way to go about it, attacking us for our read/vote/justifications. I don't usually assume that's town behavior.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 5:58 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2325, Dannflor wrote: they are also making a lot of posts that I think they would think would get scum read if they were scum, but they are posting them anyway

i don't expect this point to be particularly salient to anyone but it is true
If you could quote them in a spoiler? It's easier to digest than relatively abstract statements
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2330, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Did you have any thoughts about his vote on me? I don't feel heavily sussed or sussed at all this game, so leaving a vote on me with an insipid explanation seems unlikely to go anywhere
I don't mind his vote on you

I think people are probably clearing you too easily due to having an idea that you are a polarized player

I think scum are more likely to buy into that narrative and not push perceived polarized players who are widely agreed to be town
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2332, morph the cat wrote: Also, I should note that I'm not seeing a lot of what I meta read you on in the first game.

I can kinda squint and see your defense of fireisred as maybe being game health maintenance related if you really think that we're being toxic or something. It's just a weird way to go about it, attacking us for our read/vote/justifications. I don't usually assume that's town behavior.
I mean my playstyle has changed dramatically since that game, I wasn't harping on you reading me for that point specifically

Just idk I'm just not as impressed with your sorting this game as I have been in games past, if that's a COVID related thing maybe I'll see that as the game progresses
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2331, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
isnt this just too scummy to be scum written in a fancier way
yeah I suppose

it also has to do with me having played with fire a lot and feeling like I have a decent handle on what he's self conscious about as scum
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2334, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2330, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Did you have any thoughts about his vote on me? I don't feel heavily sussed or sussed at all this game, so leaving a vote on me with an insipid explanation seems unlikely to go anywhere
I don't mind his vote on you

I think people are probably clearing you too easily due to having an idea that you are a polarized player

I think scum are more likely to buy into that narrative and not push perceived polarized players who are widely agreed to be town
Is CSF really widely agreed to be town though?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2335, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2332, morph the cat wrote: Also, I should note that I'm not seeing a lot of what I meta read you on in the first game.

I mean my playstyle has changed dramatically since that game, I wasn't harping on you reading me for that point specifically

Just idk I'm just not as impressed with your sorting this game as I have been in games past, if that's a COVID related thing maybe I'll see that as the game progresses
I haven't played with you in over a year, and before that, I'd played 2 games with you. Are you expecting me to somehow have kept tabs on how your game has changed?

Anyway. you probably do deserve a meta refresh.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2336, Dannflor wrote: it also has to do with me having played with fire a lot and feeling like I have a decent handle on what he's self conscious about as scum
you're going to have to spell out the exact read if that's the line you're taking
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:15 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Had to check the activity log to make sure I hadn't missed an experience post :/
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm running out of steam. Luke, I'm not sure if you're working on a post still or not. I'll hang in for 20-30 more minutes maybe more if I can keep my eyes open.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

1Lack of methodological approach.

This is again what drew my attention to you super early in the game, where you appeared to miss the context of pooky's readlist.

It resurfaced with your Sunflower vote in , where:

(1) you used sunflower's comment on hoods being swapped around against him, despite several other people having voiced the same theory, and him not being the the first one to say it. Even in the post you quoted, fire said that he "still" thinks that hood swapping makes sense, indicating that there was a prior discussion about the topic, but you did not follow up on that.

(2) you missed an entire page of people stating that Bingle's claim looked like a joke, and you simply took it at face value. Like, in order for you to make the claim in 2099, it would necessitate you having missed every single one of these posts?

Spoiler:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote:
In post 1721, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Bingle wrote: Warm pup might also be scum, btw.
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
In post 1727, Bingle wrote: VOTE: Marcistar
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
In post 1729, Bingle wrote:
In post 1728, Firebringer wrote: U just said u can't vote!
No I didn’t.
In post 1730, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1724, Bingle wrote: I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote
In post 1731, Bingle wrote: That doesn’t say I can’t vote.
In post 1738, Brian Skies wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
I lose my ability to rearrange hoods if I vote, which will make my wincon of making the alignments of living players in the hoods match really hard to achieve.
Wait, hold on, this is actually a thing?
In post 1746, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Bingle, you're the main character
In post 1749, Dunnstral wrote: I thought Bingle was joking.
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
VOTE MEEEEEEEE
Wait how do you know there are hoods plural?

p-edit: oh, maybe
In post 1751, Sunflower wrote: i thought bingle was very definitely joking

:blossom:
In post 1752, Firebringer wrote: I think bingle has never told a joke in mafia game ever.
In post 1753, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1750, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:

p-edit: oh, maybe
I was not sure what to think about the claim, but yeah him voting 2 posts later made me assume that the claim was a joke.
]

2Your interaction with me over my reads
In post 1844, morph the cat wrote: I don't agree on a couple of your reads, which should be obvious. Those are the ones I'm mulling. Do you need me to prioritize getting back to you on it? I was going to wait until we have a chance to sync on new data first.
You feeling like you need to talk to cabd, before you could talk to me about my reads seems very out of character for how I think of town!ffery.

Like, our game experience, once you decided that I was town, we have literally started our own in thread neighborhood to work through our thoughts, and that came across as you being hesitant to just chat with me on my throughts despite having me as one of your strongest town reads.

And once you did respond to them with , is felt like there was a lack of bite? Like, it did not feel like you were actually trying to challenge me on the things that you did not agree with me on, to work through the differences. You just kinda *pointed* at places where we differed.

3Our conversation about time stamps

I feel like my posts about your history of timestamps resulted in you posting on the back foot. Like you did not know where it was going, and that worried you.

It actually gave me the opposite vibes of our interaction where I original town read you, because it felt almost like you were worried that it was leading to a read shift from me. It seemed like you wanted to enagage with me to keep a tabs on it, but didn't know the right steps to take because it was an unexpected conversation. And you basically came out and said that it was distracting to you
In post 2142, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2138, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2134, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2127, Dunnstral wrote: I find the arguments against SirCakez persuasive. The time gap between posts and also how they entered the thread looking like they were ready to solve but then vanished around the time they would have slipped. Also the idea that they would be spending time looking for how they knew that info.

inorite?

Luke do you think there's something to this?
To the cakez stuff? Or to Dunn repeating it back?

Because I am currently voting Cakez
I didn't internalize this because of wondering about your focus on
my
occasional timing focus.
4 Minor ping
In post 2140, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2137, Lukewarm wrote: inevitable 1v1.
Note that they JUST saw this exact scenario as scum in Midscummer's, from Dunn/Gif scum hydra against Alisae/Maria town hydra.
This post felt off.

It did not feel like it was engaging in a way to substantiate a new point, but just to egg on my thoughts. Strengthen my read. But still let the point be originating from me.

5Cabd's recent interjections

Spoiler: relevant cabd posts
In post 2293, morph the cat wrote: Null is always where scum puts morph when we are approaching UTR status.

Calling us scum puts a bunch of heat on from the rest of the folks town reading us and makes them effort a case.

Calling us town means admitting that we have legitimate concerns and having to more directly address and tango.

But calling our well over there hundred posts "null" means having to do neither of those things until forced from a different impetus and allows status quo riding along.
In post 2296, morph the cat wrote: Sunflower won't case me but if they are town and genuinely scum reading me they think it's perfectly fine to let scum me have thread control for two whole game days. Lol nope.
In post 2297, morph the cat wrote: (a townie actually scum reading me is shouting that shit from the rooftops and urging the thread to stop following me blindly damn the personal consequences.)
In post 2302, morph the cat wrote: I mean if you're town and I'm scum it's called playing to your win condition.
In post 2303, morph the cat wrote: You're once again more worried about the consequences and fallout of pushing me than you are actually wanting to protect the town from a scary deepwolf.
In post 2306, morph the cat wrote: And I don't think you're a coward as town. So I'm left with the alternative. That you ARE playing to win con it's just not the one I have.

I know that cabd knows that you should not step in the way of a line of questioning, but he did it anyways. And the way that he did it does feel kinda bad faith as dann said. Or as I said
In post 2313, Lukewarm wrote: this would look a lot like you were trying to get ahead of anything sunflower might have to say, both to demoralize him and to discredit anything he did decide to put out.
That series of posts does set cabd up to either:

If Fireisredsir does not make a case, say "see, I told you he wouldn't do it," or
If fireisredsir does make a case say "He had to put it out there because of my posts saying that its a scum claim not to"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2341, morph the cat wrote: I'm running out of steam. Luke, I'm not sure if you're working on a post still or not. I'll hang in for 20-30 more minutes maybe more if I can keep my eyes open.
Sorry, its a big post!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

As a side point, once I started having flickers of the possibility of morph scum, it has mildly shifted my stance on marci.

If morph ends up flipping town at any point this game, I am ready to treat her as an innocent child.

but if morph does turn out to be scum, scum!marci should be back on the table.

Morph is the only slot in the entire game that I think would both take on the task of coaching her through all of the hood/dethy stuff, and would succeed at it. I have actually seen Cabd do that exact thing for Marci before.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Just skimming, I see you may have confused some cabd posts for mine. 2140 wasn't me.

I'll go through the whole thing and respond before I call it a night.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2345, morph the cat wrote: Just skimming, I see you may have confused some cabd posts for mine. 2140 wasn't me.

I'll go through the whole thing and respond before I call it a night.
Yeah, I knew that one was cabd.

The post started with my pings on you, and ended with my pings on cabd. I guess I did not make that clear.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 pm

Post by experience »

hey y'all!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2347, experience wrote: hey y'all!
Hello!

But also, goodnight!
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 pm

Post by experience »

UNVOTE:

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”